NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Aurum Raider wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:We've never inflated our numbers with puppets, and our ratio of WA nations to total nations is actually very high. If you run the numbers it's actually significantly higher than most other large UCRS, including 10000 Islands and Europeia.

If you're going to imply we're apparently inflating our numbers at least make your claim reasonable.

There's a kernel of truth here, actually. At least within the past week CCD's numbers haven't inflated all to much.

Being the person who did actually run the numbers, though, I am going to take exception with your usage of the term 'significantly higher.'
~%35.4 of Europeia's nations are WA nations.
~%34.7 of XKI's nations are WA nations
~%36.4 of CCD's nations are WA nations

1% isn't very significant, and becomes even less less so when you take into consideration the fact that XKI is almost 8x your size, and Europeia is almost 5x your size.
If anything, because of CCD's smaller overall population, a difference in WA population should be more pronounced, but it's not.

Also, I'd think current numbers aren't as accurate, as Europeia and XKI experienced some of the largest increases in population from Deruuu, whereas CCD didn't increase as much. I'm sure plenty of these new nations aren't WA members.
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:58 pm

Bowzin wrote:Also, I'd think current numbers aren't as accurate, as Europeia and XKI experienced some of the largest increases in population from Deruuu, whereas CCD didn't increase as much. I'm sure plenty of these new nations aren't WA members.

The actual WA growth has scaled somewhat proportionally with the population growth, so it's actually closer than you might think
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Bowzin wrote:Also, I'd think current numbers aren't as accurate, as Europeia and XKI experienced some of the largest increases in population from Deruuu, whereas CCD didn't increase as much. I'm sure plenty of these new nations aren't WA members.

I loosely monitor WA endorsement counts, the ratio of endorsements to total nations for neither of those regions has changed much. This should scale pretty closely with total WA numbers.

Aurum Raider wrote:1% isn't very significant, and becomes even less less so when you take into consideration the fact that XKI is almost 8x your size, and Europeia is almost 5x your size.
If anything, because of CCD's smaller overall population, a difference in WA population should be more pronounced, but it's not.

I'm under the impression that size doesn't necessarily scale with percentage of WA nations, most similarly sized regions to the CCD seem to have about the same WA percentage as the very largest regions. Some bigger, some smaller, overall about the same.

I'm also not really sure what sort of maths you're doing to get those numbers because CCD has 544 nations, Europeia has 1619 (2.97x), and XKI 2628 (4.83x).
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:14 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'm also not really sure what sort of maths you're doing to get those numbers because CCD has 544 nations, Europeia has 1619 (2.97x), and XKI 2628 (4.83x).

Ah, wrong numbers. That doesn't really change my point of the WA proportions being no different, though.
Last edited by Aurum Raider on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

New Spiedska
Attaché

Founded: Mar 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:16 pm

It's just enraging to see a perfectly good person that deserves a commendation get so much shit flinged at them because some people are simply jealous that person is actually liked by the wider NS community. On the other hand, it's also sad to see because the people who did the shit-flinging are doing it as a method to cope with the fact that they are hated by everyone. But I am also frankly angry to see a friend of mine have their mental health negatively affected as a result of getting witch hunted by a horde of people who have nothing better to do with their lives.
★ Storyline and Characters ★
President Amanda K. Miller
My AO3 profile
| <コ:彡 The Federal Republic of New Spiedska <コ:彡 |
Many years ago, atom bombs flew across the Earth like metallic, deadly birds that would bring plague and destruction all over the globe. A nation that has historically stood in the face of adversity, New Spiedska finds herself re-born; However, to her dismay, her longlife sister-in-arms, the United States of America, suffered a much worse fate under the tides of anarchy and balkanization. Despite the loss of her ally, she will not falter; for she will ensure Liberty for All.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm

New Spiedska wrote:It's just enraging to see a perfectly good person that deserves a commendation get so much shit flinged at them because some people are simply jealous that person is actually liked by the wider NS community. On the other hand, it's also sad to see because the people who did the shit-flinging are doing it as a method to cope with the fact that they are hated by everyone. But I am also frankly angry to see a friend of mine have their mental health negatively affected as a result of getting witch hunted by a horde of people who have nothing better to do with their lives.

:( But I do find it very hard to empathise, sorry. If you can't take the game, don't play the game. Absolutely no one would apply your concerns to myself, Shrew or others who sit on our side of the fence.

NationStates takes a tough skin if you do choose to engage with more than just the issues.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 pm

New Spiedska wrote:But I am also frankly angry to see a friend of mine have their mental health negatively affected as a result of getting witch hunted by a horde of people who have nothing better to do with their lives.

Jocospor wrote:I do find it very hard to empathise, sorry. If you can't take the game, don't play the game.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Jocospor wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:It's just enraging to see a perfectly good person that deserves a commendation get so much shit flinged at them because some people are simply jealous that person is actually liked by the wider NS community. On the other hand, it's also sad to see because the people who did the shit-flinging are doing it as a method to cope with the fact that they are hated by everyone. But I am also frankly angry to see a friend of mine have their mental health negatively affected as a result of getting witch hunted by a horde of people who have nothing better to do with their lives.

:( But I do find it very hard to empathise, sorry. If you can't take the game, don't play the game. Absolutely no one would apply your concerns to myself, Shrew or others who sit on our side of the fence.

NationStates takes a tough skin if you do choose to engage with more than just the issues.

Yeah, I'm affiliated with some of the people here and I didn't want to get involved, but I just have to say something. Is this all you do with your spare time? Like I get having NS as a hobby, but you and your gang are just an enigma. You treat this game, as you just called it, like there were actual stakes. You are willing to harm people's mental health, participate in some shady dealing with hackers (allegedly), and so much more it makes me wonder what your life outside of this is like. I'm not even trying to flame. I am genuinely curious how you can spend so much time and energy while watching people get negatively affected by your actions in a game. I just had to get that off my chest and I really hope you're getting what you want out of all of this, I really do because whatever let's you put so much time into this game must be something else entirely.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Atkemri wrote:Yeah, I'm affiliated with some of the people here and I didn't want to get involved, but I just have to say something. Is this all you do with your spare time? Like I get having NS as a hobby, but you and your gang are just an enigma. You treat this game, as you just called it, like there were actual stakes. You are willing to harm people's mental health, participate in some shady dealing with hackers (allegedly), and so much more it makes me wonder what your life outside of this is like. I'm not even trying to flame. I am genuinely curious how you can spend so much time and energy while watching people get negatively affected by your actions in a game. I just had to get that off my chest and I really hope you're getting what you want out of all of this, I really do because whatever let's you put so much time into this game must be something else entirely.

Bi-daily I spend less then an hour doing CCD or Farkasfalka related "work" on this site. If I do spend more time, it's doing other things like answering issues, fleshing out my nation, core NationStates gameplay, etc. On the rare occasion, most recently the 'Drewsplosian', I will spend an upwards of two hours in a partitioned sitting "working" on the site on things like the recent Gameplay Thread Farkasfalka puts up.

SLL and Jocospor are regional leaders. They probably spend more time on this site then I do. SLL certainly spends good time responding to people of your likes on this thread alone. But I find it hard to believe that they are giving up their own personal health, social lives, education, etc. just to humour the likes of you. Suggesting so is little more then flame.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

New Spiedska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Jocospor wrote:

Oh, I’m aware it does. Does it give you an excuse to be someone who’s (rightfully so) hated by most of the NS community? I’ll leave that up to your opinion. In my opinion, you’re just trying to cope with the fact that you got voted out by the invented “WA Elite” (Your buzzword for people who voted you out of the election). But yes, keep crying wolf. Keep up with that self pleasuring mind of yours. It’s a sight to see and I love it when you get torn apart by virtually everyone else in this site but your isolated circle of buddies. Makes me laugh. ;)
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:But I am also frankly angry to see a friend of mine have their mental health negatively affected as a result of getting witch hunted by a horde of people who have nothing better to do with their lives.

Jocospor wrote:I do find it very hard to empathise, sorry. If you can't take the game, don't play the game.

He doesn’t love you, dude.
My AO3 profile
Many years ago, atom bombs flew across the Earth like metallic, deadly birds that would bring plague and destruction all over the globe. A nation that has historically stood in the face of adversity, New Spiedska finds herself re-born; However, to her dismay, her longlife sister-in-arms, the United States of America, suffered a much worse fate under the tides of anarchy and balkanization. Despite the loss of her ally, she will not falter; for she will ensure Liberty for All.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 pm

New Spiedska wrote:He doesn’t love you, dude.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

New Spiedska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:He doesn’t love you, dude.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He doesn’t even consider you a friend though. You’re simping for nothing. Did I hit a nerve?
My AO3 profile

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:32 pm

New Spiedska wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He doesn’t even consider you a friend though. You’re simping for nothing. Did I hit a nerve?

There's a certain standard of professionalism one has to have to collaborate with people which one does not consider "friends". Maybe this standard is just unrecognizable for you. :roll:
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

New Spiedska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:He doesn’t even consider you a friend though. You’re simping for nothing. Did I hit a nerve?

There's a certain standard of professionalism one has to have to collaborate with people which one does not consider "friends". Maybe this standard is just unrecognizable for you. :roll:

Keep sucking up to people who at best consider you an useful tool. It’s hilarious lol
My AO3 profile

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 pm

New Spiedska wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:There's a certain standard of professionalism one has to have to collaborate with people which one does not consider "friends". Maybe this standard is just unrecognizable for you. :roll:

Keep sucking up to people who at best consider you an useful tool. It’s hilarious lol

I've had my fair share of bootlicker telegrams. Feel free to add to the pile there, but let's keep the CCD thread CCD-related.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

New Spiedska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:Keep sucking up to people who at best consider you an useful tool. It’s hilarious lol

I've had my fair share of bootlicker telegrams. Feel free to add to the pile there, but let's keep the CCD thread CCD-related.

And I’m keeping this CCD-related. You know very well who are the people you’re trying to defend.
My AO3 profile

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Just curious I notice you guys are getting a lot attention lately and I want to ask: What inspired you guys to make the CCD? Did you just want a small RP Community or is there another reason?
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:50 pm

New Spiedska wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I've had my fair share of bootlicker telegrams. Feel free to add to the pile there, but let's keep the CCD thread CCD-related.

And I’m keeping this CCD-related. You know very well who are the people you’re trying to defend.

Yes, but calling me a bootlicker isn't related to the people I'm defending.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:10 am

Aeritai wrote:Just curious I notice you guys are getting a lot attention lately and I want to ask: What inspired you guys to make the CCD? Did you just want a small RP Community or is there another reason?

Finally, a relevant post! Thank you Aeritai, I would be happy to answer from a founder's perspective.

I founded CCD in late 2015 as a simple region for dictatorships. I did this because I spent some time in Psychotic Dictatorships (only a few days), but wasn't satisfied there.

Until about 2017, that's all we were, a simple region for dictatorships. And we had some damn good RP too, and a few inter-regional wars (both of which, for the record, we won :p).

We fell into the limelight rather by accident - at least that's how it seems to me - by way of three synchronised happenings. The first was I decided to try my hand at authoring World Assembly legislation and put forward a repeal for the Ban on Secret Treaties. Dictators are all about secret treaties, right? 8) Didn't work, primarily because I didn't forum draft and I also misinterpreted the legislation - but for a first bat, it the actual numbers were pretty close. No one "knew" me back then, so I had equity afforded by anonymity, I suppose.

Second happening was we also decided to send our first recruitment telegram out. Fairly sure we tagged it incorrectly and it was tag:wa. It worked well but, yeah, gave us a bad rap.

Third was completely out of our control: we were the featured region on the World page. Since then, we've been featured only once again. Hopefully we're put up again soon because it's really great for recruitment, it seems.

Something to note is that of the "founding fathers" of the CCD, I'm the only one that remains, the others having left NationStates for good (IRL friends of mine). Shrew wasn't there right at the beginning, so he doesn't count :p What happened to them? Maybe I silenced them to consolidate my power...!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:00 am

Come on Jocospor, you're not even recounting your own beginnings correctly. You objectively fell into the limelight when you guys posted the very first self-commend of CCD. If you don't remember specifically which one I'm talking about, it was the one that included "spreading fascism" as a commendable thing.
Last edited by Yokiria on Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:32 am

Yokiria wrote:Come on Jocospor, you're not even recounting your own beginnings correctly. You objectively fell into the limelight when you guys posted the very first self-commend of CCD. If you don't remember specifically which one I'm talking about, it was the one that included "spreading fascism" as a commendable thing.

This is half correct. The commend CCD proposal was at the very end of our first surge of growth, and would have contributed to some of the population gains we saw, but it was not the main cause.

This proposal was not focused on "spreading fascism".
ShrewLlamaLand

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Yokiria wrote:Come on Jocospor, you're not even recounting your own beginnings correctly. You objectively fell into the limelight when you guys posted the very first self-commend of CCD. If you don't remember specifically which one I'm talking about, it was the one that included "spreading fascism" as a commendable thing.

This is half correct. The commend CCD proposal was at the very end of our first surge of growth, and would have contributed to some of the population gains we saw, but it was not the main cause.

Your Own Words wrote:The Security Council,

Acknowleding the efforts made by the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators (herein the Confederation) in creating the most populous collective of fascist nations in the world;

Believing that the Security Council has the responsibility to recoginise contributions of regions founded on less conventional systems of government;

Applauding the great contributions made to the fascist community by the Confederation, in particular the efforts of the Supreme Council led by the regional founder, Jocospor;

Noting that the Confederation is an old region with a very rich history, which has recently seen immense growth and now ranks among the most populous regions in the world;

Admiring the great contributions of the Confederation to the World Assembly; in particular, by encouraging less-prominent factions within both the General Assembly and Security Council not to be misled by influental magnates;

Recognising that the Confederation has exercised its international power to promote the spread of fascism and dictatorial governance throughout the world, and in doing so has provided a new home for many hundreds of like-minded nations;

Hereby commends the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.

You're the one who wrote that, dude. Also, how do you quote Syl's post and then somehow use quotes and get THAT wrong in a way that changes the point of what she's saying. Are you being disingenuous or are you actually having such extreme memory issues?
Last edited by Syberis on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

Your Own Words wrote:The Security Council,

Acknowleding the efforts made by the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators (herein the Confederation) in creating the most populous collective of fascist nations in the world;

Believing that the Security Council has the responsibility to recoginise contributions of regions founded on less conventional systems of government;

Applauding the great contributions made to the fascist community by the Confederation, in particular the efforts of the Supreme Council led by the regional founder, Jocospor;

Noting that the Confederation is an old region with a very rich history, which has recently seen immense growth and now ranks among the most populous regions in the world;

Admiring the great contributions of the Confederation to the World Assembly; in particular, by encouraging less-prominent factions within both the General Assembly and Security Council not to be misled by influental magnates;

Recognising that the Confederation has exercised its international power to promote the spread of fascism and dictatorial governance throughout the world, and in doing so has provided a new home for many hundreds of like-minded nations;

Hereby commends the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.

Fucking lol. :roll:
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 am

"I'm calling it:

Shrew's going to play the "It's just IC!" card next."

I say as I strike a JoJo pose.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am

Syberis wrote:You're the one who wrote that, dude. Also, how do you quote Syl's post and then somehow use quotes and get THAT wrong in a way that changes the point of what she's saying. Are you being disingenuous or are you actually having such extreme memory issues?

One clause mentions the "spread of fascism and dictatorial governance throughout the world".

If you think that one clause means the whole proposal is about "spreading fascism", I really don't think there's a point in arguing with you any further.

Castelia wrote:"I'm calling it:

Shrew's going to play the "It's just IC!" card next."

It's not a "card", it's the truth. Are you seriously trying to argue that I was trying to commend the CCD for creating OOC fascists?
ShrewLlamaLand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay