NATION

PASSWORD

Beef is again being served

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

Your propaganda efforts are top-notch, as always, Milo.

Your credibility is zero.

And per Milo's request yet again, "NPO Delenda Est."
Last edited by Yokiria on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 am

Yokiria wrote:Your propaganda efforts are top-notch, as always, Milo.

Your credibility is zero.

Like I said in the other thread, I can't take you seriously unless your post says "NPO Delenda Est."

Right now, you're just like all the other armchair slacktivists who say they want change in The Pacific, but aren't putting "NPO Delenda Est" in their sigs to do something about it. You're exactly the reason Gameplay is stale. Be better.

EDIT:
Yokiria wrote:And per Milo's request yet again, "NPO Delenda Est."

Thank you for becoming a part of the solution, Yokiria. I look forward to seeing you at the kibbutz.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fishmonger4Lyfe | AKA Milograd, Vanquisher of Vegans | NPO Delenda Est
Region: Azhukali | I co-founded, and then completely abandoned II Wiki | Discord: #NSSanctuary
Former NPO Senator of Getting The Region in Trouble
Eternal Delegate-Hero of The South Pacific and Somewhat-Forgiven Chairman-Traitorlord in Lazarus
Former II Roleplaying Mentor
Author of a bunch of SC resolutions (not an accomplishment), one GA resolution (would be an accomplishment, except Douria did all the work), and an issue about suicide-by-train (I'm very proud of this)
LAZARUSDEATH - My first RP since 2012

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 am

Milozoldyck wrote:I would know better about what happened than any outsiders, including yourself. But like I said on Discord, the truth doesn't matter, because I just told you it, and you're not convinced. You and the entire "NPO Delenda Est" crowd are trying to get Lord of Darkness and The Pacific to give you something that doesn't exist -- that is, a truth or a response that will satisfy you.

Disagreed. What I do want is my region to be safe. And that is what you keep trying to deny. You keep on saying that this means change, that it were just a bunch of rogues - but they're empty words. This happened before and the NPO promised change. What happened? Oh yeah, they did it again but on a larger scale. You say it were a bunch of rogues ruining it - but all your higher ups tolerated it. We aren't talking about isolated incidents; we're talking about a pattern, and a culture that exists around that pattern.

I'm not concerned that I need a different "truth". I want my home to be safe. And that is something the NPO fails to promise me. I'm not out against the Pacific. I'm out against the NPO, since I see no option other then take the fight to them. You and your comrades brought war on us. Now we're bringing it back to you.

You have lied, subverted and broken your promises every time you made them. Is it truly that unreasonable for us to no longer believe your words, which have time and time again been proven to be hollow?

Let me turn this around: I attack your region, attempt to destroy it and make it my own region's colony. Then I fail and promise not to do it again. Then I do it again. and again. and again. What would you do? allow me into your region after my last promise? or would you fight me, to protect your home?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 am

Even if the problem originated with you, Milo, it seems to have grown beyond your influence and control and has dug its roots deeply within the NPO itself. All the details coming out about the NPO recently are starting to paint a scene to me that the NPO is not nearly as unified and ironclad as its exterior attempts to portray, and that there seems to be a silent struggle between internal factions: one that appeals to peace and decorum, and one that appeals to demogoguery and jingoism. While I have high hopes for LoD's reform, I feel he's going to have an uphill battle ahead of him, and his greatest opponents are going to be none other than his own subjects. So long as there remains individuals in the NPO who presume they know what's better for the NPO than their own Emperor, and nurture cults of personality that swear greater allegiance to dissenters than to their Emperor, the NPO is going to continue to suffer and strain; not just within its own rank and file, but also amongst the rest of the NS community, who will remain ever guarded and cautious so long as rogue elements within the NPO do not appear to be sufficiently squashed.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 am

Armaros wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:I would know better about what happened than any outsiders, including yourself. But like I said on Discord, the truth doesn't matter, because I just told you it, and you're not convinced. You and the entire "NPO Delenda Est" crowd are trying to get Lord of Darkness and The Pacific to give you something that doesn't exist -- that is, a truth or a response that will satisfy you.

Disagreed. What I do want is my region to be safe. And that is what you keep trying to deny. You keep on saying that this means change, that it were just a bunch of rogues - but they're empty words.

Uh, remember the part of the OP's logs where I said "talk doesn't matter?"

Milo Zoldyck Today at 4:20 AM
At least, as I understand it. Which brings me back to my original point: That talk means nothing.

Armaros wrote:This happened before and the NPO promised change. What happened? Oh yeah, they did it again but on a larger scale. You say it were a bunch of rogues ruining it - but all your higher ups tolerated it. We aren't talking about isolated incidents; we're talking about a pattern, and a culture that exists around that pattern.

Uh, yeah. That's all true. I never disagreed.

I'm asking you to clarify what you want The Pacific to do about it. No one has an answer except war. And that would be fine, if only they knew what they wanted from the war. But they don't.

Armaros wrote:I'm not out against the Pacific. I'm out against the NPO, since I see no option other then take the fight to them. You and your comrades brought war on us. Now we're bringing it back to you.

How inspirational.

Armaros wrote:You have lied, subverted and broken your promises every time you made them. Is it truly that unreasonable for us to no longer believe your words, which have time and time again been proven to be hollow?

Did you take the time to read this thread before submitting your opinion? Because I acknowledged that it's extremely reasonable.

The point of this thread is to say that the war is a pointless and waste-of-breath farce. You're not saying anything to the contrary.

Armaros wrote:Let me turn this around: I attack your region, attempt to destroy it and make it my own region's colony. Then I fail and promise not to do it again. Then I do it again. and again. and again. What would you do? allow me into your region after my last promise? or would you fight me, to protect your home?

Fighting the Pacific is really cool. But what does fighting the Pacific actually mean? What are you going to be doing? What are you hoping to see happen? How much time did you take to actually read this thread?

Also, I'm only responding to you because your post says "NPO Delenda Est" on the technicality that you quoted it. Next time you should consider saying "NPO Delenda Est" in your post in your own words. This war is very serious. Show some heart.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Azhukali | I co-founded, and then completely abandoned II Wiki | Discord: #NSSanctuary
Eternal Delegate-Hero of The South Pacific and Somewhat-Forgiven Chairman-Traitorlord in Lazarus
Author of a bunch of SC resolutions (not an accomplishment), one GA resolution (would be an accomplishment, except Douria did all the work), and an issue about suicide-by-train (I'm very proud of this)

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

The Gilded Star wrote:Even if the problem originated with you, Milo, it seems to have grown beyond your influence and control and has dug its roots deeply within the NPO itself. All the details coming out about the NPO recently are starting to paint a scene to me that the NPO is not nearly as unified and ironclad as its exterior attempts to portray, and that there seems to be a silent struggle between internal factions: one that appeals to peace and decorum, and one that appeals to demogoguery and jingoism. While I have high hopes for LoD's reform, I feel he's going to have an uphill battle ahead of him, and his greatest opponents are going to be none other than his own subjects. So long as there remains individuals in the NPO who presume they know what's better for the NPO than their own Emperor, and nurture cults of personality that swear greater allegiance to dissenters than to their Emperor, the NPO is going to continue to suffer and strain; not just within its own rank and file, but also amongst the rest of the NS community, who will remain ever guarded and cautious so long as rogue elements within the NPO do not appear to be sufficiently squashed.

Please edit "NPO Delenda Est" into your post if you want me to respond seriously. Once you do so and I'm assured of your concern for GCR sovereignty, I'll edit this post and respond to your sentiments with my full attention.

War is very serious business, and I can't waste my written ammunition on soldiers who don't even have enough heart to put "NPO Delenda Est" in all of their posts.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 am

Milozoldyck wrote:Please edit "NPO Delenda Est" into your post if you want me to respond seriously. Once you do so and I'm assured of your concern for GCR sovereignty, I'll edit this post and respond to your sentiments with my full attention.

War is very serious business, and I can't waste my written ammunition on soldiers who don't even have enough heart to put "NPO Delenda Est" in all of their posts.

Can we split it down the middle and settle on "Milo Delenda Est"? You seem more partial and flattered to that one, and I aim to please.

As quoting the battlecry earned Armaros one free response, I humbly request like and equal treatment for this inquiry above. Thank you.
Last edited by The Gilded Star on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am

The Gilded Star wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:Please edit "NPO Delenda Est" into your post if you want me to respond seriously. Once you do so and I'm assured of your concern for GCR sovereignty, I'll edit this post and respond to your sentiments with my full attention.

Can we split it down the middle and settle on "Milo Delenda Est"? You seem more partial and flattered to that one, and I aim to please.

As quoting the battlecry earned Armaros one free response, I humbly request like and equal treatment for this post. Thank you.

Armaros didn't know that quoting "NPO Delenda Est" is sufficient. You do.

Surely you're not trying to get away with repeating a mistake that was made by some other person, right?

That's awfully Pacifican, according to Gameplay.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armaros
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 am

Milozoldyck wrote:I'm asking you to clarify what you want The Pacific to do about it. No one has an answer except war. And that would be fine, if only they knew what they wanted from the war. But they don't.

What I want the Pacific to do about it? Get rid of the NPO. Get rid of the culture of subversion and couping the NPO has built. The NPO has proven it can't or won't change, and thus the only way for the Pacific to change is to get rid of it.

The point of this thread is to say that the war is a pointless and waste-of-breath farce. You're not saying anything to the contrary.

You think the war is a waste of time, fine. I'm not argueing against that since I know you'll keep saying that for eternity.

Armaros wrote:Let me turn this around: I attack your region, attempt to destroy it and make it my own region's colony. Then I fail and promise not to do it again. Then I do it again. and again. and again. What would you do? allow me into your region after my last promise? or would you fight me, to protect your home?

Fighting the Pacific is really cool. But what does fighting the Pacific actually mean? What are you going to be doing? What are you hoping to see happen? How much time did you take to actually read this thread?

That... still doesn't answer the question. But I'll respond: what it means? A chance to show we won't allow this to happen again. What we're going to be doing? Fairly certain the NPO has figured out what we're doing by now. What are you hoping to see happen? That my home is no longer threatened by the NPO. How muh time I took to read this thread? Didn't specifically time it, but in between the 20 and 30 minutes.

On your request: "NPO delenda est"

(I apologise for the typos and other mistakes I made. It's not that easy to post from mobile)
An average Jo.
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am

Armaros wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:I'm asking you to clarify what you want The Pacific to do about it. No one has an answer except war. And that would be fine, if only they knew what they wanted from the war. But they don't.

What I want the Pacific to do about it? Get rid of the NPO.

That's a bingo! You finally said what everyone else wants, but won't admit.

Armaros wrote:You think the war is a waste of time, fine. I'm not argueing against that since I know you'll keep saying that for eternity.

This represents exactly what I'm mocking, lol. You're telling me two things in your post:

1) That you're arguing that you want the NPO gone
2) That you're not arguing that war is a waste of time

Everyone and their dead grandmother who played this game in 2003 knows that the NPO isn't going anywhere, so trying to make it happen is a waste of time. So, if that's your goal, what's the point of this war?

The one intriguing thing you're doing is not disagreeing that war is a waste of time.

Armaros wrote:That... still doesn't answer the question. But I'll respond: what it means? A chance to show we won't allow this to happen again. What we're going to be doing? Fairly certain the NPO has figured out what we're doing by now.

RE: The underlined. I respect that. It must not happen again, and you are right to want to prevent it from happening again.

RE: The bold. Gonna be real with you, dude, I don't know if "the NPO has figured out what [you're] doing by now."

Why does it seem as though no one is capable of spelling out what this war is actually gonna look like? Is it classified or something?

Armaros wrote:What are you hoping to see happen? That my home is no longer threatened by the NPO. How muh time I took to read this thread? Didn't specifically time it, but in between the 20 and 30 minutes.

Okay. With the underlined, we've established an abstract goal. Let's get specific. Besides the NPO not existing, what would assure you that your home is no longer threatened by the NPO? A New Emperor? A New Senate? Is there anything that would appease you?

I suspect not.

RE: 20-30 minutes

If that's true, thank you for taking the time to read this thread and give me your thoughts. I am legitimately appreciative. :)

I know that I'm a dick, so it might seem like I'm being ironic: I'm not being ironic. Thank you.

Armaros wrote:On your request: "NPO delenda est"

That's the spirit. Onward in the glorious march to GCR harmony!

Armaros wrote:(I apologise for the typos and other mistakes I made. It's not that easy to post from mobile)

No worries. I'll even concede that you probably can't articulate yourself as thoroughly as you'd like because you're not on a phone. Feel free to point out instances where you feel that is the case, if you happen to feel that way. The goal of this thread is to establish truth, not to "outdo" you in an argument or anything like that. I want to hear your best, and most complete, thoughts.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 am, edited 8 times in total.

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:
Armaros wrote:What I want the Pacific to do about it? Get rid of the NPO.

Are you actually unaware of what "NPO Delenda Est" means, or willfully ignorant so you could use the GIF and play "Gotcha!"?
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Kanaia wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:(Image)

Are you actually unaware of what "NPO Delenda Est" means, or willfully ignorant so you could use the GIF and play "Gotcha!"?

...no. I'm clearly aware of what it means. Read the thread.

EDIT: I like the quote in your sig, by the way.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Kanaia wrote:

I mean, everybody is technically saying "LET'S DESTROY THE NPO YO" but whether or not they actually believe that and aren't just repeating it because it's a slogan isn't guaranteed.
Malphe Vytherov

Armaros
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:
Armaros wrote:What I want the Pacific to do about it? Get rid of the NPO.

Not entirely sure if I revealed anything big. "NPO delenda est", the slogan, means basically as much.

Armaros wrote:You think the war is a waste of time, fine. I'm not argueing against that since I know you'll keep saying that for eternity.

This represents exactly what I'm mocking, lol. You're telling me two things in your post:

Everyone and their dead grandmother who played this game in 2003 knows that the NPO isn't going anywhere, so trying to make it happen is a waste of time. So, if that's your goal, what's the point of this war?

The one intriguing thing you're doing is not disagreeing that war is a waste of time.

Might just be me again... but if I would agree, as you seem to imply, why would I be fighting in it?

Armaros wrote:That... still doesn't answer the question. But I'll respond: what it means? A chance to show we won't allow this to happen again. What we're going to be doing? Fairly certain the NPO has figured out what we're doing by now.

RE: The underlined. I respect that. It must not happen again, and you are right to want to prevent it from happening again.

RE: The bold. Gonna be real with you, dude, I don't know if "the NPO has figured out what [you're] doing by now."

Why does it seem as though no one is capable of spelling out what this war is actually gonna look like? Is it classified or something?

I mean, why would I tell the enemy how I'm going to fight the enemy?

Armaros wrote:What are you hoping to see happen? That my home is no longer threatened by the NPO. How muh time I took to read this thread? Didn't specifically time it, but in between the 20 and 30 minutes.

Okay. With the underlined, we've established an abstract goal. Let's get specific. Besides the NPO not existing, what would assure you that your home is no longer threatened by the NPO? A New Emperor? A New Senate? Is there anything that would appease you?

I suspect not.

I suspect you're right. The NPO has destroyed it's base of trust entirely. We've already had new emperors, new senate, but eventually the people who subvert are allowed to come back. I don't think the NPO is trustworthy ever again, or should be cknsidered so. Too much has happened for that.

RE: 20-30 minutes

If that's true, thank you for taking the time to read this thread and give me your thoughts. I am legitimately appreciative. :)

I know that I'm a dick, so it might seem like I'm being ironic: I'm not being ironic. Thank you.

I don't think you're a dick, you're just defending a cause you deem right, as am I (attempting to). Don't think you're being ironic either.
An average Jo.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Malphe wrote:
Kanaia wrote:Are you actually unaware of what "NPO Delenda Est" means, or willfully ignorant so you could use the GIF and play "Gotcha!"?

I mean, everybody is technically saying "LET'S DESTROY THE NPO YO" but whether or not they actually believe that and aren't just repeating it because it's a slogan isn't guaranteed.

You might read it that way, but I think you're incorrect, honestly. Were I a Pacifican, I'd be pretty happy to hear people saying "Let's destroy the NPO." Because a true war would give them something to do. Personally, it'd give me propaganda pieces to write.

Instead, though, we have this "NPO Delenda Est" charade, which isn't a war. It's a joke, and there's no punch or line to it. No force, no organization. It's just a tantrum, akin to #NeverTrump but on NS. A true NPO Delenda Est movement would've organized itself and thrown the kitchen sink at The Pacific, which, once upon a time, is what The Pacific actually faced and prevailed over.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Armaros wrote:

Not entirely sure if I revealed anything big. "NPO delenda est", the slogan, means basically as much.

My interpretation of the direct translation, the way "delenda est" is used in modern times, and the actions of the NPO Delenda Est movement have led me to believe the contrary. Nonetheless, I was mostly being cheeky.

... Perhaps I did just want to use that gif. :P

Armaros wrote:

Everyone and their dead grandmother who played this game in 2003 knows that the NPO isn't going anywhere, so trying to make it happen is a waste of time.

Might just be me again... but if I would agree, as you seem to imply, why would I be fighting in it?

Honestly? Because you're a sheeple retweeter in this conflict. Or whatever the singular version of "sheeple" is.

Let me ask you two serious and important questions.

1) What role do you see yourself playing in this war?
2) How is your involvement going to directly help the war's outcome?

From my perspective -- and I could be wrong -- it seems like the extent of your involvement in the war is the NS equivalent of retweeting #NeverTrump. You're not really doing anything, but your retweet is essential to helping a few people snag interviews on CNN. The movement you're a part of has a life of its own that, ultimately, you are completely insignificant to. If the goal is NPO DELENDA EST, any meaningful action requires a masterclass stroke of genius which I can't see your retweets or WA endorsement impacting.

Now ... if the goal is NPO IN ST ABBADDON REMOVAL EST or NPO LOSE EMBASSIES AND HAVE GAMEPLAY DEBATES EST, then I'll concede that you're actually quite valuable. But if those are the goals, then the NDE rhetoric should match NDE action ... oh, and they're losing. St Abbaddon continues to identify itself as an NPO protectorate, and I still see a NPO banner atop the Pacific. Pacific victory is everywhere. When can we expect to see those things change?

Does the massive wave of justice that is "NPO Delenda Est" need more time to come to fruition? Or are they just full of crap, like I suspect*?

* Notice that I say suspect in this case, and not know.

Armaros wrote:I suspect you're right. The NPO has destroyed it's base of trust entirely. We've already had new emperors, new senate, but eventually the people who subvert are allowed to come back. I don't think the NPO is trustworthy ever again, or should be cknsidered so. Too much has happened for that.

Welcome to the light, comrade. It is true that the NPO cannot be trusted ever again, or at least for a very long time. It's my/Feux/AMOM/etc's fault.

With that said, I think you're being used as a pawn in a game whose objective has nothing to do with actually destroying the NPO, but with regional influence and solidifying personal stakes in the overarching GP narrative. Want proof? Notice the role Lazarus plays in the narrative about why the NPO must be destroyed ... and compare it with Lazarus' Foreign Affairs. Everyone says that NPO subversion of Lazarus is a big reason why they're fighting this war, and meanwhile Lazarus itself hasn't even declared war on The Pacific!

Why the heck are non-Lazarenes more passionate about "protecting Lazarus" than Lazarus is?

Everyone at the top of NPO Delenda Est knows the NPO won't be destroyed. They're playing a game, and it's a game I consider very lame. If you're truly as passionate about NPO Delenda Est being right as I am about NPO Delenda Est being moronic, then I challenge you to locate a leading figure in NPO Delenda Est and ask them how you can help overthrow the New Pacific Order today. Hit up Cormac or Souls. Or even Europeia. Hear what they have to say and then follow their orders for the next month. Then come back and tell me whether you feel like a pawn.

Maybe you will feel like a pawn. Maybe you won't. I can't say for sure how you'll feel. But I'm pretty sure I know what you'll be.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Infiltrator 184
Civilian

Founded: Dec 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Infiltrator 184 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:Does the massive wave of justice that is "NPO Delenda Est" need more time to come to fruition? Or are they just full of crap, like I suspect*?

I'm not supposed to tell you this, but there is a serious effort led by Ever-Wandering Souls. The group has already found 600 people(read:endorsements) and they are waiting for the best moment to strike and instate Souls as Delegate of The Pacific. And there is nothing you can do about this.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Infiltrator 184 wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:Does the massive wave of justice that is "NPO Delenda Est" need more time to come to fruition? Or are they just full of crap, like I suspect*?

I'm not supposed to tell you this, but there is a serious effort led by Ever-Wandering Souls. The group has already found 600 people(read:endorsements) and they are waiting for the best moment to strike and instate Souls as Delegate of The Pacific. And there is nothing you can do about this.

Well then the NPO is utterly fucked (probably), and I congratulate you on a job well done.

NPO Delenda Est! :lol:

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Oh dear
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

I'm going to sleep now, but....

Postby Milozoldyck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:13 pm

I'm going to sleep now, but...

I welcome more nations to hop in this thread and write about why they support NPO Delenda Est / why I'm wrong about something.

When I wake up, I will answer every single one of your posts thoroughly. Please show respect by putting "NPO Delenda Est" in your posts though.

I have all the time in the world to talk! :) Since it seems that the extent of NPO Delenda Est's existence is being an NS Hashtag, rather than an actual effort to arm the fuck up and fight a proper war, I'm happy to engage every single retweeter about their grievances.

This is a lot of fun, and there's plenty more juicy beef to go around. Everyone eats.

Last edited by Milozoldyck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm

It would behoove you to be a little more subtle in your efforts to demoralize people. The folks actually helping with this know the plan, and know it won't be over in a month. They know there's a lot of work ahead, but it's not impossible, just difficult, and we're all in it for the long haul ;)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:Everyone at the top of NPO Delenda Est knows the NPO won't be destroyed. They're playing a game, and it's a game I consider very lame. If you're truly as passionate about NPO Delenda Est being right as I am about NPO Delenda Est being moronic, then I challenge you to locate a leading figure in NPO Delenda Est and ask them how you can help overthrow the New Pacific Order today. Hit up Cormac or Souls. Or even Europeia. Hear what they have to say and then follow their orders for the next month. Then come back and tell me whether you feel like a pawn.

Maybe you will feel like a pawn. Maybe you won't. I can't say for sure how you'll feel. But I'm pretty sure I know what you'll be.

Who cares if I'm a pawn or not? If I'm having fun doing it, then I don't necessarily care what I'm defined. What's the point of playing if there is no fun involved?

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:You might read it that way, but I think you're incorrect, honestly. Were I a Pacifican, I'd be pretty happy to hear people saying "Let's destroy the NPO." Because a true war would give them something to do. Personally, it'd give me propaganda pieces to write.

Instead, though, we have this "NPO Delenda Est" charade, which isn't a war. It's a joke, and there's no punch or line to it. No force, no organization. It's just a tantrum, akin to #NeverTrump but on NS. A true NPO Delenda Est movement would've organized itself and thrown the kitchen sink at The Pacific, which, once upon a time, is what The Pacific actually faced and prevailed over.

I read this as saying the NPO needs a common cause to bring it together, and a war would do just that. The war being as such insinuates a lack of unification to be found elsewhere, which suggests impending lethargy within the NPO's ranks. This could be beneficial to the NPO's opponents, whether directly or indirectly. I can think of no finer (and thematically appropriate) proverb in this case than, "The talented hawk hides its claws."

Milozoldyck wrote:St Abbaddon continues to identify itself as an NPO protectorate, and I still see a NPO banner atop the Pacific. Pacific victory is everywhere. When can we expect to see those things change?

Let's be fair here, declaring Pacifican victory because it wasn't immediately collapsed at the moment the lines were drawn is unrealistic. Not to mention it's unfair to imply the NPO, in its undeniable extent and influence, of being so fragile as to be undone without a laborious undertaking to do so. Or that a large and coordinated amalgamation of independent factions and nations can be accomplished in trivially short time. As speaks the NPO's own Tribune: "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

Milozoldyck wrote:Maybe you will feel like a pawn. Maybe you won't. I can't say for sure how you'll feel. But I'm pretty sure I know what you'll be.

A general without soldiers is just a man, and soldiers without a general are just a mob. Every cog and wheel has its place in the great machine, and to denigrate one in favor of another does achievement a great disservice.

PS, my refusal to post the battlecry is not intended as disrespect towards you, but as you said yourself, it should be said with commitment. Currently my only commitment is to my own desires. If this makes me unworthy of further replies, that is quite fine! I speak my ostentatious tripe mostly for myself not just for you, but for all who graciously suffer through it.
Last edited by The Gilded Star on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I feel as though this OP draws a lot of credit away from Feux's involvement in Lazarus and the NPO. But it was certainly a fun and interesting read.

I've said as much to any NPOer who will listen before though: you want to be Emperor? Suck up or shut up. Participate, and you're an accessory to the inevitable backlash. You have to be an opportunist, an obstructionist, a sycophant, and a sloth; you have to play dumb and watch what you say and to who you say it. That's the only way to become Emperor - and don't expect it to happen in under a decade.

The NS cell of the organization is a paranoia-fueled kakistocracy that cannibalizes itself. It's the Peter Principle in action.
Last edited by Unibot III on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

United Provinces of Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Provinces of Atlantica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Unibot III wrote:The NS cell of the organization is a paranoia-fueled kakistocracy that cannibalizes itself. It's the Peter Principle in action.

I'd argue that it's more like the Dilbert Principle, but I otherwise don't disagree with you on this matter :p
Citizen of Lazarus
The Most Serene Confederation of Vasturia: FactbookConstitutionReligionOther
Warden in The Grey Wardens - Join Today!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay