NATION

PASSWORD

Essay: Don't do the "blind loyalty" thing anymore. [WIP]

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 690
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 am

Anyway not sure why my essay is being revived when it's been ages

I should write new ones that are more lighthearted :)
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
A Bloodred Moon
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 111
Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:16 am

I think this is one of those cases of "we should have a clearer IC/OOC divide" that has been popping up a lot lately. Not blindly trusting people OOCly is solid advice, as is "don't take IC comments personally". OOC comments on your region often has a base, but you'll need to see for yourself if the accusation is true. Otherwise, ICly you'll have to decide how you want to play the game. Choose wether you want to be ICly blindly loyal to your region or not, but be skeptical about OOC matters.

Queen Yuno wrote:Because, as it turns out, I was bashing the Previous Administration (which I was entitled to). And of course fast forward a year later- turns out that previous administration sucks, committed a few more offenses and no one likes them anymore. I just happened to have called it early on.

I am sincerely hoping that those "few more offenses and no one likes them anymore. I just happened to have called it early on." is not referring to Fedele's coup of the East Pacific. That was an IC thing.

I'm not sure why this was brought up again, but I might as well offer my thoughts here.
Armaros

User avatar
Salvarity
Senator
 
Posts: 4343
Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:56 am

Queen Yuno wrote:Anyway not sure why my essay is being revived when it's been ages

I should write new ones that are more lighthearted :)


some spam bot offering college essays posted on the thread.

I assume because of "essay" in the title.

Then some people replied before the spambot was deleted and now we're here.


I stand by my earlier comment

Salvarity wrote:Disagree completely.

Loyalty until Death; Strength in Unity.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 690
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

A Bloodred Moon wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:Because, as it turns out, I was bashing the Previous Administration (which I was entitled to). And of course fast forward a year later- turns out that previous administration sucks, committed a few more offenses and no one likes them anymore. I just happened to have called it early on.

I am sincerely hoping that those "few more offenses and no one likes them anymore. I just happened to have called it early on." is not referring to Fedele's coup of the East Pacific. That was an IC thing.

I'm not sure why this was brought up again, but I might as well offer my thoughts here.

I'm not talking about the Coup. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who consider the COUP an *actual reason* to their opinion changing about a Previous Administration(gameplay leadership), instead of the actual misconduct they did that hurt another player. Because, interestingly, there are a few noobs who went from "Anti-Yuno" to "Pro-Yuno" right after the Coup happened. I'm like "??? Wow, such a sudden change in demeanor because the TEP Leadership changed. I'm half hurt but half reluctantly happy with it because that means I get less hate??"

It's what it is. That's why I don't bother with NS Politics anymore. why do you think I'm retired.

A Bloodred Moon wrote:I think this is one of those cases of "we should have a clearer IC/OOC divide" that has been popping up a lot lately. Not blindly trusting people OOCly is solid advice, as is "don't take IC comments personally". OOC comments on your region often has a base, but you'll need to see for yourself if the accusation is true. Otherwise, ICly you'll have to decide how you want to play the game. Choose wether you want to be ICly blindly loyal to your region or not, but be skeptical about OOC matters.



This is what I completely agree with
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
Kaystein
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kaystein » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 pm

I hereby dub this "Yuno's Essay." I hope you don't mind if I'm quoting this often OP. :lol:
Last edited by Kaystein on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Block II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Am I worthy of forgiveness?

User avatar
Sunam
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sunam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:26 am

I enjoyed this essay. Good contribution. It’s too easy to take things too seriously half the time. It’s important to remember that we can simply turn off our computer at any time.

User avatar
The Notorious Mad Jack
Diplomat
 
Posts: 535
Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Block II wrote:Am I worthy of forgiveness?

Of course not.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

User avatar
Block II
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 am

That can’t be accurate.

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 690
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am

Haha, stay on topic guys. We're talking about NS Philosophy/Essays -- particularly about the dangers of blind loyalty. Not whether a specific individual is capable or worthy of forgiveness. This thread is not a judgment panel for that- that can be dealt with somewhere else.
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2574
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:14 pm

The irony, of course, is that I still profess blind loyalty to yuno.

o7

User avatar
Escade
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1019
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:Anyway not sure why my essay is being revived when it's been ages

I should write new ones that are more lighthearted :)


<3

There's a time and place for going through serious issues and what happened to you was wrong. There are people who would try to silence even speaking about it but at least it's out there. Blind loyalty made me sort of follow the herd for a bit until I went through and looked at every piece\angle\evidence\witness myself and the more I searched the more I realized there was some complete and utter nonsense going on.

Best thing to do is stand by your own beliefs and values, keep doing what makes you happy and improves your mindset and completely cut off that which only looks human but is largely waste from your physical\mental spaces.

Although, thinking about it here are some light-hearted stuffs you could write:
"An Introduction to Anime for the non-weebs"
"How 2 Raid Good"
"Pink Things that Are Cute and Slightly Dangerous"
"A very Yuno Holiday Special..."
Last edited by Escade on Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aclion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5809
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Aclion » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:26 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:The irony, of course, is that I still profess blind loyalty to yuno.

o7

yep. Kept my award from the loliarch up all through fels delegacy, and still have it.
XKI:Deputy WA Secretary, former TITO Tactical Officer and Emissary to Forest
TEP: former Deputy Minister for WA affairs
Forest: Cartographer Emeritus
Oatland: Consul ,Caesar and Cartographer Emeritus

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads