NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of Lazarus + News

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lazarus IR Office
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazarus IR Office » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:06 am

Sorry about that, fixed (person posting: Ryccia)

Still funny though, ngl
Last edited by Lazarus IR Office on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am

Lazarus IR Office wrote:Sorry about that, fixed (person posting: Ryccia)

Still funny though, ngl

Lazcorp so unprofessional smh.
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Qvait
Envoy

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qvait » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:11 am

Custadia wrote:
Lazarus IR Office wrote:On May 27th, Vedan was charged by McChimp with conspiracy to commit misconduct and was defended by Domais. On June 11th, the court found McChimp guilty

I thought I had him on the ropes, but before I knew it... I, the prosecutor, was found guilty.

lmao where's the like button?
Em

she/her/hers

Who I am

Lazarus IR Office
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazarus IR Office » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am

Public Relations Department
August Update

Current Corporate Management

Chief Executive Officer (Delegate): Tubbius
Chief Operating Officer (Vice-Delegate): New Rogernomics
Managing Director (Prime Minister): joWhatup

Current Board of Directors (Cabinet of Lazarus)

Director of the Guard: [Vacant]
Director of Internal Management: Mzeusia
Director of Public Relations: Ryccia
Director of Shareholdership: McChimp

Current Auditors of Lazarus (Council of Lazarene Security)

Chairman: New Rogernomics
Auditors: Aflana, McChimp, Leonism, Ryccia and Killer Kitty

Current Speakership

Speaker: Debussy

Current Human Resource Officers (Court Justices)

Human Resource Officers: Amerion and Atlantica

Resignation from the Guard
By Ryccia

After much personal consideration, Whatermelons, also known as Honeydewistania, the now former Director of the Guard, has resigned on July the 23rd, 2020. We thank him for his service to Lazarus.

His resignation can be found here: https://www.nslazarus.com/thread-1573.html

Lazarene-Caer Sidi RolePlay!
By Ryccia

Lazarus and Caer Sidi have celebrated the joint STARCOM Command RP! Members from both regions on late July enjoyed this space-themed RP, where a limited amount of accepted players roleplayed a crew aboard a space station. The interest in this RP led to the limited amount of spots available to run out a day after the event commenced.

When asked about the details of the event, our Internal Department Director, Mzeusia, stated:

It was a space RP so we got assigned different characters on a space station, and the gamemaster, the person coming up with the events, came up with [them]

Writing Contest Winner!
By Ryccia

Lazarus's Internal Management Department held a writing contest in July, and a winner has been announced. Snoodum was chosen by Director Mzeusia as the victor of this competition.

When asked about the event's prevailing story, Director Mzeusia stated the following:

It was a lengthy and well-written piece that I interpreted to be about state surveillance. The story's dark themed are fast-paced and exciting, and the ending is one of further darkness and despair, portraying the Snoodian state as an uncaring entity whose citizens live in fear and, if they do slip up, are forced into hard labour where they are forgotten about.

Assembly Activity
By Debussy, Edited by Ryccia

Lately, the Assembly has been slow. In fact, Lazarus has been slow, but there has been an uptick in activity. On August 7th, Killer Kitty, now the subject of a possible second recall from the Council of Lazarene Security because of inactivity, proposed a change to Mandate 12. This proposal, entitled *Removal of Restrictions for Judicial Appointments*, would have removed the following line from the mandate: Justices may not serve in any other office while serving as Justices. Killer Kitty felt this change was needed because of "the immense difficulty in finding qualified candidates to fill all our three Justice positions."

After Wymondham's second, real resignation, Lazarus has had a vacant justice seat since May 2nd, sitting at almost 4 months without a third justice on the bench. Killer Kitty then went inactive before they could motion their proposal to vote, forcing the Speaker to restart the discussion thread to keep things moving, but that did not stop some Lazarenes from loudly voicing their opposition, particularly Demonos, who spearheaded the opposition movement. Demonos was very active in urging Shareholders to vote against the proposal, posting on the RMB and discord several times to notify citizens of the possible change to the Mandate. Demonos felt that "serving in a dual capacity as a Justice *and* any other appointed or executive position allows for a conflict of interest between the Executive and Judiciary powers of Lazarus," and had worried that "a precedent would be established to further abolish one-person-one-office policies."

At the end of the day, Demonos' position won. The vote, which required a super majority, defined as three-quarters vote by the Mandate, failed 7 to 7 with 5 abstains. The last proposal at vote, Amendments to the Criminal Code Act (July 2020), had 11 Shareholders vote. During the vote on Killer Kitty's proposal for justice reform, 19 Shareholders voted, a respectable uptick of 8 Shareholders. One thing is clear - the one-person-one-office policy is here to stay.

Last edited by Lazarus IR Office on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Custadia
Attaché

Founded: May 29, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Custadia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Report-September 2020

State

Delegate: Treadwellia
Vice Delegate: New Rogernomics

Guardian: Aflana
Guardian: Custadia
Guardian: Lazarene Ryccia
Guardian: Leonism

Speaker: Debussy

Justice: Lazarene Amerion
Justice: Atlantica

Government

Prime Minister: Temmi

Director of Internal Management: New Rogernomics
Director of Public Relations: Custadia
Director of Citizenship: Domais

News

Elections

Former Managing Director joWhatUp’s term expired at the end of August, so it was again time for elections; the third in LazCorp's history. During the candidate declaration stage, natives were surprised that joWhatUp decided not to run for another term, instead following the trend set by his predecessors. Albeit, there have only been two other elections for the position so far. Even more surprisingly, only two Shareholders decided to run: regional elder McChimp and newcomer Temmi, who had only recently returned to Lazarus have a short period of inactivity due to real-life reasons. After the dictated five day voting period came to its conclusion, Temmi had won the election with 55% of the votes in their favour with ten votes to McChimp's six with two abstentions. Temmi then appointed the following Cabinet ministers; McChimp as Director of Foreign Affairs, New Rogernomics as Director of Internal Managament and Domais as Director of Shareholdership.
Domais

New alliance with Caer Sidi!

Following efforts started by JoWhatup's administration, former Deputy Director of Public Relations Lazarene Ryccia negotiated an alliance with Caer Sidi, the Treaty of Connacht. The text of the treaty mandates recognition, non-aggression, mutual defence and both security and cultural cooperation. A continuation of our first Prime Minister Imaginary's initiative to befriend UCRs, Lazarus is proud to defend and depend upon regions such as this.
Custadia

Activity on the rise in Lazarus

Lazarus' community seems to be increasing in activity. In one week, the RMB saw 234 lodged posts, averaging at about 33 posts a day. Forum participation has also increased, reaching 10,000 posts a little over two weeks ago. Since then over 180 posts have been made, the most activity the forums have seen in months. The Regional Guard too has kicked back into activity, first deploying in NationStates Monarchists alongside Antifa to combat a fascist operation and later reinforcing Warzone Africa, stabilising the region following the latter's loss of its delegate. These occurrences indicate a general rise in activity in Lazarus but it remains to be seen if we can continue this trend.
Napels

Business of the Regional Assembly

This month Lazarus' legislature conducted an election, voted against reducing Vedan's sentence for misconduct, confirmed all of the new Prime Minister's ministerial appointments and amended the criminal code in order to decrease the scope of laws prohibiting fraud.
Custadia
AKA McChimp

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 pm

It is great to see the rising levels of activity in Lazarus! I am sure Lazarus' community will grow and prosper even more!
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 pm

The Official Newspaper of Lazarus
Issue 11 • February 2021 • 2 Pages

ANOTHER YEAR, MORE MMMPH!
By New Rogernomics 

Lazarus enters 2021 with a lot of energy, I'd hope, more activity on the Regional Message Board, and this February with regional elections there is an opportunity for whoever wins the post to put their effort into the region and set the stage for the next administration - or continue on if they stand again. This is the first Gazette issue for a while, and is also an issue a lot longer than past ones, and features interviews with the Managing Director (Prime Minister) candidates, commentary from Lazarenes on national events, and news on other issues of concern such as the developing situation in Northern Westwald.

The Lazarene Gazette is going to continue operating through the Lazarene general election. There will be another issue sent out after the elections have reached a conclusion and we have a new Managing Director (Prime Minister), as well as perhaps their final picks for the cabinet posts. 

MCCHIMP ENDS THEIR TERM, NEW ELECTIONS BEGIN
By New Rogernomics

McChimp is ending their term as Managing Director (or Prime Minister). Chanku also left the Directorship of Public Relations through a lapse in national activity removing them from office, and the Public Relations department becoming rather quiet on the foreign policy front as Chanku leaving the role occurred so close to elections. The February 2021 election season has also begun, starting with a four day standing period for nominations, a six day period for campaigning, and five day voting period. Best of luck to the candidates for Managing Director, which so far are Director Domais and Vice-Director Whatermelons.

CATCH UP WITH THE MANAGING DIRECTOR CANDIDATES
By New Rogernomics

I was lucky enough to catch up with the two candidates for Managing Director of Lazarus, and get a picture of their plans for Lazarus should they be elected to the position.

Interview with Director Domais

NEW ROGERNOMICS: How specifically do you want to go about ending the war with the NPO?

DOMAIS: Well I would have a vote and then depending on how the vote turns out would determine my future steps. If we vote to keep the war then I would end it there, but if we voted to end it, I would hold an additional vote on the proscription. I would seek to lift it. But, I would create a new embassy with them during my term.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Do you foresee any future security implications with the NPO, and if not, is the proscription still necessary?

DOMAIS: Not really. What can they do to us? I mean if they start joining in bulk then the CLS should make moves to stop them. I mean I would be hard for them to pull something without us noticing and doing something about it. If we didn't have a CLS then I would be more hesitant to remove the proscription.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: If its okay, I am going to be asking some more general questions related to your election campaign for Managing Director.

DOMAIS: Okay.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: You mention wanting to take some of our foreign relationships to the next level, which regions in particular do you plan to gear this policy towards?

DOMAIS: Yeah, well one thing I forgot to mention in the NPO thing, if we end the war with the NPO then I would have a vote on leaving the Anti-Pacific Coalition for one. We have a NAP with TSP, I think we should try to get a Mutual Defense Pact with them. We have a NAP with TNP, so that would be an area we could look at. So those two jump to mind.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Since you mention TSP, their foreign policy seems to be more defender-orientated, such as them having close ties to both TRR and XKI. Not all their citizens seem fond of expanding upon existing Lazarus-TSP relations. How do plan to work past that issue?

DOMAIS: We are neutral and there isn't a lot of neutral regions to seek out. If we just are going to go with the same alignment then we wouldn't have a lot of friends. I'll say this though, if they don't want it then we won't do it. I'm not going to press the issue. If I pressed the issue then it would be like a fake ally. If you know what I mean.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: How do you think Lazarus could go about improving off-site engagement, such as on the forum?

DOMAIS: Well, I think we should advertise our off-site activities. Using region wide TGs. Like one idea we had was putting ads in the Gazette and then publicizing that. We could do a system were we have like a recruiter that sends a TG asking them to join the forums and become a shareholder to active people on the RMB. But, like we need to manage that in a way that it doesn't become spam.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: How do you think we should organize game nights with the region?

DOMAIS: Well, that's something that wouldn't happen every week. I think that we would lose interest if we did it every week. Once every few weeks and it would happen in the discord. We would start advertising it a week early both on-site and off-site. I would be another incentive to join. Perhaps, once we get people we could have like a designated organizer in IA.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Finally, last question, why do you think people should vote for you for Managing Director?

DOMAIS: I've been doing this for a few years now and I think that my positions in Lazarus have helped me grow as a leader and a person. The last times I ran, perhaps I wasn't ready. Especially the fist time were I definitely wasn't ready. This time, I think I've been active in the region enough to know how it operates and what we need to do. I think the things that need we need to try to do are pretty clear and we have a clear path forward. So, you should vote for me because I think I can manage this ship. I think I can oversee this Lazarene operation as I have been apart of it for long enough. And, I have a vision forward.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Thanks for answering the questions, and best of luck on your campaign.

Interview with Vice-Director Whatermelons

NEW ROGERNOMICS: How specifically do you want to go about ending the war with the NPO?

WHATERMELONS: I think a shareholders vote should be held to decide.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Do you foresee any future security implications with the NPO, and if not, is the proscription still necessary?

WHATERMELONS: Not really. There should be bans for known coupers and others, but I don't see any as security threats. However if there is a consensus that we should continue proscribing people, then we should do that.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: One area of your campaign where people may be curious about is the plan to shutdown the the Department of Shareholdership. Thus far its only lawful duties are to accept or reject shareholder applications. Can you expand upon this plan to create a new department?

WHATERMELONS: I want to create a ministry that gets more people active and more active people. We will create telegram campaigns to get people to join the forums and ministries. The shareholders ministry is not very useful at the moment but with this expansion hopefully we can get more new blood in [the government].

NEW ROGERNOMICS: As part of your platform, you mention forging new treaties, specifically with TRR and TEP, how do you plan to go about improving our relations with them?

WHATERMELONS: For now we're just going to sign treaties and hopefully get to know each other better - but in the future we should participate in cultural stuff with them, etc.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: As part of your long term goals you mention organizing war games, can you explain to those with less military experience than yourself, how these would be implemented?

WHATERMELONS: It's mainly just creating regions to be tagged and the military is split into teams. So basically the one that ends up holding the region is the winner. We could also invite other militaries to join and participate.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Finally, last question, why do you think people should vote for you for Managing Director?

WHATERMELONS: I think I have the tenacity to bring Lazarus out of its current period of inactivity and back on track.

NEW ROGERNOMICS: Thanks for answering the questions I had for you, and I wish you well in your campaign.

FRANSCHUUNDENIA DEPLOYS ON NORTHERN WESTWALD BORDER
By New Rogernomics

Recently the nations of the Lazarus region have grown concerned about a developing situation between the Franschuundenia and Northern Westwald. In a move that has had increasing condemnation among many nations and stunned the region, Franschuundenia deployed a substantial military's force and threatened the sovereignty of Northern Westwald.

Franschuundenia argues that the territory of Northern Westwald is rightfully theirs, and the Northern Westwald demands that Franschuundenia move their forces off the border and respect their national sovereignty. We have unconfirmed reports of skirmishes on the border and of casualties on both sides.

The United States of Altamont offered some support to Franschuundenia, but the region has mostly condemned the actions of Franschuundenia, with Arclandia, Ashoy, The Demonos Defense Agency, and New Rogernomics offering diplomatic and military assistance. New Rogernomics has also imposed economic sanctions on Franschuundenia, but has not as yet specified what those sanctions will be.

We will keep our eyes on this conflict as the situation develops.

ARCLANDIA CELEBRATES FIRST NS BIRTHDAY!
By Arclandia

Esteemed Leaders and Noble Delegates,

It is with a glad heart that Arclandia wishes to announce its first NationStates birthday, and we would like to invite all of you to join us on our cruise fleet as our complimentary guests for this most historic of anniversaries. The flagship of the fleet, the A.W.C. Staffordshire, has been remodeled with accommodations fit especially for His Immensity, Tubbius, Honored Leader of the Tubbian Treadwellians, his charming spouse, and any entourage that delights them so that all invited may participate. If you would like to honor us with a gift, we have all our needs met, want for nothing, and most gratefully request instead that you donate to our Foreign Aid budget or engage in a goodwill mission in our name within our parameters to benefit your neighbors as this will most nobly reflect our culture to the world. Accommodations are otherwise first-come, first-serve, and no worries about who gets better what than whom: we are a remarkably egalitarian culture and wouldn't put anyone in such a position. We are excited to see as many of you as are keen to join us. In celebration, we have again gone through the roster of Lazarene nations to exchange as much diplomacy as we are able by means of exchanging World Assembly endorsements so as to add to the integrated strength of the region and extend a friendly hand of greeting. If you miss the festivities or cannot attend, there are no hard feelings; you can still celebrate from afar by trading Foreign Aid to your neighbors. May you all enjoy a prosperous 2021!

<<THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN PAID FOR BY THE Arclandian Ambassadorial Division AND Arclandian Diplomacy Corps.>>

Most Exuberantly,
Arc Ignius Rex
Chief Public Administrator to the Free Land of Arclandia
via
The Arclandian Ambassadorial Division
The Arclandian Diplomacy Corps
and all topically relevant central agencies

The NPO WAR IMPLICATIONS, AND THE FUTURE
By New Rogernomics

Lazarus has been at war with the New Pacific Order for a considerable amount of time, so the question that some Lazarenes, New Pacific Order citizens and the Nationstates community as whole may ask is: when do we plan to end it, and if we do not end it, what will our justification be to continuing it.

Crucially, there are two factors at play that determine Lazarene-New Pacific Order relations, which involve whether the New Pacific Order is to be considered a threat or a potential friend? If the former, ending the war will be more just declaring a factual reality that Lazarus and the New Pacific Order have not made any hostile moves towards one another, and the war in that sense is pointless to continue. If the later, then laws to keep New Pacific Order citizens out of Lazarus who were not significantly involved in the dispute with the NPO and not named in the initial demands send by Lazarus, is not necessarily a sign of trust or friendship.

As far as Lazarus is concerned it does not have to change it's position if it does not want to, as there are no external problems beyond the practical ones, meaning through the proscription NPO citizens are not permitted, and threats are legally not permitted to exist in the region - so if a threat was exposed it would be immediately removed without requiring a peace-time procedure i.e. a court proceeding or Council of Lazarene Security vote. There is also no active state of war, as neither side is actually interested in hostile actions towards one another at this time, in public sense at least - as if such a plot would exist it would be hidden behind walls of regional security and in a lockbox somewhere.

As I write this it is obvious that I am not going to be entirely objective, just as if someone from the New Pacific Order wrote about us, or if an ally of either region wrote about us; or if someone with major greviances towards either region wrote about Lazarus-New Pacific Order relations. It is reasonable for me to speak therefore as Lazarene, and not put up some wall behind what I state as a journalist and what I reflect upon as citizen. So with that in mind, I'll state what I think could be a fair assessment of our relations so far.

That Lazarus has been divided over how to run itself seems without question given it has switched between defender and raider spheres of influence, and had civil wars and coups. For most Lazarenes revelations over the New Pacific Order shook the region to its core, and brought back wounds that go back to when the New Lazarene Order was overthrown. Lazarus at the time those revelations broke was barely even re-establishing an administration, still on training wheels so to speak, and there was a combination of anger, disbelief and disappointment - especially as the New Pacific Order was one of the regions that had been trusted to participate in the ill-fated Peacekeeper Agreement and Constitutional Convention process. Whether other regions can view the Lazarene declaration of war as an action of an in-experienced government and assembly reacting to something it was unprepared for, and taking rash action, or the greatest expression of discontent with how it felt it had been treated by the New Pacific Order government - is really up to how you interpret the evidence at the time.

Where I have have disagreed with some of my fellow Lazarenes and some foreign governments is over whether a region really holds to itself, if it ignores something so disturbing and an un-acceptable to its nature, and lets it pass merely for geo-political advantage. Certainly if Lazarus is to hold inter-regional credibility it has to either hold to its positions or respond in face of new evidence. In the case of Lazarus the Delegate had two choices, which depending which side you support, could be terrible or necessary: hold a vote to give Lazarenes a say on foreign policy, or refuse the vote in a technocratic manner, so that the political elite can carefully decide which path to follow - even if it ignores public opinion.

When the vote was held Lazarenes overwhelmingly voted for war, and the government respected that decision, and implemented it. Then when other regions left the war, Lazarus held firm to its position, which in itself was a statement of sincerity, or some might describe as stubbornness - again up to what your opinion was on the war itself when the measure was passed. Such a position however also gives Lazarus a great opportunity to re-engage with the New Pacific Order on positive terms, being a region that holds to its ideals and agreements - even if those ideals and agreements may be in conflict with geo-political advantage. What better friend or ally could there be in Nationstates, than a region that stands by its word - even if that word causes laughter or mirth.

Whether Lazarus decides to end this war or continue it, Lazarenes can at least well into the future know that when the major decisions happen that can make or break the region, they have a voice. Just like they did over the New Pacific Order. That is perhaps what counts more than anything else. Trust is earned, as is respect, and Lazarene administrations trust and respect their citizens to make the right choice. If it can do that, then other regions have reason to trust and respect Lazarus, as we do not abandon our principles or sell out anyone. Lazarus stands its ground, holds its flag, and in failure or success does its best to move forward.

Disclaimer: This article was opinion, and as such is the view of a private citizen, and not the official position of Lazarus nor the Lazarene government.

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:53 pm

A wonderful issue of The Lazarene Gazette! It was a pleasure to read!
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 am

There's a lot to be said for the simpler format of the Lazarene Gazette over the 'come to our site' 'see our dispatch' approaches of other publications. A breath of fresh air, even.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:57 am

Enjoyed the read, a quality issue.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:19 am

If the proscription is lifted then ill be coming back again, you lucky buggers :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Moezarus
Civilian

Founded: May 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

The Summer Lazarus World Tour Experience: Foreign Visits

Postby Moezarus » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Announcement from the Prime Minister
The Summer Lazarus World Tour Experience

Greetings, esteemed members and friends of the NationStates gameplay community.

I am pleased to announce that over the next few weeks, I will be embarking on foreign visits to all of Lazarus' currently treatied allies. This will serve as a way for me to meet with the current regional leaders of our partners, reaffirm our relationship, as well as introduce myself to the regional communities. It is my hope that this will be an opportunity for Lazarus to strengthen its relationships (as well as provide me with a government-subsidized world tour vacation). The visits will include serious government and policy discussions, magic tricks, Taylor Swift concerts, postcard photographs, and other amusements. I hope everyone finds it enjoyable. The schedule for the first leg of the tour is presented below:

Itinerary:

July 24-26: Osiris
July 27-29: The West Pacific

Thank you for your attention,
Moe
Prime Minister of Lazarus

Clorinda
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

December 2021 Update

Postby Clorinda » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:20 pm

Hot Off the Presses of the Public Relations Department: It’s an Update!
December 2021

Current Management

Chief Executive Officer (Delegate): Treadwellia (Tubbius)
Managing Director (Prime Minister): Domais

Director of the Guard: joWhatup
Director of Internal Management: Deadeye Jack
Director of Public Relations: Clorinda

Chairman of the Board (Vice-Delegate): New Rogernomics
Auditors: Debussy, McChimp, and Leonism

Current Speakership

Speaker: Agalaesia
Deputy Speaker: Wang Yao

Human Resource Officers: Chanku, Ryccia, and Wymondham

Domais Elected Managing Director
By Clorinda

From December 13th to the 28th the region was afflicted with a familiar sickness: election fever. It was once again time for shareholders (the citizenry) to select the next Managing Director.

Incumbent Managing Director McChimp, also known as Custadia, declined to throw their hat into the ring so the debate stage this term was dominated by only two candidates: Director of Shareholdership Domais and citizen Deadeye Jack. With the prior ending up victorious with 15 votes to Jack’s 4, Domais was elected on December 28 in a landslide (15, 79%; to 4. 21%).

Shortly thereafter, Managing Director Domais announced their appointments to the cabinet…

Cabinet Announced
By Clorinda

Following the election of Domais to the post of Managing Director, he nominated his opponent Deadeye Jack to the position of Director of Internal Management and Clorinda, McChimp, and JoWhatup (following CEO Tubbius’ consent) to the directorates of Public Relations, Shareholdership, and the Regional Guard respectively.

Now all four directors are just awaiting Assembly confirmation, a process that will begin soon.

(Appointments can be viewed here.)

Court Activities
By Clorinda

Following Wymondham’s recent reappointment to the court, the court has issued a ruling on multiple questions left unanswered since October of 2020.

On December 29th, Chanku, speaking as the face of the court, ruled that advice given by the granting official defined in the Lazarene Citizenship Act to the Chief Executive Officer (Delegate) is nonbinding and simply just a recommendation while maintaining that the process still must be followed despite this.

Additionally, it has been ruled by the court that in the absence of a granting official the Chief Executive Officer may process applications of their own accord and that the Prime Minister, while currently being able to nominate the granting official in the form of a “Director of Shareholdership” does not have any formal power over the office.

2021 Comes to a Close
Happy Holidays

With 2022 coming to a close, Lazarus would like to wish everyone happy holidays. May this new year bring success, prosperity, and luck to you all. Happy New Year, we’ll see you in late January - early February so we can officially commemorate the Year of the Tiger.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Clorinda wrote:
With 2022 coming to a close

Time travel! :blink:

Clorinda
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clorinda » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Clorinda wrote:
With 2022 coming to a close

Time travel! :blink:

Oops, I guess Laz has become unstuck in time. :P

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Clorinda wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Time travel! :blink:

Oops, I guess Laz has become unstuck in time. :P

Good update though otherwise, I do like the more minimalist style

Domais
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2018

Postby Domais » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Imki Square, Jan. 8th a crowd of thousands of loyal employees and shareholders gathered in Imki Square last night expectantly awaiting the news from their overlords. Domais, prominent Shareholder and Managing Director dressed in a very voguish emerald green tuxedo, proudly stood high above the rowdy crowd, on a lazarene green balcony, and in front of a similarly colored podium, behind him stood two giant statues of company founder and former CEO Imki, and current CEO Tubbius. These statues we must note are made of pure emeralds, a symbol of the company's wealth and power.

The Managing Director, flanked on his podium by Clorinda, Director of Public Relations also dressed very fashionably, walked very stylishly up to the mic and exclaimed with great joy "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls we've done it!" The jubilant crowd cried out in applause at the Managing Director's statement of fact. That’s not all, the Managing Director went on much to the crowd's delight "the War with the New Pacific Order, and the Proscriptions are no more!" A second more deafening round was heard.

The Managing Director said “Thank you, and have a good night” to the crowd and a third less deafening applause was heard as the Managing Director looked at the Director of Public Relations who nodded, and the Managing Director followed by the Director of Public Relations, very elegantly made his way to the two-thousand step staircase leading to the square below, because the elevator was out of order. They then in a sophisticated fashion walked down said stairs, greeted by a cheering crowd.

Folks, the cleaning crews are still cleaning up the mess made by party-goers last night in their legendary escapades which may be reported on soon.

As of Friday, January 7, 2021, all conflict with the New Pacific Order, the governing body of The Pacific, has been nullified following the passage of A.R.R. 1 “Cessation of Hostilities with the New Pacific Order”.

This formal repeal of A.R. 2, “War with the NPO” and A.R. 4, “Proscription of the New Pacific Order”, once again marks the overturning of an unfought war and Lazarus’ willingness to drop a pointless grudge.

We hope to display forgiveness, although we may never forget the events of 2018, Lazarus would like to extend a hand to the community in humility. We recognize the numerous changes to the Order’s government and would like to meet progress with progress.

Full text of the said resolution can be found here.
Last edited by Domais on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Prime Minister of Lazarus!
Delegate Emeritus of Warzones, Australia, Asia, Airspace and Africa
Voted Best Delegate of Warzone Airspace for the year 2019!

Clorinda
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clorinda » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:44 pm

What’s that? It’s a Bird, it’s a Plane, No, it’s another UPDATE From Public Relations!
January — February 2022

Current Management

Chief Executive Officer (Delegate): Treadwellia (Tubbius)
Managing Director (Prime Minister): Domais

Director of the Guard: joWhatup
Director of Internal Management: Deadeye Jack
Director of Public Relations: Clorinda

Chairman of the Board (Vice-Delegate): New Rogernomics
Auditors: Debussy, McChimp, and Leonism

Current Speakership

Speaker: Agalaesia
Deputy Speaker: Wang Yao

Human Resource Officers: Chanku, Ryccia, and Wymondham

TWPLAZa — Fun For All Species
By Clorinda

The end of January not only marked Lazarene preparation for the Lunar New Year this year, but for festivities with The West Pacific as well.

From January 28 - 31 (with photography and writing contest results announced on February 1) Lazarus and The West Pacific jointly hosted an open event aptly named “TWPLAZa”. The festival, fittingly enough, was centered around the arts (not that one, Sun Tzu) and nature. Its three main attractions, the writing, photography, and card contests, were won by Zoran, Blue, and Alon respectively.

Additionally a surprise AMA with Giovanniland was held by Clorinda featuring audience participation. The text of that can be read here.

War Is Over?
By Clorinda

Before 2022 could even muster up the courage to learn how to walk, the government of Lazarus swept the newborn off its feet with a brutal legsweep that could only be described as “totally rad”. On January 7, 2022 the Assembly of Lazarus passed A.R.R. #1 “Cessation of Hostilities with the New Pacific Order”, a resolution that effectively repealed both A.R. #2 “War with the NPO” and A.R. #4 “Proscription of the New Pacific Order”. What this means is that John and Yoko were right about one thing.

The resolution was met with outstanding support from the region’s citizenry, with eleven votes for and two against the motion.

What this means is that cross membership with citizens of the New Pacific Order is now allowed. (Note: However, this of course does not apply to former citizens of the NPO indicted in crimes against the region following Task Force Lazarus.)

Court Slowly Getting Back On Its Feet
By Ryccia

The court is slowly but surely getting back to fulfilling its duties. After filling its ranks, the court now sports a full membership and is ready to operate. Despite difficulties in recent months, the court continues to slowly but certainly march on, having reached a verdict on yet another legal question concerning out-of-character bans, this one also unanimous, with all judges agreeing with the opinion in full. With more rulings to come, Laz’s judicial branch is slowly but surely making a comeback.

Dawn of the Year of the Tiger
Happy Holidays

Laz would like to welcome the world into the Year of the Tiger, please collect your ya sui qian from our herald if they haven’t been robbed by bandits while delivering this update already.

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:00 am

Posting so someone at least said something between the last update and the future one. Also, not so sure about the cross membership line.
Last edited by Debussy on Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clorinda
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Clorinda » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:15 am

Debussy wrote:Posting so someone at least said something between the last update and the future one. Also, not so sure about the cross membership line.

Wut.

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008

Postby Aenglaland » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:18 am

Nice update, Laz
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

Dome Artan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dome Artan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:20 pm

I was just wondering out of many registered citizens does the 13 voters come from? Although if cit count is private I'd understand.

Extrememeasures
Civilian

Founded: May 05, 2007

Lazarus Release on Repeal of the Treaty of the Sun

Postby Extrememeasures » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Lazarus Release on Repeal of the Treaty of the Sun

As many know Lazarus stands firm with a neutral stance when it comes to the world around it. The events that have transpired recently does not change our official stance. After the events of Operation Ragnarok the government of Lazarus felt it needed to do something in response to Osiris’s unwillingness to budge on their allies The Brotherhood of Malice. The Brotherhood of Malice’s behavior has been very unbecoming of a raider organization as of late, so it was felt best to distance Lazarus from potential liabilities that may have arisen. It has been the consistent policy of Lazarus since Imkiville became Delegate to seek to avoid foreign conflicts or disputes with other regions where possible.

We chose to seek the route of revising the current Treaty of the Sun to make it more acceptable to our other regional friends and partners, while retaining our good ties with Osiris. However, after long negotiations with Osiris it has become apparent that we can’t come to terms that both Lazarus and Osiris can feel comfortable with.

This being said I have officially tonight started the discussion followed by the vote to Repeal the Treaty of the Sun and cut all ties with our sister region. This has not come as an easy decision by any means, but I feel this is in the best interest of Lazarus at this time.

Managing Director Extrememeasures
Last edited by Extrememeasures on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkadia Universalis
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arkadia Universalis » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Osiris finds both the contents and circumstances of this announcement disturbing. Myself, Hazel, Ellenburg, and NewRogernomics have been in good faith negotiations about amending the treaty for nearly two weeks. As recently as 4PM EST today, these conversations were ongoing and the Lazarene party gave us absolutely no indication that anything was amiss. We believe that this announcement is not only disrespectful, but disingenuous as well. The timing and tone implies to us that Lazarus blames Osiris for these efforts failing, while Osiris has made effort at every stage of this discussion. We are disappointed in Lazarus’ profound lack of professional courtesy and respect in this endeavor.
“In the name of the Hather, the Son, and the Bowler Spirit, I bless thee.” - Pope Hatrick I

Quebecshire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:48 pm

Congratulations Lazarus, on getting Ark to say anything on the matter other than a weak self-destructive shitpost. Seems nobody else could, so that’s impressive!

But in all seriousness, good to see this move from you guys.
PATRIOT OF THE LEAGUE REDEEMER OF CONCORD
Defender Moralist | Consul of the LDF | Warden-Lieutenant Emeritus | Commended
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay