NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:You're still here gloating, all the while conveniently ignoring my previous post. Don't want to admit the truth?

The world of NationStates is much bigger than your precious little CCD. You're an amoeba in a tank full of sharks.

Oh, but I must really get going. I have much more useful things to do, really. See you until you decided to poke me again.

We've had the all important WA Secretary-General pop by for a chat earlier, apparently caused unprecidented cooperation between regional rivals, and had the WA Elite step in to stop our candidacy for Sec-Gen. Doesn't sound like an amoeba to me.

Oh, and you still aren't answering my question. Absolute classic.
Last edited by ShrewLlamaLand on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Bloodshade wrote:Weird how you're still showing your face, NQ. You'd think getting memed on in a joke of an election would make you bury your head in the sand but I guess you still want to earn some brownie points with daddy and mommy. :p

:roll: Of course, I'm a sucker for the publicity.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Bloodshade wrote:Weird how you're still showing your face, NQ. You'd think getting memed on in a joke of an election would make you bury your head in the sand but I guess you still want to earn some brownie points with daddy and mommy. :p

:roll: Of course, I'm a sucker for the publicity.

someone had to say it
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Oh, and you still aren't answering my question. Absolute classic.

Your question is a loaded question asked in such a way ("The fact of the matter is... Will you at least admit that is true?") that you have a pretext to tarnish Valentine Z - either as a "pawn of the WA Elite" if he says "yes", or as an "outright liar" if he says "no". Either way, what you're trying to do is completely antithetical both to his NS philosophy and to good old fashioned common sense.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Oh, and you still aren't answering my question. Absolute classic.

Your question is a loaded question asked in such a way ("The fact of the matter is... Will you at least admit that is true?")

I don't actually think this is an unreasonable take, so I'll reword the question:

"Did a collaboration of influential nations within the World Assembly organise a redistribution of votes to your campaign in order to stop Jocospor from making the General Election?"

Better?
ShrewLlamaLand

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:35 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Your question is a loaded question asked in such a way ("The fact of the matter is... Will you at least admit that is true?")

I don't actually think this is an unreasonable take, so I'll reword the question:

"Did a collaboration of influential nations within the World Assembly organise a redistribution of votes to your campaign in order to stop Jocospor from making the General Election?"

Better?

So what if they did? You all had it coming because of all the various bullshit you have pulled, so quit being salty about it and:

Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:37 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I don't actually think this is an unreasonable take, so I'll reword the question:

Better?

So what if they did? You all had it coming because of all the various bullshit you have pulled, so quit being salty about it and:

ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:40 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So what if they did? You all had it coming because of all the various bullshit you have pulled, so quit being salty about it and:

(Image)

Not sure how that image is relevant to what I just said. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:41 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So what if they did? You all had it coming because of all the various bullshit you have pulled, so quit being salty about it and:

But NCR wasn't sealioning you. Mainly because sealioning is doing something under the pretense of politeness. I think NCR has been perfectly frank with how they see you and your region.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:46 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I don't actually think this is an unreasonable take, so I'll reword the question:

Better?

Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:(Image)

But NCR wasn't sealioning you. Mainly because sealioning is doing something under the pretense of politeness. I think NCR has been perfectly frank with how they see you and your region.

I mean, if they interpret "You all had it coming because of all the various bullshit you have pulled, so quit being salty about it" as being polite, then I dread to see what they think rudeness looks like...

Wave on, wave on

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:57 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:The fact of the matter is that various influential groups within the World Assembly, most comprising a part of the WA Elite and including all of the other four candidates who made the general election, organised a redistribution of votes to your campaign in order to stop Jocospor from making the General. Will you at least admit this is true?

I have found recorded footage that is irrefutable evidence that your accusation is undeniably true. Let us see them try to hide it now:

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:22 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:(Image)

Sealioning doesn't necessarily involve maintaining a pretence of politeness. They're implanting themselves into a conversation that doesn't involve them, while twisting the topic we were discussing and asking questions in bad faith (that I've already answered, multiple times).

The Gilded Star wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:The fact of the matter is that various influential groups within the World Assembly, most comprising a part of the WA Elite and including all of the other four candidates who made the general election, organised a redistribution of votes to your campaign in order to stop Jocospor from making the General. Will you at least admit this is true?

I have found recorded footage that is irrefutable evidence that your accusation is undeniably true. Let us see them try to hide it now:

At least this form of criticism is amusing. NCR take note.
ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:30 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:But NCR wasn't sealioning you. Mainly because sealioning is doing something under the pretense of politeness. I think NCR has been perfectly frank with how they see you and your region.

Sealioning doesn't necessarily involve maintaining a pretence of politeness. They're implanting themselves into a conversation that doesn't involve them, while twisting the topic we were discussing and asking questions in bad faith (that I've already answered, multiple times).

It does though:

Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"

So the accusation of sealioning was total bullshit. And since there are no closed threads here, how you can say "they're implanting themselves into a conversation that doesn't involve them" I have absolutely no fucking idea. And I'm not asking questions in bad faith, in fact I wasn't even asking a question at that point.

Wave on, wave on

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:34 pm

The New California Republic wrote:And I'm not asking questions in bad faith, in fact I wasn't even asking a question at that point.

No point in replying to the rest of your post when you're literally denying reality.

ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:And I'm not asking questions in bad faith, in fact I wasn't even asking a question at that point.

No point in replying to the rest of your post when you're literally denying reality.

A rhetorical question. Back to hairsplitting again so you don't have to respond I see. :roll:

Wave on, wave on

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:49 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:No point in replying to the rest of your post when you're literally denying reality.

A rhetorical question. Back to hairsplitting again so you don't have to respond I see. :roll:

How am I supposed to know your question is rhetorical from text? That exact question is what's been debated for the last five pages of this thread, but apparently this time it's rhetorical, okay. Even if that's the case, is a rhetorical question not a question?

For someone who didn't know what sealioning is a few hours ago, I'm glad you were able to pull up the Wikipedia page and copy paste what it says the definition of sealioning is. That's great for you, especially when it acknowledges directly after that "It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"." which you conveniently ignored.
ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:56 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:A rhetorical question. Back to hairsplitting again so you don't have to respond I see. :roll:

How am I supposed to know your question is rhetorical from text?

Sorry but anyone else would be able to see from the context that the question is rhetorical, so I can only conclude you are intentionally interpreting it in a fallacious manner.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Even if that's the case, is a rhetorical question not a question?

And no, a rhetorical question is not a question that is actually being asked, it is intended as a statement more than anything.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:For someone who didn't know what sealioning is a few hours ago, I'm glad you were able to pull up the Wikipedia page and copy paste what it says the definition of sealioning is. That's great for you, especially when it acknowledges directly after that "It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"." which you conveniently ignored.

Except, as we have seen, the definition does not apply to me at all, as I make no attempt to be civil towards the CCD.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wave on, wave on

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm

I switched my vote from Caelapes to Valentine Z of my own initiative in the hope of keeping Jocospor out of the final 5. Nobody is obliged to follow anyone else's suggestions if they don't agree with them. If the WA Elite had asked people to switch their votes to Jocospor in order to block Valentine Z do you honestly think that would have happened? And have you considered why not?

You've spent ages moaning that you're victims of delegate block votes. Turns out that when it's strictly one player one vote you still lose.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:54 pm

It's always pleasant to see the CCD being spammed to high heaven.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 pm

All this going on in the NSGP forum thread, and meanwhile, I've just been silently sharing the evidence of CCD being OOC fascist. Apparently, the best way to dissuade people from taking the CCD's side is to show them proof of what the CCD is.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Yokiria wrote:All this going on in the NSGP forum thread, and meanwhile, I've just been silently sharing the evidence of CCD being OOC fascist. Apparently, the best way to dissuade people from taking the CCD's side is to show them proof of what the CCD is.

lmao sure thing bud.
ShrewLlamaLand

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Yokiria wrote:All this going on in the NSGP forum thread, and meanwhile, I've just been silently sharing the evidence of CCD being OOC fascist. Apparently, the best way to dissuade people from taking the CCD's side is to show them proof of what the CCD is.

lmao sure thing bud.

Indeed. It is a sure thing.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:32 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

lmao sure thing bud.

Well, it worked on me, and I'm the guy who usually finds the far right regions to be less irritating than the people who go after them. Keep us in touch with how your secret war for world domination against Toby Ziegler goes.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:lmao sure thing bud.

Well, it worked on me, and I'm the guy who usually finds the far right regions to be less irritating than the people who go after them. Keep us in touch with how your secret war for world domination against Toby Ziegler goes.

I mean I haven't personally seen what this bloke is apparently spreading so I can't really defend against it.

If you really want to believe what is likely falsified, modified or taken out-of-context evidence, sure, you do you.
ShrewLlamaLand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay