NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 am

Castelia wrote:I'm sorry. Was I ever ordered to exterminate people? Was I ever ordered to do anything that was against international law?

Answer? No.

Not that I'm going to argue that RP and RL events are comparable, but I do want to point out that Nazis weren't genociding and blitzkreiging from day 0 either.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:33 am

Fun fact: saying you're not a nazi does not magically make you not a nazi, same goes for fascism,ect
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Fun fact: saying you're not a nazi does not magically make you not a nazi, same goes for fascism,ect

I'm afraid the same goes for the inverse, sir.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Castelia wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Fun fact: saying you're not a nazi does not magically make you not a nazi, same goes for fascism,ect

I'm afraid the same goes for the inverse, sir.

We're all just going by what the CCD called itself in its self-Commendation proposal :)
Y'all bragged about being fascists to the Security Council. You outed yourselves. That's why your region has that nice little "We're waiting for your founder to CTE" symbol.
Turning around and whining that we're the ones that labelled you fascist, when y'all did it to yourselves, is some serious revisionist history.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Y'all know that one South Park episode where BP "apologizes" for the Gulf Oil Spill? That's basically how I imagine all these apologies on GP when it comes to topics like these. All talk, no walk, and a real fucking apparent lack of any genuine regret or remorse.

Let's not pretend changing regional tags is anything beyond cosmetic.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:40 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Y'all know that one South Park episode where BP "apologizes" for the Gulf Oil Spill? That's basically how I imagine all these apologies on GP when it comes to topics like these. All talk, no walk, and a real fucking apparent lack of any genuine regret or remorse.

Let's not pretend changing regional tags is anything beyond cosmetic.

Yup. They are unwilling to actually implement real changes that would signal a genuine break with the past, like the closing of embassies with Nazi and fascist regions for example.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Reddington States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Dictatorial? Totalitarian?

Postby The Reddington States » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Jocospor wrote:To the inter-regional community,

Today, the Confederation's Supreme Council has removed all the political tags from the region's homepage.

The following was issued recently on the Confederation's RMB:

To the Confederation,

A short while ago, the Supreme Council elected to remove all of the Confederation's political tags, including: Capitalist, Conservative, Fascist, Imperialist, Monarchist and Totalitarian.

Tags, though convenient for some, are restrictive categorisations of what a region actually is. Ideally, a simple "Dictatorial" tag would suit this particular region perfectly. Since no umbrella tag like that exists, we had, in an effort to demonstrate our inclusiveness, displayed a wide variety of tags we thought were relevant. As a result of these, the Confederation has been severely misinterpreted by regional and inter-regional critics alike. In the hope that such misinterpretation will cease, the Supreme Council has acted.

Furthermore, the Confederation's World Factbook Entry has been updated, to reflect this action.

The Confederation should not defined by mere isolated words, no more than any other region. She is represented for what she is through her government structure, Imperial Law, the Civil Congress and her extensive community.

The Confederation will continue to display all relevant non-political tags, including: Featured, Gargantuan, Liberated, Offsite Chat, Regional Government, Role Player, Security Council, Serious, and World Assembly.

It is the Supreme Council's hope that today's action shall improve relations across several theatres. Councillors will be sporadically available to answer questions should any arise, both on this RMB or the Confederation's Discord.

We look forward to the Confederation's continued success in the World of NationStates, and hope all shall join us for the journey.

Hail the Confederation!

Office of the Viceroy

RMB post: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=34614893
The Confederation Bullet: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1175535

We hope the inter-regional community will celebrate this decision, and we look forward to stronger diplomatic ties with all the regions of the world.

Hail the Confederation!

Imperial Communications
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

Uhh... you want a "dictatorial" tag but you removed the "totalitarian" tag?

Uhh...
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
- Ayn Rand

The Reddington States | Redlandia | The Reddington Commonwealth

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 am

I have a cunning plan. It will defeat fascism across all the world.

We will wait until a suspected fascist makes a post about performing an inane task, such as removing some tags from their region. We will then make over fifty posts over five days, keeping their region thread as the top topic on the Gameplay forum. The prolonged free publicity will destroy them.

It's flawless.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 am

Well, its not good publicity. Everyone not in CCD is attacking them (-Nagatar, but he put up a shite argument) But I think the best way to get rid of CCD is to ignore them and their spam. Let them be, they are just edgy 13 year olds hungry for attention on the internet.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:20 am

All Wild Things wrote:I have a cunning plan. It will defeat fascism across all the world.

We will wait until a suspected fascist makes a post about performing an inane task, such as removing some tags from their region. We will then make over fifty posts over five days, keeping their region thread as the top topic on the Gameplay forum. The prolonged free publicity will destroy them.

It's flawless.

No, no, I have the truly flawless idea! We should simply ignore the fascists, and pray that they magically disappear!

Oh. 1930's Britain is calling. Apparently they thought of that first. Didn't work for them...
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Postby All Wild Things » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:55 am

RiderSyl wrote:
All Wild Things wrote:I have a cunning plan. It will defeat fascism across all the world.

It's flawless.

No, no, I have the truly flawless idea! We should simply ignore the fascists, and pray that they magically disappear!

Oh. 1930's Britain is calling. Apparently they thought of that first. Didn't work for them...

... because the situations are entirely comparable. If only Chamberlain had had the insight to use the successful tactics of Gameplay.

Chamberlain: You're a fascist.
Hitler: Am not
Chamberlain: Are so.
Chamberlain: Are so. You even said it here. (Links a dated RMB post)
Hitler: Ah, but I was only roleplaying being a fascist.
Chamberlain: Liar. You might pretend it was an in-character post, but we know that you're really a fascist.

(Hitler then tries to invade Sudetenland, but discovers that the WA Delegacy is non-exexutive, and the region has an active founder. Meanwhile, all the Jews, gypsies, communists and gay people leave the region and set up their own ones.)

The war and the Holocaust could have been avoided. Damn!
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Last edited by Blood Wine on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Postby All Wild Things » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Jesus christ man, how can you spill that kind of anti semetic crap on here?

I'm confused. Is your post directed at me?
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Jesus christ man, how can you spill that kind of anti semetic crap on here?

I'm not sure they were saying anything anti-semitic? He was saying the circumstances in IRL and NS are different so you can't use Chamberlain/the Nazis as a talking point like that.
Malphe Vytherov

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:49 am

All Wild Things wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

... because the situations are entirely comparable. If only Chamberlain had had the insight to use the successful tactics of Gameplay.

Chamberlain: Liar. You might pretend it was an in-character post, but we know that you're really a fascist.

(Hitler then tries to invade Sudetenland, but discovers that the WA Delegacy is non-exexutive, and the region has an active founder. Meanwhile, all the Jews, gypsies, communists and gay people leave the region and set up their own ones.)

OOC: Hahaha, ahh that made my day! :hug:
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:04 am

Jocospor wrote:
All Wild Things wrote:... because the situations are entirely comparable. If only Chamberlain had had the insight to use the successful tactics of Gameplay.

The one thing that would make everyone's day is the one thing that you refuse to do. ;)
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:07 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Jocospor wrote:

The one thing that would make everyone's day is the one thing that you refuse to do. ;)

OOC: You know I can't. Even if I wanted to..I... I'm sorry, will you forgive me?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:10 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The one thing that would make everyone's day is the one thing that you refuse to do. ;)

OOC: You know I can't. Even if I wanted to..I... I'm sorry, will you forgive me?

It's pathetically easy to close embassies with Nazi regions.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:24 am

Jocospor wrote:OOC: You know I can't. Even if I wanted to..I... I'm sorry, will you forgive me?

It's pathetically easy to close embassies with Nazi regions.

OOC: I'll have to take that as a no. And I thought our relationship was actually getting somewhere :(
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:05 am

All Wild Things wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

You: "I have a cunning plan. It will defeat fascism across all the world."
Also you: "How can you compare the world to Gameplay?"

lol AWT
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:26 am

Jocospor wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's pathetically easy to close embassies with Nazi regions.

OOC: I'll have to take that as a no. And I thought our relationship was actually getting somewhere :(

No. You are clearly unwilling to give an inch on the matter, meaning that you aren't really serious about trying to repair the bad image. Removing region tags alone is a piss-poor means by which to repair it, when you refuse to take an action that actually would make a difference.

Wave on, wave on

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 am

This is one of the most pathetic half-attempts for a fash-y region to save face that I've seen since... well, actually, Kaiserreich.

You know what you can do, you know there's a ton of things you can do, but removing tags was never going to be enough to reverse opinion of you, and I know you know that. I know that CCD is not dumb enough to think that this would solve it, so therefore I know that this is a half-platitude so that you can continue to paint those who find your region to be particularly distasteful as unreasonable. It's a purely internal move, and every person involved in this thread should know that. If you don't, well... I'm sorry.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Jocospor wrote:OOC: I'll have to take that as a no. And I thought our relationship was actually getting somewhere :(

No. You are clearly unwilling to give an inch on the matter, meaning that you aren't really serious about trying to repair the bad image. Removing region tags alone is a piss-poor means by which to repair it, when you refuse to take an action that actually would make a difference.

Unfortunately, this is just the Republic's opinion. Many (rather influential) nations have commended us for the actions we've taken, and we are already working more closely with regions that were once strongly opposed to us.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Jocospor wrote:Many (rather influential) nations have commended us for the actions we've taken, and we are already working more closely with regions that were once strongly opposed to us.

And those regions are?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Jocospor wrote:Many (rather influential) nations have commended us for the actions we've taken, and we are already working more closely with regions that were once strongly opposed to us.

And those regions are?

Rather influential, apparently. Which presumably translates to negligible at best, since we all know if they were in the slightest actually relevant Joco would be saying a lot more than "rather influential".
Malphe Vytherov

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay