NATION

PASSWORD

Balder After Dark

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:18 pm

So is Balder's stance that their treaty violation and espionage in regards to TNP is somehow mitigated because it was done behind closed doors?
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Come on someone do something funny with this
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Kyorgia wrote:Come on someone do something funny with this

Done.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Pergamon wrote:

Done.

Excellent

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Onder Kelkia wrote:This information has been obtained through a security flaw in Tapatalks which saw classified threads captured and cached by Google bots.

Tapatalk: the gift that keeps on giving
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Syberis wrote:So is Balder's stance that their treaty violation and espionage in regards to TNP is somehow mitigated because it was done behind closed doors?

I seriously doubt they even care. Somehow this will be twisted so Onder and Rach are seem like the victims.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Aexnidaral wrote:I'll be honest and say that I don't really care about things like this. It's great for kicking back and seeing who spilled what tea where, but... I'd wager that pretty much every single one of us has said some pretty shitty things about each other / other regions / our allies in private conversations (Discord/Forumside) when we're frustrated -- especially since so many of us have hot heads and outsized egos. I wonder if more Regions will/have been effected by something like this because of Tapatalk. Maybe we should just call it a draw. :p There's a lot of feigned outrage here from some people insinuating that Balder is doing something they've never done. Oh my stars! lol, I think we need to have a reality check and admit we're all guilty of having done this to each other. Nobody is innocent. :P

Really? I remember Europeia throwing a minor tantrum about things like this in the past. But I guess Balder gets a free pass?

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Consular wrote:
Aexnidaral wrote:I'll be honest and say that I don't really care about things like this. It's great for kicking back and seeing who spilled what tea where, but... I'd wager that pretty much every single one of us has said some pretty shitty things about each other / other regions / our allies in private conversations (Discord/Forumside) when we're frustrated -- especially since so many of us have hot heads and outsized egos. I wonder if more Regions will/have been effected by something like this because of Tapatalk. Maybe we should just call it a draw. :p There's a lot of feigned outrage here from some people insinuating that Balder is doing something they've never done. Oh my stars! lol, I think we need to have a reality check and admit we're all guilty of having done this to each other. Nobody is innocent. :P

Really? I remember Europeia throwing a minor tantrum about things like this in the past. But I guess Balder gets a free pass?

Aside from harsh words about particular members, none of this really surprised me. I know that Balder's government will not always agree with Europeia's decisions and vice versa. It's natural to vent frustrations or hold private discussions about responses.

We already admitted we botched the IJCC/Osiris situation.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Ambrella wrote:
Consular wrote:Really? I remember Europeia throwing a minor tantrum about things like this in the past. But I guess Balder gets a free pass?

Aside from harsh words about particular members, none of this really surprised me. I know that Balder's government will not always agree with Europeia's decisions and vice versa. It's natural to vent frustrations or hold private discussions about responses.

But what about Balder committing espionage against TNP, a treatied ally of Europeia?
Last edited by The Tri State Area and Maine on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:34 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
Ambrella wrote:Aside from harsh words about particular members, none of this really surprised me. I know that Balder's government will not always agree with Europeia's decisions and vice versa. It's natural to vent frustrations or hold private discussions about responses.

But what about Balder committing espionage against TNP, a treatied ally of Europeia?

To be clear, I was referring solely to references to Europeia and our officials. I would defer to TNP on any topics relating to them.
Last edited by Ambrella on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blight-Bane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Blight-Bane » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Ambrella wrote:I know that Balder's government will not always agree with Europeia's decisions and vice versa.

In the context of the posted screenshots, Onder characterized that as 'ethical' nonsense.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Blight-Bane wrote:
Ambrella wrote:I know that Balder's government will not always agree with Europeia's decisions and vice versa.

In the context of the posted screenshots, Onder characterized that as 'ethical' nonsense.

Rather than make hay here, we've discussed it privately and moved on. That's how allies handle such matters responsibly, even though it means less theater for everyone here to enjoy.

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Ambrella wrote:
Blight-Bane wrote:In the context of the posted screenshots, Onder characterized that as 'ethical' nonsense.

Rather than make hay here, we've discussed it privately and moved on. That's how allies handle such matters responsibly, even though it means less theater for everyone here to enjoy.

No, Sopo, you've got to fan yourself and faint out of shock. You're doing this wrong! Make hay!
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

Blight-Bane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Blight-Bane » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Ambrella wrote:Rather than make hay here, we've discussed it privately and moved on. That's how allies handle such matters responsibly, even though it means less theater for everyone here to enjoy.

I'll consider it swept then.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 pm

damn title

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Aexnidaral wrote:
Ambrella wrote:Rather than make hay here, we've discussed it privately and moved on. That's how allies handle such matters responsibly, even though it means less theater for everyone here to enjoy.

No, Sopo, you've got to fan yourself and faint out of shock. You're doing this wrong! Make hay!

Neigh.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Ambrella wrote:
Blight-Bane wrote:In the context of the posted screenshots, Onder characterized that as 'ethical' nonsense.

Are you implying that any of your allies who prefer to handle diplomatic situations transparently and in public view are handling matters irresponsibly?

For the record, diplomatic situations between regions have until recently always been handled publicly. You can try to pretend it has been normative for gameplay diplomacy to only involve backroom dealings between a handful of people all you want, but that has never been the case. The public nature of gameplay diplomacy is what has kept this game interesting for everyone playing it rather than the tiny handful of people at the top of each region.

Still waiting for Balder to say anything at all about its espionage against TNP, by the way.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:41 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Are you implying that any of your allies who prefer to handle diplomatic situations transparently and in public view are handling matters irresponsibly?

A bit of a different situation given the miscommunication and that the discussion was already ongoing in public. There are certainly occasions where it is appropriate to conduct business publicly, I don't see this as one of them. Given the sensitive nature of the information exposed, it seemed wiser to address privately, rather than giving OP the type of fight they were probably looking for.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Ambrella wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Are you implying that any of your allies who prefer to handle diplomatic situations transparently and in public view are handling matters irresponsibly?

A bit of a different situation given the miscommunication and that the discussion was already ongoing in public. There are certainly occasions where it is appropriate to conduct business publicly, I don't see this as one of them. Given the sensitive nature of the information exposed, it seemed wiser to address privately, rather than giving OP the type of fight they were probably looking for.

I mean, okay. You could fight for the dignity of your region and stand up for its principles, which Onder labeled nonsense, regardless of what the OP is or isn't looking for. Europeia could recognize what a lousy ally Onder has been for years now, look at how he's treated other close allies like Albion, and stop being held back by the constraints Onder puts on what Europeia can do diplomatically. But I realize how un-Europeian all of that would be.

I guess I just wonder how much more of your sphere Onder has to tear down, how many more alliances he has to wreck, before someone decides it's enough.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ambrella wrote:

I mean, okay. You could fight for the dignity of your region and stand up for its principles, which Onder labeled nonsense, regardless of what the OP is or isn't looking for. Europeia could recognize what a lousy ally Onder has been for years now, look at how he's treated other close allies like Albion, and stop being held back by the constraints Onder puts on what Europeia can do diplomatically. But I realize how un-Europeian all of that would be.

I guess I just wonder how much more of your sphere Onder has to tear down, how many more alliances he has to wreck, before someone decides it's enough.

Cormac: “Europeia has to throw a fit in public to stand up for its principles.”

Amazingly, that would be the exact thing that would benefit him and his sphere! What a surprise! What a coincidence! Lmfao brb laughing so hard I’m dying.

Dude give it a rest about your big speeches about what other regions should do. Amazingly, Europeia has lasted in the years since your middling performance as one of our Senators, and I imagine we will somehow go on without your sage foreign policy wisdom that only coincidently advocates actions in your personal best interest.

Xoxo
Last edited by King HEM on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ambrella wrote:

Europeia has had the same ethical guidelines for raiding for years. Onder calling them "nonsense" doesn't negate our commitment to those rules, which you'll notice we still have, despite Onder's objection (which he is entitled to).

As for the "constraints" put upon us by Onder, I can assure you that such constraints do not exist. We make decisions aligned with our own interests. Sometimes those are the same decisions Onder would make, sometimes not. But we respect and value Balder far too much as an ally to do them the disservice of turning on them in gameplay after they were the subject of an anonymous leak. Am I thrilled to see some of these comments? No, but I'm sure Onder, Rach, and others would feel the same way if they saw things I've said about them privately in the past. We all have our moments. Everything in there about Europeia, barring, as I said, the more colorful comments, was already made known to us.

Insofar as Europeia is concerned, Balder has addressed our concerns, and I've said as much here. Other regions are welcome to handle such situations differently.

China Muslim Hand-Pulled Noodle
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby China Muslim Hand-Pulled Noodle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Meanwhile, in the overwhelming majority of NS regions:

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 pm

China Muslim Hand-Pulled Noodle wrote:Meanwhile, in the overwhelming majority of NS regions:

And...?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:06 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:0/10 not enough flying toasters in this thread

Beacuse, after dark? Get it? Like the screen saver?

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 am

Ambrella wrote:Europeia has had the same ethical guidelines for raiding for years. Onder calling them "nonsense" doesn't negate our commitment to those rules, which you'll notice we still have, despite Onder's objection (which he is entitled to).

Do you really still have them? Was it not decided that the IJCC overrided your rules? Isn't that the "compromise" that was reached after the Osiris mess?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay