NATION

PASSWORD

Alot of NS mechanics don't actually contribute to the game?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Beckylandia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Alot of NS mechanics don't actually contribute to the game?

Postby Beckylandia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 am

So Nation states is a great game, but i kind of feel like a lot of what makes it good is not actually in the game?

Im still pretty new so i might be wrong in all of this, but national stats (like population, economy, etc) don't actually affect anything (except for the things you unlock when you have a higher population) and issues don't really matter either. Like having a high weaponisation doesn't actually do anything but give you bragging rights if your in the top percentile.

From what i can see all of the good stuff in nation states is related to RPing and social stuff and raiding and defending. Am i right or wrong in this assumption? (Im new so im still trying to get a feel for the game and how to best enjoy it)
Last edited by Beckylandia on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 am

There is also SC and the general politics around regions. You should take a look at your region you are residing in, and try to contribute. If there is something you like. Though as a warning, TEP is afaik not much into raiding or defending these days. Could be wrong though so be sure to ask.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:47 am

Beckylandia wrote:So Nation states is a great game, but i kind of feel like a lot of what makes it good is not actually in the game?

Im still pretty new so i might be wrong in all of this, but national stats (like population, economy, etc) don't actually affect anything (except for the things you unlock when you have a higher population) and issues don't really matter either.
Answering issues affects your nation's stats. So does being in the WA when a GA resolution passes.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 am

Raiding and defending are some fun ways to play the game with its mechanics. If you want a raider org, I would recommendend The Black Hawks and if you want defending, The Order of the Grey Wardens :)
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Beckylandia wrote:Im still pretty new so i might be wrong in all of this, but national stats (like population, economy, etc) don't actually affect anything (except for the things you unlock when you have a higher population) and issues don't really matter either. Like having a high weaponisation doesn't actually do anything but give you bragging rights if your in the top percentile.

From my knowledge, this is by design

Beckylandia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Beckylandia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Beckylandia wrote:So Nation states is a great game, but i kind of feel like a lot of what makes it good is not actually in the game?

Im still pretty new so i might be wrong in all of this, but national stats (like population, economy, etc) don't actually affect anything (except for the things you unlock when you have a higher population) and issues don't really matter either.
Answering issues affects your nation's stats. So does being in the WA when a GA resolution passes.

But your nation's stats don't effect anything right? You can have the best economy but that doesn't give any advantage or extra abilities? Is this correct? Bears Armed ?

Beckylandia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Beckylandia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Beckylandia wrote:Im still pretty new so i might be wrong in all of this, but national stats (like population, economy, etc) don't actually affect anything (except for the things you unlock when you have a higher population) and issues don't really matter either. Like having a high weaponisation doesn't actually do anything but give you bragging rights if your in the top percentile.

From my knowledge, this is by design

Why would they design it like that? That sounds like a huge waste of time spending your time and effort to code mechanics that don't matter in the game

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Beckylandia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:From my knowledge, this is by design

Why would they design it like that? That sounds like a huge waste of time spending your time and effort to code mechanics that don't matter in the game

As I understand, it's so that everyone can play how they want to play. Since nothing of it actually matters, it's significantly more possible than if stats did affect how you could play other parts of the game.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:09 am

Beckylandia wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Answering issues affects your nation's stats. So does being in the WA when a GA resolution passes.

But your nation's stats don't effect anything right? You can have the best economy but that doesn't give any advantage or extra abilities? Is this correct? Bears Armed ?

Unless you're actually roleplaying in a group that uses those stats to determine, for example, the levels of manpower and money that your government has available...
But remember that issues and the UN (which became the WA) were originally all of the game, so that (unless you were in the minority of players actually interested in getting resolutions passed...) getting the stats you wanted was originally the only thing to aim for...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay