NATION

PASSWORD

House of Rahl Christmas Cards

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Fauxia wrote:Wasn’t Wrektopia a Rahl at some point or am I insane?

Well, those aren’t mutually exclusive, but my question remains.

Adytus and Wrektopia were both Rahls, as I remember. I don't have any reason to believe the family wasn't as hurtfully deceived as anyone else. They were infiltrated, the Rahls were victims of opportunist spies in this case from everything I know. I would caution using those two as a card against them.
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 am

The Rahl Family wrote:This year, we sent even more people and promise to do everything we can to ensure you never get locked in by the trappings of democracy!

Reads kinda like a threat to me. Maybe we should just proscribe everyone in the Rahl family.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 am

Reventus Koth wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Wasn’t Wrektopia a Rahl at some point or am I insane?

Well, those aren’t mutually exclusive, but my question remains.

Adytus and Wrektopia were both Rahls, as I remember. I don't have any reason to believe the family wasn't as hurtfully deceived as anyone else. They were infiltrated, the Rahls were victims of opportunist spies in this case from everything I know. I would caution using those two as a card against them.

I can confirm that we were infiltrated by these false identities. If we were aware of their identities, Altino and I wouldn't be quite so angry about the whole debacle, now would we?
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 am

You do have the infiltration of Osiris to be upset over.
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 am

Consular wrote:
The Rahl Family wrote:This year, we sent even more people and promise to do everything we can to ensure you never get locked in by the trappings of democracy!

Reads kinda like a threat to me. Maybe we should just proscribe everyone in the Rahl family.

Let's not overreact. It was a tasteless joke they apologized for within three hours. I was pretty mad about it too, but it's not worth proscribing the Delegates of three GCRs, and many government officials of those GCRs, all of whom have been friendly toward Lazarus since Imki became Delegate.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 am

King Bradley wrote:You do have the infiltration of Osiris to be upset over.

Correct. I think that you would realize that if I knew who Wrektopia and Adytus were, then it wouldn't have been an infiltration as such because I would have known who Wrektopia and Adytus were.

That's the point I'm trying to make.
An even stranger war

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aenglaland » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 am

Uh, is this a sort of cheap (and sad) copy of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" or...?
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 am

It’s starting to seem that way the more I become familiar with them.

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am

Syberis wrote:
King Bradley wrote:You do have the infiltration of Osiris to be upset over.

Correct. I think that you would realize that if I knew who Wrektopia and Adytus were, then it wouldn't have been an infiltration as such because I would have known who Wrektopia and Adytus were.

The infiltration of your family is the same as the infiltration of your region? The plot thickens.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am

King Bradley wrote:
Syberis wrote:

The infiltration of your family is the same as the infiltration of your region? The plot thickens.

No, I'm saying that it was done by the same people, so if I knew the identities of them in one place, I would thus know their identities in the other. Is that so difficult to understand?
An even stranger war

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am

And the concept of being mad at them for different reasons is apparently beyond your grasp.

2SDOATS
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 2SDOATS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:09 am

Syberis wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:

I can confirm that we were infiltrated by these false identities. If we were aware of their identities, Altino and I wouldn't be quite so angry about the whole debacle, now would we?

I didnt know you started speaking for Altino... I thought she was a free being? It's nice to see that you never change from the Syb I've grown to know, stay well kiddo.
"Sorry the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society couldn’t come up with a better argument." - Pierconium

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am

2SDOATS wrote:
Syberis wrote:

I didnt know you started speaking for Altino... I thought she was a free being? It's nice to see that you never change from the Syb I've grown to know, stay well kiddo.

Toads, I think it goes without saying we aren't friendly enough for you to call me kiddo.
An even stranger war

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Can you cite literally one example of them saying they're "an RP family"? I think they've said they're apolitical, but most of them hate RPing, so I'm fairly sure none of them have ever said that. Not that it would be even a little bit uncommon for you to just be making things up. It's what you do.

Note that none of this is a defense of the Rahl family's claim to being apolitical. It's just I think you're full of it when it comes to this "RP family" thing.

Every single time I've brought up to the fact that the Rahl family is just Empire with a new coat of paint, I've been called a conspiracy theorist. I've been told by many people, most of them Rahls themselves, that Empire is dead, Rahl is just a social club, they don't even do GP.

• In June 2017, Neenee was on TSP's Discord saying that Empire "is not a thing anymore." When Roavin cheekily pointed out that it's just called Rahl now, Neenee said, "No, it isn't."
  • Again, June 2017. I was posting about my severe skepticism about Rahls in TSP, when you chimed in to say there was no reason to be skeptical, and that Rahl and Empire were two completely separate things. I even pointed out that "normal cute NS families don't run intel missions" and you called me Alex Jones for it.
  • In that same conversation, Yuno refers to the Rahl family as a "cute little roleplay with no political motives." This is the same way she always described the Rahl family to me, every time I brought up that the Rahl family can't be trusted.
  • When I made a point about Rahl family members being complicit when they learn of plans by Rahl leadership to infiltrate and yet don't say anything and stay in the family... Drall commented back that there was "nothing to indicate Rahl has *that* sort of agenda." Downplaying the shadiness of the family.
  • Drall described Rahl as an "IC family with OOC friendships" that never had any intentions of "making a move on any region"

I literally have months worth people -- including you! -- downplaying the nefarious nature of the Rahl family every time I've brought it up over the past 2 or so years. So nah, don't pull that ish now. The whole reason that Empire is proscribed in TSP, but Rahl is not, is because Drall, Yuno, yourself, and others always pushed back and fed the argument that the Rahl family was benign, just a social club, and it was conspiracy mongering to even mention Empire and Rahl in the same sentence.

"RP family" does not mean they're sitting down with character cards playing out a fantasy story.

Anyways, glad the consensus nowadays seems to be that Rahl isn't just some innocent apolitical family that doesn't do GP.
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altinsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 pm

The Rahl Family wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I'm going to assume that because the majority of the Rahl family are mature, intelligent individuals, I won't have to wait long for the rogue element among them who is responsible for this post to be explained the plethora of reasons why this was the least appropriate or funny joke to be making given the political climate in NSGP right now. I gotta also assume it won't take long for that individual to issue an apology for mocking Lazarus and clearly stating their intents to subvert their government. Since I've always understood the Rahl family to be a non-political entity of friends that have insisted they're not affiliated with the type of GCR imperialism that certain other groups (which have been facing some relatively serious blowback, coincidentally) have been known to engage in.

It would definitely surprise me to learn that this characterization of the Rahl family is not entirely accurate. And not in a good way. At all.

We realize this card was a joke in very frivolous taste and poor timing. Lazarus has endured a great deal of strain and anguish the past year and certainly shouldn't be the butt of any joke - whatever the intent. We were rightly called out on it and we apologize to Lazarus.

In very bad taste. I'm going to have to have "Let the Sinkers live,"' engraved on my tombstone. Can't even catch a break in my own family anymore. :|

For the record, this statement does not reflect the views of Rahl at large. Imki has done a fantastic job in Lazarus - however her methods, they have worked. Clearly one of us thought we were more of a monument to humor than we actually are. <.< Jokes not so much going over heads as falling flat at our feet... let Laz be happy!!
Altino Asteorra
Karma Sage
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Consular wrote:Reads kinda like a threat to me. Maybe we should just proscribe everyone in the Rahl family.

Let's not overreact. It was a tasteless joke they apologized for within three hours. I was pretty mad about it too, but it's not worth proscribing the Delegates of three GCRs, and many government officials of those GCRs, all of whom have been friendly toward Lazarus since Imki became Delegate.

Wasn't being serious. :p

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Why is everyone so on edge? :P

Imkiville
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imkiville » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 am

For what it's worth, I chuckled. I do have a notoriously bad sense of humour though. :P
Anarqueen, Graphic Artist, and General Pain in the Ass.

Also known as Imki, Imkihca, Imkitopia, etc.

The Seeker of Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Seeker of Power » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 am

If anything, this Rahl X-Mas Cards are entertaining. You should get one out to each GCR, and make sure they are sharp xD

Tho I must say I do object to define a family as people who like each other. In my Personal Experience, this is not the case.

Cheers, Rahl Crew. Can't wait for more! Sincerely!
Last edited by The Seeker of Power on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Consul of the New Pacific Order
Legatus of the New Pacific Order
Senator of the New Pacific Order

The Dark God of Huggers

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Everything Glen said is incorrect.

2SDOATS
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 2SDOATS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Imkiville wrote:For what it's worth, I chuckled. I do have a notoriously bad sense of humour though. :P

Your sense of humor will get you dos'd imki.... please don't you're my favorite cabalist. :hug:
"Sorry the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society couldn’t come up with a better argument." - Pierconium

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Fedele wrote:Everything Glen said is incorrect.

Can you also tell us something new? :p
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Armaros wrote:
Fedele wrote:Everything Glen said is incorrect.

Can you also tell us something new? :p

The Director of Intelligence for Rahl is my eight year old daughter.

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2016
Capitalizt

Postby The Holy Principality of Saint Mark » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Fedele wrote:
Armaros wrote:Can you also tell us something new? :p

The Director of Intelligence for Rahl is my eight year old daughter.

That's supposed to be confidential! :o
Marcarius Halohin (Halo)
Dragon-Emperor Emeritus of TWP

Priest of Osiris
Founder and Patriarch of Edlhus
Ascended Sage of Karma
Archbishop of Albion
Dean of the Cathedral of Saint Agatha the Squatcher

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark

Terribly Inactive
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terribly Inactive » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Imkiville wrote:For what it's worth, I chuckled. I do have a notoriously bad sense of humour though. :P

Me too. I'd like to believe Lazarus has a sense of humor. People can make fun of us all they want. If we're thriving, we get the last laugh; and if a joker is laughing with us, and not at us, then they can join us in doing so.

Unless you're Hileville, I don't think it's possible to survive in the GCRs without a sense of humor.
Last edited by Terribly Inactive on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay