NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawk Problem

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Hatslandia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Black Hawk Problem

Postby Hatslandia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 am

I am the founder of Commonwealth Confederation. Recently, a big military organization called the Black Hawks managed to temporarily take it over. I managed to ban the nation responsible and a person who endorsed it. If you see a white flag with some green spikes in the top left corner, ban it. That nation has multiple accounts that raided much more tiny nations. The raider appoints themselves as "a", and changes the region's flag to The Black Hawks flag, as well as making the world factbook entry a recruiting page for their region. I suggest banning all people involved in the raid and add them and The Black Hawks to your dossier. Make sure you got a trusted head of security going for you, and run background checks on all new nations. Any small regions wishing for a coalition send me an embassy since I only wished for my region to be peaceful and diplomatic. Let me be an example for all of you reading this. INDEPENDENT REGIONS SHALL NOT FALL!
Last edited by Hatslandia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eripme Pmurt Dlanod
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eripme Pmurt Dlanod » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 am

Hatslandia wrote:I am the founder of Commonwealth Confederation. Recently, a big military organization called the Black Hawks managed to temporarily take it over. I managed to ban the nation responsible and a person who endorsed it. If you see a white flag with some green spikes in the top left corner, ban it. That nation has multiple accounts that raided much more tiny nations. The raider appoints themselves as "a", and changes the region's flag to The Black Hawks flag, as well as making the world factbook entry a recruiting page for their region. I suggest banning all people involved in the raid and add them and The Black Hawks to your dossier. Make sure you got a trusted head of security going for you, and run background checks on all new nations. Any small regions wishing for a coalition send me an embassy since I only wished for my region to be peaceful and diplomatic, but I officially declare war on the Black Hawks. Let me be an example for all of you reading this. INDEPENDENT REGIONS SHALL NOT FALL!

I feel you. However, I don't think going against TBH alone is a good idea - they are too large. Try to ally "defender" regions, such as TGU, as they are officially anti-raider.

New Excalibus
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Excalibus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 am

Alright, you had it going well for a while. But now, you're officially screwed. If you don't like a big region, don't declare war on it.
It only makes it worse.
✦ excal ✦
complicated signatures are for the weak.

Nau States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nau States » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 am

As a neutral party with knowledge of TBH, I'd recommend you read on them. You see, TBH is the premier military organisation in NS. Not someone you should declare war on, in other words.
As the Egyptians once said, "Death comes on swift wings." Addendum: a Black Hawk's wings.
Last edited by Nau States on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back...frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion. I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it...felt it!

Sebenica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebenica » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:38 am

Hatslandia wrote:I am the founder of Commonwealth Confederation. Recently, a big military organization called the Black Hawks managed to temporarily take it over. I managed to ban the nation responsible and a person who endorsed it. If you see a white flag with some green spikes in the top left corner, ban it. That nation has multiple accounts that raided much more tiny nations. The raider appoints themselves as "a", and changes the region's flag to The Black Hawks flag, as well as making the world factbook entry a recruiting page for their region. I suggest banning all people involved in the raid and add them and The Black Hawks to your dossier. Make sure you got a trusted head of security going for you, and run background checks on all new nations. Any small regions wishing for a coalition send me an embassy since I only wished for my region to be peaceful and diplomatic, but I officially declare war on the Black Hawks. Let me be an example for all of you reading this. INDEPENDENT REGIONS SHALL NOT FALL!

I can tell you are quite naive. If you want the Black Hawks to not attack you, then maybe don't declare war on them.

Hatslandia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatslandia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 am

Well, I will try to contact TGU. I accidentally declared war and told their WA in a telegram. Thank you all for the advice, however, I will need it. In the telegram, I said I will be at war until they leave me alone. I'm gonna try to contact TGU

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 am

Honestly, you should feel lucky that a founder was on site, ready to fix it, just don’t declare wa in a raider region with litteraly tree people on your side.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:57 am

You can keep your region from being raided again by going into your Regional Controls and taking Executive power away from the WA Delegate by clicking "Modify" next to the WA Delegate's slot in the Officers category, unchecking the "Executive" box, and clicking "Enact Changes."

Without Executive power for the WA Delegate, raiders can't appoint Regional Officers, which is likely to stop them from doing anything else to your region. Just to be on the safe side now that you've probably attracted their interest, you may also want to uncheck the "Communications," "Embassies," and "Polls" boxes, because they would still be able to become WA Delegate and change those settings if those boxes stay checked.

Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nau States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nau States » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You can keep your region from being raided again by going into your Regional Controls and taking Executive power away from the WA Delegate by clicking "Modify" next to the WA Delegate's slot in the Officers category, unchecking the "Executive" box, and clicking "Enact Changes."

Without Executive power for the WA Delegate, raiders can't appoint Regional Officers, which is likely to stop them from doing anything else to your region. Just to be on the safe side now that you've probably attracted their interest, you may also want to uncheck the "Communications," "Embassies," and "Polls" boxes, because they would still be able to become WA Delegate and change those settings if those boxes stay checked.

(Image)

Lucky that you're the altruistic one of the bunch, or we'd be able to see a raid loop go on for a month or two.
I have known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back...frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion. I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it...felt it!

Thatcher Whitehall
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatcher Whitehall » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 am

Hatslandia, I wouldn’t trust Cormactopia Prime. That guy is a shady character round’ these parts. If I were you, I would make sure that the WA Delegate is executive so that when evil nations enter, your delegate has the power to fight back. As Winston Churchill once said, “You can’t reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”
Last edited by Thatcher Whitehall on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thatcher Whitehall
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the government of Europeia.

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 am

Nau States wrote:As a neutral party with knowledge of TBH, I'd recommend you read on them. You see, TBH is the premier military organisation in NS. Not someone you should declare war on, in other words.
As the Egyptians once said, "Death comes on swift wings." Addendum: a Black Hawk's wings.

Hah
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:31 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You can keep your region from being raided again by going into your Regional Controls and taking Executive power away from the WA Delegate by clicking "Modify" next to the WA Delegate's slot in the Officers category, unchecking the "Executive" box, and clicking "Enact Changes."

(Image)

^^ Do this.

Also read: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=782128

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 am

What Cormac and Consular said. If you want to jab TBH you should probably look into some defending organizations, I'm sure they'd appreciate another pair of hands.
Malphe Vytherov

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 am

Revall wrote:
Nau States wrote:As a neutral party with knowledge of TBH, I'd recommend you read on them. You see, TBH is the premier military organisation in NS. Not someone you should declare war on, in other words.

Hah

same
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Nau States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nau States » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 am

Kyorgia wrote:
Revall";p="<a href="tel:34668738">34668738</a> wrote:Hah

same

Although I can't raid anymore, I haven't yet folded up my Raider Unity pom-poms and sweater-skirt combo.

Felt Karpit
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Felt Karpit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm

nope
Last edited by Felt Karpit on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're probably glad I'm gone. Just cleaning up shit then I'll cte forever

Serboro
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serboro » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Thatcher Whitehall wrote:Hatslandia, I wouldn’t trust Cormactopia Prime. That guy is a shady character round’ these parts. If I were you, I would make sure that the WA Delegate is executive so that when evil nations enter, your delegate has the power to fight back. As Winston Churchill once said, “You can’t reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”

2nd'ed. ;)
My waifu is always the answer.
Always.
~~
Major and part of the council of hawks of TBH
Sacrificer of little crumbly remains of soul for Umbra

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Thatcher Whitehall wrote:Hatslandia, I wouldn’t trust Cormactopia Prime. That guy is a shady character round’ these parts. If I were you, I would make sure that the WA Delegate is executive so that when evil nations enter, your delegate has the power to fight back. As Winston Churchill once said, “You can’t reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”

Yeah. You should definitely keep your WA delegate executive, it makes your region so much better.
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Contala
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Contala » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:52 pm

I see there is a issue with Black Hawks. We have sent a embassy request, and we plan on improving relations. We will improve relations, and we want to start a regional alliance with you. We will help protect and improve.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Op you have no idea what raids actually are. I suggest you go join a raiding and defending organization if u want to know.

Contala wrote:I see there is a issue with Black Hawks. We have sent a embassy request, and we plan on improving relations. We will improve relations, and we want to start a regional alliance with you. We will help protect and improve.

Lol

McChimp
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby McChimp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:41 am

Keep your delegacy executive and we shall have an embassy soon enough.
'YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.' - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:56 am

I agree with previous posters. You should keep executive power for the World Assembly Delegate. Makes region that much more interesting and active, you will see many more nations joining in, etc. In all of the top 8 most populous regions WAD has executive powers, you honestly think that it's just a coincidence?
Paulus Asteorra

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:33 am

These "keep the delegacy executive" jokes are really getting stale guys
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 am

Kyorgia wrote:These "keep the delegacy executive" jokes are really getting stale guys

Seriously. The first couple were mildly funny, at best. :P

Hired Contractor II
Secretary

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hired Contractor II » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:00 am

You made a good decision in choosing "AFTER SLAPPING RAIDERS SENSELESS VINNY" as your Head Of Regional Security, as he successfully thwarted a second raid attempt by The Black Hawks.
Last edited by Hired Contractor II on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay