NATION

PASSWORD

Cormac AMA

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 pm

When you joined NS (or when you became aware of GP) did you have any particular goal or aspiration GP wise?
Malphe Vytherov

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Tinhampton wrote:On a scale from Balder to 10, how do you rate the state of the GCRs as a group at present? When do you feel (in your time here, at least) have they collectively been at their best, and at their worst? What about Gameplay as a whole?

LOL "From Balder to 10".... I loved this one.

If you could suggest anything that is not in Dispatch's or Koth GP posts the the newbies, what would be?
"It is wise to follow proper channels of communication, but communication is a two lanes road. You evade it, and you will have a problem." ~ Khanter W. Molchaniye.

My Statements are under my own responsibility and without any official representation of the regions in which I belong.

Framed by a Browser Console and photoshop
Founder of The Empire of Aztlan

Roavin April/4/19 At 1:22 am
I CAN NEVER FIND MY F*****G SOCKS
Cormac June/4/19 12:11
We're talking about food in #neutral_ground, NS families in #military_gameplay, I'm uh not sure what in #security_council but not SC resolutions...
This server is anarchy! Anarchy I say!

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Can we talk on discord?
Jakker jacked Vinny’s internet jack with his mod god powers he got from Mall.

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Where did the NS family name Skollvaldr come from?
Last edited by Miss Bad Life Choices on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:09 am

Tinhampton wrote:On a scale from Balder to 10, how do you rate the state of the GCRs as a group at present? When do you feel (in your time here, at least) have they collectively been at their best, and at their worst? What about Gameplay as a whole?

I would rate the collective state of the GCRs (Feeders and Sinkers) as a 5, which is to say, "meh." Clearly, they're dominating gameplay at present, but to what end? They have an enormous amount of power, and for the most part, they sit on it and do nothing interesting with it. It's disappointing.

As to when they were at their best, I would have to say from the Fall of 2011 until after the NLO coup of Lazarus in Spring 2015. During those years, and particularly from 2012-14, the GCRs were still thinking big and leading the gameplay world. After the NLO coup, many GCRs became very internalized to the point that, today, some are practically isolationist. So I would have to identify now as when the GCRs have been at their worst, despite the ridiculous amount of power they still wield over gameplay. I should emphasize though that I didn't start playing NS until 2012, and I've been told there were time periods pre-2011 when the GCRs were practically irrelevant to gameplay, so there may have been other times they were at their true worst. But the present day is certainly the worst I've seen the GCRs during my time as a gameplayer. They're squandering their "riches."

Malphe wrote:When you joined NS (or when you became aware of GP) did you have any particular goal or aspiration GP wise?

Well, when I first joined NS, I was pretty much solely interested in the World Assembly, and the General Assembly specifically. So my goal was really just to become an accomplished GA author, which is funny because I've never authored a GA resolution (though I did co-author one). After I became interested in gameplay as a result of having been recruited to Exshaw, my focus shifted more to the Security Council and I wanted to become influential there. That eventually led me to the GCRs, and onto the crazy journey that has been my time in Osiris. So, the WA has played a pretty important role in my development as a player, even if I didn't really ever quite accomplish the goals I had in regard to the WA. I've done pretty well for myself in the SC though.

KhanterWinters wrote:If you could suggest anything that is not in Dispatch's or Koth GP posts the the newbies, what would be?

Don't be afraid to rock the boat! This is a game, and lately it just seems too many newer players are too timid about really playing it. It's not just about chatting on Discord and tag raiding (or chasing). Each gameplay generation needs to make its mark, but that can't be done from the sidelines.

King Bradley wrote:Can we talk on discord?

No. If we're going to communicate it will only be on-site where we're both held accountable to NS rules. I'm also not sure we have much to talk about.

Miss Bad Life Choices wrote:Where did the NS family name Skollvaldr come from?

During an attempt to reboot Asgard, I was looking for a Norse surname and I happened upon the word "Skollvaldr," which was a title of Odin that means "ruler of treachery." It seemed appropriate as a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgment of my gameplay reputation, and also it just sounds cool. Koth immediately turned it into a verb ("valdring skolls"), so that was just confirmation that it was the right fit for me and my NS family.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:59 am

What is the meaning of your flag?
"It is wise to follow proper channels of communication, but communication is a two lanes road. You evade it, and you will have a problem." ~ Khanter W. Molchaniye.

My Statements are under my own responsibility and without any official representation of the regions in which I belong.

We're talking about food in #neutral_ground, NS families in #military_gameplay, I'm uh not sure what in #security_council but not SC resolutions...

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

If you become King of Balder can I purge Onder?

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Is our private conversation on discord still valid?

Russiyskaya Respublica
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Russiyskaya Respublica » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm

If you had the resources and stuff needed to make any changes to NS, what would said changes be?
Last edited by Russiyskaya Respublica on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What if Democratic Russia and Syndicalist France, Britain and the US(CSA?) won the second world war AFTER Germany won the first?
Well, don't ask me, I'm trying to imagine how it would work out.
Russiyskaya Respublica is most def too long and too much of a mouthful, so, just call me Russia or Russian Republic, officially though it's "Russian Federal Republic".

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:26 pm

KhanterWinters wrote:What is the meaning of your flag?

It was just a cool design I ran across and thought would make a cool flag, initially, but after a while I realized the compass was pretty appropriate for me. I pretty much follow my own compass wherever it leads. The colors don't mean much, I just happen to like them.

Consular wrote:If you become King of Balder can I purge Onder?

As long as I get to purge NES personally, I'm willing to share the fun.

Saint Block wrote:Is our private conversation on discord still valid?

If you're referring to the conversation I had with "Bradley" before I knew for sure that was an alt, no, it isn't still valid.

Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:If you had the resources and stuff needed to make any changes to NS, what would said changes be?

Koth's Faction Gameplay proposal and Souls' More Feeders proposal. I would probably also add some new SC categories.

I'll only be taking questions in this thread for another six hours, so get them in now!

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:21 pm

What is your own opinion about letting Saint Block/King Bradley be back? and Letting them to brain wash innocent nations to join to his Region?

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:22 pm

What kind of music do you listen to, and what bands? Any particular songs you're a fan of?
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004

Postby North East Somerset » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Are the rumours true you secretly have a massive crush on me, and that's why you want to "purge NES personally"?
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:15 pm

North East Somerset wrote:Are the rumours true you secretly have a massive crush on me, and that's why you want to "purge NES personally"?

And what would be a good ship name for this?
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Miss Bad Life Choices wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:Are the rumours true you secretly have a massive crush on me, and that's why you want to "purge NES personally"?

North East Cormacset!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:00 pm

I thought I had received a TG from NES recently. Turns out it was a different NES. Had me all riled up. :P

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:00 pm

KhanterWinters wrote:What is your own opinion about letting Saint Block/King Bradley be back? and Letting them to brain wash innocent nations to join to his Region?

I think he and his region should be blacklisted but I also think there's been entirely too much fanfare about it and he's getting too much attention.

Jar Wattinree wrote:What kind of music do you listen to, and what bands? Any particular songs you're a fan of?

I had said in the OP I would only take gameplay questions to avoid going wildly off-topic with all kinds of non-gameplay questions about my favorite this or that in the Gameplay forum, and I didn't answer others' non-gameplay questions either, so I'm going to have to stick to that. Sorry. :P

:hug:

Miss Bad Life Choices wrote:

Corm East Somerset.

*** I won't be taking anymore questions. Thanks to everyone for participating, it was fun! ***
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Bradley
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Bradley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Just because you don’t care for me, doesn’t mean other people don’t have to either. And this Bradley personality that I have/had isn’t fake. You’d see that we can get along along if you just accept this olive branch.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005

Postby Darkesia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:11 am

But I didn't get a chance to ask anything! *pout*

My question, in case you come back for one last question...

If Koth's faction proposal comes to fruition, would you prefer to lead a faction, or be the power behind the throne?
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay