NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vlamms Statt
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vlamms Statt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Prydania wrote:
Transnista wrote:I'm defending my family.

Oh give it a rest.
And you know what? If "regions=family" now? Your "family" tried to destroy my "family." Get off your poorly constructed wooden high horse.

I’d like to ask what makes your region a “family”, as I can quite easily tell you that many of the people within the region have helped both me and many others be better people.
For example,I have been able to help and be helped in tough times, and the discord itself is a place where many feel comfortable expressing themselves, now may I ask, can the North Pacific say the same?

To go along with the claims of ourselves being Nazis, and Fascists,I would like to say, although I know it shall be listed as “lies” and “token evidence” ,that I myself have witnessed little times when someone has been discriminated against for any reason, and when someone does than they are dealt with by either Jocospor or one of the other Supreme council members.
I myself ,although I hate to use this as a reasoning, am polish, and have family members that although no longer here,had experienced the horrors of nazism.

But, that is my two cents, and I urge you to debate it.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Vlamms Statt wrote:
Prydania wrote:Oh give it a rest.
And you know what? If "regions=family" now? Your "family" tried to destroy my "family." Get off your poorly constructed wooden high horse.

I’d like to ask what makes your region a “family”, as I can quite easily tell you that many of the people within the region have helped both me and many others be better people.
For example,I have been able to help and be helped in tough times, and the discord itself is a place where many feel comfortable expressing themselves, now may I ask, can the North Pacific say the same?

To go along with the claims of ourselves being Nazis, and Fascists,I would like to say, although I know it shall be listed as “lies” and “token evidence” ,that I myself have witnessed little times when someone has been discriminated against for any reason, and when someone does than they are dealt with by either Jocospor or one of the other Supreme council members.
I myself ,although I hate to use this as a reasoning, am polish, and have family members that although no longer here,had experienced the horrors of nazism.

Being part of both CCD and TNP, I can confirm that TNP is just as much a “family” as CCD is. TNP is larger, but if you put an effort in, they’re very accepting. Honestly, I’d argue that TNP does so better than CCD does.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

CHUCK NORRlS
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby CHUCK NORRlS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:35 pm

It's worth pointing out that certain people from the CCD (e.g. on the RMB) simply don't care that their region is associated with some eyebrow-raising ideologies.
IC name is Chuck Norris Territory (assuming that matters)

Transnista
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Transnista » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 pm

CHUCK NORRlS wrote:It's worth pointing out that certain people from the CCD (e.g. on the RMB) simply don't care that their region is associated with some eyebrow-raising ideologies.

Im afraid that throwing a puppet into our RMB and us replying with "we don't care, go away" does not actually constitute proof that we don't care about what you were speaking about.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 pm

My, my, my. Things have seemed to get real here since this morning. My question is, why do you keep giving them attention? No matter what you say, or what evidence is presented, nothing will change. Quit giving Joco apologists a soapbox to stand on.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Transnista
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Transnista » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Wayneactia wrote:My, my, my. Things have seemed to get real here since this morning. My question is, why do you keep giving them attention? No matter what you say, or what evidence is presented, nothing will change. Quit giving Joco apologists a soapbox to stand on.

Sigh. Yes, and we are the ones who "dehumanize our enemies."

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Transnista wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:My, my, my. Things have seemed to get real here since this morning. My question is, why do you keep giving them attention? No matter what you say, or what evidence is presented, nothing will change. Quit giving Joco apologists a soapbox to stand on.

Look, Reppy gave you some solid advice earlier. I seriously recommend following it.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Transnista wrote:

Yeah :P
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:45 pm

completely ignores moderator redtext

Transnista
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Transnista » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Transnista wrote:

Look, Reppy gave you some solid advice earlier. I seriously recommend following it.

I've calmed down. I apologize for my earlier caustic speech, it was childish. I'm back to the regular scheduled me now.

Francois Isidore
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2019

Postby Francois Isidore » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Vlamms Statt wrote:
Prydania wrote:Oh give it a rest.

Speaking as someone who joined the North Pacific eight months ago, I can attest to what Morover said above. The North Pacific is a region with a very large community, and yet its people are also extremely welcoming to both players new and old. They embrace newcomers as their own, and they help guide them through the early phrases of residency into becoming more involved with everything the region has to offer. With more experienced, returning players, they offer an opportunity for rebirth and what you’d even call a second chance of sorts.

They are kind, welcoming, warm, and care about the safety and happiness of their members. I won’t name names, but I’ve met a handful of great North Pacificans whom I interact with on a daily basis. Some of them know more about my RL than others, and some of them I’ve gotten a lot close to more than others. If you’d like to talk about family, then it’s fair to say that families don’t always get along. That’s normal, that’s natural, it’s healthy even. I’m sure in the Confederation players don’t always get along with one another and the same can be said in the North. We’re all human, and we all bleed. Disagreements arise, and we talk amongst one another to work them out.

But to suggest my home couldn’t say the same is misguided at best. The North Pacific can be very tight-knit for being so large a place and its mainstays are truly exceptional presences.
Last edited by Francois Isidore on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancien délégué du Nord of Francois Isidore
(a.k.a. "The MacMilitant" Robespierre)
-~-
Delegate Emeritus of The North Pacific
General of the North Pacific Army (NPA) | Join us today!
"Take up arms, defend your home!"

Sundred
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundred » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Well this has been quite the entertaining read for the evening. All I have learned is that the CCD is a region filled with a fascist individual surrounded by an equally fascist personality cult that can not take a hint that their ideology is not welcome more tolerated by the wider community. They cannot take responsibility for their actions or that their beliefs are reprehensible. I look forward to seeing the day that such fascist are no longer a part of this game.

Transnista
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Transnista » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Francois Isidore wrote:
Vlamms Statt wrote:

Speaking as someone who joined the North Pacific eight months ago, I can attest to what Morover said above. The North Pacific is a region with a very large community, and yet its people are also extremely welcoming to both players new and old. They embrace newcomers as their own, and they help guide them through the early phrases of residency into becoming more involved with everything the region has to offer. With more experienced, returning players, they offer an opportunity for rebirth and what you’d even call a second chance of sorts.

They are kind, welcoming, warm, and care about the safety and happiness of their members. I won’t name names, but I’ve met a handful of great North Pacificans whom I interact with on a daily basis. Some of them know more about my RL than others, and some of them I’ve gotten a lot close to more than others. If you’d to talk about family, then it’s fair to say that families don’t always get along. That’s normal, that’s natural, it’s healthy even. I’m sure in the Confederation players don’t always get along with one another and the same can be said in the North. We’re all human, and we all bleed. Disagreements arise, and we talk amongst one another to work them out.

But to suggest my home couldn’t say the same is misguided at best. The North Pacific can be very tight-knit for being so large a place and its mainstays are truly exceptional presences.

I'm fully prepared to be laughed out of this forum, and possibly booted from the CCD for saying this. But I actually fully agree with this. And despite our differences, I personally would have no problem with working with the NP, although I know that relationship (and pretty much all others) have been wrecked. I'd like to state, for posterity, that I'd like to get to know you all better, maybe we would even be friends, instead of enemies. To those claiming that I'm just here to spit venom, I assure you that isn't true. I get mad, we all do sometimes, but I try to not insult people, and I deeply apologize for any hurt I may have caused with my loss of temper. I hope that maybe one day some of you will be open to speaking with some of us as friends. I doubt it, and I understand why not. It's just a dream of mine.

And yeah. I get that the NP is a family, just like us. I apologize on the behalf of my family for trying to mess with yours.

Vlamms Statt
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vlamms Statt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Francois Isidore wrote:
Vlamms Statt wrote:

They are kind, welcoming, warm, and care about the safety and happiness of their members. I won’t name names, but I’ve met a handful of great North Pacificans whom I interact with on a daily basis. Some of them know more about my RL than others, and some of them I’ve gotten a lot close to more than others. If you’d like to talk about family, then it’s fair to say that families don’t always get along. That’s normal, that’s natural, it’s healthy even. I’m sure in the Confederation players don’t always get along with one another and the same can be said in the North. We’re all human, and we all bleed. Disagreements arise, and we talk amongst one another to work them out.

Well I apologize if I made it sound like there was no community at all within the North Pacific,it was more of a statement as to how “hey we are human”,as some seem to think we are all just fascists or Nazis, obviously you could never understand how we operate, and I could never understand how you operate,I just wished to throw in my ideas and how we are a family, one that helps each other in the tough times and just treats each other as people asking each other how days went, simple things,but ones that really help people feel connected.

I’d like to ask though, if anyone would like to have any example from the North Pacific,in which they were helped from a tough time in their life, by their community,no pressure or hidden motivation in this,I just wish to understand a community,which I frankly have had little OOC interaction with throughout my nationstates tenure.

Brobespierre
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brobespierre » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Sundred wrote:Well this has been quite the entertaining read for the evening. All I have learned is that the CCD is a region filled with a fascist individual surrounded by an equally fascist personality cult that can not take a hint that their ideology is not welcome more tolerated by the wider community. They cannot take responsibility for their actions or that their beliefs are reprehensible. I look forward to seeing the day that such fascist are no longer a part of this game.

Its the personality cult that is really out there.
This puppet has nothing to do with the TNP player of similar nomenclature.

Vanguard revolutionary of a deep forum conspiracy to overthrow...something.

Pro: Guillotines, terror and virtue, not following through.
Anti: You.

Francois Isidore
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2019

Postby Francois Isidore » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Vlamms Statt wrote:Well I apologize if I made it sound like there was no community at all within the North Pacific,it was more of a statement as to how “hey we are human”,as some seem to think we are all just fascists or Nazis, obviously you could never understand how we operate, and I could never understand how you operate,I just wished to throw in my ideas and how we are a family, one that helps each other in the tough times and just treats each other as people asking each other how days went, simple things,but ones that really help people feel connected.

I’d like to ask though, if anyone would like to have any example from the North Pacific,in which they were helped from a tough time in their life, by their community,no pressure or hidden motivation in this,I just wish to understand a community,which I frankly have had little OOC interaction with throughout my nationstates tenure.

Your apology is accepted. I can understand where you’re coming from, and that’s why in one of my posts earlier today I said it was sad that innocent residential nations who aren’t tolerant of the same disgusting behavior are being lumped in with those who are fascists or fascist sympathizers and labeled the same. Though it is difficult to distinguish who is from who is not, the Confederation’s leaders are doing their native populace no favours in this regard and it’s quite unfortunate that they may very well have trouble with it later down the line because certain figures are more than willing to drag them through the mud amidst controversy.

The Civil Defense Siren, which the Confederation would like nothing more than to see dismantled, warns newcomers of the dangers of these regions. It’s why I said no self-respecting nation would think highly of such an establishment, and I stand by that because in the early days we can all be naive and misinformed. “The Secret of Freedom Lies in Educating People” - if you give people the information then it’s up to them if they make an informed decision about where to reside and what community to nestle into. The Confederation has a problem with taking responsibility, admitting wrongdoing, and owning up to transgressions they oversaw. Sure, while some of their members don’t care what people think, that doesn’t make people’s concerns any less valid.

In response to your question - I have no obligation to answer or to share details of things that are more personal to me. However, since you’ve approached this in a tone that is driven by curiosity and nothing more I feel as if obliging you would be appropriate. For that, seek my telegram inbox, or on Discord if that suits your fancy. For someone who’s willing to try and see examples of things that others say, I have time. You don’t seem too consumed with rampant denial or a need to try to justify the CCD’s underhanded actions, so compared to some you’re already doing better.
Last edited by Francois Isidore on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Ancien délégué du Nord of Francois Isidore
(a.k.a. "The MacMilitant" Robespierre)
-~-
Delegate Emeritus of The North Pacific
General of the North Pacific Army (NPA) | Join us today!
"Take up arms, defend your home!"

Prydania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Prydania » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 pm

Vlamms Statt wrote:I’d like to ask though, if anyone would like to have any example from the North Pacific,in which they were helped from a tough time in their life, by their community,no pressure or hidden motivation in this,I just wish to understand a community,which I frankly have had little OOC interaction with throughout my nationstates tenure.

The CCD sets out to destroy my region and now someone from it want to hear feel-good stories of community? Given that, Joco's inability to admit a mistake and reform, and my own ethnic background? I would not feel comfortable sharing personal stories of that nature with CCD citizenry.
Last edited by Prydania on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X ᚴᚮᚿᚢᚿᚵᛋᚱᛇᚴᛁ ᛔᚱᛣᛑᛆᚿᛋᚴ
Prydanian political parties
ᚠᛂᛒ ᛇᚠ ᚠᛚᚠᛔ ᛆᚠ ᛚᚠ

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 pm

The New California Republic wrote:If Joco really wanted to do some damage control, he would own up to all of the shit that was attempted in this incident, instead of making it much worse by trying to pass the buck.

OOC: I fully intend to and have been in private communication with McM already. I am away on holiday. I will not be making a full statement until February 1st. But what I will say is there won't be any passing of the buck; you've just misinterpreted our Discord concerns.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 pm

OOC: What on earth did I wake up to?

Ahem. In an attempt to reclaim this thread for sensible regional discussion (and not a battleground for arguments around the misguided notion that the CCD is fascist), shall we, the members of the region, actually use our thread for once? :^)
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:55 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: What on earth did I wake up to?

Ahem. In an attempt to reclaim this thread for sensible regional discussion (and not a battleground for arguments around the misguided notion that the CCD is fascist), shall we, the members of the region, actually use our thread for once? :^)

No thread ownership. Suck it up mate, actions have consequences.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: What on earth did I wake up to?

No thread ownership. Suck it up mate, actions have consequences.

OOC: Oh no, I wasn't claiming thread ownership - I said that upon the naive basis that the GP forums could hold back their prejudices and not attack our embassy. Looking back on the thread, any discussion of much importance hasn't occurred for at least 6 pages now.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:43 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:No thread ownership. Suck it up mate, actions have consequences.

OOC: Oh no, I wasn't claiming thread ownership - I said that upon the naive basis that the GP forums could hold back their prejudices and not attack our embassy. Looking back on the thread, any discussion of much importance hasn't occurred for at least 6 pages now.

Do you seriously believe an attempted coup of the largest region in the game by your region is not of any importance to the gameplay embassy i.e. the place where people discuss matters about your region
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:46 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: Oh no, I wasn't claiming thread ownership - I said that upon the naive basis that the GP forums could hold back their prejudices and not attack our embassy. Looking back on the thread, any discussion of much importance hasn't occurred for at least 6 pages now.

Do you seriously believe an attempted coup of the largest region in the game by your region is not of any importance to the gameplay embassy i.e. the place where people discuss matters about your region

OOC: That'd be a reasonable response, if the embassy was being used to discuss the coup attempt. As it stands, it's just another avenue to say "CCD bad", a charade we've been through many times before.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:54 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Do you seriously believe an attempted coup of the largest region in the game by your region is not of any importance to the gameplay embassy i.e. the place where people discuss matters about your region

OOC: That'd be a reasonable response, if the embassy was being used to discuss the coup attempt. As it stands, it's just another avenue to say "CCD bad", a charade we've been through many times before.

Just a heads up. Any legislation you now attempt to pass (and you are a decent writer btw), is going to be blown out of the water by the delegate with the largest endo count in the game i.e. the Delegate of the North Pacific. You may want to to keep that in mind while you continue to defend the CCD. They aren't doing you any favors and are definitely a detriment to any possible legislative career you may have had here.

wait

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:10 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If Joco really wanted to do some damage control, he would own up to all of the shit that was attempted in this incident, instead of making it much worse by trying to pass the buck.

OOC: I fully intend to and have been in private communication with McM already. I am away on holiday. I will not be making a full statement until February 1st. But what I will say is there won't be any passing of the buck; you've just misinterpreted our Discord concerns.

I "misinterpreted" your "discord concerns" of an "invisible script"? You have taken the time to lash out by blaming everyone else, so surely you have the time to apologize? Really not buying the "I am away on holiday" thing as an excuse for delaying an apology until Feb 1st in light of that.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay