NATION

PASSWORD

Custom Population Settings

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Flumilados
Civilian

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Custom Population Settings

Postby Flumilados » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:36 pm

There is any form to change my population? Because I'm on a small territory, I am a country with 10 mil habitants can somebody help me?

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Your population will grow daily, and there's nothing you can do to change it outside of just waiting. Population is more or less used as a marker to show how long your nation has been around, and because of that there's no way to make it go down either.
Last edited by Vadterland on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Germanian Empire | "Unser Vaterland, Herrscher der Asche..."
Factbooks | Music | Tech Level: PT/FanT | Current Year: 1943 UE (1958 AD)

In a strange world not so different from ours, a young empire stands in the heart of Europa. Born and forged in the fires of war, it is headed by an embittered Kaiserin and a camarilla of aging, scheming generals. Stretched to a breaking point and groaning under the stress and hubris of its past victories, the Fatherland stands on guard. But on the forefront of a new world, fighting a new war from without and within, will it survive?

Ithreland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ithreland » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Your population grows with real-world time spent existing and there's no way to keep it small; IIRC, everyone starts at 5 mil.
The government is elected from pools of experts in whichever fields are necessary, with polarizing issues having a minimum quotient for political balance (like abortion rights would be decided by a mix of pro-choice/pro-life expert advocates, for example).

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
-_qCopy and paste this in your sig if your Capitalist-_q
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.
My 8values score.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 pm

The only way to have a custom population is to write it in your factbook either on your nations home page or in F&NI other then that the NS population of your nation is set to grow at an incremental rate for as long as your nation is still alive and active on NS.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:02 pm

It's pretty normal to RP your population as smaller than that listed on your nation page. My population for example is roughly 200 million in RP.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:12 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:The only way to have a custom population is to write it in your factbook either on your nations home page or in F&NI

You can put the "correct" figure into your forum sig, too.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Gameplay