NATION

PASSWORD

Increasing Ideological Radicality

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Anthalaka
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Increasing Ideological Radicality

Postby Anthalaka » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:12 am

Ideological Radicality is a secondary stat, that is, a stat derived directly from other stats that can have different weighting. It is mostly linked to your Freedoms (the higher/lower each is, the better, so that the more radical cathegories are not only Anarchies or Psychotic Dictatorships, but also any nation type obtained with a combination of high and low freedoms, such as Benevolent Dictatorship, Left-Wing Utopia, Tyranny by Majority...). Digging old threads, it seems that in the past that was the only factor related to Ideological Radicality. However, it is now influenced by more stats with (apparently) a much lower weighting. This is especially noticeable if your nation is really radical, as if you keep pushing in that particular direction freedoms frequently remain static, whereas Ideological Radicality can have usually minor rises or drops.

So, it is indeed possible to keep increasing your Ideological Radicality once you've hit maximum/minimum freedoms. Does anybody how more or less how? Which types of issues seem to modify IR (unrelated to freedoms)?

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 am

I know that Ideological Radicality is the opposite of Averageness; when one goes down, the other goes up, and vice versa, so nations with extreme classifications like Anarchy or Psychotic Dictatorship (which I see you are, and so am I :D) will have high radicality scores, and a run-of-the-mill Inoffensive Centrist Democracy or New York Times Democracy will have low radicality and high averageness. From my personal experience, it seems to vary only when one of the three freedoms is changed, though I'm not sure what the official answer is.

Either way, I hope this helps somewhat!
Last edited by Ghost Land on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Anthalaka
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthalaka » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:51 am

Ghost Land wrote:I know that Ideological Radicality is the opposite of Averageness; when one goes down, the other goes up, and vice versa, so nations with extreme classifications like Anarchy or Psychotic Dictatorship (which I see you are, and so am I :D) will have high radicality scores, and a run-of-the-mill Inoffensive Centrist Democracy or New York Times Democracy will have low radicality and high averageness. From my personal experience, it seems to vary only when one of the three freedoms is changed, though I'm not sure what the official answer is.

Either way, I hope this helps somewhat!

I have experience with Psychotic Dictatorships, and these nations occasionally suffer IR raises or drops of 0.01-0.02 even if they hit max Authoritarianism and there's no underlying freedoms change. I posted in "Unusual Effects Thread", where it was confirmed that this is intended and that IR is truly affected by "a sizable list of stats".

Your comment on Averageness is correct, but this raises yet another question: which is the inverse of which? Does IR direct Averageness or vice versa?

Return to Gameplay