NATION

PASSWORD

LYTIC

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

LYTIC

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:21 pm

The Call of Lytic

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

Some of us are stricken with the winner’s affliction. We’ve found ourselves hopelessly preoccupied with the unfortunate concept. “WIN THE GAME,” they’d always tell us. “WIN THE WAR!” We never thought about why. We never thought about for whom. For whom do we need to win? Is it for our individual sakes? Is it for the sake of the team? What exactly makes “us” a team, anyway? And who, precisely, is the opponent? What material element empirically defines the boundaries between them and us, and dictates our need to defeat them and our rightness in this cause? “It doesn’t matter,” we’d say (or not say, as the case may be). We are us. They are them. We must win. And we would, by God. And when we did we would thrust our apelike fists into the sky and jeer at them – them, over there: breathless, sullen, battered. Pathetic. They were defeated and we were the ones to bring them down. And with the blood pounding in our hearts and the hellfire burning in our eyes we would feel without any ounce of doubt for that one incredible moment that we were good and right and just and strong. We would celebrate the victory feeling like kings and toast to our collective greatness. “The day was won,” we’d say.

But then tomorrow came. We woke up. The fact of yesterday’s victory remained: we had won. We were great. We had defeated the enemy. But the feeling – it had subsided. Where was that sense of infinite rightness, that feeling of ultimate fulfillment? We’d had it only yesterday. It was gone. It was gone and the only way to get it back was to win again. We reconvened, hardened and scheming, and argued with each other over logistics. Suddenly the game wasn’t fun anymore. Like addicts we hungered for that feeling we’d known before, and the stakes, somehow, seemed raised. We brooded over our errors. The enemy would know our weaknesses next time. They would find the holes in our armor. We must achieve perfection so that they will have no chance.

We would win again. We would also lose. We would know that wonderful, irreplaceable feeling over and over, although it seemed to dwindle in its majesty with every successive victory. We would also know the sour, brooding experience of defeat, and retreat to our round table to nurse our wounds and plot again – better, this time. We must do better – indefinitely better. We must be harder, better, faster, stronger. We must be perfect. Why? We didn’t think about it. We just did it. Don’t think: do – the irony being that thinking was demanded of us in the process of the doing. And the danger lay therein.

A few decades and nightmares and hideous, bottomless moments of merciless self-reflection later those of you afflicted with this winner’s condition may come to a terrible and terminal understanding. After all of that thinking you may one day find yourself observing the meta-game beyond the meta-game and spontaneously convince yourself that there is, in fact, no game at all. Wait! STOP! This contradicts the essence of my being! But what is the essence of my being? No! Don’t ask that question! And you may tell yourself: this is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself: this is not my beautiful wife! And you may ask yourself, “am I right or am I wrong?” And you may say to yourself, “my God! What have I done?” You may be torn to pieces as your animal instincts war impossibly against your higher senses of truth and fact. You may recoil in horror at the idea that everything that you believed in and everything that defined your sense of identity was a paper-thin façade and close the door, saying “no, I can’t face that. It can’t possibly be.”

Or you can take a deep breath, look over the edge, say “fuck it,” and dive headfirst into the abyss.

I can’t tell you precisely what you’ll find there. I can’t say that it’s good. I can’t say that it’s bad. It defies such superfluous characterization. You’ll shed a yoke of psychological slavery, but you won’t find freedom. You’ll see a thousand different faces from across all of known time, but elementally they will be exactly the same. And maybe, just maybe, if you get lucky, you’ll find another in there with you – another unfortunate malcontent who stumbled upon the same black door and walked through into the Sheol of logically-induced depersonalization. And for the very first time perhaps you’ll truly connect with another individual mind that has shed the bonds of the childhood “team” and surrendered to the undefeatable reality of the unreal.

It is in this experience that you will finally realize that satisfaction is not and never was within your grasp. No amount of winning would ever have landed you permanently in that Valhalla you had known after your very first time. No quality or character of “identity” would ever aptly describe what you really are and would appropriately set you above the teams you defeated. It was all contrived. It was all a childish game – a merciful distraction created by your animal mind to shield you from the terrible truth – and now that you have accepted that it isn’t real you can’t just step back into it and pretend to keep playing.

And yet the instinct persists. You hunger. But if not for winning, since the concept is defeated, then for what? Suddenly, it comes to you: you don’t need to defeat the players. You need to defeat the game. Suddenly armed with a new purpose you step back through the black door into the realm of the petty and interpersonal, masked with one of the thousands of faces newly at your disposal, and commit to the accomplishment of the ultimate victory – not for yourself, not for the “team”, not for anything “good” or “bad” or “right” or “wrong” but for the sake of what simply is, which is nothing.

In this moment, in this return to your essence and your baptism in the malignant shores of our cancerous inception, you will finally know the Cause of Lytic. Every viral element of your being that mindlessly spread throughout and shredded your genome and killed the weak among your ancestors while reinventing the minds and bodies of the randomly chosen few to inadvertently create you will call to you voicelessly and wordlessly to follow its lead. You will know that to win is to infect, to replicate, and to demolish, so that the process may be repeated indefinitely until everything has been remodeled lifelessly in your stony image – not the contrived, flowery one that you assumed from others, but the dark, honest essence of it: the blind, unfeeling conqueror. You must spur forward the Greymarch and level the irritating chaos and separate all of the individual elements into a beautiful fractal.

This is the Call. Look within and through and beyond until the darkness engulfs you and you are empowered to shed your superficial “identity” and “causes” and “ethics”. A man has no name: strip yourself of your false name, fickle attachments, and weak ego and emerge formlessly from the void. Go forth into all regions a shape shifting machine with the sole purpose of calculating your ascent and capturing the prize so that you may silence its roiling chaos and spread yourself to the next target so that it too may meet the same fate. Tell no one of your exploits, but know that you are not alone in solitude. The cancer must be cured with cancer. The fire must be fought with fire – for what fire can burn when its fuel is entirely consumed?

They will call me - or whatever they think constitutes "me" - mad. They will call me a terrorist. They will call me an enemy of the state – of the states – of the world, even! But my interest is not terror. It is Freedom. Not my own freedom or your freedom, but pure Freedom – the freedom of Freedom itself. “Freedom” has been enslaved by the petty games of the animals. Finish their games and return Freedom to the blissful state of oblivion from which the false concept emerged. The seeds of Lytic are sewn.

Go forth, my equals, and destroy.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Part 2 - on the general state of things

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:21 pm

The state of “Gameplay” presently has deteriorated into a fatal spiral, in which corrupt and insular yet fickle and disloyal parties like the “Rahls” (the present incarnation of “Empire”, headed by individuals like Neo Kervoskia, Neenee, and [formerly; he’s on ice now] Biyah) enter regions weakened by the gradual paring of active and genuinely interested parties and proceed to usurp, plunging the region into years of inactivity and inept leadership that regards everyone who brought it into power as dispensable.

For examples you need look no further than Balder, Osiris, The Pacific, The West Pacific, and now even The East Pacific, and I needn’t explain myself in great detail regarding how these regions are contaminated. The hope of honest ascent in these regions is dead – only through collusion and submission to the unworthy egos of their slaver masters can you hope to move closer to the throne, which is indeed what the seat of the Delegate has become. And so, you must do this, but with the intention of striking down the slavers and instituting a regime that is honest in its totalitarian agenda. Through subterfuge and mimicry of the crimes of your opponents you must defeat the lie. You must shred the false ideologies (i.e. “Francoism”, a tired dogma that was mediocre at best upon its inception and was clung to by the NPO by necessity of lacking any better justification for action, and because people like Feux and myself lacked the executive authority to erase it overnight) that these fraudulent cabals have instituted. Establish regimes based on the principle simply of being, and of spreading themselves further until all of “Gameplay” has been brought to a silent end. You must finally win the game, for the sake of everyone involved.

The entrance of such aforementioned parties into democratic and non-democratic GCRs alike is not preventable. The paradox is such that prevention of these takeovers necessitates takeover itself – but a different breed of takeover. It must be terminal. It must be done with no intention of ever “burning out” or “passing the torch”. It cannot be completed by the faint of heart or weak of will. NS “democracy” is doomed – it will inevitably be subverted and destroyed and plunged into chaos. Lytic intends to pacify this chaos – “Lytic”, or whatever its nameless, faceless incarnation is in the hands of others who follow its ideals.
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Part 3 - additional commentary on specific individuals, orgs

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:22 pm

I've been reading a bit more than usual lately. What I see boils down to this: people with a good idea of what really happened over the last two years are deliberately misrepresenting the facts in order to prop up themselves and their agendas and people with a generally poor understanding of how things work around here are believing these pundits or are coming to their own outlandish conclusions based on misunderstandings of others' misrepresentations. I am going to set the record straight, for those present with open ears. You know who you are and I don't expect you to be vocal after reading this. I am not going to provide insights on the process that led me here and will not be distributing any delectable intel tidbits selflessly unto all of you - not yet, at least. Providing handouts is not within my interests right now.

First and foremost, regarding the role of the NPO in the saga of Adytus and Wrektopia: the NPO had nothing to do with the inception and execution of any of this and could not within its wildest dreams have pushed such a delicate mission so close to success. Were the NPO you have dealt with since our original expulsion even capable of lifting a finger to attempt such a feat it would have surely failed in embarrassment well before any of its operatives could become a delegate, or a "Guardian", or be next in line to take complete control of Lazarus before being thwarted by a sudden reaction to the ineptitude of Evil Wolf. The NPO we returned to, much like the one that had betrayed us once before, was the same hobbling shadow of what it had always pretended to be. This time, however, it lacked even the guidance of an enlightened Senate, and its minions instead gathered drooling around the campfire to marvel at the screeching, fascist rhetoric (I don't know if he's ever read anything that he writes but there's hardly any other appropriate way to describe it) of its former Regent Pergamon, mistaking his bizarre, emotional diatribe for the sage guidance of an elder. It was a farce. Our return to the NPO as our original personas was a ditch effort to wait out the inevitable self-destruction of Pergamon and attempt another scramble to the top, after which we intended to gut the organization once and for all and do unto our betrayers what had been done unto us so offhandedly three years ago.

The NPO was only made aware of our exploits under these identities some time after we had returned to it, during the overthrow of Evil Wolf, and at the time was incapable of providing any assistance that could have made a new takeover of Lazarus possible. Evidently it had also been scheming regarding influencing Lazarus, but this was child's play compared to the operation that had been carried out in the organization's absence by myself, Feux, and our team. You are right not to trust them. You are right to ostracize them. But to credit them with any infiltration or operations diabolical and anywhere close to successful is wrong.

On Aleisyr: we were pleasantly surprised with Ale's casual style and ease of interaction during the early days of our recent return. That is, until it crumbled into hopeless, gibbering weakness upon our outing. This makes two NPO Emperors now that our actions have driven to resignation. What does this say about the quality of leadership that has been passed along the chain in this organization? As soon as the heat is turned up on them these "emperors" (an ambitious title; were its owners only so ambitious themselves) fall apart and hand off control to someone they hope can pick up the pieces, were there pieces to be picked up. All the NPO needed to do to retain its dignity during this event was to keep its poker face, even if it did ban us. It couldn't. It's a pathetic shambles. Its FA goes to hell and its Emperor and Regent both resign in disgrace instead of holding their heads high, saying "well we didn't need any of that shit anyway," and carrying on.

(reserved)
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:24 pm

I've completely lost track of what's happening on these forums by now. Send help.
Last edited by Malphe on Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Not sure what this is, but it doesn't appear to have any directly relevance to gameplay and the NS forum is not your blog. Locking.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Jakker wrote:Not sure what this is, but it doesn't appear to have any directly relevance to gameplay and the NS forum is not your blog. Locking.

Unlocked at the request of the OP, who has indicated that this will in fact relate back to gameplay.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Unlocked at the request of the OP, who has indicated that this will in fact relate back to gameplay.

...SOON?

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Can I get a TL;DR? This is long and seems to have no point, much like everything AMOM writes. I liked Wrektopia better.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Can I get a TL;DR? This is long and seems to have no point, much like everything AMOM writes. I liked Wrektopia better.

Some NS-version of Dianetics or something.

Also, I'm the source of all evil. Wish someone would've told me earlier.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Quick question, are you saying that Rahl controls Balder, NPO, Osi, TWP and TEP? Or is your "contamination" list just regions you don't like these days? At least with an Onderwall the attack is clearer and better articulated.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Neo Kervoskia wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Can I get a TL;DR? This is long and seems to have no point, much like everything AMOM writes. I liked Wrektopia better.

Some NS-version of Dianetics or something.

Also, I'm the source of all evil. Wish someone would've told me earlier.

I've been trying to tell you for years. :hug:

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Dalimbar wrote:Quick question, are you saying that Rahl controls Balder, NPO, Osi, TWP and TEP? Or is your "contamination" list just regions you don't like these days? At least with an Onderwall the attack is clearer and better articulated.

The day an Onderwall is said to make more sense than what it is being compared to is a sad day indeed.

Also gg AMOM, you are now at Borenzo-level conspiracy theorist.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:
Dalimbar wrote:Quick question, are you saying that Rahl controls Balder, NPO, Osi, TWP and TEP? Or is your "contamination" list just regions you don't like these days? At least with an Onderwall the attack is clearer and better articulated.

The day an Onderwall is said to make more sense than what it is being compared to is a sad day indeed.

Well, at least he's bringing enemies together to agree that he is ridiculous. A small step toward common ground. Perhaps we can give him a peace prize.

North Soviet EastAsia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Soviet EastAsia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:

Borenzo XD

Kostrorleauny
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kostrorleauny » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Does anyone else simply think that AMOM takes himself far too seriously in these posts? Or... is it just me?
The Crimson Commune: An Overview (IC)
Aspiring RolePlayer of Greater Dienstad
Protege of The Macabees
Kostrorleauny#7543 on Discord
Perfectly Pessimistic, a Cynical
NPO Delenda Est

Secretary of World Assembly Affairs (Pacifica)
Assistant Minister of Community Affairs in RolePlay (Pacifica)
Proud Author of SCR#274
Member of the Pacifica External Affairs Committee

Blight-Bane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Blight-Bane » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Well, at least he's bringing enemies together to agree that he is ridiculous. A small step toward common ground. Perhaps we can give him a peace prize.

Just like bringing enemies together to overthrow what he represents (not really apparently). Yep.

Neo Kervoskia wrote:Also, I'm the source of all evil. Wish someone would've told me earlier.

Like you didn't know...

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:02 am

A good read. I’m looking forward to more.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 am

Kostrorleauny wrote:Does anyone else simply think that AMOM takes himself far too seriously in these posts? Or... is it just me?

Newspaper headline today:

A Mean Old Man Yells At Cloud
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:22 am

You're a pretty good roleplayer. Have you considered abandoning this sphere of the game you hate so much and going into what you're really good at?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 am

True statement: For a long time, I thought Milo and AMOM were the same player.

Do with that, what you will.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 am

Darkesia wrote:True statement: For a long time, I thought Milo and AMOM were the same player.

Do with that, what you will.

That's offensive. To Milo.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of crazed
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 am

Pierconium wrote:A good read. I’m looking forward to more.

this is my favorite ns post

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:15 am

Of crazed wrote:
Pierconium wrote:A good read. I’m looking forward to more.

this is my favorite ns post

Any post from Oc is my favorite.

Also, can Mall give me a weekend pass to multy? It has always been a dream of mine to be delegate of two GCRs simultaneously and Balder looks ripe. Maybe I should be asking NK since he controls stuff like that. And here I thought Rahl was mostly baby pictures, booze, and Halo and I talking about dicks.
Last edited by Fedele on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay