NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Statement from the New Pacific Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kurnugia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 911
Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Kurnugia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:55 am

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I said to ignore that post but forgot people here are incapable of listening to others.

I dunno why should we ignore this post? It gives us a prime insight how the NPO culture is and most importantly: why we shouldnt trust it.
Author of Issue no 1201
If you want to add me as a discord friend, no. Not intersted in NSGP. If it's for banter, sure.

User avatar
Draganisia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 184
Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Draganisia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:56 am

Armaros wrote:
Draganisia wrote:OOC: I said to ignore that post but forgot people here are incapable of listening to others.

:eyebrow:

If you don't want people responding to it, don't post it.

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic you say others are incapable of listening?


There is a difference between listening and believing.

Sure I may read other's posts but that does not mean they are all true.

Same goes for anyone's posts including my own.

User avatar
Bowzin
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bowzin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am

Draganisia wrote:
Armaros wrote: :eyebrow:

If you don't want people responding to it, don't post it.

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic you say others are incapable of listening?


There is a difference between listening and believing.

Sure I may read other's posts but that does not mean they are all true.

Same goes for anyone's posts including my own.

well maybe they just didnt believe you really didnt want a response
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
Emperor Almighty of The Universal Empire
Resume Dispatch
Nabashar - Sergeant of The Black Hawks
nizwoB - Citizen of Osiris
Hepner - Citizen of Europeia
Reploid Productions wrote:Okay guys, let's mind the spam some, lest a mod have to come in and yeet the thread.
Reploid Productions wrote:YEET YEET MOTHERYEETERS!

That was physically painful to type out.

User avatar
Draganisia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 184
Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Draganisia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 am

Bowzin wrote:
Draganisia wrote:
There is a difference between listening and believing.

Sure I may read other's posts but that does not mean they are all true.

Same goes for anyone's posts including my own.

well maybe they just didnt believe you really didnt want a response

Lets just say its been a hard night for me IRL and that I shouldn't have posted what I posted above.

There is much more going on than I know and in truth no one knows everything about what is going on no matter how much they might want to or think they do.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Consular » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:39 am

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I said to ignore that post but forgot people here are incapable of listening to others.

Are you one of those silly people who think the letters OOC actually change anything about your post. This is Gameplay

User avatar
Frattastan IV
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 121
Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan IV » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:It would take some truly quality diplomatic work to arrange a peace deal, and I don't see any likelihood of the two sides coming together to arrange normalized relations.


I disagree on that bit.

Stuff like that TNI-FRA "war" could go on for a decade because the two parties would stick to their core ideologies, and those ideologies would be impossible to reconcile (and also because regions like TNI thrived on the idea of war).
The Pacific on the other hand has a much greater capacity to realign its foreign policy until it's amenable to Euro or TBH: many of its past leaders were inclined to keep good relations with invaders and independents, and didn't even identify themselves as Francoists. If said shift happens the main actors will have no interest in continuing the war.
Given that this was accomplished before, and arguably under much trying circumstances, there is no reason why it shouldn't happen again.
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5582
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:37 am

Frattastan IV wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:It would take some truly quality diplomatic work to arrange a peace deal, and I don't see any likelihood of the two sides coming together to arrange normalized relations.


I disagree on that bit.

Stuff like that TNI-FRA "war" could go on for a decade because the two parties would stick to their core ideologies, and those ideologies would be impossible to reconcile (and also because regions like TNI thrived on the idea of war).
The Pacific on the other hand has a much greater capacity to realign its foreign policy until it's amenable to Euro or TBH: many of its past leaders were inclined to keep good relations with invaders and independents, and didn't even identify themselves as Francoists. If said shift happens the main actors will have no interest in continuing the war.
Given that this was accomplished before, and arguably under much trying circumstances, there is no reason why it shouldn't happen again.


It'll end if defenders get stronger in an organizational sense.

You could argue though this war has been going on since the summer of 2013 unofficially. 2015 was just a false reprieve led by Ivan.
Last edited by Unibot III on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:40 am

Man, Draganisia, I really like your dedication and devotion to the NPO, you're a colorful personality to see on the battlefield, but you gotta stop leaving yourself open by arguing misinformation and carrying such a heavy tone of condescension and contempt towards everyone. That kind of attitude reflects really really badly on the NPO and is probably at least part of the reason why peace talks are on such tenuous grounds; people are going to be even less inclined to trust the peaceful reform of a group that keeps sending an attack dragon out to repeatedly insult and disparage them. Not to mention, you seem to be undermining your own Emperor by inciting the very same conflict he's attempting to de-escalate.

User avatar
Milozoldyck
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Nov 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am

Unibot III wrote:
Frattastan IV wrote:
I disagree on that bit.

Stuff like that TNI-FRA "war" could go on for a decade because the two parties would stick to their core ideologies, and those ideologies would be impossible to reconcile (and also because regions like TNI thrived on the idea of war).
The Pacific on the other hand has a much greater capacity to realign its foreign policy until it's amenable to Euro or TBH: many of its past leaders were inclined to keep good relations with invaders and independents, and didn't even identify themselves as Francoists. If said shift happens the main actors will have no interest in continuing the war.
Given that this was accomplished before, and arguably under much trying circumstances, there is no reason why it shouldn't happen again.


It'll end if defenders get stronger in an organizational sense.

You could argue though this war has been going on since the summer of 2013 unofficially. 2015 was just a false reprieve led by Ivan.

You could argue that, sure. But it's still wrong.
Fishmonger4Lyfe | AKA Milograd, Vanquisher of Vegans | NPO Delenda Est
Region: Azhukali | I co-founded, and then completely abandoned II Wiki | Discord: #NSSanctuary
Former NPO Senator of Getting The Region in Trouble
Eternal Delegate-Hero of The South Pacific and Somewhat-Forgiven Chairman-Traitorlord in Lazarus
Former II Roleplaying Mentor
Author of a bunch of SC resolutions (not an accomplishment), one GA resolution (would be an accomplishment, except Douria did all the work), and an issue about suicide-by-train (I'm very proud of this)
LAZARUSDEATH - My first RP since 2012

User avatar
2SDOATS
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 2SDOATS » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You misstate so many basic facts of the incidents at hand that your nonsense is not even worth an in-detail reply, lol.

Come back when you understand that The NPO are not moralistic defenders, that "the battlefield" is not "warzone regions," that the NPO had a NAP with TBH and not an alliance, and that the NPO is not out to help anyone besides itself, kid.


Souls is a hypocrite, calling on toxic game.play to be ended then condescendscondescends a newer gper.

Youre use of trying to make gameplay better a year or so ago is all washed down the drain. If you want it better dont use the tactics that you wanted others to stop using.

Youre arrogance is astounding, what in hell gives you the right to use kid as a deeming term for a newer player in gameplay. Your agrroance is disgusting given all youve tried to "clean up" gp i remember. I was there.

If you dont apologize for demeaning the player your hypocrisy knows no bounds. It disgusts me how new people are treated by some of you "elite/older" players are but insulting him because hes new and you dont like what he says.. I thought was beneath you.. But clearly you are just anothee blow hard and the last string of respect I did have for you. Is gone if you do not ammend. I know my respect might not matter but you have any idea how you come off in gp. Maybe you dont care but people have enough to dislike you abd the fact you werent called out about this on... Is gross and why I am not even active anymore. Your Type pound on your chest for gameplay to be better then your dumbassry goes and undermines that.

Sona big fuxk TBH and souls for his condecending aattitude towards a newbie instead of tryong to help them make it better.

With this, I will go back to my shadow platplating this play has become even worse then when I was active before. Its not getting better its getting gross demanding people are banned from non ns related things. Grownthe fufuckpfuckp and stop being bitches all of you.

If you want a better gameplay allowallow the new kids to learn and be better. Stop blurring ooc and ic moves. Stop trying to social justice warrior this place fufuck your equality and hate speech. Allow all speech and if you dont like the damn speech go invade their region and make puppet regions. Dont censor speech because when you do that you become intolerant and close minded.

Banning ideas doesnt end the idea it emboldens, you want to live in an echo chamber you will mentally grow weak because you wont have to understand reality.

Toads out. For good now because all you people have ruined what max berry set out to prove. The only thing you made was another Verison of high school... But where the nerds rule and are the most spitful hurt insecure jackassesjackasses to revenge some irl hurt you went through cause you cant deal outside life.

Ban me warn me for flaming. Ill accept my damn consequence. Ill embrace it.

Burn me at the damn stake. I dont give a fuck. But you people are why gameplay is salty no other damn reason.

The people make the forum the forum doesbt make the people.
"Sorry the NationStates Windmill Tilting Society couldn’t come up with a better argument." - Pierconium

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6282
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm

I gave him a few honest, equal, in depth replies first, but I'm not going to waste my time replying to someone who literally does not understand the facts of the situation, and who was in the middle of demonstrating that they had no present intention of starting to. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if you're worried about censorship of players, Toads, the NPO is better place to start.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Armaros
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 496
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I gave him a few honest, equal, in depth replies first, but I'm not going to waste my time replying to someone who literally does not understand the facts of the situation, and who was in the middle of demonstrating that they had no present intention of starting to. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then what the heck are you doing right now, if you're not replying to people who have no idea what they talk about? :p
joWhatup#7411 on discord, if you ever need to contact me.
Corporal in The Black Hawks
Director of the Regional Guards in Lazarus
Lone Wolves United, cub
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with in any way.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6282
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Armaros wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I gave him a few honest, equal, in depth replies first, but I'm not going to waste my time replying to someone who literally does not understand the facts of the situation, and who was in the middle of demonstrating that they had no present intention of starting to. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then what the heck are you doing right now, if you're not replying to people who have no idea what they talk about? :p


Wasting time.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 885
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:33 pm

In my time on NS there are some things that never seem to change. Incidents such as those involving the NPO are one such example. So there's a couple things I want to say.

First to the regions that have issued statements condemning the actions of the NPO. This includes TRR. I won't make TRR an exception because it's my home region: I don't believe your statements are sincere. Sure you condemn the NPO now but you only mean to do so now. In the next couple of years you'll re-establish your embassies and be back to business as usual. Just like the NLO coup you'll ultimately forgive them when the heat dies down even though they are not worth forgiving. So what is the purpose of your statement? That is a simple answer. It's only empty posturing that most of you did just because everyone else did it and you didn't want to be left out because it would make you look bad. If your statements are truly sincere then in five years or more you'll have continued to maintain your attitude towards the NPO. However I'm certain that will not be the case. In all likelihood the only regions that will maintain their attitudes are those that the NPO have attacked and only insofar as their governments are the same ones that made those statements.

Second, to the regions that have declared war on the NPO: I doubt your resolve. I doubt you will maintain your war for long. I believe that most of you will give up on this war by the end of the month. I believe that you will quietly give up on this war. If you're so against the actions of the NPO then don't give up. Keep fighting until victory is achieved. Keep going for as long as it takes. Otherwise don't fight in the first place. If you start your war with the intention of giving up when disapproving of the NPO's actions are no longer popular or relevant then you have simply wasted your time making your declaration in the first place. If your intentions to fight your war are genuine then you will see it through until their is an unquestionable victor no matter how small your chances of defeating the NPO are.

I'm not saying either of these with the idea that they should only be done to prove me wrong. I'm saying these things because if you believe your words to be true then you should see them through to the only conclusions your words and actions intended, "yes" or "no", "victory" or "defeat".
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25605
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:13 pm

2SDOATS wrote:Sona big fuxk TBH and souls for his condecending aattitude towards a newbie instead of tryong to help them make it better.
<snip>
Grownthe fufuckpfuckp and stop being bitches all of you.
<snip>
Stop trying to social justice warrior this place fufuck your equality and hate speech.
<snip>
Toads out. For good now because all you people have ruined what max berry set out to prove. The only thing you made was another Verison of high school... But where the nerds rule and are the most spitful hurt insecure jackassesjackasses to revenge some irl hurt you went through cause you cant deal outside life.

Or you could recognize that this is just a game, and that going off on a flaming tirade in clear violations of the site rules is unacceptable. It is your responsibility to recognize when you are too angry or upset to post in a rule-abiding manner, and to walk away from the computer until you have calmed down enough that you aren't posting in such a state.

As for this flaming tirade, given your recent history and overall pattern of behavior, *** 2SDOATS, 3-day forumban for flaming. ***

Image
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2020! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Escade
Diplomat
 
Posts: 937
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Escade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:In my time on NS there are some things that never seem to change. Incidents such as those involving the NPO are one such example. So there's a couple things I want to say.

First to the regions that have issued statements condemning the actions of the NPO. This includes TRR. I won't make TRR an exception because it's my home region: I don't believe your statements are sincere. Sure you condemn the NPO now but you only mean to do so now. In the next couple of years you'll re-establish your embassies and be back to business as usual. Just like the NLO coup you'll ultimately forgive them when the heat dies down even though they are not worth forgiving. So what is the purpose of your statement? That is a simple answer. It's only empty posturing that most of you did just because everyone else did it and you didn't want to be left out because it would make you look bad. If your statements are truly sincere then in five years or more you'll have continued to maintain your attitude towards the NPO. However I'm certain that will not be the case. In all likelihood the only regions that will maintain their attitudes are those that the NPO have attacked and only insofar as their governments are the same ones that made those statements.

Second, to the regions that have declared war on the NPO: I doubt your resolve. I doubt you will maintain your war for long. I believe that most of you will give up on this war by the end of the month. I believe that you will quietly give up on this war. If you're so against the actions of the NPO then don't give up. Keep fighting until victory is achieved. Keep going for as long as it takes. Otherwise don't fight in the first place. If you start your war with the intention of giving up when disapproving of the NPO's actions are no longer popular or relevant then you have simply wasted your time making your declaration in the first place. If your intentions to fight your war are genuine then you will see it through until their is an unquestionable victor no matter how small your chances of defeating the NPO are.

I'm not saying either of these with the idea that they should only be done to prove me wrong. I'm saying these things because if you believe your words to be true then you should see them through to the only conclusions your words and actions intended, "yes" or "no", "victory" or "defeat".


The fact is that this is an IC war and as such, unlike the wars of yesteryear, is pretty lackluster because of the state of NSGP. What does victory look like anyway? Wars are fought when regions and governments can move large numbers of endorsements against each other. In this case NPO bent over a backwards to try to accomodate some of the demands of regions issuing statements (regardless of how sincere you believe they are long-term). That seemed to defuse rather than accelerate the war. It's all fine and nice to issue statements or close embassies but some players will still work with the region behind the scenes. That's part of gameplay where the public statements are made for the public and what goes on in private group chats is another story.

I also just want to point out that many players on both sides of this war have used the same tactics in their own play (spying, subversion, etc) so what is being condemnded seems not to be the actual spying\subversion attempts themselves but rather being caught in a public way and the particular individuals involved. Otherwise, that seems to be a defacto gameplay style for a number of players. What is being condemned here? The tactics, the players, the getting caught? So at this point it's a bit hard to take some players ire seriously when they engage in the same tactics.

While I enjoy IC declarations of war and all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it - this particular one was deflated by (mis?)steps on both sides. Are we in a GP era where we can even have a war? I mean at the very least you would see that the two parties would fight over a proxy like...let's say a small region. However, that doesn't even seem to be possible. The regions posting statements of condemnation aren't willing to get 100 of their WAs mobile and supporting (in this case) TBH in trying to hold a NPO region. I don't even know what NPO might do as retaliation but the stakes aren't high enough and neither is the actual action (beyond endless talking) that can happen.

Personally, I know people on both sides and think this "war" is just another blip in NSGP and like the general trend... there isn't much left anymore becauase of stagnancy some of it due to in-game mechanics. You can't have more stability via influence and ROs and also have more opportunties to coup. We gave up some of the actual mobility for stability.

With the additional character asssaination opportunities for players who don't like each other it's just that - a sniping match. There are also too many players are hell bent on "removing" people from their regions or the game that they don't like and are using OOC attacks to do so because they don't have the balls to just use a PNG. There's way to get rid of people you don't like by just using IC tactics. It's when the two are being mixed that people just stay out of it.

Finally, I'm not sure what players really want from GP? Drama? Intrigue? Conflict? Hippie festivals with hand holding and special brownies? Mixed messages for sure.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 885
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:34 pm

That's the problem. If someone is gonna declare war then they ought to put their money where their mouth is. If they're gonna just say they're declaring war then they're not declaring war. They're merely stating that they intend to argue for a couple weeks rather than actually do something. Some of them even say they intend to bring some form of change but without backing up their words with action nothing will change. The NPO will simply attack another GCR and the cycle will repeat itself. If they're just gonna do nothing then they don't need a political statement to argue and debate about something that won't happen.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever

User avatar
T-ara
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: May 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby T-ara » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm

How would another GCR be victimized? The people who had an interest in intervening in other region's politics are gone. No one left really ever prioritized adventurism. There's a much different mindset involved with the current person in charge and he isn't interested in projecting power by taking other regions. The priorities of those involved in the Lazarus/Osiris things are much different than the ones of the current NPO government. They had a vested interest in projecting influence and gaining power in other GCRs. That was their history and main motivation for playing hence the rerolls/alts/covert ops/etc.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 885
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:34 pm

T-ara wrote:How would another GCR be victimized? The people who had an interest in intervening in other region's politics are gone. No one left really ever prioritized adventurism. There's a much different mindset involved with the current person in charge and he isn't interested in projecting power by taking other regions. The priorities of those involved in the Lazarus/Osiris things are much different than the ones of the current NPO government. They had a vested interest in projecting influence and gaining power in other GCRs. That was their history and main motivation for playing hence the rerolls/alts/covert ops/etc.

Oh sure the current government (which is actually the same government) will do what they can to salvage what little is left of their reputation but it's always just one more deception to make their next attack possible. They'll do it again you wait and see. Their temporary scapegoat will once again be nothing more than a means to an end.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2129
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:That's the problem. If someone is gonna declare war then they ought to put their money where their mouth is. If they're gonna just say they're declaring war then they're not declaring war. They're merely stating that they intend to argue for a couple weeks rather than actually do something. Some of them even say they intend to bring some form of change but without backing up their words with action nothing will change. The NPO will simply attack another GCR and the cycle will repeat itself. If they're just gonna do nothing then they don't need a political statement to argue and debate about something that won't happen.

There actually is stuff being done. It's just not big and flashy, so it hasn't been noticed by a lot of gameplayers who aren't involved.

Not saying that to be rude, I just wanted to point out though that the regions at war are in fact doing things, just nothing super attention grabbing.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 885
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:There actually is stuff being done. It's just not big and flashy, so it hasn't been noticed by a lot of gameplayers who aren't involved.

Not saying that to be rude, I just wanted to point out though that the regions at war are in fact doing things, just nothing super attention grabbing.

Well good on them. It's a refreshing change to know that someone is finally doing something. :)
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5582
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:
Unibot III wrote:
It'll end if defenders get stronger in an organizational sense.

You could argue though this war has been going on since the summer of 2013 unofficially. 2015 was just a false reprieve led by Ivan.

You could argue that, sure. But it's still wrong.


They weren’t trading declarations of war, but stuff like “The NPO’s Retort,” were articles of confrontation. *shrugs*
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6282
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:51 pm

psst, fun fact -

As per the "Articles of Government & Civil Code of the Pacific," East Durthang cannot be Emperor right now. The code states:

In accordance with game mechanics, the World Assembly Delegate (hereafter Emperor) possesses unrestricted authority over all aspects of regional government- in-game and otherwise.


...strictly tying the title of Emperor to the seat of power itself. Legally, East Durthang is not Emperor until he has obtained the seat, and Aleisyr's resignation is not valid until he has vacated it. He is still entitled to "unrestricted authority" as per their code of governance, rendering null words of platitude about him being gone. Emperor, in TP, is not a title that can be awarded, but rather a direct result of the physical slot.

On technical grounds, this throws into question a number of things.

At most, East Durthang can be called something like the "intended Emperor," "Emperor-Elect," etc.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Seems like we're all kinda waiting around until East Durthang is padded with enough endorsements to formally conclude the succession. Though it is mildly eyebrow-raising as to why it's taking this long, as I would normally expect the NPO to act much more swiftly.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6282
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:Seems like we're all kinda waiting around until East Durthang is padded with enough endorsements to formally conclude the succession. Though it is mildly eyebrow-raising as to why it's taking this long, as I would normally expect the NPO to act much more swiftly.


East Durthang two ish days ago: 262 endos
East Durthang like this morning: 261 endos
East Durthang earlier today: 257 endos
East Durthang right now: 260 endos

ED's having trouble getting his endo count up.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frattastan IV, The Greatest Bestest Nation

Advertisement

Remove ads