NATION

PASSWORD

Redlandia is Not Fascist

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
LGBT Londontown
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Redlandia is Not Fascist

Postby LGBT Londontown » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:52 am

Good morning,

I often keep to myself and rarely do I comment on the forums, including NationStates Gameplay. As you may have recently saw, a member of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators proposed condemning the Civil Defence Siren. I rarely know what the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is, other than the fact that they roleplay as totalitarians and that its founder, Jocospor, overspends on World Assembly campaigns. I am not a member of the World Assembly, so I didn't vote, and regardless I would've abstained. However, that's beside the point. The fact that Redlandia is still in the Civil Defence Siren suggests that most people view Redlandia as a region that supports fascism, which is not true. Now I understand that the Civil Defence Siren may be an in-character (or roleplaying) tool to combat in-character fascism, but every region on the list, it seems, shares real-life fascist views. Hence it's difficult to determine whether or not we're being generalized for our real-world political views or in-character views; it's very confusing.

As a leftist who resides in Redlandia, when we were in Northern Redlands, all of us assumed that the political views of embassy regions didn't reflect the political views in real life. That suddenly changed after our older region was raided by Antifa. A few weeks after the downfall of Northern Redlands, The Reddington States and Ulrech discovered that such embassy regions, according to their experience off-site, legitimately held fascist views in real life. It prompted a few members, like Novum Vallis, to call for an end in interregional raiding against Antifa. During that same period, after fascists came into our region to commit election fraud, Novum Vallis proposed we should close down embassies with fascist regions. The majority of Redlandians voted to close down embassies with fascists, resulting in anger in the far-right NS community. Redlandia was called a "safe space" and/or a "puppet of Antifa". Vippertooth came into the region to congratulate us but many didn't appreciate that he invaded Northern Redlands to begin with, so a key member (Fereria), who like many others approved the vote to close down fascist embassies, banjected him. The founder privately told me that banjecting him was wrong, but reversing the ban would upset a lot of members. So the banjection remained.

Reddington and Ulrech started to revamp the entire region. Reddington wrote multiple designed dispatches for the region, establishing the region's etiquette and features, while Ulrech overhauled our entire Discord server, which started off shoddy. The election also caused some people to leave, but those people were either extremely right-wing or cancerous to the RMB experience. We felt like that Redlandia was heading towards the right direction.

Since we closed embassies with fascists, we gained a number of left-wingers entering the region. One of those new left-wing users, New Camelot of Avalonia campaigned for a spot in the administration and earned it in a fair, democratic election. Redlandia would have its first truly balanced government where its members have a variety of political views ranging from left to right (but neither communist nor fascist). This was completely unprecendented in regional history as Redlandia, a mostly right-leaning region, was experiencing left-wing influence. We did what the CCD failed to do and that was close embassies with fascists, increase leftist influence in our government, and encourage the condemnation of real-life fascism.

Redlandia is perhaps the most left it's ever been, although I'm not saying it's a leftist region now. But if we've done all of the aforementioned, if members of our administration recently participated in a raid of Farkasfalka, and if we're actively criticizing fascism and Holocaust denial on our own RMB, then why are we still in CDS's list with a myriad of regions that have criticized our region including the founder and the commandant themselves? Why is it that when our members go into off-site platforms for different regions, they are removed from those platforms for being "fascist"? It happened to Charleotopia once, it happened to Ulrech once, and it happened to Reddington twice. Members of our region are being persecuted in other regions because of their affiliation with Redlandia and it's quite disgusting. What this is doing is creating tensions within Redlandia. Most of us want to make it clear that our region is against fascism, and yet a few members don't want that because the NSGP wouldn't accept them anyways. A former member who Ulrech banjected suggested that Redlandia's government should be working with fascists to resist Antifa. A fascist from The Iron Confederacy suggested that Redlandia should become fascist again. A region literally titled The Reich thought that Redlandia was a "bastion of fascism and Nazism" because the CDS said so.

I want my peers at Redlandia to join any region without being labeled a "fascist". I want this "Redlandia is fascist" nonsense to end, now. I want people to actually communicate with us about our views rather than get their heresy from a member of Antifa. Nobody in Redlandia wants to be associated with digustingly racist and bigoted Nazis and fascists.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:24 am

Redlandia is perhaps the most left it's ever been, although I'm not saying it's a leftist region now. But if we've done all of the aforementioned, if members of our administration recently participated in a raid of Farkasfalka, and if we're actively criticizing fascism and Holocaust denial on our own RMB, then why are we still in CDS's list with a myriad of regions that have criticized our region including the founder and the commandant themselves? Why is it that when our members go into off-site platforms for different regions, they are removed from those platforms for being "fascist"?

Honestly? I think think it's because the program has more to do with posturing then actually fighting fascism. There's a lot of people in the antifa movement because it's a way to gain some kind of moral legitimacy. In other words, it doesn't matter if you are actually fascist or not, only if they can make the label stick.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 am

That's good that you're making progress. But it has to be consistent. Maintain the left-wing leanings, go further and eventually that will become people's new memory. The far-right past will be forgotten.

If you go back to fascism, it will only prove the skeptics correct, and any trust that was gained would be broken. Seeing your story now, it's nice, but the first thought that comes to my mind is "Is this a real change? Or is it temporary? After all, it still sounds like it has a lot of right-wingers in it. How do I know they're not prone to becoming fascist once again?"

Keep doing what you're doing. Be consistent, show that this re-alignment is for real and the past will eventually be forgotten. It just takes time.

And it sounds like you guys need to come to the table with the Civil Defense Siren.
FT Ecumenopolis
Used a base picture of the moon Titan, and made the changes to make it look like a planet-wide city. (Scroll to bottom of link for picture of planet)

Luxcentra was colonized with the goal of becoming the galactic center of NS Commerce.

ENTP|Taurus|Lawful Good|Earth/Light
My Values
Luxcentran Values
Lux Central News -- Preparing For Tomorrow | Residents worried of the President's sudden authoritarian turn | Construction of a new central district to replace the current capital is under way.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:33 am

Aclion wrote:
Redlandia is perhaps the most left it's ever been, although I'm not saying it's a leftist region now. But if we've done all of the aforementioned, if members of our administration recently participated in a raid of Farkasfalka, and if we're actively criticizing fascism and Holocaust denial on our own RMB, then why are we still in CDS's list with a myriad of regions that have criticized our region including the founder and the commandant themselves? Why is it that when our members go into off-site platforms for different regions, they are removed from those platforms for being "fascist"?

Honestly? I think think it's because the program has more to do with posturing then actually fighting fascism. There's a lot of people in the antifa movement because it's a way to gain some kind of moral legitimacy. In other words, it doesn't matter if you are actually fascist or not, only if they can make the label stick.

Are you saying that people who have been fighting for 15 years are doing it for extra street cred? Please clarify.

Anyways a good showing from Redlandia. However I strongly advise you stop your association with your founder. I understand that he created that website and stuff, but he's the one that got embassies with NE and CCD and stuff. Also I'm extremely pleased you've raided FF, they are absolutely disgusting
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:47 am

Not really entirely convinced but hopefully y'all are improving, even if by your description I still wouldn't personally associate. Best of luck!

And yeah, Farkas is horrific. Good job.
Malphe Vytherov

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:55 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Aclion wrote:Honestly? I think think it's because the program has more to do with posturing then actually fighting fascism. There's a lot of people in the antifa movement because it's a way to gain some kind of moral legitimacy. In other words, it doesn't matter if you are actually fascist or not, only if they can make the label stick.

Are you saying that people who have been fighting for 15 years are doing it for extra street cred? Please clarify.

I'm saying that being in antifa is a group of illiberals with questionable OOC history who try to redeem themselves by appearing to fight against another group of illiberals with questionable OOC history.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Novum Vallis
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Vallis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:39 am

Thank you LGBTL for pointing this out. God bless you.

Greater Germany
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Germany » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:55 am

LGBT Londontown wrote: A region literally titled The Reich

Is that bigotry and/or ignorance I smell? Do you even know what Reich is?
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Not a NatSoc (Nazi) nation, am influenced as a July 20 Widerstand state with a constitutional monarchy. Previously used Wirmer's "Resistance" flag but found my current one and like it.

Otira
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Otira » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 am

CDS should removed Redlandia from their list and apologize for their slander and lies.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 am

Yes you are
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

Otira wrote:CDS should removed Redlandia from their list and apologize for their slander and lies.

That is being ridiculous. Redlandia weren't slandered, they were there because they were pretty much a fascist region (also their predessecor too). It is not slander.

Also you got banned from Redlandia. Why is that?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:45 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Yes you are

:clap:

Not sarcastic by the way

Novum Vallis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Vallis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 am

Greater Germany wrote:
LGBT Londontown wrote: A region literally titled The Reich

Is that bigotry and/or ignorance I smell? Do you even know what Reich is?

Some of your embassies:
The Holy Reich of Bunicken
Altmora
United Fascist Workers Association
Farkasfalka
KAISERREICH
The Holy Reich of Greater Germania

You from yesterday:
"The Reich, having received conflicting reports from various sources on Redlandia's political status, including one from Civil Defence Siren suggesting that the region remains a bastion of Nazism and Fascism, has decided to close our quiet embassy."

You don't get to have the moral high ground.

Novum Vallis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Vallis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 am

Give me proof. I'm simply not seeing it.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am

Neither is Farkasfalka but that doesn't stop people from spreading lies, does it? :rofl:

"Don't call me fascist without evidence, but I can call you fascists without evidence!"
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am

The Black Party wrote:Neither is Farkasfalka but that doesn't stop people from spreading lies, does it? :rofl:

"Don't call me fascist without evidence, but I can call you fascists without evidence!"

Are you even serious

LGBT Londontown
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LGBT Londontown » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 am

The Black Party wrote:Neither is Farkasfalka but that doesn't stop people from spreading lies, does it? :rofl:

Kustonia: "No, I wouldn't actually. I would ban you for saying everyone is equal, deserves equal rights, and for advocating marriage equality, not for saying the government shouldn't allow discrimination based on sexual orientation."

Nobody in Redlandia, not even the previous founder, believes this.

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:52 am

Indeed when I see such wise things on their RMB https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=34840744 ,I too am puzzled how anyone can be so ludicrous to call farkasfalka a fascist region.
Last edited by Kurnugia on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 am

LGBT Londontown wrote:

Kustonia: "No, I wouldn't actually. I would ban you for saying everyone is equal, deserves equal rights, and for advocating marriage equality, not for saying the government shouldn't allow discrimination based on sexual orientation."

And it's my fault you don't believe this? Can I also assume it is your fault I don't believe the OP?
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 am

Kurnugia wrote:Indeed when I see such wise things on their RMB https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=34840744 ,I too am puzzled how anyone can be so ludicrous to call farkasfalka a fascist region.

It's almost as if a portion of the population does not represent the entirety of society, but that wouldn't be stereotypical enough, would it?
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 am

A member of your governemnt liked by two other government officials.

Plus fascist tag is totally not fash, amirite

The Reddington States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reddington States » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am

The Black Party wrote:
LGBT Londontown wrote:Kustonia: "No, I wouldn't actually. I would ban you for saying everyone is equal, deserves equal rights, and for advocating marriage equality, not for saying the government shouldn't allow discrimination based on sexual orientation."

And it's my fault you don't believe this? Can I also assume it is your fault I don't believe the OP?

As I told one of the members of your cabinet, I was fully aware that not all members of Farkasfalka held Kustonia's views. However, your region is virtually silent when Kustonia speaks, and it's pretty saddening that we have to criticize him for you.
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
- Ayn Rand

The Reddington States | Redlandia | The Reddington Commonwealth

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:01 am

The Reddington States wrote:
The Black Party wrote:And it's my fault you don't believe this? Can I also assume it is your fault I don't believe the OP?

As I told one of the members of your cabinet, I was fully aware that not all members of Farkasfalka held Kustonia's views. However, your region is virtually silent when Kustonia speaks, and it's pretty saddening that we have to criticize him for you.

Nobody wants to provoke the shitpost storm that brews in there

The Reddington States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reddington States » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am

Provide proof please.
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
- Ayn Rand

The Reddington States | Redlandia | The Reddington Commonwealth

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am

Honeydewistania wrote:A member of your governemnt liked by two other government officials.

Plus fascist tag is totally not fash, amirite

Not an argument. Nukataria does not have an administrative role, nor has carried out any administrative actions.

tis' has been said before but I shall say again, our tags is a mere display of tolerance to said community/ideology.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay