NATION

PASSWORD

New Region Gameplay BETA

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Levantx
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

New Region Gameplay BETA

Postby Levantx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:04 am

CHANGE GAMEPLAY TO IMPROVE ROLEPLAY

Critical feedback on the Nationstates Gameplay is mostly ignored due to the 'not done' technical changes it requires on the background. I totally agree that a nobody cannot force a somebody change things to create a more dynamic and changing environment to role play in.

While however many remain with the feeling that roleplay as it is today (Nationstate vs. Natinstate actor), loses some challenge and limits the decision making dynamics you could experience by interacting with many other actors and levels of politics, the fire of being dependent of other and not in control of the outcome you wish to achieve but have to "fight" in achieving.

HOWEVER the Nationstates system could foresee in this gameplay without any changes in the system. The structure are laid down to get busy in real politics, only a mind set is needed!

Where you as user are in control of a Nationstate which is sovereign in its decision outcome, you loses the challenge of experiencing the process to this outcome or result. The main issue is getting back control on the process and let the outcome go.

Where I suggest that NS should not be based on States interacting with each other, but should consists of people interacting with each other. The definition of 'nation' as actor should change to what we know now as 'region' as sovereign decision actor. We user should interact in role play between region as nation not as it is now ruler of a nation.

Region's in NS already are organized as fully-fledged Nationstate . Region can elect or appoint a leader(s). Have foreign relations or interaction with other region's (nation). It is no longer logic that our gameplay is based on our little (user-state) with an unlimited power to determine your own path?

Propose a BETA Gameplay

I seek support within the community to try out a Game play on the bases of Region interaction and user political experience as individual actor within the region as a nation.

What can be achieved?
1) Region acting within a Rolepay map and Gameplay world where the region is rulled by many of you. Where the region is a fully fledged nation.

2) True Military and Political experience which cannot be Godmoded because no one is in control, everyone is interdependent of each other on various levels (domestic, foreign and individual level).

Do you feel that your region should progress and want to try out which gameplay? I would like to hear your idea or comment on this? Or any ideas or feedback on how to get THE BETA launched. Leave bellow

Hopeington
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hopeington » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 am

I'd be down and you should be placed in a map near players whoshould homes are near your home so you interact with players in your community, and you should have to rival players like in EU4 you could have local rivalries and national rivals like you could rival the nation who'said account is a couple blocks from me and The United Communes of Africa then someone else. You could then have your rivals appear in issues instead of Maxtopia. Then you would fight for control of your are (IE Texas or Kansas if you live in the US or Qubec or Ontario if you live in Canada or a place like Poland or the Bennylux area if you live in Europe. Then you would influence the neighboring regions or eventually your continent or maybe even the world. Your region would also have resources Oklahoma and Syria would have Oil, Spain and Iran would have Steel and so on the amount of resources would not be equal. This would simulate how nations ando their futures are bound by Geography. Religion should be able to bind nations to or against eachother perhaps being able to found a religious head(s) depending on the religion.Those are just my ideas.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:17 am

Good idea but but regions are like Ooc and take care of stuff in and out of the their region. But go for it.

Return to Gameplay