NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Statement from the New Pacific Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vespertania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 am

The Gilded Star wrote:I don't think others giving TWI a cold reaction for basically saying, "We think it's fun to watch other communities be overthrown and destabilized" is any more unreasonable than Pacificans giving a cold reaction to others saying, "NPO delenda est". When you make light about destroying someone's home and community that they love, there's bound to be a few rustled jimmies about it.

It is when TWI is responding to demands from relative strangers for them to close an embassy they've had with another community for a long time. For no reward (oh wait, there was that one supposed bribe).

They're not an R/D region. They don't follow R/D etiquette.

Wtf does anyone think was going to happen?
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Deltanium wrote:how shitty is the AN?
Shitty enough to give you a Warning for trolling and lock this topic.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am

2SDOATS wrote:Chaos is the only true way to peace with out chaos the people get restless and bored and die. CHAOS IS PEACE and PEACE IS CHAOS.

also peace is a myth .

Yes but people are more comfortable with peace

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am

The Seeker of Power wrote: GP doesn't know what respect is. And this is not directed at Cormac, it was YOU who thought it was. It was directed at GP in general.

Ironic. Coming from a region that had no qualms subverting and blackmailing other regions when they got the chance to. :roll:
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

The Federation of Spokane
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Spokane » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am

I shall ally with the black hawks if needed. The NPO’s ideas are just hairbrained in general and you are basically insulting everyone who has had worked with the black hawks in some way.
The Federation of Spokane
Pronouns: Any
Discord: bigbossg13
URA Deputy Director Of Security
Utrikesminister for Altia, Founding Member
Anterian Ambassador*
Chief Communications Officer for Lands End*
Warzone Trinidad Mafia Enforcer
Posts don't represent any of my region's views unless stated otherwise.
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."

2SDOATS
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 2SDOATS » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 am

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:
2SDOATS wrote:Chaos is the only true way to peace with out chaos the people get restless and bored and die. CHAOS IS PEACE and PEACE IS CHAOS.

also peace is a myth .

Yes but people are more comfortable with peace

People are sheep and drones.

So what the people want is irrelevant.

Only the 1% in ns move GP along, not the people.
"Sorry the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society couldn’t come up with a better argument." - Pierconium

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 am

Vespertania wrote:It is when TWI is responding to demands from relative strangers for them to close an embassy they've had with another community for a long time. For no reward (oh wait, there was that one supposed bribe).

You can be dismissive of those requests without being provocative about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I agree that other regions asking TWI to shut down their relations with NPO "just because" is in poor taste, but what would you yourself expect to happen if the response is, "We refuse your requests for <insert reasonable explanations here>, but also BTW your home being burned to the ground is funny and entertaining to us". That's unnecessary wound-salting of an otherwise respectably neutral response.
Last edited by The Gilded Star on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vespertania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:47 am

The Gilded Star wrote:
Vespertania wrote:It is when TWI is responding to demands from relative strangers for them to close an embassy they've had with another community for a long time. For no reward (oh wait, there was that one supposed bribe).

You can be dismissive of those requests without being provocative about it. It's not hard, man. I mean, don't get me wrong, I agree that other regions asking TWI to shut down their relations with NPO "just because" is in poor taste, but what would you yourself expect to happen if the response is, "We refuse your requests for <insert reasonable explanations here>, but also BTW your home being burned to the ground is funny and entertaining to us". That's unnecessary wound-salting of an otherwise respectably neutral response.

Isn't one of the central reasons for the campaign against the New Pacific Order about defending regional sovereignty, though? Isn't it hypocritical for the side championing this to actively coerce a region to close an embassy against the community's will, thus effectively fucking with their sovereign right of self-determination? How can any anti-NPO coalition remain on moral high ground in this case?
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Deltanium wrote:how shitty is the AN?
Shitty enough to give you a Warning for trolling and lock this topic.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 am

The Gilded Star wrote:

You can be dismissive of those requests without being provocative about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I agree that other regions asking TWI to shut down their relations with NPO "just because" is in poor taste, but what would you yourself expect to happen if the response is, "We refuse your requests for <insert reasonable explanations here>, but also BTW your home being burned to the ground is funny and entertaining to us". That's unnecessary wound-salting of an otherwise respectably neutral response.

I don't think they meant it in that way at all. Peoples home regions getting attacked in some way are the only major gameplay events; I think they just meant it adds necessary excitement to the game.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 am

Vespertania wrote:Isn't one of the central reasons for the campaign against the New Pacific Order about defending regional sovereignty, though? Isn't it hypocritical for the side championing this to actively coerce a region to close an embassy against the community's will, thus effectively fucking with their sovereign right of self-determination? How can any anti-NPO coalition remain on moral high ground in this case?

The coalition sent a few telegrams politely asking TWI to close their embassy with the NPO, stating the case for why they should. The coalition did not "bribe", "coerce", or "fuck with sovereign rights". You, along with TWI, along with NPO members in this thread, are taking a harmless matter and attempting to twist it to make us look bad. It is obvious, and it is shameless.

The only one possibly on the coalition's side that crossed the line was the individual that went onto TWI's RMB and criticized their institutions, although I suspect that if they are on our side, they are very loosely tied with us. As can be seen by GVH's own personal disagreement here, the coalition is not a hive-mind.

Without any definite proof that the individual that criticized TWI's institutions on their RMB was aligned with the anti-NPO coalition, the following can be accurately stated: Everything we have done in this matter has been entirely appropriate, and TWI's response has been entirely over-dramatic.
Last edited by Yokiria on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am

Vespertania wrote:Isn't one of the central reasons for the campaign against the New Pacific Order about defending regional sovereignty, though? Isn't it hypocritical for the side championing this to actively coerce a region to close an embassy against the community's will, thus effectively fucking with their sovereign right of self-determination? How can any anti-NPO coalition remain on moral high ground in this case?

Is it coercion? I don't think requests or even bribe attempts cross the line as long as the rejection is accepted. As for as dispatch responses, the focus so far seems centered on TWI's antagonistic comment towards the misfortunes of other regions rather than their rejection of cutting ties with NPO.

That being said, the situation of the Anti-NPO Coalition being hypocritical is convoluted. I mean, the coalition includes raiders in its ranks, the polar opposite of defenders. The catch there though is that the coalition comprises of many nations and regions of different colors and stripes, all unified in one goal, though their reasons for doing so might vary. As a result, the coalition isn't really going to follow any uniform morals, standards, or goals beyond that one specific point that united them. Unlike say, the NPO, where all members are unified under one Emperor, where dissenting messages would be far more peculiar.

So... I can really only speak on my own behalf there, I can't and won't attempt to defend the rather varied coalition as a whole. Individually, people's reasons and methods for opposing the NPO will probably be consistent. Lump them all together, though, and probably none of it will make any sense at all. I'm sure some people of the coalition would be fighting one another if it wasn't for the NPO being the more threatening foe to them.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I don't think they meant it in that way at all. Peoples home regions getting attacked in some way are the only major gameplay events; I think they just meant it adds necessary excitement to the game.

Agreed. Much the same as I think some "NPO Delenda Est" people are just looking for excitement and don't have any actual malice or hard-feelings towards the people behind NPO. Nonetheless, speak words like that around people looking for conflict, and you're bound to create trouble. Not that TWI would have known any better, focusing on RP rather than politics, but that's not going to exempt them from "the Great Game" once they enter the field.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 am

The Gilded Star wrote:Agreed. Much the same as I think some "NPO Delenda Est" people are just looking for excitement and don't have any actual malice or hard-feelings towards the people behind NPO. Nonetheless, speak words like that around people looking for conflict, and you're bound to create trouble. Not that TWI would have known any better, focusing on RP rather than politics, but that's not going to exempt them from "the Great Game" once they enter the field.

While the inhabitants of the region he controls can be described as such, Vancouvia is no sweet summer child; no naive roleplayer. This is not the first time he has thrown himself politically into the fire, simply to cause annoyance. Ask anyone bothered by his tendencies in the World Assembly.
Last edited by Yokiria on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am

Yokiria wrote:The coalition sent a few telegrams politely asking TWI to close their embassy with the NPO, stating the case for why they should. The coalition did not "bribe", "coerce", or "fuck with sovereign rights". You, along with TWI, along with NPO members in this thread, are taking a harmless matter and attempting to twist it to make us look bad. It is obvious, and it is shameless.

Define a few for us? And for transparency, why not show us the TG's you sent.

What's shameless is Cormac resorting to a mild threat seemingly automatically. Makes you wonder who else he's attempted this on.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Define a few for us? And for transparency, why not show us the TG's you sent.

few
/fyo͞o/
determiner, adjective, & pronoun
a small number of.
"may I ask a few questions?"
synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three;
used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.
"he had few friends"
synonyms: scarce, scant, meager, insufficient, in short supply;

As for TG's, I cannot show you the ones I sent to the Western Isles, as I did not send any. If you are asking me to show you the other coalition members' TGs, then I would have to ask them first before I show them to a bunch of strangers.

Drop Your Pants wrote:What's shameless is Cormac resorting to a mild threat seemingly automatically. Makes you wonder who else he's attempted this on.

Your continued efforts to demonize Cormac based on essentially nothing are going to go nowhere, but I will give you credit for your determination.
Last edited by Yokiria on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 am

Since, as you say, the coalition is not a united force, how can any of us be certain of the number of tgs that were sent to TWI? For all we know, they got one from TBH, one from Osiris, one from Pacifica, one from Europeia, one from Hartfelden, One from Amistris, One from KoGB, one from TRI...the list goes on. These tgs are harmless on their own but when sent in large numbers they could be thought of as a nuisance. This is why I have long believed that a platform to coordinate the coalitions activities is needed, to prevent wires being crossed and plans being messed up.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Devi
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Devi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:What's shameless is Cormac resorting to a mild threat seemingly automatically. Makes you wonder who else he's attempted this on.

What's shameless is a member of the NPO and Legio Pacificus clearly pushing their 'Cormac is an ebil bully' agenda. It's almost as if you have a narrative to push yourself :roll:
-puppetmaster behind the thrones of warzones europe and africa-
-deputy overseer of tbh's terra corps-
-gremlin-
-some lame r/d utility i guess-

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Galianutus’s discord server seems like a good starting point for a United coalition against the NPO. As far as I can tell, it’s the only meaninfgul effort put forward that has any medium of realistic potential to seeing the dismantling of The NPO from The Pacific.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Saint Block wrote:Galianutus’s discord server seems like a good starting point for a United coalition against the NPO. As far as I can tell, it’s the only meaninfgul effort put forward that has any medium of realistic potential to seeing the dismantling of The NPO from The Pacific.

The guy has zero sense of operational security.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Devi wrote:What's shameless is a member of the NPO and Legio Pacificus clearly pushing their 'Cormac is an ebil bully' agenda. It's almost as if you have a narrative to push yourself :roll:

You got me, i'm still pushing the FRA narrative :D
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 pm

There’s no way to have total OpSec in raiding an established GCR, especially the NPO held Pacific.

Myrth
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Myrth » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Saint Block wrote:Galianutus’s discord server seems like a good starting point for a United coalition against the NPO. As far as I can tell, it’s the only meaninfgul effort put forward that has any medium of realistic potential to seeing the dismantling of The NPO from The Pacific.

realistic potential to seeing the dismantling of The NPO from The Pacific.

Not really much one can say to that besides this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc
NPO dewenda est ;;w;;

Founded: 31st December 2002

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Yokiria wrote:The coalition sent a few telegrams politely asking TWI to close their embassy with the NPO, stating the case for why they should. The coalition did not "bribe", "coerce", or "fuck with sovereign rights". You, along with TWI, along with NPO members in this thread, are taking a harmless matter and attempting to twist it to make us look bad. It is obvious, and it is shameless.

Define a few for us? And for transparency, why not show us the TG's you sent.

What's shameless is Cormac resorting to a mild threat seemingly automatically. Makes you wonder who else he's attempted this on.

Again, the "threat" -- if you can even realistically call it that -- was simply that our regions aren't likely to forget the disrespectful dispatch and accusation of "bribery," meaning we're not likely to want embassies with TWI in the future either. Given we don't have embassies now, that's really not much of a threat.

I'll also note this has nothing to do with TWI deciding not to close its embassy with the Pacific, and everything to do with the disrespect shown to our regions in that dispatch and subsequent Gameplay post. I genuinely couldn't care less whether TWI closes its embassy or not. Vancouvia can confirm, if they're interested, that I'm not among those who sent them a telegram asking for the embassy to be closed. I couldn't care less about that. I do care if regions I'm involved in are disrespected, accused of "bribery," etc. As would anyone. That's hardly controversial. So while your unhealthy obsession with what I'm doing is noted again, as usual you're trying to make something out of nothing. Now please return to doing what it is you do best, which is nothing at all.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prusenreich
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusenreich » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 pm

This is where the fun begins
Based off a Custom Euiv nation

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Myrth wrote:Not really much one can say to that besides this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc

Did you upload that video yourself for this post? o-0
Malphe Vytherov

Roundball
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Roundball » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Devi wrote:

What's shameless is a member of the NPO and Legio Pacificus clearly pushing their 'Cormac is an ebil bully' agenda. It's almost as if you have a narrative to push yourself :roll:

What else is shameless is the apparent takeover of Osiris by The Black Hawks.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Yokiria wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:It's almost like Francoism is just an excuse for the NPO to perpetrate coups against other Feeders and Sinkers, and they're not really committed to it.

There is growing evidence to support the idea that there are no Francoists left active in NationStates; only imperialists that pretend to be Francoists out of convenience.

Francoism, like every ideology created for games like NS, is a tool that is utilised for a specific end. It has always been a bit of a farce and a means of manipulating the masses towards a specific goal.

I’ve always found it bothersome and a bit disappointing that so many of the dealers started using their own product. Never drink your own kool-aid, kids.
Last edited by Pierconium on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay