NATION

PASSWORD

The Army of Freedom

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:43 am

Armaros wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:That is old, and it might have been a joke.

...and that would be an arguement to tolerate it? That it's old means it's okay? Even if it was a "joke", why in hell didn't someone do something about it? And there is more.

I never said it was OK, I'm saying the information is probably out of date. If you want coherent information on what was going on, then speak with the government officials.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Armaros wrote:...and that would be an arguement to tolerate it? That it's old means it's okay? Even if it was a "joke", why in hell didn't someone do something about it? And there is more.

I never said it was OK, I'm saying the information is probably out of date. If you want coherent information on what was going on, then speak with the government officials.

The same government officials who say the N-word.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

The Conservative Army
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conservative Army » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:37 am

Armaros wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:We get it. Everyone who is not a commie like you is a fascist.

Ah, you again. So nice to see you accuse everyone who is leftist of being a commie. Still haven't figured out what a commie is eh?

Also, for all who don't remember, this is the region that was attempted to be libbed. For homophobia and racism. And guess what? I still have the evidence for that. I don't believe you're fascist, but you're definitely bad.

UM, you should definitely take a look at the evidence: are you sure you want to work with people like these?

EDIT: As I was saying, a region where they tolerate shit like this.

We would like to state that nobody in our organization is ’definitrly bad’. The Army of Freedom will not bother to take action against members who have since changed since then. We stand by our officers and soldiers full-fledgedly, though it is important to contact us if you have evidence of continued behavior and racism, something we do not stand for or support.

May you define ‘tolerate’ though? The user has been permanently banned months ago you are referring to from your screenshot. Funny thing actually, he tried to send a few telegrams to some of our government members in the FCN the other day, acting as if he did nothing wrong; No apology either. I think you will be pleased to learn that our region gave him the middle finger and told him to get lost in response.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 am

The Conservative Army wrote:May you define ‘tolerate’ though? The user has been permanently banned months ago you are referring to from your screenshot. Funny thing actually, he tried to send a few telegrams to some of our government members in the FCN the other day, acting as if he did nothing wrong; No apology either. I think you will be pleased to learn that our region gave him the middle finger and told him to get lost in response.

So he's been banned? Good. Now, about your founder, is he banned too?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Of crazed
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:09 am

bash the fash

The Conservative Army
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Conservative Army » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 am

Armaros wrote:
The Conservative Army wrote:May you define ‘tolerate’ though? The user has been permanently banned months ago you are referring to from your screenshot. Funny thing actually, he tried to send a few telegrams to some of our government members in the FCN the other day, acting as if he did nothing wrong; No apology either. I think you will be pleased to learn that our region gave him the middle finger and told him to get lost in response.

So he's been banned? Good. Now, about your founder, is he banned too?

No, our Secretary of War is not banned, as he has since expressed regret and apologized on several occasions (Unlike San Carlos Islands), and has since taken a stance against racism and other forms of hate. He has since changed and has moved away from his admittedly shameful and disgusting ways, and the Army of Freedom and our main region has rooted out such activities.

Of course, if you have any ongoing concerns about possible continued racist activity in the Army of Freedom, feel free to send me a telegram.
Of crazed wrote:bash the fash

That was certainly one of our objectives in our recent raid in Asnaria, correct. All authoritarian regions that advocate for communism, fascism, or other similar ideologies are enemies of Democracy and Freedom.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm

OK, I'm going to take a moment here to hash out a full reply.

I take these issues seriously, as I did during the liberation. I have no interest in working with fascists, racists, or homophobes, and I will gladly change my opinion on a matter if presented with the proper evidence. I no longer defend KAISERREICH, for example, nor has our region really had any interaction with them since I've made that shift. And I did so upon being presented the full evidence -- I acknowledged I was wrong, and acted to change my stance. So, when the liberation came up, I had a hard look at the evidence, and had a series of talks with people from both in the region and out.

Right to Life has generally come to one, consistent conclusion -- that the FCN was infiltrated by a group of horrible people, racists and fascists among them. Their behaviour was most prevalent in the spam channels, that they turned into their den that few outside their group were tremendously involved in. These fascists then took control of the regional Senate and used said Senate to pass "free speech" laws. Of course, these laws did not actually protect free speech; rather, they protected and promoted hate speech, letting it proliferate. Ultimately, this resulted in an unfortunate culture where this language was the norm. It is our belief that several minors were indoctrinated in the usage of this speech and not only normalized to it, but were most likely pressured into using it. Of course, this does not for one second exonerate the minors involved in using horrendous language. It does, however, leave open the possibility for reform.

Though we wish we were aware of this situation earlier, and accept the responsibility for this ignorance, when we were made aware of the extent of this behaviour, we considered it on the whole. By this point, most of the perpetrators had been ejected from the region, barring two, who again, we believe were more or less indoctrinated into this behaviour. New Waldensia, the de facto regional founder and a longtime friend of Right to Life (and himself praised for having the guts to stand up to the fascists in the FCN server) promised a series of substantive reforms designed to pull the region back into control. We chose to trust him to take control and reign in excessive behaviour, because we knew what the FCN was like before this invasion.

We believe that our analysis of the situation was proven largely correct, for several reasons:

1. The last time we've found Gagium saying the n-word in the FCN server, excluding quoting others and the like, was in July.
  2. The regional flag has been changed away from the confederate flag put in place by the racist crew and replaced with what appears to look like a torch of liberty
  3. The Discord appears to have been cleaned up significantly, in large part due to an act against hate speech passed by the Senate, and pushed by President New Waldensia, who we again note is a moderate conservative,
  4. There has not been a joint FCN-KAISERREICH military operation since the liberation attempt, according to regional officials
We believe that the liberation attempt served as a proper wake-up call for the Federation to fix their ways, and were left in a prime situation to do so following the treason of the fascists. Though we are disappointed by the administrative blunders that led to the situation, we believe that the reforms enacted by New Waldensia have been largely successful in shaking off racism from the region. We should, if anything, praise regions that combat toxic and hateful cultures, rather than hold continued grudges against them. Until further evidence comes up suggesting that FCN has not in fact changed its ways, Right to Life will continue to cooperate with them -- and we hope that every region infiltrated by racism will take the path that New Waldensia and others did, and deal with it head-on. It is a long road to reconciliation, and we've had serious talks with FCN officials about preventing this behaviour in the future. We asked for specific reforms. We watch their Discord. In short, we will continue to monitor their progress on the matter.

In the meantime, yes, we will cooperate with the Federation, particularly on anti-fascist operations. We're more than slightly confused that Right to Life is being condemned for an anti-fascist operation, particularly when said operations help to promote a desired culture in the FCN -- one of anti-fascist conservatism. Feel free to contact me if you need more clarification.

United Massachusetts
Senator, Right to Life

EDIT: On a more practical note, we're still looking for pilers in Asnaria if anyone wants to help.
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Soviet EastAsia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Soviet EastAsia » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:35 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:OK, I'm going to take a moment here to hash out a full reply.

I take these issues seriously, as I did during the liberation. I have no interest in working with fascists, racists, or homophobes, and I will gladly change my opinion on a matter if presented with the proper evidence. I no longer defend KAISERREICH, for example, nor has our region really had any interaction with them since I've made that shift. And I did so upon being presented the full evidence -- I acknowledged I was wrong, and acted to change my stance. So, when the liberation came up, I had a hard look at the evidence, and had a series of talks with people from both in the region and out.

Right to Life has generally come to one, consistent conclusion -- that the FCN was infiltrated by a group of horrible people, racists and fascists among them. Their behaviour was most prevalent in the spam channels, that they turned into their den that few outside their group were tremendously involved in. These fascists then took control of the regional Senate and used said Senate to pass "free speech" laws. Of course, these laws did not actually protect free speech; rather, they protected and promoted hate speech, letting it proliferate. Ultimately, this resulted in an unfortunate culture where this language was the norm. It is our belief that several minors were indoctrinated in the usage of this speech and not only normalized to it, but were most likely pressured into using it. Of course, this does not for one second exonerate the minors involved in using horrendous language. It does, however, leave open the possibility for reform.

Though we wish we were aware of this situation earlier, and accept the responsibility for this ignorance, when we were made aware of the extent of this behaviour, we considered it on the whole. By this point, most of the perpetrators had been ejected from the region, barring two, who again, we believe were more or less indoctrinated into this behaviour. New Waldensia, the de facto regional founder and a longtime friend of Right to Life (and himself praised for having the guts to stand up to the fascists in the FCN server) promised a series of substantive reforms designed to pull the region back into control. We chose to trust him to take control and reign in excessive behaviour, because we knew what the FCN was like before this invasion.

We believe that our analysis of the situation was proven largely correct, for several reasons:

1. The last time we've found Gagium saying the n-word in the FCN server, excluding quoting others and the like, was in July.
  2. The regional flag has been changed away from the confederate flag put in place by the racist crew and replaced with what appears to look like a torch of liberty
  3. The Discord appears to have been cleaned up significantly, in large part due to an act against hate speech passed by the Senate, and pushed by President New Waldensia, who we again note is a moderate conservative,
  4. There has not been a joint FCN-KAISERREICH military operation since the liberation attempt, according to regional officials
We believe that the liberation attempt served as a proper wake-up call for the Federation to fix their ways, and were left in a prime situation to do so following the treason of the fascists. Though we are disappointed by the administrative blunders that led to the situation, we believe that the reforms enacted by New Waldensia have been largely successful in shaking off racism from the region. We should, if anything, praise regions that combat toxic and hateful cultures, rather than hold continued grudges against them. Until further evidence comes up suggesting that FCN has not in fact changed its ways, Right to Life will continue to cooperate with them -- and we hope that every region infiltrated by racism will take the path that New Waldensia and others did, and deal with it head-on. It is a long road to reconciliation, and we've had serious talks with FCN officials about preventing this behaviour in the future. We asked for specific reforms. We watch their Discord. In short, we will continue to monitor their progress on the matter.

In the meantime, yes, we will cooperate with the Federation, particularly on anti-fascist operations. We're more than slightly confused that Right to Life is being condemned for an anti-fascist operation, particularly when said operations help to promote a desired culture in the FCN -- one of anti-fascist conservatism. Feel free to contact me if you need more clarification.

United Massachusetts
Senator, Right to Life

EDIT: On a more practical note, we're still looking for pilers in Asnaria if anyone wants to help.

Right. So now 'Gagium hasn't increased his 880+ N-word count since July, he's off the hook'. Saying the N-word once is bad enough. The FCN's Army of Freedom has raided leftist regions. They've annexed Land of Marxism, from which I knew before wasn't even hard-left gulag communist. (and even then, it should not warrant a raid)

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:11 am

North Soviet EastAsia wrote:Right. So now 'Gagium hasn't increased his 880+ N-word count since July, he's off the hook'. Saying the N-word once is bad enough. The FCN's Army of Freedom has raided leftist regions. They've annexed Land of Marxism, from which I knew before wasn't even hard-left gulag communist. (and even then, it should not warrant a raid)

Emphasis mine. Because god forbid we attack authoritarian communist regions as well, because they're the "right" kind of authoritarianism.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:49 am

We never said Gagium was off the hook. We've been watching him and have pretty severely reprimanded him. We're also willing to give him a chance to correct his behaviour, as he has appeared willing to do.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:19 am

North Soviet EastAsia wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:OK, I'm going to take a moment here to hash out a full reply.

United Massachusetts
Senator, Right to Life

The FCN's Army of Freedom has raided leftist regions. They've annexed Land of Marxism, from which I knew before wasn't even hard-left gulag communist. (and even then, it should not warrant a raid)

Well sound the alarm, traditional raider regions are all fascists because they raid leftist regions! And not just authoritarian leftist regions too!
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:22 am

The left needs to learn that the world isn't divided into fascists and their left wing opponents.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:23 am

Aclion wrote:The left needs to learn that the world isn't divided into fascists and their left wing opponents.

Only a fascist could say such a thing.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:03 am

Aclion wrote:The left needs to learn that the world isn't divided into fascists and their left wing opponents.

You need to learn that statements like that belong in General.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:06 am

Yokiria wrote:

Considering the fact that there are some people who are accusing the region that I reside in as being "fascist", I think that statement has some room here at this time.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:46 am

Yokiria wrote:

The statement is perfectly fine where it is; I think it's clear that in this context, "left" refers specifically to militant leftist groups.

The Conservative Army
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Conservative Army » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Army of Freedom
1-08-19 Update

With elections in the Federation of Conservative Nations quickly approaching, the future of the Army of Freedom leadership remains uncertain. Neither the Sons of Adam nor the Conservative Party have clearly specified a Secretary of War candidate. Nationalist Party Presidential candidate Creeperopolis has initially offered a second term to Gagium, who has turned down the offer. The current confirmed options for appointment are Doge Republics and Furbish Islands.

Meanwhile, the Army of Freedom is preparing for the end to its current military operation, and plans for further operations up until leadership changes are being discussed. The AoF’s discord bot has also seen renovations recently, and plans to add more features to the server’s bot which could drastically change the server itself are being planned by developer Furbish Islands.

Telegram The Conservative Army for inquiries or Army of Freedom-related matters.
Last edited by The Conservative Army on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 pm

The operation is Asnaria is complete.

https://www.nationstates.net/region=asnaria

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I never said it was OK, I'm saying the information is probably out of date. If you want coherent information on what was going on, then speak with the government officials.

The same government officials who say the N-word.

Not anymore they don't. Also, let me just pretend that you aren't a poster that is cowering behind a puppet.

Edit:
United Massachusetts wrote:The operation is Asnaria is complete.

https://www.nationstates.net/region=asnaria

Glad to see it was a success.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:The same government officials who say the N-word.

Not anymore they don't. Also, let me just pretend that you aren't a poster that is cowering behind a puppet.

They aren't cowering behind a puppet. I can confirm as much

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Such a fun bunch
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

The Conservative Army
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Conservative Army » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Army of Freedom
1-19-19 Update

Elections in the Federation of Conservative Nations have ended, leading to President Creeperopolis's election by a wide margin and leadership changes within the Army of Freedom. Doge Republics has been appointed by the new Commander in Chief as the region's Secretary of War, being confirmed unanimously by the FCN's senate. Rivine was appointed to the office of Deputy Secretary of War yesterday.

The new Army of Freedom leadership boasts early activity after structural changes, with the regions of United Peoples Union and The Righteous Cult of Socalism being swiftly refounded by the Deputy Secretary. President Creeperopolis has also announced several work-in-progress factbook changes and new rank insignia.

The new President campaigned on improving military ties with the Federation's allies and friends, as well as introducing several treaties with our allies to strengthen relations and interregional cooperation in the long term.

Telegram The Conservative Army for inquiries or Army of Freedom-related matters.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Refounding 2 CTE regions isn't exactly something to boast about. You're good at raiding a target but you need to get better at holding them. Or don't :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay