NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:54 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:
Under the Shadow Cult, Jocospor seeks only to perpetuate a dialogue of respect and cooperation between the Confederation and NationStates.

Ha. What an absolute joke. If anything the exact opposite has been the case.

:unsure: The Shadow Cult has only been around from the beginning-ish of this year - I think you're basing your critique of the Imperial Empire (long dead, don't panic!).

Don't try to pull that nonsense. Same thing different name. It will take many years, not just a change of label, before anyone takes it seriously.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 am

Jocospor wrote: :unsure: The Shadow Cult has only been around from the beginning-ish of this year - I think you're basing your critique of the Imperial Empire (long dead, don't panic!).

Don't try to pull that nonsense. Same thing different name. It will take many years, not just a change of label, before anyone takes it seriously.

That may very well be the case, but those who have scrutinised our actions for the greater part of this year will see that we are committed to change and positively interacting with NationStates. Like Blood Wine, you are a dedicated critic of myself and CCD who is also arguably biased. I hope you can appreciate the genuine intent to my apology.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:12 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Don't try to pull that nonsense. Same thing different name. It will take many years, not just a change of label, before anyone takes it seriously.

That may very well be the case, but those who have scrutinised our actions for the greater part of this year will see that we are committed to change and positively interacting with NationStates. Like Blood Wine, you are a dedicated critic of myself and CCD who is also arguably biased. I hope you can appreciate the genuine intent to my apology.

A great many folk are critical for very good reasons, reasons that only stem from actions that you and the CCD have carried out; so that certainly is not "bias", it is entirely justified scepticism. So it is thus made difficult as a result of those actions to believe that it is genuine.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:14 am

Tag CCD as anti-fascist
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:26 am

Jocospor wrote:
Dr ac wrote:Few pointers:

1) the dispatch, much like all other media coming from CCD makes it clear you, and your region fails to make any distinction between OOC and RP resulting in a mess of conflicting messages which can generously be described as a hot mess

2) the repeal will not pass this year, this much is certain, trust is easily lost, harder to build it up

3) the repeal is also best described as self aggrandizing and for some reason includes yourself and one of your puppets, and clearly is in dire need of a draft thread next year

I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns, but please don't forget there's been months of work leading up to and crafting my statement.

1) I took great care writing an OOC message into an IC context. If you engage with the text, the distinction can quite easily be made. The text also links the (very clearly) OOC dispatches of Shrewllamaland that were written months ago. Furthermore, my hope is that by presenting an apology in this way, NationStates will realise that RP has and always will be the focus of CCD. There are metaphoric and personal connotations to what I've written, and I hope I can be allowed to hold onto them. I have also made no IC attempt to disseminate the text to this forum.

2) No one is suggesting that it will even be submitted to the World Assembly this year. It will be submitted to the forums in exactly three months time.

3) I suppose you could interpret it like that. It's very difficult to clearly assign transgressions to an entity if you're not willing to name the entity; rather, I need to say that (a) I/me/Jocospor was wrong. As I lead CCD - and in many ways am CCD - the most genuine apology that can be offered should come from me. On the point of the puppet (that being Confederation State Broadcasting), it's a shared account, and multiple people have put money into it, including some people who the repeal does not specifically list. That's very difficult to clarify in an IC resolution, as I'm sure you can imagine.

4) Given that you've just criticised me in 1) for being unclear, and now in 3) I am too clear, I am not exactly sure what you'd have me do. 5) Your individual opinion, as someone who has been a longstanding and arguably-biased critic of myself and my region, holds less weight than it otherwise might.

1) at some point, such as this case, IC/RP is no longer appropriate when dealing with the wider (and generally speaking completely OOC) NSGP community and should be actively avoided to present a clear picture

2) should probably put that in your dispatch unless I''ve missed it

3) I'll happily expand on this point when the thread is posted, as for the puppet it's probably better to take the puppet out completely and cutting it down to size, it's long and unwieldly

4) I didn't? 1 is for being unclear, and 3 is for aggrandizing

5) How am I being biased though? is all criticism biased?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 am

Dr ac wrote:
Jocospor wrote:Your individual opinion, as someone who has been a longstanding and arguably-biased critic of myself and my region, holds less weight than it otherwise might.

How am I being biased though? is all criticism biased?

Don't worry, he has also tried to use the "YOU'RE JUST BIASED!!!!1111" card against me as a shameless tactic to deflect criticism. :roll:

Wave on, wave on

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:43 am

I'd probably wait at least a year from cutting ties with fascist elements before seeking removal from CDS. It may feel ridiculously long, but it's a counter to CCD's previous history of stalwart alliance with these regions. Might also be best to seek the CDS controllers discreetly (if they'll answer, which I realize is not a guarantee) before turning it into a public campaign, just because I feel the latter will put people on the defensive and be less receptive- again due to CCD's past history of these sorts of campaigns.

The liberation? I think it will be quite difficult to sway public opinion towards removing it. I'd say the CDS listing is the easier (relatively speaking) of the two battles to win first.

CCD's ties to fascism was first and foremost my greatest criticism against CCD, so I'm glad to see CCD continue to reject that ideology and its constituents. I do hope that CCD maintains unwavering in this new stance indefinitely- not for my own personal satisfaction, but for the well-being of CCD's community.

Team Lennox
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Team Lennox » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Don't try to pull that nonsense. Same thing different name. It will take many years, not just a change of label, before anyone takes it seriously.

Though I am glad to see you change good job. Jocospor keep up the good work :clap: Though it will take like a year or two for anyone to take you seriously
Last edited by Team Lennox on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE/HIM. Use those pronouns! Do NOT assume my gender!

• An American born citizen
  • A teenager doing teenage stuff (I guess)
  • A leftist (remind me to make a dispatch on my beliefs later)
  • A Christian with usually fundamentalists views (except for on the Patriarchist, (Bible wasn't a big thing on Gender equity) and LGBTQ+ rights, (Bible wasn't a big thing on that either) (Also the Mosaic law doesn't let us eat things like bacon and ham since in the Bible pigs are unclean animals. Like how am I to survive not eating bacon! >:( )

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:28 am

Team Lennox wrote:
Jocospor wrote:That may very well be the case, but those who have scrutinised our actions for the greater part of this year will see that we are committed to change and positively interacting with NationStates. Like Blood Wine, you are a dedicated critic of myself and CCD who is also arguably biased. I hope you can appreciate the genuine intent to my apology.

Though I am glad to see you change good job. Jocospor keep up the good work :clap: Though it will take like a year or two for anyone to take you seriously

Okay this I just can't quite stomach. People do take me seriously, if only for being a regional founder of a large UCR. I get regular telegrams relating to region building and leadership, and also the occasional fan-mail, haha.

I do thank you for your congratulations, but just as I am now trying to phrase everything a little bit nicer, it would be a reassurance to me if others made an attempt at reciprocity. You might not like me, and that's fine, as I've always said, but please don't resort to arguably-inarticulate slander.

The Gilded Star wrote:I'd probably wait at least a year from cutting ties with fascist elements before seeking removal from CDS. It may feel ridiculously long, but it's a counter to CCD's previous history of stalwart alliance with these regions. Might also be best to seek the CDS controllers discreetly (if they'll answer, which I realize is not a guarantee) before turning it into a public campaign, just because I feel the latter will put people on the defensive and be less receptive- again due to CCD's past history of these sorts of campaigns.

The liberation? I think it will be quite difficult to sway public opinion towards removing it. I'd say the CDS listing is the easier (relatively speaking) of the two battles to win first.

CCD's ties to fascism was first and foremost my greatest criticism against CCD, so I'm glad to see CCD continue to reject that ideology and its constituents. I do hope that CCD maintains unwavering in this new stance indefinitely- not for my own personal satisfaction, but for the well-being of CCD's community.

This, on the other hand, I'm quite happy to engage with. I think everything you've written is perfectly reasonable, and if removal from CDS/repeal of SCR#263 takes an extended period of time, that's fine. The most important thing to me, really, is making people understand that CCD really is sorry, and spreading the apology across the game to those that need/want to see it.

Dr ac wrote:1) at some point, such as this case, IC/RP is no longer appropriate when dealing with the wider (and generally speaking completely OOC) NSGP community and should be actively avoided to present a clear picture

2) should probably put that in your dispatch unless I''ve missed it

3) I'll happily expand on this point when the thread is posted, as for the puppet it's probably better to take the puppet out completely and cutting it down to size, it's long and unwieldly

4) I didn't? 1 is for being unclear, and 3 is for aggrandizing

5) How am I being biased though? is all criticism biased?

1) Within the context of an RP game, and if all actions have been conducted in an RP manner from the beginning, then yes, it's entirely appropriate. I'd agree with you if NationStates was social media. It's not - unless you choose to use it in that way, but I have never recommended that, and for good reason.

2) You missed it. Don't draw assumptions where there are none to be made.

3) Okay, appreciated in due course.

4) You seem not to understand; review the point if you wish.

5) No, not all criticism is biased. Your Discord profile was literally deleted following your participation in a raid on CCD's Discord, however, so you do have some skin in the game here.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:33 am

Jocospor wrote:I do thank you for your congratulations, but just as I am now trying to phrase everything a little bit nicer, it would be a reassurance to me if others made an attempt at reciprocity. You might not like me, and that's fine, as I've always said, but please don't resort to arguably-inarticulate slander.

The phrasing you are using though is coming across as very contrived and insincere, it's stilted to comedic levels.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:20 am

Jocospor wrote:I do thank you for your congratulations, but just as I am now trying to phrase everything a little bit nicer, it would be a reassurance to me if others made an attempt at reciprocity. You might not like me, and that's fine, as I've always said, but please don't resort to arguably-inarticulate slander.

The phrasing you are using though is coming across as very contrived and insincere, it's stilted to comedic levels.

If that's your interpretation, no worries. I'd encourage you to read objectively.

NB ^ This one is insincere. Blame your continued provocations for that.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The phrasing you are using though is coming across as very contrived and insincere, it's stilted to comedic levels.

If that's your interpretation, no worries. I'd encourage you to read objectively.

NB ^ This one is insincere. Blame your continued provocations for that.

Don't kid yourself, it's all contrived and insincere. :roll:

Wave on, wave on

Dr ac
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:43 am

Jocospor wrote:
1) Within the context of an RP game, and if all actions have been conducted in an RP manner from the beginning, then yes, it's entirely appropriate. I'd agree with you if NationStates was social media. It's not - unless you choose to use it in that way, but I have never recommended that, and for good reason.

5) No, not all criticism is biased. Your Discord profile was literally deleted following your participation in a raid on CCD's Discord, however, so you do have some skin in the game here.

1) NS isn't a RP game

5) That's just plainly wrong and you know it, and chuck literally admitted as much

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 am

Dr ac wrote:
Jocospor wrote:

1) NS isn't a RP game

5) That's just plainly wrong and you know it, and chuck literally admitted as much

I have no love for Drac but they do have a point Joc. They came in waving that old uwu-ized dispatch around with a few @everyone pings but they did also post a clear way (gif) of showing how to disable those annoying pings and are verified as having not been affiliated with the other folks doing wholly unsavory things.

Quit trying to skirt your dodgy past and actually take responsibility, it'll get you further in life.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:43 am

Dr ac wrote:1) NS isn't a RP game

Lol no.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Doubt
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 pm

The Chuck wrote:Quit trying to skirt your dodgy past and actually take responsibility, it'll get you further in life.
'

That is what I'm aiming to do with this apology.

NB *our

Yeah, and invisible scripts are invisible.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:Tag CCD as anti-fascist

The regional powers that be have agreed to this, along with anti-communist and anti-World Assembly. We have also agreed to add an OOC disclaimer to the WFE.

Is our apology genuine enough yet?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 am

Jocospor wrote:

The regional powers that be have agreed to this, along with anti-communist and anti-World Assembly. We have also agreed to add an OOC disclaimer to the WFE.

And it is snidely cynical moves like this that makes folk doubt your sincerity.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:58 am

Jocospor wrote:The regional powers that be have agreed to this, along with anti-communist and anti-World Assembly. We have also agreed to add an OOC disclaimer to the WFE.

And it is snidely cynical moves like this that makes folk doubt your sincerity.

"Hi, my name is New California Republic, and I prowl the forums with my particular set of skills. Tea or coffee?"
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:And it is snidely cynical moves like this that makes folk doubt your sincerity.

"Hi, my name is New California Republic, and I prowl the forums with my particular set of skills. Tea or coffee?"

Strange comment, considering that my interactions with you are minimal in comparison to my broader involvement on the forums.

And note you don't deny that it's a cynical move on your part.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:38 am

You do turn up in this thread solely to throw one liners at Jocospor that have no real substance to them. Is it any surprise he's tired of responding to you? At least Dr ac manages to have some actual pointers mixed in amongst his "CCD bad" posts. Your recent(?) participation in this thread has contributed nothing. I think we've reached the point where with you having said it'll be years before anyone will trust CCD, we don't need further reminders from you that you think that way until those "many years" are up.

Unless you actually have something meaningful to contribute.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 am

Sedgistan wrote:You do turn up in this thread solely to throw one liners at Jocospor that have no real substance to them. Is it any surprise he's tired of responding to you? At least Dr ac manages to have some actual pointers mixed in amongst his "CCD bad" posts. Your recent(?) participation in this thread has contributed nothing. I think we've reached the point where with you having said it'll be years before anyone will trust CCD, we don't need further reminders from you that you think that way until those "many years" are up.

Unless you actually have something meaningful to contribute.

I beg to differ Sedge. Pointing out inconsistencies, and the insincerity of the change of attitude on the basis of how stilted the phrasing of it is is meaningful, as it reflects on how substantial or not the related apology is.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wave on, wave on

Dr ac
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:19 pm

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:

Lol no.

Lol yes.

NS is a nation simulator, NSGP and RP are player driven inventions

Jocospor wrote:

One step forward, two steps back

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Dr ac wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Lol no.

Lol yes.

NS is a nation simulator, NSGP and RP are player driven inventions

Jocospor wrote:The regional powers that be have agreed to this, along with anti-communist and anti-World Assembly. We have also agreed to add an OOC disclaimer to the WFE.

One step forward, two steps back

How exactly is “anti-communist” a step backwards?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay