NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the NPO

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am

Pierconium wrote:I’m not really sure what to say to this. Mistakes were made (again) and the Emperor and much of the Senate was removed. We have rewritten the Charter to allow for citizen input into the laws and are in the process of adding more options regarding citizen input overall. We have removed Francoism from the government structure and are working towards a removal of it from the culture throughout. I have committed to staying until that is firmly accomplished this time. What constitutes ‘even a little’ to you?

Some parties have called for the NPO to be destroyed. That isn’t going to happen. So long as that is the ultimate aim of any ‘coalition’ then I will respond as I see fit to what I consider outlandish positions.

That said, I do not believe for one moment that the ultimate aims of regions like Lazarus, Osiris, Europeia, Hartfelden, and TBH are all the same. Some regions have expressed surprise at the measures we have taken while others continue to say that nothing short of dismantling the NPO will suffice. What do you think I should do in the face of such a ‘coalition’ that doesn’t have a clear or cohesive agenda? You know I won’t relent.

Also, hello.

Hello o/

I frankly don't care about the coalition, because it has failed to be effective in making a positive impact. I do not doubt their intentions, yet I have not seen these intentions solidify in to clear actions beyond slogans. I believe the NPO/the Pacific is suffering a similar difficulty. The changes made in the region have as yet failed to make an impact that I can see. Maybe the coalition is actually doing something political and strategically that is making an impact that I'm missing. Just as likely for the NPO.

My point is that perception is important and my perception is that nothing has changed on either side. It's all slogans and superficial from my POV. Leading me to my comments. If the changes are actually impacting the culture, I think it would show. But maybe we aren't looking in the right place? You need a PR manager.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am

Darkesia wrote:
Pierconium wrote:I’m not really sure what to say to this. Mistakes were made (again) and the Emperor and much of the Senate was removed. We have rewritten the Charter to allow for citizen input into the laws and are in the process of adding more options regarding citizen input overall. We have removed Francoism from the government structure and are working towards a removal of it from the culture throughout. I have committed to staying until that is firmly accomplished this time. What constitutes ‘even a little’ to you?

Some parties have called for the NPO to be destroyed. That isn’t going to happen. So long as that is the ultimate aim of any ‘coalition’ then I will respond as I see fit to what I consider outlandish positions.

That said, I do not believe for one moment that the ultimate aims of regions like Lazarus, Osiris, Europeia, Hartfelden, and TBH are all the same. Some regions have expressed surprise at the measures we have taken while others continue to say that nothing short of dismantling the NPO will suffice. What do you think I should do in the face of such a ‘coalition’ that doesn’t have a clear or cohesive agenda? You know I won’t relent.

Also, hello.

Hello o/

I frankly don't care about the coalition, because it has failed to be effective in making a positive impact. I do not doubt their intentions, yet I have not seen these intentions solidify in to clear actions beyond slogans. I believe the NPO/the Pacific is suffering a similar difficulty. The changes made in the region have as yet failed to make an impact that I can see. Maybe the coalition is actually doing something political and strategically that is making an impact that I'm missing. Just as likely for the NPO.

My point is that perception is important and my perception is that nothing has changed on either side. It's all slogans and superficial from my POV. Leading me to my comments. If the changes are actually impacting the culture, I think it would show. But maybe we aren't looking in the right place? You need a PR manager.

I can see your point of view. Of course, it is difficult to see internal changes externally in almost all situations, but especially so when each and every public change is met with cries of ‘not enough’. We shall see, I guess.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am

Reading the last page or two of comments has made me feel like we've degraded to a contest of who can clutch the most straws at this point.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:43 am

The Gilded Star wrote:Reading the last page or two of comments has made me feel like we've degraded to a contest of who can clutch the most straws at this point.

I don’t agree.

It was stated in this thread by a member of the supposed coalition that the APC has made no official statements, formed no official policy, and taken no official actions. To me that makes them not ‘official’. All I have asked for is a list of these ‘Organizers’ if they exist. It seems a reasonable request.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 am

Surely you can understand why any coalition against the New Pacific Order wouldn't want to give the Consul of the New Pacific Order the names of all its top people. And the threat of being declared nonexistent if they don't give you that list isn't much of a threat at all.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm

RiderSyl wrote:Surely you can understand why any coalition against the New Pacific Order wouldn't want to give the Consul of the New Pacific Order the names of all its top people. And the threat of being declared nonexistent if they don't give you that list isn't much of a threat at all.
Yep. Giving away the top names does all the NPOs intelligence work for them. They need the names no doubt to infiltrate the APC, which they claim doesn't exist, in order to make it not exist.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Elegarth
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elegarth » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:Reading the last page or two of comments has made me feel like we've degraded to a contest of who can clutch the most straws at this point.

TBH I'm just having fun. Isn't fun allowed anymore in this *gasps* realm?

I know, I know, I shall not call the realm a "game", but guys, isn't the whole purpose of these "realms" to enjoy ourselves?
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Royal Duke of The West Pacific
Patio Emperor of The West Pacific
Former Dragon Delegate of The West Pacific

The Delegarth

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Or maybe all of the APC's official statements and policies are where the people who actually need to know them are, lol

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Elegarth wrote:

TBH I'm just having fun. Isn't fun allowed anymore in this *gasps* realm?

I know, I know, I shall not call the realm a "game", but guys, isn't the whole purpose of these "realms" to enjoy ourselves?

Hey readers and lurkers, don't get all wound up about the pointless, circular arguments going on here. It's just a prank, bro! A social experiment! Don't you know what fun is?!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:14 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Elegarth wrote:TBH I'm just having fun. Isn't fun allowed anymore in this *gasps* realm?

Hey readers and lurkers, don't get all wound up about the pointless, circular arguments going on here. It's just a prank, bro! A social experiment! Don't you know what fun is?!

I mean, there aren't very frequently any really meaningful arguments on the GP forums are they? Most of the important stuff happens in DMs, I think most people read GP more to keep up with the current issues and not because the arguments actually do anything other than run in circles 24/7. I'm honestly having a little difficulty thinking of something big that directly resulted from anything here, I'm sure it's happened but still.
Malphe Vytherov

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Aside from the creation of dumb arguments that others continually mock, or regular news stuff I can't think of much myself.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 pm

New Rogernomics wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Surely you can understand why any coalition against the New Pacific Order wouldn't want to give the Consul of the New Pacific Order the names of all its top people. And the threat of being declared nonexistent if they don't give you that list isn't much of a threat at all.
Yep. Giving away the top names does all the NPOs intelligence work for them. They need the names no doubt to infiltrate the APC, which they claim doesn't exist, in order to make it not exist.

This is it. We want to know who the nations are so we can pretend to be them and give conflicting orders to all the APC nations.
Tyrant (Ret.)

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Pierconium wrote:
New Rogernomics wrote:Yep. Giving away the top names does all the NPOs intelligence work for them. They need the names no doubt to infiltrate the APC, which they claim doesn't exist, in order to make it not exist.

This is it. We want to know who the nations are so we can pretend to be them and give conflicting orders to all the APC nations.

We got him, boys!

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Introducing the first APC Organizer:

Piernotium.

He orders you to pat your head and rub your stomach simultaneously.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:Introducing the first APC Organizer:

(Image)

Piernotium.

Seems legit.
Tyrant (Ret.)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Pierconium wrote:
The Gilded Star wrote:Introducing the first APC Organizer:

(Image)

Piernotium.

Seems legit.

Is the next one going to be Imnot Moldavi?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Or maybe all of the APC's official statements and policies are where the people who actually need to know them are, lol

I could almost believe this except that doesn’t appear to be the case. There doesn’t appear to be any actual policy because each individual region is conducting their own campaign (well, realistically two of the regions with one or two nations doing all the ‘work’ with the poor RMB spam and largely ignored telegram scheme) and the ultimate aims seem different overall.

Unless, of course, disorganisation is the aim of the ‘Organizers’. Maybe that is the goal of the supposed APC? Let’s say nothing, plan nothing, and do nothing and the NPO will die from the boredom. Well that might just work.

Good job.
Tyrant (Ret.)

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 am

Malphe wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

I mean, there aren't very frequently any really meaningful arguments on the GP forums are they? Most of the important stuff happens in DMs, I think most people read GP more to keep up with the current issues and not because the arguments actually do anything other than run in circles 24/7. I'm honestly having a little difficulty thinking of something big that directly resulted from anything here, I'm sure it's happened but still.

Perfectly stated, Mal
Last edited by The Seeker of Power on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 am

Pierconium wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Or maybe all of the APC's official statements and policies are where the people who actually need to know them are, lol

I could almost believe this except that doesn’t appear to be the case. There doesn’t appear to be any actual policy because each individual region is conducting their own campaign (well, realistically two of the regions with one or two nations doing all the ‘work’ with the poor RMB spam and largely ignored telegram scheme) and the ultimate aims seem different overall.

Unless, of course, disorganisation is the aim of the ‘Organizers’. Maybe that is the goal of the supposed APC? Let’s say nothing, plan nothing, and do nothing and the NPO will die from the boredom. Well that might just work.

Or maybe you're mistaking what the APC is trying to do & how, because you don't actually know what & how that is, and everything is being how they wish ;)

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:43 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Pierconium wrote:I could almost believe this except that doesn’t appear to be the case. There doesn’t appear to be any actual policy because each individual region is conducting their own campaign (well, realistically two of the regions with one or two nations doing all the ‘work’ with the poor RMB spam and largely ignored telegram scheme) and the ultimate aims seem different overall.

Or maybe you're mistaking what the APC is trying to do & how, because you don't actually know what & how that is, and everything is being how they wish ;)

You are correct, I have no idea what the supposed ‘APC’ is trying to do, mainly because it seems like they are doing nothing.

Suppose they gave a war and nobody came...
Last edited by Pierconium on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 am

Pierconium wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Or maybe you're mistaking what the APC is trying to do & how, because you don't actually know what & how that is, and everything is being how they wish ;)

You are correct, I have no idea what the supposed ‘APC’ is trying to do, mainly because it seems like they are doing nothing.

There are certain problems in fighting a war in a game that only really allows proxy wars against a regime with nothing to fight a proxy war in (anymore) I imagine :p

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Pierconium wrote:You are correct, I have no idea what the supposed ‘APC’ is trying to do, mainly because it seems like they are doing nothing.

There are certain problems in fighting a war in a game that only really allows proxy wars against a regime with nothing to fight a proxy war in (anymore) I imagine :p

One wonders how anyone could reasonably argue for the destruction of the NPO, government of the Pacific, through proxy wars that do not actually target the Pacific.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Just sneak someone into The Red Phone, they reused the server for their initial APC organization efforts. Yes, that one. The one that TSP completely compromised a year ago.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 am

Wow... Out last official communique was 9 pages ago... It is nice to know you all love NPO so much that keep bumping our embassy up <3

Happy Delayed Valentine's Day, Gameplay!

Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Just sneak someone into The Red Phone, they reused the server for their initial APC organization efforts. Yes, that one. The one that TSP completely compromised a year ago.

Or I can just read blatant revisionism being put out by Europeia. It seems we’ve gotten to them since they have to create imagined battles in order to claim activity on the part of the APC. It is a bit sad, really.
Tyrant (Ret.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay