NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the NPO

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:What, if anything, does the NPO intend to do about Senator Jar Wattinree's and other Pacificans' inappropriate conduct on the Rejected Realms' RMB?

Didn't see any. Can you link what I may have missed?
Join or visit the South Pacific!

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed May 05, 2021 10:55 am

The Moonstar wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:What, if anything, does the NPO intend to do about Senator Jar Wattinree's and other Pacificans' inappropriate conduct on the Rejected Realms' RMB?

Jar made a joke on the RMB about couping TRR, jokes that rejects had already been making for days. For some reason this is GP-worthy news.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Wed May 05, 2021 10:57 am

Fauxia wrote:
The Moonstar wrote:Didn't see any. Can you link what I may have missed?

Jar made a joke on the RMB about couping TRR, jokes that rejects had already been making for days. For some reason this is GP-worthy news.

Was it worse than when I made the NRO coup joke as delegate of TRR and being a member at the time of the NPO?

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 am

The Moonstar wrote:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=activ ... filter=rmb

The jokes themselves aren't really a big deal out of context, but given the contentious nature of what has been going on in the Rejected Realms over this, this and the subsequent "Hail NPO!"s by others were pretty tone deaf and insensitive to citizens of the Rejected Realms who were genuinely opposed to the embassy.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 am

Fauxia wrote:
The Moonstar wrote:Didn't see any. Can you link what I may have missed?

He actually didn't. His joke was about annexing nations in TRR. It's a nation RP he's been doing for a while now. You can ask any of the nations on the dispatch he's made keeping track of the annexees.

Reference:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1374497
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed May 05, 2021 11:06 am

Xoriet wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Jar made a joke on the RMB about couping TRR, jokes that rejects had already been making for days. For some reason this is GP-worthy news.

He actually didn't. His joke was about annexing nations in TRR. It's a nation RP he's been doing for a while now. You can ask any of the nations on the dispatch he's made keeping track of the annexees.

Reference:

You acknowledged yourself in the NSGP server that it was inappropriate for him to have posted and that the people involved had been "chastised."

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Wed May 05, 2021 2:48 pm

The Seeker of Power wrote:
(Image)

Delayed Announcement on The Voice of the People Election

The New Pacific Order has concluded its fifth election for the Vox Populi, now renamed Voice of the People.

Please join us in congratulating Cooki from Cavedweller as the fifth Voice of the People of the Order. Cooki is a valuable member of the New Pacific Order, architect of many successful event and an important key player of our Internal Affairs and Culture department.

Ever Forward!

Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul
on behalf of the Senate of the New Pacific Order

Congratulations Cooki!!!!! Very well deserved!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Big Bad Badger wrote:
The Seeker of Power wrote:
(Image)

Delayed Announcement on The Voice of the People Election

The New Pacific Order has concluded its fifth election for the Vox Populi, now renamed Voice of the People.

Please join us in congratulating Cooki from Cavedweller as the fifth Voice of the People of the Order. Cooki is a valuable member of the New Pacific Order, architect of many successful event and an important key player of our Internal Affairs and Culture department.

Ever Forward!

Consul
on behalf of the Senate of the New Pacific Order

Congratulations Cooki!!!!! Very well deserved!

All your cookies are belong to Cooki.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Moonfungus
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Moonfungus » Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 pm

The Seeker of Power wrote:Please join us in congratulating Cooki from Cavedweller as the fifth Voice of the People of the Order.

Congrats Cooki!
The South Pacific | The Order of The Grey Wardens

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Thu May 06, 2021 4:10 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Xoriet wrote:He actually didn't. His joke was about annexing nations in TRR. It's a nation RP he's been doing for a while now. You can ask any of the nations on the dispatch he's made keeping track of the annexees.

Reference:

You acknowledged yourself in the NSGP server that it was inappropriate for him to have posted and that the people involved had been "chastised."

They were. However, not all forms of chastisement need to be carried out for public entertainment, especially when it wasn't intended maliciously and was simply indicative of a severe lack of awareness of the sensitivity of the situation. What annoyed us was the fact that they posted in an embassy region with a group of very unhappy citizens at all, not the specific nation roleplay annexation joke he makes on a regular basis with a lot of people. How we addressed it internally was much more effective in terms of how it impacted the participants than a public crucifixion, which I would find excessive in a situation that was handled tastelessly by people rather than maliciously.

Most of the problem posters are simply excitable kids who became very enthusiastic over a new embassy and had no understanding of how to act properly in the face of a sensitive environment. They are not versed with politically sensitive situations and usually have no need to be. At least one of the posters was merely attempting to make a positive impression and failed to intuit that the best impression is to not post there at all when some internal sentiment is overwhelmingly negative. The issue here was not a lack of respect for TRR by the wider Pacific, but a deficient understanding of how to handle proper decorum in regards to such a situation.

Some of the participants already issued personal apologies to the Delegate of TRR or TRR itself for insensitivity in regards to the delicacy of the situation and how it should have been handled on the Pacifican side when it comes to embassy cross-posting.
Last edited by Xoriet on Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

A fading memory

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Xoriet wrote:<snip>

Fair enough. Apologies are probably sufficient in most cases, though the continued presence of Jar Wattinree in your Senate is frankly a problem. Maybe this incident was fairly mild, but he is certainly not an excitable kid who just got enthusiastic about a new embassy and has no idea how to conduct himself. Given that he was also pretty enthusiastically loyal to the old Aleisyr-Pergamon regime, as long as he is in your Senate it's going to be fair for people to wonder if, at some point, he is going to be made someone's Regent, eventually become Emperor, and all the promises you've made that what happened before will not happen again will turn out to be the hollow promises some of us expect. You and others say you've rooted out the problem in the NPO, but Jar Wattinree's presence in your Senate says otherwise.

That aside, it might be best if you had a conversation with your residents about the impropriety of posting "Hail NPO!" anywhere outside the Pacific and Pacifican venues. That any of them think that would be appropriate conduct on another region's RMB is pretty wild to me. Especially given you do have embassies now with regions that had terminated all relations with you in the recent past, I'd think even some people who were willing to give things a chance would still rather not see "Hail NPO!" all over their RMBs. If I had no problem with the NPO at all, I would still find it classless, because it seems like blatant and shameless self-promotion on another region's RMB. That stuff pretty clearly belongs in the Pacific, other Pacifican venues like this embassy thread, and not much of anywhere else.

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Thu May 06, 2021 5:41 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Xoriet wrote:<snip>

That aside, it might be best if you had a conversation with your residents about the impropriety of posting "Hail NPO!" anywhere outside the Pacific and Pacifican venues. That any of them think that would be appropriate conduct on another region's RMB is pretty wild to me. Especially given you do have embassies now with regions that had terminated all relations with you in the recent past, I'd think even some people who were willing to give things a chance would still rather not see "Hail NPO!" all over their RMBs. If I had no problem with the NPO at all, I would still find it classless, because it seems like blatant and shameless self-promotion on another region's RMB. That stuff pretty clearly belongs in the Pacific, other Pacifican venues like this embassy thread, and not much of anywhere else.

That is indeed the case. It's never been encouraged, and I would honestly consider it disrupting other RMBs under a strict interpretation of the Civil Code which states that disruption of any properties of other regions, onsite and offsite, is against the laws. Such a talk is most likely necessary under the circumstances, even if none of them really understand the implications. The problem with onsite non-citizens having the ability to post on embassy RMBs is that they are less likely to be aware of what is and isn't appropriate behavior abroad. That was the problem here with TRR, for example.
Last edited by Xoriet on Thu May 06, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

A fading memory

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu May 06, 2021 5:52 am

Xoriet wrote:That is indeed the case. It's never been encouraged, and I would honestly consider it disrupting other RMBs under a strict interpretation of the Civil Code which states that disruption of any properties of other regions, onsite and offsite, is against the laws. Such a talk is most likely necessary under the circumstances, even if none of them really understand the implications. The problem with onsite non-citizens having the ability to post on embassy RMBs is that they are less likely to be aware of what is and isn't appropriate behavior abroad. That was the problem here with TRR, for example.

Well, that makes sense. Hard to monitor and immediately address what non-citizen residents of a Feeder or Sinker are doing at all times, and the ones who are just ignorant of how things work probably didn't mean any harm by it. Fair enough. I think your Senate issue is still a problem but you've probably done all that can reasonably be done to correct the incidents involving other residents, so thanks for that and I'll be off now.

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun May 16, 2021 8:50 am

Statement on the Non-Aggression Pact With the Republic of Europeia

On May 13, 2021, Europeia and the New Pacific Order signed a non-aggression pact. The non-aggression pact promoted our similar values, including in particular our shared commitment to anti-fascism. Alongside the non-aggression pact, Emperor East Durthang was invited to give a direct address to the Europeian Senate. He did so, covering the topics of Francoism, past hostilities in the form of the Anti-Pacific Coalition and what brought about Europeia's participation, the New Pacific Order's history with User Created Regions and treaties during and after the Krulltopia administration, and what shared attributes drew our region to theirs, despite being considered very different.

We have enjoyed working on projects with Europeia over the last months and anticipate working together on more in the future. With the banning of the Nazi types and the crackdown on fascist hate content, there will surely be many more opportunities to cooperate against the fascists of the game and the threat they pose to a healthy society.

Xoriet, Senator of Diplomatic Affairs

A fading memory

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Sun May 16, 2021 11:23 am

As the Europeian president who broke the 2012 treaty with the NPO (or at least, initiated the question to the Senate, who approved it), I think this is an excellent development, for both our regions, and it's one of the amazing things about NS to see regions and communities come so far, on both ends.
Last edited by Kylia Quilor on Sun May 16, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun May 16, 2021 5:44 pm

I'm not in either region, so I don't really care, I'd just like to comment that I find Xor's statement here very odd. Cooperation against fascists is hardly something that requires an NAP, and as far as I know, almost all regions (maybe all at this point) will work with IC enemies against the fascists. Clearly, the absence of a NAP has not inhibited either region's ability to work together on anti-fascist operations. And frankly, opposition to fascism is ubiquitous in Gameplay to the point where it can't honestly be considered a "shared value", or at least, not much more than in the same way almost every region also shares the values of good moderation and not promoting toxicity - it's not really IC in the first place, so an IC non-aggression pact doesn't really seem appropriate here. Or at least, not for this justification.

Congrats to both regions and all that shiz, it's not really my business and it's perfectly within the rights of both regions to make a non-aggression pact, even one with a flimsy justification, but I do find this statement to emphasize the lowest bar imaginable.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 am

Fauxia wrote:I'm not in either region, so I don't really care, I'd just like to comment that I find Xor's statement here very odd. Cooperation against fascists is hardly something that requires an NAP, and as far as I know, almost all regions (maybe all at this point) will work with IC enemies against the fascists. Clearly, the absence of a NAP has not inhibited either region's ability to work together on anti-fascist operations. And frankly, opposition to fascism is ubiquitous in Gameplay to the point where it can't honestly be considered a "shared value", or at least, not much more than in the same way almost every region also shares the values of good moderation and not promoting toxicity - it's not really IC in the first place, so an IC non-aggression pact doesn't really seem appropriate here. Or at least, not for this justification.

Congrats to both regions and all that shiz, it's not really my business and it's perfectly within the rights of both regions to make a non-aggression pact, even one with a flimsy justification, but I do find this statement to emphasize the lowest bar imaginable.

No, Fauxia, anti-fascism is not the only reason. It only got as much emphasis as it did here because of recent events. Europeia's statement already covered a lot. We were interested in this because of shared projects that we've had over the last months and how much respect was generated for the professionalism of Europeia's leadership and their organizational skills. Europeia has taken a major role in some of these projects in ways that impressed NPO's leadership and member base. The overall interest was generated through the excellent impression Europeia has given us. Anti-fascism is a shared value, but hardly reason to agree to a formalization of relations, as you stated.

A fading memory

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Mon May 17, 2021 6:22 am

Congrats to both parties.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue May 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Congratulations to the NPO and Europeia. That might not be the response you were expecting from me, but I truly feel you both deserve each other!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm

My condolences to the NPO.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Jazksrkeal
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Jazksrkeal » Wed May 19, 2021 4:48 am

Shame to see the NPO consort with userites.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Thu May 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Governemtn list updated in the First Post. FYI.
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Thu May 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Jazksrkeal wrote:Shame to see the NPO consort with userites.

Keep being you, Mek. :p

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:36 am

Treaty Between The Pacific and The Communist Bloc

The Pacific is pleased to announce the signing of a treaty, hereby known as the Collectivist Comrades Pact, with The Communist Bloc. Our two regions have had a somewhat unique relationship in the past, which ranges in many different directions from friendly to hostile and back again. A return to a better relationship was begun once again this past year and it culminated in this treaty. Intended to be a sign of friendliness between regions, the new symbolism of friendship between our regions is further indication that the past can be overcome with sincerity and willingness to push a change to create a better future.

The Collectivist Comrades Pact

Preamble
Member regions The Pacific and The Communist Bloc (subsequently referred to as “the signatories”) hereby mutually recognize the legitimate governments of the other party as defined by the legitimately selected Delegate of The Pacific and by the legitimately selected Delegate of The Communist Bloc, and with the assent of those governments, agree to the following:

Article I: Cultural Pact
a. The signatories agree to host annual Cultural Festivals in celebration of the Collectivist Comrades Pact every January 3rd.
i. The festival will be hosted on a rotation, with each signatory hosting the festival every other year.
ii. Should a signatory become incapable of hosting the festival, they must inform the other signatory.

b. The governments of each signatory will determine the members and official best capable of planning and executing the festival, and the events of the festival may be modified from year-to-year as the designated responsible members see fit.

Article II: Military Cooperation Pact
a. Each signatory may call upon the other for a military operation which does not contradict the military policy, tradition, or ideology of the other party. If said operation does include such a contradiction, neither side may begrudge the other a decision to refrain from participating in the operation.

b. Prior to proposing a collaboration with the other signatory, the petitioning signatory must disclose all known information about proposed or current targets and whether or not they present additional complications or concerns to the operational policies of the other signatory.

c. The signatories will share any information which would impact an ongoing operation of the other with each other.
i. Signatories may be exempted from this in the instance that sharing information about an operation would violate a present treaty with another party.

d. Signatories may request military support in defense of their home region as long as the other party is not placed in a compromising position with another treaty ally by providing aid.

Article III: Intelligence Pact
a. The signatories shall share any obtained information which threatens the security, sovereignty, or stability of the other signatory.
i. The signatories are exempt from this clause in the instance that disclosure of the obtained information would violate a pre-existing treaty or other legal commitment.
ii. Neither signatory will be penalized by the other for withholding information whose release would violate a pre-existing treaty or commitment.

b. Should a signatory have concerns regarding a regional member or acquaintance who expresses an interest in joining the other signatory but might bring harm to that signatory, the concerned signatory must inform the other signatory of their concerns.

Article IV: World Assembly Cooperation Pact
a. Each signatory is encouraged to support any World Assembly proposals authored by the other signatory.
i. Neither signatory is required to support World Assembly proposals by their counterpart if members of that signatory’s populace oppose the proposal.

b. The signatories are encouraged to collaborate with or aid each other with proposals that are of mutual interest to both parties should either request assistance on an existing project.

Article V: Treaty Termination Terms
a. The signatory seeking termination must inform the other signatory of intent before initiating closure of embassies or terminating the treaty itself.

b. The termination of relations will be officially concluded after a period of 72 hours, after which both parties are freed from all commitments and obligations laid out in this document.
i. During the termination period, all clauses remain active.

c. Should the desire to terminate the treaty be mutually agreed upon, the treaty may be concluded summarily without a termination period.

Xoriet

What happens when members of The Pacific decide to summarize the text of a treaty in full communist rhetoric for fun.

As of January 3rd, the governments of The Pacific and the Communist Block come together in friendship, brother-and-sisterhood to strengthen the stance of the proletariat and stand united against their common enemies. With the formation of this symbolic Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart, both General Secretaries – commonly called the World Assembly Delegates – recognize each others party’s position of power and seal their mutual support. United we stand against the masses oppressing the proletariat, the masses, the comrades – all people of the world.

Under a common banner, the cultures and the entertainment of the people celebrate the comradeship. Under a common banner, the armies march to eliminate fascism by its root, and defend against the exploitative organizations using people for profit and fame. Under a common banner, the watchful eyes look for holes in each other’s systems and expose any who dare to scratch on the other’s integrity through them. Under a common banner, we support our interests in the World Assembly to bring our common matters to international attention and recognition.

With this union, we defy the capitalists and fascists in the world wishing the downfall and oppression of the proletariat. No gods, nor kings will stand above the masses, who stand united.
Last edited by Xoriet on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

A fading memory

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2013

Postby Sandaoguo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:35 am

“Of course we’ll come to your aid, unless it’s super inconvenient for us obviously” is an interesting conception of a mutual defense alliance. What is even the point of treaties anymore?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay