NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the NPO

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:09 am

The other thing to note is NPO branches into many different games, we're not just limited to NS. As has been seen in the past, players can be called from different games in a pinch. Doubt CCD has those resources to call on.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:The other thing to note is NPO branches into many different games, we're not just limited to NS. As has been seen in the past, players can be called from different games in a pinch. Doubt CCD has those resources to call on.

I can't help but wonder what players from other games think when the NPO calls them over here.

Enthusiasm: Alright! I could use some excitement!
Apathy: I'll go but I won't like it.
Frustration: Ugh! I can't believe I have to go over there...again!
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:29 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Rossiyaana wrote:I find it hilarious that you somehow feel qualified to comment on the recruitment practices of the GCRs-- which you yourself have next to no experience with. The goal of the NPO is not to get as many endorsements on our Delegate as possible, rather to find nations that will fit in in The Pacific and work for the betterment of the Order. Regardless we still have nearly quadruple your endorsements, so respectfully: focus on the CCD instead of the recruitment practices of our Region, and keep it out of our Embassy thread. As Xori said if you have legitimate concerns post them, otherwise discuss your "grievances" in your own thread.

As something I have been told in the CCD thread, there's no thread ownership in gameplay. If I want to discuss the policies of NPO, here is the place to do so :)

Sure, you're right. But you're just gonna get shot down over and over. To be fair, I think that will happen to you anyways because people seem to dislike you, but moreso if it's a terrible discussion point you bring up.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:59 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:The other thing to note is NPO branches into many different games, we're not just limited to NS. As has been seen in the past, players can be called from different games in a pinch. Doubt CCD has those resources to call on.

I can't help but wonder what players from other games think when the NPO calls them over here.

Enthusiasm: Alright! I could use some excitement!
Apathy: I'll go but I won't like it.
Frustration: Ugh! I can't believe I have to go over there...again!

When I get called over to do things in this game I feel frustration...and this is the only game I play!
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:09 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:As something I have been told in the CCD thread, there's no thread ownership in gameplay. If I want to discuss the policies of NPO, here is the place to do so :)

Sure, you're right. But you're just gonna get shot down over and over. To be fair, I think that will happen to you anyways because people seem to dislike you, but moreso if it's a terrible discussion point you bring up.

I don't see a problem with that, I'm pretty used to it. No idea why people dislike me but oh well.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Badivermeraed
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badivermeraed » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:12 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:Sure, you're right. But you're just gonna get shot down over and over. To be fair, I think that will happen to you anyways because people seem to dislike you, but moreso if it's a terrible discussion point you bring up.

I don't see a problem with that, I'm pretty used to it. No idea why people dislike me but oh well.

Maybe the smug replying and association with the CCD has to do something with it?
The boys are back in town!

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Badivermeraed wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I don't see a problem with that, I'm pretty used to it. No idea why people dislike me but oh well.

Maybe the smug replying and association with the CCD has to do something with it?

I had no idea I come off as smug? And what's wrong with CCD - they have great champagne?
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Badivermeraed
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badivermeraed » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:23 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Badivermeraed wrote:

I had no idea I come off as smug? And what's wrong with CCD - they have great champagne?

Lol, this is the very example of a smug reply. Congratulations, you've played yourself.
The boys are back in town!

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:07 am

*angry grumbling from past experiences in Cybernations and Politics&War*
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:02 am

MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:

*angry grumbling from past experiences in Cybernations and Politics&War*

We still exist in one of those, but we've been torn away from the other due to dodgy admin practices.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Domais
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2018

Postby Domais » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 am

Flanderlion wrote:We still exist in one of those, but we've been torn away from the other due to dodgy admin practices.

Don't you still have an AA on PnW but it's just an archival type AA, to stop others from re-making it?
Former Prime Minister of Lazarus!
Delegate Emeritus of Warzones, Australia, Asia, Airspace and Africa
Voted Best Delegate of Warzone Airspace for the year 2019!

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 am

Flanderlion wrote:
MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:*angry grumbling from past experiences in Cybernations and Politics&War*

We still exist in one of those, but we've been torn away from the other due to dodgy admin practices.

I see what you did there.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Domais wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:We still exist in one of those, but we've been torn away from the other due to dodgy admin practices.

Don't you still have an AA on PnW but it's just an archival type AA, to stop others from re-making it?

Yes, since you can't reserve names. Once the nation or the alliance is deleted, it's free to be remade by anyone else. NS has it right by holding names, especially deleted or ones that met a certain qualification.

I don't think this thread should be turning into discussing our presence or lack thereof in other games if they're not relevant to current events in NS though, related to us or not.
Last edited by Xoriet on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Imperial Statement on Pax Capricorn

The New Pacific Order and The South Pacific have reached a consensus that it is within mutual interests to commit to a policy of nonaggression to one other. As laid down in this document, and in all future undertakings, the New Pacific Order pledges to recognize the reigning government of the other signatory as the sole body governing The South Pacific as well as an entity that we will never work against in any harmful capacity, particularly in those provisions hereby inscribed. This is, to us, a symbol of a renewed sense of mutual trust and regard that has justifiably taken time to repair after the revelations of 2018. The New Pacific Order will wholly strive to make it such that this decision is beneficial to The South Pacific and itself in perpetuity.

One significant aspect of this moment is that this nonaggression pact will ideally to be another step into a world where the imperialistic ambitions of the past are no longer the definition of the New Pacific Order. The Order greatly respects and appreciates The South Pacific, both for being an upstanding region in itself and for providing the opportunity to further demonstrate the fruit of a change within our community that began over a year ago and continues to this day.

East Durthang, Emperor
The Seeker of Power, Consul
Xoriet, Legatus
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:47 pm

I want to thank The South Pacific for their will to work with us and achieve this agreement. I look forward to further develop our relationship with you!
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:12 am

The Seeker of Power wrote:I want to thank The South Pacific for their will to work with us and achieve this agreement. I look forward to further develop our relationship with you!

And us with you!

(please help us with the hugging epidemic)
Former Minister of Security and Minister for Justice - the South Pacific

Potato General Numero Capatata

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:33 am

Daytime to Night wrote:
The Seeker of Power wrote:I want to thank The South Pacific for their will to work with us and achieve this agreement. I look forward to further develop our relationship with you!

And us with you!

Elegarth is the last person to help with that...
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 am

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Daytime to Night wrote:
And us with you!

Elegarth is the last person to help with that...

True story xDDDDD

The Dark God of Huggers

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:53 pm

ImageImage

Dear friends, esteemed enemies and beloved bystanders,

It is with great pleasure that I come today to announce the next step in the relationship of the two regions that I hold most dear in my heart. The West Best Pacific and the Pacific, Better Together. I want to personally thank Bran Astor and TWP's Governments for their time and efforts in creating this document. I hope to see our communities becoming closer and closer. As former Delegate of TWP and a TWPer at heart, and as Current Consul of the New Pacific Order and a long time Pacifican: I couldn't be happier :)

Better Together

Preamble

The New Pacific Order, as represented by the Emperor, His Senate and the Charter of the New Pacific Order, hereby enters into this accord as the sole legitimate government of the Pacific,

Bran Astor, his Manner of Governance, and rightfully chosen successors hereby enter this accord as the sole legitimate government of The West Pacific.

Article I - Cultural Exchange

In general, interregional events and collaboration between signatories will be actively encouraged and supported.

In particular, the signatories commit to the creation of a calendar of dates reserved for bi-regional and multiregional events within thirty days of ratification, to be adjusted as needed, and dedicate the wholehearted effort of their government to actualize such events.

Article II - World Assembly

In general, signatories will discuss World Assembly proposals and votes, and will work towards both regions’ interests in the World Assembly when possible. Neither signatory shall be forced to vote against their interests.

In particular, a joint task force shall be established within the first 30 days post-ratification with the intention of creating joint resolutions and repeals for both the Security Council and General Assembly.

Joint military operations to disrupt quorums are expressly sanctioned.

Article III - University

In general, signatories will collaborate, exchange citizens, and promote knowledgebase learning within universities and cultural events. The signatories will promote mutual development of key resources, leadership knowledge, and appreciation of the other’s unique cultural strengths.

In particular, key exercises and exchange programs will be conducted to celebrate and advance each signatory's diversity and success. Such exercises shall begin to be phased-in within 45 days of ratification.

Article IV - Mutual Defense

Mutual defense shall be provided against hostile regions or organizations engaged in attempted sabotage, blackmail, or espionage upon request of either signatory.
Intelligence concerning the other signatory shall be shared. In particular, information from any source of an attempt to harm or that is engineered to harm the other signatory is expected to be shared. Intelligence not concerning the other signatory is recommended to be shared when prudent.

Where a signatory is a treaty ally to a region or organization engaged in hostilities or aggression with the other signatory, opting for neutrality is explicitly allowed. All intelligence sharing requirements remain in force in the case of such neutrality.

The defense of a signatory will be made priority of the other signatory in the event of a third party attempt to overthrow either signatory. This explicitly includes a re-evaluation of neutrality due to a pre-existing treaty option of neutrality.

Article V - Military Cooperation

Joint operations will be conducted in interest of furthering good relations, encouraging increased military experience, and to cooperate in a spirit of goodwill. Both signatories acknowledge their respective ideological preferences.

In general, neither signatory will censure the other for participation on an opposing side of an operation, nor will either signatory pressure the other for support of an operation against the working preferences of its military. Operations initiating or supporting deliberate hostilities against the other signatory shall be actively avoided.

Also in particular, signatories agree to keep the military intelligence of the other classified and will not share without consent.

Article VI - Termination

This accord may be terminated by either signatory at any time. This accord shall remain in effect for two full days (forty-eight hours) following notification of cancellation. Notification will be given privately to the opposite signatory's government.

This accord will sunset one year after ratification, unless both parties agree to continue the provisions of this accord for another year.

Article VII - Amendment & Ratification

The signatories may by simple agreement modify any provisions of this accord.

By the signatures below, this accord is ratified:

East Durthang, Emperor
The Seeker of Power, Consul
Xoriet, Legatus

Bran Astor, Delegate

EDIT: Format looks MUCH better here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1387248
Last edited by The Seeker of Power on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Dark God of Huggers

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Hail!

I am really glad to see this put together! Great work!

To friendship and prosperity!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Dilber
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dilber » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:25 pm

Hail!

I am really glad to have this out. It's been a pleasure working out the details, and I am looking forward to our continued cooperation.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 pm

No comment.

Better Together is a fairly unusual name with a treaty, most of which have words like "Treaty" or "Accord" in their names. What is the significance of this title to NPO and TWP?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Tinhampton wrote:No comment.

Better Together is a fairly unusual name with a treaty, most of which have words like "Treaty" or "Accord" in their names. What is the significance of this title to NPO and TWP?

It's... A treaty...
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:16 pm

What is Tinhampton asking passive aggressive questions, Alex?
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:27 pm

What is the significance of your question, is the better question.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay