NATION

PASSWORD

10000 Islands Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kanaia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 174
Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:55 pm

10000 Islands Foreign Affairs wrote:
10000 Islands and The League – Joint Statement on Proposed Frontier/Stronghold Update

(Image)


The new proposed technical update currently termed “Frontiers/Strongholds” (formerly known as Democracy/Autocracy) seeks to change the foundation of regional gameplay itself. The update claims it will help the unsatisfactory status quo in recruitment and provide an engaging change to the game by redirecting power accumulation inherent within the current nature of GCRs. Many players have voiced opposition to this, and regions such as Thaecia, Europeia, and The Communist Bloc have outwardly stated opposition to this.

As defenders and user-created regions concerned about the health of the game and its communities, 10000 Islands and The League are unequivocally opposed to the implementation of the Frontier/Stronghold update. There are a number of issues with the proposed change that range from putting a variety of communities at risk to devaluing the work of the Security Council, which we believe outweigh any potential benefits of the update.

Most concerningly, the change perpetuates the idea that a region would “consent” to raiding and defending by selecting democracy. Selecting democracy will lure inexperienced players or those seeking to boost regional recruitment, providing a temporary boost while putting their regions at extreme vulnerability to hostile actors. Those who choose to protect their communities will be forced to continue navigating a sub-par recruitment situation, something this change does nothing to improve. Regional leaders will be forced to choose between accepting violations of their regional sovereignty as legitimate and their ability to effectively build their region. The changes sideline region-building in favor of military gameplay. NationStates is a social and community based game, and we firmly believe that many players remain involved in NationStates because of this social aspect. The idea that communities must be able to be destroyed and must need to make themselves vulnerable to destruction to be able to prosper is a dangerous one, that misunderstands the true appeal of NationStates to many players as a place to become involved in caring communities. Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game. Out of concern for the damage and instability communities of both current and future regions will be forced to face under this proposed update, our regions stand firmly in opposition to such a change.

Furthermore, the update would have harmful consequences regarding the Security Council. The suggested “Embargo” category is extremely problematic for a healthy SC for several reasons. Most likely, the Embargo category, like others, will be subjected to joke proposals or underhanded and petty attempts to abuse the category by authors against regions they dislike, generally wasting the time and energy of those genuinely involved in the SC. More seriously, if a region with severe out-of-character issues, or even a fascist region, were to be an eligible democracy, the expectation that consequences be dealt out via the Embargo category furthers the narrative that these issues are for the players to handle as a part of gameplay, rather a continued state of insufficient action on the part of site moderation.

We recognize the good intentions of the proposed update in redistributing influence across a broader array of regions and providing a new method of playing NationStates, however, 10000 Islands and The League believe that these changes will prove to be far less effective than might be hoped. Given the pre-existing infrastructure of large regions, and especially GCRs, of welcoming and incorporating new players into the game, these regions will have a far easier time gaining new players as “Frontier” regions, over newer, smaller regions. Combined with the near-exclusive stability these regions will have due to their large size and endorsement count, we believe that this update will not provide an effective means of redistributing or diluting influence or altering the power dynamics currently found within NationStates. Rather than providing the desired benefits, we believe the proposed changes would simply make region-building and encouraging involvement by new players more difficult.

While we understand the desire of regions to see changes in the game, namely in recruitment and adjacent processes, we are confident that the Frontiers and Strongholds update is not the way to bring about beneficial change to the site. We stand with the other regions and individuals in opposition to this proposed change and encourage people to speak their minds about this issue in the appropriate venues.

Wischland, Delegate of 10000 Islands
Hakketomat, Chief Executive of 10000 Islands

Quebecshire, Consul and LDF Commander of The League
Spode Humbled Minions, Director of Foreign Affairs of The League


Wholeheartedly agree. Tempting regions with a permanent loss of security for tenuous boost to recruitment is short sighted at best, and malicious at worst.
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6430
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Also obviously agree with 10XI’s thoughts, although I also think the stronghold proposal could just work to undermine the existing R/D game altogether by giving more credence to the notion of consent where it doesn’t necessarily exist.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of TRR | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // Collected works // The Gameplay Alignment Test //
Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Galiantus III
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1045
Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Galiantus III » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:22 pm

10000 Islands Foreign Affairs wrote:Most concerningly, the change perpetuates the idea that a region would “consent” to raiding and defending by selecting democracy. Selecting democracy will lure inexperienced players or those seeking to boost regional recruitment, providing a temporary boost while putting their regions at extreme vulnerability to hostile actors. Those who choose to protect their communities will be forced to continue navigating a sub-par recruitment situation, something this change does nothing to improve. Regional leaders will be forced to choose between accepting violations of their regional sovereignty as legitimate and their ability to effectively build their region.

This is an extremely weak argument, because it is contradictory by nature:
  1. "Choosing to be a frontier will be too dangerous, and it will be horrible for these regions."
  2. "Not choosing to be a frontier will just make recruitment so hard, and it will be horrible for these regions."

Point #1: Founderless regions already exist without receiving new nations. Being a frontier is objectively better than being another sort of founderless region, so all this really amounts to is "being a founderless region is hard" - which is not a criticism of this proposal.

Point #2: Changing where new nations spawn does absolutely nothing to the recruiting pool. The only rational argument here is that new frontier regions would have significantly higher retention than current GCRs, thereby shrinking the recruitment pool for non-frontier regions. This argument must be made somwhere later, right...?

Given the pre-existing infrastructure of large regions, and especially GCRs, of welcoming and incorporating new players into the game, these regions will have a far easier time gaining new players as “Frontier” regions, over newer, smaller regions.

Well isn't that awkward. If frontier regions are going to do worse than GCRs at retaining new players, that would make recruitment easier. Yet the claim by the statement is that recruitment would be harder. So that's another contradiction.

The changes sideline region-building in favor of military gameplay. NationStates is a social and community based game, and we firmly believe that many players remain involved in NationStates because of this social aspect. The idea that communities must be able to be destroyed and must need to make themselves vulnerable to destruction to be able to prosper is a dangerous one, that misunderstands the true appeal of NationStates to many players as a place to become involved in caring communities. Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game. Out of concern for the damage and instability communities of both current and future regions will be forced to face under this proposed update, our regions stand firmly in opposition to such a change.

So there should be no conflict... in a multiplayer game? This is clearly an ideological position, not a statement about care for the game. The goal here is to eliminate military gameplay: if the debate were "should R/D continue to exist?", this paragraph would fit in very nicely.

Furthermore, the update would have harmful consequences regarding the Security Council. The suggested “Embargo” category is extremely problematic for a healthy SC for several reasons. Most likely, the Embargo category, like others, will be subjected to joke proposals or underhanded and petty attempts to abuse the category by authors against regions they dislike, generally wasting the time and energy of those genuinely involved in the SC. More seriously, if a region with severe out-of-character issues, or even a fascist region, were to be an eligible democracy, the expectation that consequences be dealt out via the Embargo category furthers the narrative that these issues are for the players to handle as a part of gameplay, rather a continued state of insufficient action on the part of site moderation.

The only thing I agree with here is that the Embargo category is probably not something we want to be adding to the SC. But my reasons for that position are totally different. If a region with severe OOC issues, or a fascist region, ever obtains a frontier region, chances are it would be much faster to just invade them and boot them out than pass a resolution. But XKI and TL can't say that, because they don't want these issues solved by gameplay. They want the mods to intervene and eliminate all forms of military gameplay.

--

The general lack of internal consistency here, combined with the fact that these regions will not address the proposal where they should be is astounding. It speaks to the fact that this is not a serious or well thought out position, but a publicity stunt. Or perhaps there's not much critical thinking happening at all, and these statements are an emotion-driven reaction to the possibility of change. Whatever the case, these statements should not be treated as valid commentary on Sedge's proposal.
man noun : an adult male human
male noun : of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa
he pronoun : used to refer to a man, boy, or male animal previously mentioned or identified

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

User avatar
Spode humbLed minions
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: May 13, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Spode humbLed minions » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 pm

“If a region with severe OOC issues, or a fascist region, ever obtains a frontier region, chances are it would be much faster to just invade them and boot them out than pass a resolution.”
Yes*

“But XKI and TL can't say that, because they don't want these issues solved by gameplay”
Well, yes to the second part?*

“They want the mods to intervene and eliminate all forms of military gameplay.
(Bolding mine)
Hol up.
All forms of military gameplay is not equivalent to antifascist R/D (and R/D carried out for OOC reasons in general). This is a cringe logical fallacy, so now I get to ignore everything else you said. :sunglasses:*

*Ye olde ‘this ain’t official or representing any region just because I hold a position’ disclaimer
Removing the public debatebro filter for a moment here, I think this is a misrepresentation, where Galiantus has taken the more controversial take (extreme defender moralism) and believes that’s what the statement represents. I believe that it is trying to put forth the more pedestrian argument often put forward that we shouldn’t let the site administration gamify what should be basic moderation (see, not kicking Nazis for ages). It’s reductive to try and take that argument and boil it down into “mods pls delete raiding”.*
Director of Foreign Affairs for The League

"Sadly we do not have seven plagues to soften your hardened heart" - Some dude said it to me

User avatar
Galiantus III
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1045
Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Galiantus III » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Spode humbLed minions wrote:I believe that it is trying to put forth the more pedestrian argument often put forward that we shouldn’t let the site administration gamify what should be basic moderation (see, not kicking Nazis for ages). It’s reductive to try and take that argument and boil it down into “mods pls delete raiding”.*

I know that's what they were directly saying, but I'm coming from the context of the previous paragraph, which directly states "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game." which is very much a call to end raiding.

Also, I appreciate the direct engagement. I particularly dislike how the leadership of XKI, TL, and Europeia are choosing to hide their positions behind region-wide statements than actually coming out as individuals to make cogent arguments.
man noun : an adult male human
male noun : of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa
he pronoun : used to refer to a man, boy, or male animal previously mentioned or identified

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3640
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 am

The proposed changes will obviously be opposed by major regions because they have a vested interest in the status quo. One thing that's apparent to anyone is that GP has stagnated recently and only GCRs and major regions that have the resources and willingness to sink actual money into this game have any sort of influence. Gone are the days when a mid-size region could have any meaningful impact on GP and politics have calcified around a handful of players that together control or otherwise influence the policy of the major UCRs and GCRs.

The defenderites such as XKI may moralize about regions 'consenting' to be raided and the imperialist cabal such as Europeia may whine about issues with recruitment not being addressed, each in a feeble attempt to deny the reality that each is motivated by greed for power and fear of their iron-held spheres of influence being diminished. The reality, however, is that the proposed changes have the potential to allow groups outside of the clique of 'approved' GPers to once again meaningfully impact interregional politics, and the established members of that clique, regardless of how poorly they may get along among themselves, are going to try and raise hell to prevent their power from diminishing. I say let the world burn, and we will craft a new GP out of the chaos!
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Mingulay Isle
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mingulay Isle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 am

Galiantus III wrote:
Spode humbLed minions wrote:I believe that it is trying to put forth the more pedestrian argument often put forward that we shouldn’t let the site administration gamify what should be basic moderation (see, not kicking Nazis for ages). It’s reductive to try and take that argument and boil it down into “mods pls delete raiding”.*

I know that's what they were directly saying, but I'm coming from the context of the previous paragraph, which directly states "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game." which is very much a call to end raiding.

Also, I appreciate the direct engagement. I particularly dislike how the leadership of XKI, TL, and Europeia are choosing to hide their positions behind region-wide statements than actually coming out as individuals to make cogent arguments.

The claim that we're hiding instead of coming out to debate is ridiculous. We've done both. I've been contributing fairly regularly, having suggested a way to avoid most of the complaints from UCRs while making the update better at reaching it's goals and suggesting the name strongholds instead of autocracies.

Yet I suppose that doesn't count unless I wave a big XKI banner when I do so.
Of course if I did then I wouldn't be contributing as an individual.

Also has it occurred to you that these regional statements are intended as just that, official statements from the region?

The North Polish Union wrote:The proposed changes will obviously be opposed by major regions because they have a vested interest in the status quo. One thing that's apparent to anyone is that GP has stagnated recently and only GCRs and major regions that have the resources and willingness to sink actual money into this game have any sort of influence. Gone are the days when a mid-size region could have any meaningful impact on GP and politics have calcified around a handful of players that together control or otherwise influence the policy of the major UCRs and GCRs.

The defenderites such as XKI may moralize about regions 'consenting' to be raided and the imperialist cabal such as Europeia may whine about issues with recruitment not being addressed, each in a feeble attempt to deny the reality that each is motivated by greed for power and fear of their iron-held spheres of influence being diminished. The reality, however, is that the proposed changes have the potential to allow groups outside of the clique of 'approved' GPers to once again meaningfully impact interregional politics, and the established members of that clique, regardless of how poorly they may get along among themselves, are going to try and raise hell to prevent their power from diminishing. I say let the world burn, and we will craft a new GP out of the chaos!

The only regions that will benefit from the current proposals are massive regions like XKI which could survive as gateways. Regions like yours will just be made less attractive to new players, and even more attractive to raiders once your founder CTE's
Last edited by Mingulay Isle on Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 487
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:49 am

Galiantus III wrote:I know that's what they were directly saying, but I'm coming from the context of the previous paragraph, which directly states "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game." which is very much a call to end raiding.

I can't speak for XKI, but you're blatantly mischaracterizing The League's position at least.

We never said site administration should step in and end raiding. What we said is that raiding is not a necessity of the game. Too often, people say "well, defenders don't actually dislike raiding because they wouldn't exist without it" - no, we'd very much be fine with a post-raiding NS. If defenders could ever somehow widely eliminate raiding that'd be pretty cool. Will it ever happen? No, because that's not how the battles of r/d work. Don't lie. Nowhere did we said site staff should eliminate raiding.

I don't know why this, in particular, eludes your understanding. It seems fairly straightforward to me.
Last edited by Quebecshire on Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consul and LDF Command of The League
Warden-Lieutenant in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Public Relations Director of NationStates Today
Player Résumé
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views." - Redacted
"[Quebec is] one of the pettiest individuals it has ever been the human race's misfortunate to spawn." - RCN
"I hope you retire ASAP so LDF doesn't become just another anal-retentive defender org." - RiderSyl
"I find it disappointing that Quebec has posted without saying cope." - Fauxia
"Quebec himself is unconventional." - Xoriet

User avatar
Galiantus III
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1045
Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Galiantus III » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Mingulay Isle wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:I know that's what they were directly saying, but I'm coming from the context of the previous paragraph, which directly states "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game." which is very much a call to end raiding.

Also, I appreciate the direct engagement. I particularly dislike how the leadership of XKI, TL, and Europeia are choosing to hide their positions behind region-wide statements than actually coming out as individuals to make cogent arguments.

The claim that we're hiding instead of coming out to debate is ridiculous. We've done both. I've been contributing fairly regularly, having suggested a way to avoid most of the complaints from UCRs while making the update better at reaching it's goals and suggesting the name strongholds instead of autocracies.

Yet I suppose that doesn't count unless I wave a big XKI banner when I do so.
Of course if I did then I wouldn't be contributing as an individual.

Also has it occurred to you that these regional statements are intended as just that, official statements from the region?

The only reason to use your region as a platform for this is to give the false impression of overwhelming opposition, when the reality is 90% of the people in these regions have not participated in the technical discussion, have any idea it is happening, or have an opinion on it whatsoever (except the opinion foisted upon them by regional leadership). It is extremely underhanded and should be called out for what it is.

Quebecshire wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:I know that's what they were directly saying, but I'm coming from the context of the previous paragraph, which directly states "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game." which is very much a call to end raiding.

We never said site administration should step in and end raiding. What we said is that raiding is not a necessity of the game. Too often, people say "well, defenders don't actually dislike raiding because they wouldn't exist without it" - no, we'd very much be fine with a post-raiding NS. If defenders could ever somehow widely eliminate raiding that'd be pretty cool. Will it ever happen? No, because that's not how the battles of r/d work. Don't lie. Nowhere did we said site staff should eliminate raiding.

If you don't want site staff to end raiding, why does your joint statement, which is effectively to site staff, directly say ""Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game."? That would necessarily include raiding. So either you signed a statement you didn't actually read or understand, or you are indeed advocating for the abolition of raiding. Which is it? It's really rich for you to call me a liar for something with your signature on it.
man noun : an adult male human
male noun : of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa
he pronoun : used to refer to a man, boy, or male animal previously mentioned or identified

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

User avatar
Quebecshire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 487
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Galiantus III wrote:If you don't want site staff to end raiding, why does your joint statement, which is effectively to site staff, directly say ""Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game."? That would necessarily include raiding. So either you signed a statement you didn't actually read or understand, or you are indeed advocating for the abolition of raiding. Which is it? It's really rich for you to call me a liar for something with your signature on it.

I literally just explained to you what it means, or at least how The League feels about it.

Raiding is not necessary for the game. We believe that. The League('s Defense Forces) have and will put consistent and daily effort into mitigating raiding, which is the most realistic solution as raiding will never be fully eliminated.

Nowhere in that statement did we say site staff should eliminate raiding, and I clarified to you that we specifically did not argue that in my response. The idea that site staff are how we think all raiding should be dealt with is something you pulled out of thin air, not something we said.
Consul and LDF Command of The League
Warden-Lieutenant in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Public Relations Director of NationStates Today
Player Résumé
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views." - Redacted
"[Quebec is] one of the pettiest individuals it has ever been the human race's misfortunate to spawn." - RCN
"I hope you retire ASAP so LDF doesn't become just another anal-retentive defender org." - RiderSyl
"I find it disappointing that Quebec has posted without saying cope." - Fauxia
"Quebec himself is unconventional." - Xoriet

User avatar
Galiantus III
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1045
Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Galiantus III » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:If you don't want site staff to end raiding, why does your joint statement, which is effectively to site staff, directly say "Conflict, namely conflict which can harm communities, is not a necessity of this game."? That would necessarily include raiding. So either you signed a statement you didn't actually read or understand, or you are indeed advocating for the abolition of raiding. Which is it? It's really rich for you to call me a liar for something with your signature on it.

I literally just explained to you what it means, or at least how The League feels about it.

Raiding is not necessary for the game. We believe that. The League('s Defense Forces) have and will put consistent and daily effort into mitigating raiding, which is the most realistic solution as raiding will never be fully eliminated.

Nowhere in that statement did we say site staff should eliminate raiding, and I clarified to you that we specifically did not argue that in my response. The idea that site staff are how we think all raiding should be dealt with is something you pulled out of thin air, not something we said.

And this argument is completely irrelevant because your statement is clearly addressed to site staff. The only reason to say "conflict which can harm communities is not a necessity of this game" is because you dislike that this proposal would encourage military gameplay (something you have been very clear about). The fact that you have readily admitted you indeed wish for raiding to be put to a stop, and that you have addressed site staff with this statement, is proof I am correct. So stop deflecting.
man noun : an adult male human
male noun : of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa
he pronoun : used to refer to a man, boy, or male animal previously mentioned or identified

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

User avatar
Quebecshire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 487
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Galiantus III wrote:And this argument is completely irrelevant because your statement is clearly addressed to site staff. The only reason to say "conflict which can harm communities is not a necessity of this game" is because you dislike that this proposal would encourage military gameplay (something you have been very clear about). The fact that you have readily admitted you indeed wish for raiding to be put to a stop, and that you have addressed site staff with this statement, is proof I am correct. So stop deflecting.

"If I take two separate points and draw an imaginary line between them, I can invent what your position is despite you several times clarifying that it is not your position."

Uh-huh.

Look, this isn't my thread, so I'm not going to argue further with you here. Before you call me a coward or accuse me of avoiding the argument, allow me to extend the invitation to argue on The League's thread, so we wouldn't be flooding XKI's with a back and forth.
Consul and LDF Command of The League
Warden-Lieutenant in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Public Relations Director of NationStates Today
Player Résumé
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views." - Redacted
"[Quebec is] one of the pettiest individuals it has ever been the human race's misfortunate to spawn." - RCN
"I hope you retire ASAP so LDF doesn't become just another anal-retentive defender org." - RiderSyl
"I find it disappointing that Quebec has posted without saying cope." - Fauxia
"Quebec himself is unconventional." - Xoriet

User avatar
10000 Islands Foreign Affairs
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Jul 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 10000 Islands Foreign Affairs » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Image

TITO Update – August 2021

TITO Command

Has your region been invaded, or do you want to get in touch with TITO? If so, contact one of the following nations:
~Commander-in-Chief: Hakketomat
~Field Commander: Kanta Hame
~Tactical Officers: Shy Guyia, Smugglers and Mercs (TITO EF), Controlitia, Wischland, Sulenia, Flying Eagles
~Executive Officers: HN67, Eastern New England

The Update Update

There was plenty to do for TITO members this month! Troops clocked in a total of 13 defenses, 19 detags, and 10 chase runs. The TITO Expeditionary Force also got their battle stars in, helping pile in 3 different liberations to build influence and restore the sovereignty of the region. Some EF members even snuck into update a few times! With every TITO member, both updating and EF, proving their skill and importance throughout August, we wanted to give a huge thank you to our troops for all their hard work!

Monthly Memes

The month of August so lots of laughter in TITO chat, with members and commanders alike receiving a hilarious (and well-deserved?) ribbing.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


TITO Interview

Tsuki no Hana also affectionally known as Moon in TITO chat, is a newer member of TITO, but has been incredibly active ever since they joined. Appearing several times in the monthly memes of past reports, and a consistent face at update, Moon has quickly accumulated enough battle stars to reach knighthood. We sat down with Moon to get their take on TITO.

Wisch: You’ve been involved in several regions prior to XKI. What made you come here?
Moon: XKI was actually my first region, when I created my original nation. I had just been introduced to NS, and the telegram gave me special vibes. I remember thinking "That sounds like a secure and wholesome place to get my start." And it was ^-^ Still is, too.
Wisch: What caused you to join TITO?
Moon: My original reason was that I wanted to experience this part of the game, and TITO was the first thing I thought of. But as I became more integrated into TITO, I came to realize that I truly belong in it, fighting beside amazing friends and honorable defenders.
Wisch: That’s great to hear! What would you say has been your favorite part of updating?
Moon: That would definitely be the update chat! Talking with such vibrant and unique personalities always makes me feel like I'm involved in something special. Whether it be Hame's jokes, Sul's general cheer, or your greetings, I love every moment of it.
Wisch: Now, about the actual defending bit of TITO, what has been the most memorable operation for you, and why do you remember it?
Moon: The op that sticks in my mind the most is the Genua fash bash. The sheer happiness shared by the combined forces of R/D drew me further into NS, as well as sharing that blissful moment with TITO.
Wisch: You’re also due to be knighted soon, having reached 50 battle stars. Where do you plan to go from there?
Moon: To the top! After my knighthood, I aim to make command, and maybe delegate if my busy life allows it.
Wisch: Ambitious! But with enough dedication, I’m sure you can do it. Any final comments?
Moon: That I'm extremely grateful to be able to work with all of these wonderful people, and look forward to serving with them for many more years.

Until next month, this is your TITO Update Staff signing off - Wischland

User avatar
The Python
Diplomat
 
Posts: 987
Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Python » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Moonflower is Moonfungus. Change my mind.

User avatar
Great Algerstonia
Minister
 
Posts: 2213
Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Great Algerstonia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:12 pm

The Python wrote:Moonflower is Moonfungus. Change my mind.

Why is moon?
The unideal past would [ironically] be cisalienistist, emptily manualed, ghetto, straight, wasteland-totalitarian capitalism

User avatar
Grea Kriopia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Grea Kriopia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Fun to see all of these ambitious young defenders with 'Moon' in their name :p

Also, Wisch was insane from the moment she agreed to be a TO
First Warden of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Secretary of Getting Bob in Thaecord
Officer of Culture, The Rejected Realms
Minister of Education, 10000 Islands
TITO Tactical Officer

User avatar
Moon II
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Moon II » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:26 am

I would like to stake my claim as the only Moon here >:(
<@Roavin> Moon: Is cool defender
<@Altmoras> Moon is a prodigy
<@HumanSanity> Moon is literally the best
<@Dakota> One of my favorite wardens nodz
SC#356
SC#365
The South Pacific | The Order of The Grey Wardens | Refugia

User avatar
Roavin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1149
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:59 am

Moon II wrote:I would like to stake my claim as the only Moon here >:(


... says Moon II. :P
Roavinur face from the South Pacific

"Not to mention TSP are some democracy wankers
and democracy wanking is peak defender
" — Tim

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

User avatar
Moon II
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Moon II » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:28 am

Roavin wrote:... says Moon II. :p

Small details, we can just conveniently ignore that 'II' :p
<@Roavin> Moon: Is cool defender
<@Altmoras> Moon is a prodigy
<@HumanSanity> Moon is literally the best
<@Dakota> One of my favorite wardens nodz
SC#356
SC#365
The South Pacific | The Order of The Grey Wardens | Refugia

User avatar
Wischland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 64
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wischland » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:05 am

Moon II wrote:Small details, we can just conveniently ignore that 'II' :p

It's just for the aesthetic. Or something like that.
10000 Islands WA Delegate
TITO Tactical Officer
Crazy Cat Lady Extraordinaire

User avatar
Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1479
Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:39 am

I mean DYP is who introduced GP to moon-ing in the first place.

Congrats on your Knighthood, Tsuki no Hana. You've joined a very exclusive list of players known for their bravery and merit.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

User avatar
10000 Islands Foreign Affairs
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Jul 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 10000 Islands Foreign Affairs » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Image


Date: August, 2021
Population: 1343 nations
Delegate Endorsement:366 endorsements

TITO Command


Has your region been invaded, or do you want to get in touch with TITO? If so, contact one of the following nations:
~Chief Executive: Hakketomat
~Field Commander: Kanta Hame
~Tactical Officers: Shy Guyia, Smugglers and Mercs (TITO EF), Controlitia, Wischland, Sulenia, Flying Eagles
~Executive Officers: HN67, Eastern New England

Government


As of this report's publication, the Government of 10000 Islands consists of:
~Chief Executive: Hakketomat
~WA Delegate: Wischland
~Senior Senator for Himes West (Role Play): Zaberaz Hapang
~Senator for New Republica South (Debates and Discussions): Valentian Elysium
~Senator for Lyonnesse East (Houses): Flying Eagles
~Senator for Blue Canaria North (Emissary Report): Porflox
~Minister of Education: Free Las Pinas
~Minister of Labor: Wille-Harlia
~Minister of Immigration: Sulenia

Information about other government officials of 10000 Islands can be found here.

Joint Statement on Proposed Frontier/Stronghold Update


10000 Islands and The League published a join statement opposing the the new proposed technical update currently termed “Frontiers/Strongholds”. You can read our full position here.

Around the Islands


~ The cultural office held Taco week this month from the 15th to the 22nd of August. We had a blast playing a variety of games and other taco related events. You can read about it all here.

~ Astrobolt was chosen as featured nation for August by Minister of Education Free Las Pinas and Deputy Minister of Education Lenlyvit. Astrobolt was quick to get into World Assembly discussions, TITO, and the Cultural Office since their arrival in August 2020. They even hosted the Summer Beach Bash back in July! You can read more about it here.
~ 10000 Islands exchanged in-game embassies with The Free Nations Region to show our mutual friendship after witnessing their amazing growth, participation in defender operations, and the potential for fun cultural events.

~ Lenlyvit and Liberdon have been hired as deputy Minister of Education and New Republica South, respectively. We wish them an long and successful time in helping shape some of XKI's most important aspects.

~ One of the interesting debates held over at The Grand Debate Hall this month was "What's your favourite car brand?" which attracted a diverse range of answers. Before delving into individual brands, vehicles come in different classes, namely: Sedan, Luxury, MPV, SUV, and Sports Cars. We also have types of technology within vehicles, specifically in their automation and powers sources. Within automation there are different levels such as manual, automatic and filly autonomous vehicles. Within power sources, there is gas powered, hybrid, and electric. People will have differing preferences regarding these as well. Within each of these classes and technology levels, come a range of brands. For example we have Ferrari and Mclaren within the Sports Car class, and Mercedes and BMW within the luxury car class. And each of these brands may have vehicles with different types of technology levels, for example Tesla only produces Electric vehicles. To conclude, this debate needs to consider the different classes of vehicles and technology levels to be able to effectively decide someone's favorite car brand.

Islander Achievements


~ Congratulations on our recently promoted TITO knight Tsuki No Hana! Having quickly amassed the required battle stars through active udpate attendance, Tsuki No Hana (also known as Moon/Moonflower) joins the hall of defender greats who served their region and the greater NationStates community well. You can read about their interview with Wischland over on the TITO Update.

~ Porymonia has reached a very impressive 15 gold badges after nearly a year-and-a-half. Congratulations on the badges, and we hope you have a great many more in the future!

XKI Game-Side


This month, regional pollster Jabberwocky asked islanders about the shift from combustion engine vehicles to battery-powered vehicles by asking "Are you ready to own an electric car?" This poll received 89 esponses. 61 respondents (68.54%) are ready to own electric vehicles compared with 28 (31.46%) who are not. Of those who want electric vehicles, 42 of them (68.85%) want them out of interest in saving the environment. This is in fact the main reason of electric vehicles, with many new regulations globally restricting the release of harmful gasses from combustion engine vehicles that force automakers to produce more electric powered vehicles. The remaining 19 pollsters (31.15%) want electric vehicles to stay ahead of the trend curve or are interested in new technology. Given the acceleration in technological development, these pollsters may soon find themselves needing to upgrade from electric powered vehicles to hydrogen powered vehicles to keep up with the trend.

Around 12 (13.48%) pollsters still prefer the gas-powered muscle cars. VROOM! Interestingly, certain automakers are making electric vehicles that create the artificial VROOM sound for these classic car fans. 11 (12.36%) pollsters did not want to own electric vehicles because of current limited battery charge range. That's a very reasonable answer given that development of battery technology still has a long way go. The top producers of electric-powered vehicles in the first half of 2021 were Tesla, Volkswagen Group and General Motors.

The XKI RMB has been popping this month with all the amazing posts made by our islanders!
~ Why are we still stuck in the 1800s?
~ Any one of us could secretly be him
~ We shamelessly use the dispatch theme and layout too!
~ We didn't expect the Hakketomat inquisition!

Meet The Nation


This month our Emmisary Update staff sat down with Sulenia, XKI's Minister of Immigration and a TITO Tactical Officer.

Porflox: Hello Sulenia!

Sulenia: Heyo!

Porflox: What led you to join XKI?

Sulenia: I remember the TG that I got mentioned TITO, it caught my attention and I decided to come here, probably the best decision I've taken so far in my NS career :P

Porflox: Once you got here, was there anything in particular that made you stay?

Sulenia: I already said this on my TITO Update interview [here], but it was the community and the awesome people I met here that made me stay.

Porflox: Now, onto your role as Minister of Immigration. XKI recruitment has hit a rough patch recently, with regional population even breifly dipping below 1000. Do you have any ideas to increase recruitment activity?

Sulenia: I do, some of which have already been implemented, and some others that are still in the works. Needless to say that I have a lot of work to do.

Porflox: Are there any specific ones you'd like to share?

Sulenia: I'll summarize my ideas by saying this; promoting and bringing relevance to recruitment, while promoting interactions between recruiters.

Porflox: As a TITO tactical officer, what are some of your responsibilities?

Sulenia: Leading updates, coordinating with other defender orgs as necessary, training new members, etc.

Porflox: Which one would you say is your favorite?

Sulenia: To be honest I enjoy all of it, I have no exact favorite :P

Porflox: What do you feel is TITO's role in XKI?

Sulenia: To provide defense to the region, as well as those who are vulnerable throughout NS.

Porflox: How do you feel TITO fits into XKI's identity?

Sulenia: I see TITO as a vital part of our identity, both have existed together for so long that it's impossible for me to see XKI without TITO

Porflox: Alright :) Thanks for your time! Any last thoughts?

Sulenia: To any of our new islanders, take your time with the game! There's no rush. And most importantly, do what you enjoy :D

User avatar
10000 Islands Foreign Affairs
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Jul 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 10000 Islands Foreign Affairs » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:44 pm

Image

TITO Update – September 2021

TITO Command

Has your region been invaded, or do you want to get in touch with TITO? If so, contact one of the following nations:
~Commander-in-Chief: Hakketomat
~Field Commander: Kanta Hame
~Tactical Officers: Shy Guyia, Smugglers and Mercs (TITO EF), Controlitia, Wischland, Sulenia, Flying Eagles
~Executive Officers: HN67, Eastern New England

The Update Update

TITO members had plenty to do this month, with 17 defenses, 3 liberations, and 1 chase run. A special shoutout to Thedairos and Tsuki no Hana for going the extra mile during quiet updates to find TITO 7 different detags to complete! Things are never quiet when they’re scouring the update feed for things to do. Troops also spent some time camping out in regions to eject raider and fascist sleeper puppets, and help out with post-raid cleanup. With both old faces and new joining update chat, there was plenty of laughter, and a quite a few trips down memory lane to be had!

Monthly Memes

While this report’s author was unfortunately unable to capture any funny moments from update due to a broken Snip+Sketch tool, other TITO members were happy to share some of their favorite moments from the month!
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Question of the Month

This month, we reached out to some of our friends in allied defender regions with the “Allied Military” masking on XKI’s Discord. This masking allows them to join the TITO Update Chat and participate in or coordinate with our operations. We asked our Allied Mil. Members the following question: What's your main reason to join TITO's Update Chat?

~ Aschente said “I usually just drop in to say hi, it's nice to talk to everyone occasionally, and maybe help in an op if I show up at the right time.” We love chatting with you too Asche, feel free to stop by anytime!

~Witchcraft and Sorcery reported that he joined TITO Update Chat “when at least one of the following is true:
1) I’m coordinating with TITO leadership as a commander of an allied military
2) I’m participating in some sort of update-related activity with TITO like war games
3) I feel like shooting the breeze with old and new friends, since I myself was a longtime TITO member and remain close to the organization”
It’s always great to catch up with you W&S, and we appreciate the help in op coordination!

~Quebecshire, noted that TITO doesn’t work directly as a part of Libcord, and said that joining our update chat “makes at-update communication between Libcord Update Command and TITO Command easier” and, on a more chill note, that “Plenty of people there are nice to talk to and Häme's old man ramblings are entertaining as well.” You’re always welcome to drop in Quebec. After all, Hame needs someone to listen to his rambles!

~HumanSanity answered that “My main reason to join TITO's update chat is that it's nice to get to see a lot of my old friends from back when I was in XKI - XKI is still very special to me and I have a lot of good memories and connections there, so signing in for TITO Update sometimes lets me reconnect and check in with people, as well as giving me some variety in my life. Plus, I enjoy getting to talk to all the new TITO Members and help welcome them into the organization. Also, trolling Hame. That's always fun.” Having you join us is a blast HS, here’s to making more good memories for the future!

We always love to work with our friends in other militaries, so if you’re a member of a fellow defender military, feel free to reach out to any member of TITO Command about the Allied Military masking, and we’ll be happy to tell you more about it!

Until next month, this is your TITO Update Staff signing off - Wischland

User avatar
Mingulay Isle
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mingulay Isle » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:16 pm

I made meme of the month. Finally I am a somebody.

User avatar
10000 Islands Foreign Affairs
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Jul 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 10000 Islands Foreign Affairs » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Image


Stats of the Month:
Date: September, 2021 Population: 1491 nations Delegate Endorsement: 373 endorsements

TITO Command

Has your region been invaded, or do you want to get in touch with TITO? If so, contact one of the following nations:
~Chief Executive: Hakketomat
~Field Commander: Kanta Hame
~Tactical Officers: Shy Guyia[/nation], Smugglers and Mercs (TITO EF), Controlitia, Wischland, Sulenia, Flying Eagles
~Executive Officers: HN67, Eastern New England

Government


As of this report's publication, the Government of 10000 Islands consists of:
~Chief Executive: Hakketomat
~WA Delegate: Wischland
~Senior Senator Himes West (Role Play): Zaberaz Hapang
~Senator for New Republica South (Debates and Discussions): Valentian Elysium
~Senator for Lyonnesse East (Houses): Flying Eagles
~Senator for Blue Canaria North (Emissary Report): Haivon
~Minister of Education: Free Las Pinas
~Minister of Labor: Wille-Harlia
~Minister of Immigration: Sulenia

Information about other government officials of 10000 Islands can be found here (https://10000islands.proboards.com/thre ... To=1844341).

September Senatorial and Delegate Elections


Yes you've heard me right, election time in 10000 Islands! This month we've seen elections for New Republica South, Blue Canaria North and also for WA Delegate. The runners were incumbent Senator for New Republica South Valentian Elysium running with the plans of having debates each week, bringing in similar ideas to the ones in last election, (campaign can be seen here), Haivon running in a platform of having Emissary Reports more attractive to the public (campaign to be found here) and for last, incumbent WA Delegate, Wischland, running with the proposal of expanding several plataforms used by XKI and promoting the interests of the region (campaign here).
As it can be easily seen, each position which was disputed only had one candidate, which guaranteed a slandslide for each of the three runners, with Valentian Elysium winning by 30 to 1, Wischland also having a victory of 30 to 1, and for last Haivon having a slightly less guaranteed victory, winning by 27 to 3. I wish for all of the three a bright and successful term!

N-Day


It is indeed true folks, N-Day has came into NS again this year for a new turn of nuking, nuking and nuking! What a beautiful world we live in, isn't it? The Potato Alliance once again was reborn from the ashes, and now with more regions in the faction then ever before, all joining forces for a common goal, win N-Day and survive the nuclear Apocalypses. This time the Horsemen, now under the new name of Crabs, were ready for their revenge for the ultimate humiliation they suffered last year. A clash of giants, and it wouldn't be their first, and luckily not last time fighting.
Well, at first, everyone seemed to be able to use a fork, as the Crabs and the Potatoes made an unofficial non-aggression pact, in which both factions would burn down everyone else and stockpile for the final conflict. Which, trying to be unbiased as possible, was not the fairest game for everyone outside the two giants, as they were simply consumed under non-stopping nuclear fire. If you somehow managed to survive from those two at that stage, honestly, tell me how to leave the matrix.
Anyway, it didn't took long from the awaited battle to begin. Hordes of nuclear fire were launched from both sides, but in the end, the Crabs managed to break down the Potatoes, and ultimately having total victory. Resistance kept going, but in the end it wasn't possible to achieve the outmaneuver done by the Potatoes last year. Another interesting fact what the totally unnecessary and depressing operation made by the Crabs to make them hold all the Top 10 Factions, which could be seen from the top of the screen. But no matter the result, it was still an extremely fun event, and next year, the Potatoes will have their revenge, stronger then ever before!

Around the Islands


~The population of 10000 Islands saw a huge increase thanks to a new video made by a popular youtuber, gaining almost over 500 members in the last month. The amount of nations is expected to suffer a decrease, and then finally stabilize itself.

~ Wille-Harlia has announced the Poet Laureate competition, and all submissions must have the focus concept of bravery! Check it here!

~Embassies have been opened with The Free Nations Region! A weekend of fun and visits has been held between both regions, with movies, games and music!

~Congratulations to Kohnhead, Kanta Hame and Thedairos for their awards and accomplishments as recruiters! Well done!

~It has been announced an event co-hosted by XKI and The Labyrinth, The Great Worldbuilding Festival, in which nations choose a quadrant from the political compass and then worldbuild from there! Check it here!

Islander Achievements

~ Congratulations to Astrobolt, who has received this month's Palm Tree of Community award, for having an impact in the World Assembly Secretariat by creating multiple voting overviews and assissting the Secretary with their duties!

~ Congratulations for all those who made their best in N-Day! Hope to see you all next year!

~ Porymonia has made an impressive factbook about his military, with not only huge amounts of detail, but also drawnings made by himself! Check it here!

XKI Game-Side


This month Jabberwocky, XKI's Regional Pollster asked to islanders "How do you intend to spend this weekend?", and also warning us that the list of choices wasn't that easy to comprehend. The poll received 92 answers, having somewhat balanced results, ignoring the two most answered. 6 respondents (6.52%) will go hike, camp or commune with the nature (nothing as a quick return to monkey), 16 (17.39%) will catch up in some work (the beautiful act of leaving everything for later), 24 (26.09%) will catch up on some rest (bunch of normies), 5 (5.44%) will watch as much sports on television as they can (goal?), 7 (7.61%) will engage in the XKI/FNR weekend visit (telling you, priorities), 9 (9.78%) will drink huge amounts of alcohol to forget work (pretty sure it's not healthy but still interesting), 3 (3.26%) will medidate and maybe achieve a higher level of being (and also hoping that they find the ultimate question for life, universe and everything in the proccess), 9 (9.78%) will be doing domestic chores once again (sounds fun!), 6 (6.52%) will be visiting their relatives (prayers for those who are visiting in-laws) and for last, 7 (7.61%) will be doing an astrally project (I'm not sure what to comment on that one).

The XKI RMB has been having a true party this month with all the funny posts made by our islanders!

~ Busy times
~ The Ultimate Question
~ Who knows?
~ Facts at their finest
~ Triggering Italy Speedrun
~ As long there is still a dream
~ And they said mouses couldn't be professional dancers...

Meet The Nation


This month, I spoke with Wille-Harlia, XKI's Minister of Labor.

Haivon: Hello WH! Could I ask you some few questions?

Wille-Harlia: Yep!

Haivon: Why did you decided to join XKI?

Wille-Harlia: I'd say I joined XKI for the same reason as pretty much everybody else. I joined NS April 9, 2020, and was founded in TNP. From there, I looked at the recruitment TGs I had received and narrowed it down to two: some upstart British Royalty-themed region, and XKI. My recruitment TG was sent by Grea Kriopia, and I joined the region because I thought her TG was the most welcoming.

Haivon: Why did you wish to remain in this region?

Wille-Harlia: After joining it, I wisched to stay in XKI for two main reasons. First, the ability to get involved in the region's government excited me, which is actually one of the reasons that I ran for Senator so quickly, in July, the first race I was able to run in. Second, and more so than the first, the community. I probably would have left this game by now if it wasn't for the great people in XKI. The fun I have with my fellow Islanders is why I still play this game.

Haivon: Is there any moment in special in your job that was particularly notable, and immediatly gets into your mind when thinking about it? If yes, there is one?

Wille-Harlia: I would say that my first completed job posting was particularly magical to me, I had closed a two-month-long vacancy in the Casino Shift Manager position, getting Liberdon to take the job. It's not necessarily the job posting itself that was magical to me, it was more so the realization that Minister of Labor was a job that I was going to enjoy doing that is what stuck with me.

Haivon: Which are your thoughts in the Poet Laureate Contest and events as such? What do you believe their importance to the community is?

Wille-Harlia: I think that the Poet Laureate Contest and events like it are integral to XKI and its community. On a fundamental level, our events, along with our members (and yeah, TITO), are a big chunk of what makes XKI, well, XKI. They are also a way to bring our community together over common interests. To name a few current examples, the Poet Laureate Contest and the Great Worldbuilding Festival are bringing members of our region together over their interest in such things. This is actually part of the reason that I think the Cultural Office is one of the most important parts of XKI, without it, and the number of unique events that it brings with it, our regional culture would be lacking compared to what is now. So essentially, I think that events like the Poet Laureate Contest are extremely important to XKI and its community as they bring us together and help give XKI its distinct culture.

Haivon: Well, I guess that is all. There is anything else you wish to say?

Wille-Harlia: Thank you so much for taking the time to interview me today!

Haivon: You're welcome!

Until next month, your XKI Update Staff is signing off!
Haivon
Last edited by 10000 Islands Foreign Affairs on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads