NATION

PASSWORD

NS is a Weird, Yet Supportive Place

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Putin Vladimir Putin
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

NS is a Weird, Yet Supportive Place

Postby Putin Vladimir Putin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi,

I just joined NS today, and I had so many supportive telegrams. And people say that NS is bad, but it couldn't be further from the truth! The first telegram I got was Max Barry telling me that he's my number one fan. Awww. It's nice to have fans all over the World. He even said that he'll be eager for me to steer his destiny, should I put him in touch with Ms. Simonyan?

And I was instantly bombarded with propaganda, including this one, reminding me of my Pravda days.

Hey there Putin Vladimir Putin,

Welcome to NationStates.

I'm sure at the moment you are being absolutely bombarded by telegrams from people telling you about how great their region is and why you should join. Well, I must admit that this is also one of those telegrams. Except, we're telling the truth.

Awww. It's as if I never left Sputnik. I've also gotten TGs with an "exclusive" invitation... I love that trick. Just slap exclusive on top of any invitation, and presto. Yet another region wanted me to run for office right away. Seems NS is as troubled as 1990s Russia. Brings back memories. And yet another offered salutations.

But then there was a TG stating Putin Vladimir Putin, ATTACK YOUR ENEMIES! - is that a trap? I thought trolling wasn't allowed? All in all, it's been a riveting experience on NS and NSG thus far, I got to thank Barry, and get awesome TGs, even ones telling me to embrace Democracy.

What was your NS/NSG experience like when you started?

(Also, if this should be in another forum, please move it. I don't mean to take over NS right away. Like Ukraine, these things take time.)

The Vladivostok Confederacy
Secretary

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vladivostok Confederacy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Generally I got various invitations from various different regions and such. I never got anything from Max Barry (I think). But anyways, to the point.

DO YOU WANT A REGION, MISTER VLADIMIR PUTIN? WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!!!!!!

But anyways, welcome to NationStates! Hopefully you don't have to deal with too many more...propaganda. I assure you, it's all western spies trying to dismantle your great nation!
Last edited by The Vladivostok Confederacy on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The People's Republic of the Vladivostok Confederacy
Overview - General Secretary - Political Parties
The Vladivostok Tribune Headline: General Secretary Daletski signs a bill into law allowing for immigrants to run for elections.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Stay here a few months and your opinion will change (if you stay in this part of the NS forums that is).
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Wait till you see summer, boy are you in for a treat
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:35 pm

First off: Heya, welcome to Nationstates. If you need any help or explanation, feel free to send me a Telegram ;)

I barely remember my first experience on Nationstates. The furthest back I can recall is my first FT RP in International Incidents, led by a dude called Amazonian Beasts. It was swell and people were patient, even though I still had a lot to learn.

Erusean Kingdom
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Erusean Kingdom » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm

You'll change your mind when Summer rolls around.
The Federal Kingdom of Erusea"Vérité sans peur!"
National Factbooks | Tech Level: Post Modern | Civilization Level: 16
A proud kingdom in western Usea, led by the righteous King Jean Louis V. A historical imperial power and aggressor marred by years of war and refugee crises brought on by the Ulysses Disaster, Erusea has slowly begun to reassert herself on the world stage in a time of rising global tensions, militarism, and a new cold war.

Le Moniteur Royale: The Osean Federation begins the final phases of construction of the International Space Elevator in Selatapura, Gunther Bay, in what was formerly Erusean territory, prompting outrage from native Eruseans and the Erusean government.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Erusean Kingdom wrote:You'll change your mind when Summer rolls around.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but NS Summer doesn’t really seem eventful.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 pm

NS finest supportive time: when the NSG forum came together to try and locate and save another NSer. Some of you may remember that time.

The site sure has it’s golden moments. Other times? Not so much. Either way, enjoy your time here.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Summer is coming.

Brace yourself for the best time. Its going to be fun. Oh boy.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Hello to this odd world that has exploited mechanics and is mainly just dictatorships.
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Dushan wrote:Summer is coming.

I joined back in November 2018 so I'm either in for a treat or an experience that will just make me sulk back into Fortnite BR and SSBU.
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 pm

It's a great place to ask for advice when there's this girl that you like but you don't know how to tell her..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Dushan wrote:Summer is coming.

Yeah. Don't you just hate all the noobs that join during the summer, they just suck amiright? Haha.

*sweats nervously*
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Bombadil wrote:It's a great place to ask for advice when there's this girl that you like but you don't know how to tell her..

With all due respect:

NO
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 pm

This seems like a topic more appropriate for gameplay than general, so moved.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Terhovistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Terhovistan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 pm

I have a very distant memory that it was horrible.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Heh, we have a new guy here.

Jokes aside, welcome to the wondrous world of NS, my friend! There are many places that you can go to, namely F7, NSG, Gameplay, World Assembly, Portal to the Multiverse, and many, many distant places and worlds that you can go to!

Generally, I like to lurk around in F7 & F&NI (Factbooks and National Information), and sometimes in NSG. Word of advice, that NSG can get generally heated given the out-of-character political nature of it.

Still, enjoy your stay! And remember: Don't let NS take over you, like me!
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:41 pm

Putin Vladimir Putin wrote:But then there was a TG stating Putin Vladimir Putin, ATTACK YOUR ENEMIES! - is that a trap? I thought trolling wasn't allowed?

First of all, hello and welcome to NS!

You're correct that trolling is not allowed, no. And this game has no real "war" mechanic, as you most likely figured out. However, there does exist a mechanic called "raiding", also called invading and crashing. It is done by going into a region with an executive World Assembly delegate and vote each other to become delegate. This is done for several reasons (fun, conflict, to show military strength) and is lots of fun to do. I do have one word of advise: that telegram is from "The Invaders", a group known for being toxic. If you're interested, there are several groups you can join.

Wether you choose to or not, I wish you tue best on NS. :)
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:00 am

My first NS experience was in II forums and it basically consisted of me boasting about my evil army and godmodding battles in war rps to make sure I always won.

I somehow became involved with a clique of people in an open rp and we made our own roleplay world. Its been 4 years or so since. That world is bigger than ever.

And my army's still very much the antagonist everyone loves to hate.
Last edited by Vanquaria on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 am

The NS experience is like Hotel California. In the start, it's a lovely place. In the end, you can sign out, but you can never leave.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:28 am

RiderSyl wrote:The NS experience is like Hotel California. In the start, it's a lovely place. In the end, you can sign out, but you can never leave.

Damn, this is the best analogy I've heard
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:59 am

Being relatively new myself, and having never experienced a summer of NS, what is to be expected on those hot summer days? Why is it so bad? (If I’m reading the messages right)

Cheers!

~Ball
Field Commander of Antifa
Citizen of the New Pacific Order

Erusean Kingdom
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Erusean Kingdom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am

Ballpit wrote:Being relatively new myself, and having never experienced a summer of NS, what is to be expected on those hot summer days? Why is it so bad? (If I’m reading the messages right)

Cheers!

~Ball

A mix of the usual influx of terrible newbies, as well as a marked uptick in trolls and fascists on the forums.
The Federal Kingdom of Erusea"Vérité sans peur!"
National Factbooks | Tech Level: Post Modern | Civilization Level: 16
A proud kingdom in western Usea, led by the righteous King Jean Louis V. A historical imperial power and aggressor marred by years of war and refugee crises brought on by the Ulysses Disaster, Erusea has slowly begun to reassert herself on the world stage in a time of rising global tensions, militarism, and a new cold war.

Le Moniteur Royale: The Osean Federation begins the final phases of construction of the International Space Elevator in Selatapura, Gunther Bay, in what was formerly Erusean territory, prompting outrage from native Eruseans and the Erusean government.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:04 am

Erusean Kingdom wrote:
Ballpit wrote:Being relatively new myself, and having never experienced a summer of NS, what is to be expected on those hot summer days? Why is it so bad? (If I’m reading the messages right)

Cheers!

~Ball

A mix of the usual influx of terrible newbies, as well as a marked uptick in trolls and fascists on the forums.

wait until he gets around F7

cringe
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:15 am

Erusean Kingdom wrote:

Cheers!

~Ball

Oh, so nothing out of the ordinary? Got it. :P

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:

wait until he gets around F7

cringe

Hmm. F7, eh? Can’t say I’ve had the misfortune of visiting there.
Field Commander of Antifa
Citizen of the New Pacific Order

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay