NATION

PASSWORD

The Empire of Mare Nostrum

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Central Centurial
Civilian

Founded: Jul 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Centurial » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:43 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:Thank you for the update. :)

no u :hug:

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 am

Thanks for the nice comments, y'all!

Central Centurial wrote:
The Noble Thatcherites wrote:Thank you for the update. :)

no u :hug:

I have no idea what you intended to communicate with that. :p
Last edited by Sancta Romana Ecclesia on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulus Asteorra

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:42 pm

The Empire of Mare Nostrum invites you to the Feriae Anniversariae!

On these blessed days, we celebrate the foundation of our region, the friends and allies we made along the way, and we look forward to another amazing year.

Join us for a weekend filled with games, trivia, music, and other surprises!

The event starts at noon eastern time on August 9th. More details will come on the day of the festival, but for now take a look at ONE of our major contests! Our Pokemon Showdown League.

In the meantime, please join
our festival's Discord server.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 am

Happy birthday EMN! :bow:

I have a good feeling about this festival, it's gonna be 8). And I'm not only saying this because Salv paid me to.
Paulus Asteorra

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:31 am

Wait I'm supposed to pay you?

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm

While the actual festival is not due for another ~15 hours. Why not take the time to check out the schedule?

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm

So, I’m (finally) writing a response to Osiris’s cancellation of the Treaty of Selene with Mare Nostrum. I’m only a few months late, but better late than never.

For those who forgot, the post I am responding to is here

Firstly, a piece by piece response

It has come to the attention of Osiris that The Empire of Mare Nostrum has repeatedly mishandled OOC issues within their region. This includes nearly opening an embassy with another region well known for transphobia and forum destruction and only begrudgingly ceasing this when parties within the region protested extensively.

I would not call NRI well known, but the rest is a fair statement. Instead of admitting fault, I doubled and tripled down in the situation. Those who are interested in how this went down can read here. Also I gotta say, this was directed at me. You guys say it yourself that parties within the region are who got me to shut up. Why is this being pinned on EMN entirely instead of being a call out where I’m mentioned?

Furthermore, a member of the Osiris discord was banned for membership in a well known fascist region; when we learned they were also a citizen in the Empire of Mare Nostrum we reached out to them to inform them with the anticipation that they would take similar action. They took no action and declared that it wasn't their concern what anyone did outside of their region insofar as they behaved inside their region, a view very disheartening to us.

The last part is blatantly untrue, we have repeatedly in the past removed players for behavioral actions done outside of Mare Nostrum. Block (when he was discovered as King Bradley), Attero (for well being Attero), and Cheggimus (for the Candlestick situation with Hartfelden), are a few I could name off the top of my head.

The problem with this person, Berenice, is that this individual had been in BOTH regions for months on perfectly good behavior. No Nazism, no Fascism, not even rude or annoying. We refused to ban someone who did not do anything wrong or behaved improperly. I stand by this decision to this day.

The fact is that CCD has over 500 nations. I agree that they’re fascist and the leadership is deplorable, but they actively and aggressively recruit and style themselves as “RPers”, we know it’s bullshit. But, I refuse to just write off everyone involved as a fascist deplorable. If it doesn’t walk like a duck, doesn’t quack like a duck, it might not be a duck.

Pre-empting a response to remind the reader that Berenice had months of good behavior with EMN and Osiris, I am suggesting nothing about everyone else in CCD and whatever the hell they’re up to now.

Further allegations of failings in OOC moderation were also brought to the Osiran Government's attention which we were able to verify after conversing with people who were involved in EMN’s government at the time and who had knowledge of the situation. Due to the private nature of these occurrences, we are not at liberty to disclose them all.

Now this is some cryptic shit. The fact that EMN is not blacklisted and I am still welcome in circles of GP makes me think this was entirely meant to be cryptic cause it’s complete bullshit.

If EMN admins are incompetent and permitting truly horrible shit, do the right thing and inform the rest of the game’s admins. If I deserve to be blacklisted, then get me blacklisted. Otherwise I am gonna assume this bullshit.

Complete bullshit like the accusation that has been spread by Osiris that EMN is harboring Nazis.

In the above two screenshots, Ark of The West Pacific informed us that TWP was told that EMN was harboring Nazis. In that conversation I denied that claim completely.

In the second, Hartfelden (who were treatied allies of EMN) terminated our embassies making the same claim of harboring Nazis. When I requested proof of that claim, none was given. Noticeably, Hartfelden is a region that consistently used their Gameplay embassy and they didn’t post this announcement on their embassy???

I still await proof that EMN harbored Nazis. Ffs our admin team at the time of the treaty cancellation had only one person in it who could be considered Aryan. I’m self deprecating but definitely not self-hating.

Also, I despise the part about how you spoke with members of our regional government. Wymondham was our Tribunal Prefect, he’s also the FA Vizier signing your treaty cancellation.

Speaking of Wymondham as Tribunal Prefect, the conspiracist in me wants to flesh out a little timeline here.

October 9th, Wym announces he’s leaving EMN at the end of his term because he got a job in Osiris
November 1st, Wym’s term ends. The Berenice issue pops up and all of sudden he is leaving because we’re OOC incompetent.
Wymondham11/01/2019
Fairwell Ladies and gents
Its been a blast
I hereby resign all of my positions in EMN
Although I respect and admire each and every one of you
I cannot condone the refusal of this regions leadership lack of concrete OOC administration policies and remove certain individuals from this region who had done things that most GP communities would find unacceptable
Peace and love yall
Wym

After the first Osiris was rather radio silent for a while. They informed us they wanted to pull the treaty in private and we’re like okay. I was waiting for a statement to respond to and such, none came for a while.

Until November 22nd, the 1st day of UCR con.

The first day of UCR con is when Osiris felt it was necessary to cancel the treaty and tell the world how bad EMN is.

Enough conspiring,

Tl:dr I disagree with several points of reasoning given by Osiris in the treaty cancellation with EMN. I ask why does Osiris not call for EMN to be blacklisted if we truly are bad in so many OOC ways. I request proof of or reasoning for the spreading of an accusation that EMN is harboring Nazis. I believe the timeline of events suggest ulterior motives. Effectively I think this was an attempt at using OOC accusations to further IC politics. Especially when it comes to the accusation of us harboring Nazis.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Salvarity wrote:I ask why does Osiris not call for EMN to be blacklisted if we truly are bad in so many OOC ways.

That's a good question. I suspect the answer is Osiris didn't see the need to put that much effort into having a region that is all but dead thoroughly and completely blacklisted, though I think you'd probably find you're a bit more blacklisted than you realize if you really dug deep and looked into it.

That said, if it makes you feel any better, I do think you should be fully, formally blacklisted. :)
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Salvarity wrote:The fact is that CCD has over 500 nations.

Man, you picked a poor time to post this bit :rofl:

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:41 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Salvarity wrote:The fact is that CCD has over 500 nations.

Man, you picked a poor time to post this bit :rofl:

My timing is truly a work of art.

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:I ask why does Osiris not call for EMN to be blacklisted if we truly are bad in so many OOC ways.

That's a good question. I suspect the answer is Osiris didn't see the need to put that much effort into having a region that is all but dead thoroughly and completely blacklisted, though I think you'd probably find you're a bit more blacklisted than you realize if you really dug deep and looked into it.

That said, if it makes you feel any better, I do think you should be fully, formally blacklisted. :)

On what grounds should I be blacklisted? I've played NS for almost a decade and have stayed on the right side of moderation and behavior for the entirety. The only actual misbehavior I have personally done is the issues with NRI, which was handled within hours. Do you have actual grounds for thinking I should be blacklisted or are you gonna prove people like Block right when they NSGP use the blacklist as their personal shitlist.
Last edited by Salvarity on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Salvarity wrote:On what grounds should I be blacklisted? I've played NS for almost a decade and have stayed on the right side of moderation and behavior for the entirety. The only actual misbehavior I have personally done is the issues with NRI, which was handled within hours. Do you have actual grounds for thinking I should be blacklisted or are you gonna prove people like Block right when they NSGP use the blacklist as their personal shitlist.

On the grounds that you have knowingly and willfully harbored blacklisted players or players you knew should be blacklisted. Simple enough.

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:53 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:On what grounds should I be blacklisted? I've played NS for almost a decade and have stayed on the right side of moderation and behavior for the entirety. The only actual misbehavior I have personally done is the issues with NRI, which was handled within hours. Do you have actual grounds for thinking I should be blacklisted or are you gonna prove people like Block right when they NSGP use the blacklist as their personal shitlist.

On the grounds that you have knowingly and willfully harbored blacklisted players or players you knew should be blacklisted. Simple enough.

Such as?

Berenice should not be blacklisted, you and Osiris deciding everyone in CCD is irredeemable doesn't make it true. Hell NSGP is lauding a CCD turncoat right now.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Salvarity wrote:Such as?

Berenice should not be blacklisted, you and Osiris deciding everyone in CCD is irredeemable doesn't make it true. Hell NSGP is lauding a CCD turncoat right now.

How about the forum destroyers you harbored? That'd be a good place to start with why you should be blacklisted, the CCD member completely aside.

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:Such as?

How about the forum destroyers you harbored? That'd be a good place to start with why you should be blacklisted, the CCD member completely aside.

They were removed when we cancelled the embassy construction? None were ever even citizens.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Salvarity wrote:They were removed when we cancelled the embassy construction? None were ever even citizens.

Which you only did after coming under intense pressure to do so, rather than when you were first notified by the region that had been subject to their destructive actions. Because you're petty and you didn't mind they'd destroyed off-site property belonging to The LKE.

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:04 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:They were removed when we cancelled the embassy construction? None were ever even citizens.

Which you only did after coming under intense pressure to do so, rather than when you were first notified by the region that had been subject to their destructive actions. Because you're petty and you didn't mind they'd destroyed off-site property belonging to The LKE.

Rehashing, I've already admitted that was a situation where I was clearly in the wrong. If that's your entire reason for calling for me to blacklisted, you're proving people like Block right.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:05 pm

Salvarity wrote:Rehashing, I've already admitted that was a situation where I was clearly in the wrong. If that's your entire reason for calling for me to blacklisted, you're proving people like Block right.

The fact you're resorting to using Block and the Whitelisting campaign as your rhetorical device to defend yourself right now really says it all.

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:Rehashing, I've already admitted that was a situation where I was clearly in the wrong. If that's your entire reason for calling for me to blacklisted, you're proving people like Block right.

The fact you're resorting to using Block and the Whitelisting campaign as your rhetorical device to defend yourself right now really says it all.

I don't know what white listing is but you're literally saying I should be blacklisted with baseless reasoning. This is the common criticism of blacklisted players and it is exactly what your are doing.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Salvarity wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:The fact you're resorting to using Block and the Whitelisting campaign as your rhetorical device to defend yourself right now really says it all.

I don't know what white listing is but you're literally saying I should be blacklisted with baseless reasoning. This is the common criticism of blacklisted players and it is exactly what your are doing.

The reasoning isn't baseless, you just don't like it, which is also a common thing with blacklisted players. When you knowingly and willfully harbor blacklisted players, as you have done, you generally end up blacklisted. This is especially true when you show up practically daring people to blacklist you.

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:18 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Salvarity wrote:

The reasoning isn't baseless, you just don't like it, which is also a common thing with blacklisted players. When you knowingly and willfully harbor blacklisted players, as you have done, you generally end up blacklisted. This is especially true when you show up practically daring people to blacklist you.

Well my dare was aimed at the accusations of harboring Nazis. If I did that I deserve to be blacklisted. But since I'm literally a minority, I don't see proof of that coming anytime soon.

I still believe you claim is baseless because this whole harboring lasted a few days max, it was before the statements on the severity of their behavior occurred. I in no way condoned their behavior. I literally folded on the issue within hours and have some since repeatedly admitted to being wrong.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Your Imaginary Friend
Attaché

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Your Imaginary Friend » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:26 pm

I don't think the community of EMN should be blacklisted.

Occasional errors in judgement on the part of an admin happen in nearly all regions, and it's important to allow people who have admitted those errors and are looking to be better room to grow.
Managing Director, Lazarus
Also known as Sylven in another life...

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:45 pm

A splinter region from the LKE might have had a CCD member in the server for a day or two and they're dead to everyone now? I remember when half the active membership of the LKE was made up of people who had dual citizenship with Nazi Europa and nobody said a damn thing. Pull your head in.

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 pm

I have no involvement here, but I do have some thoughts here. Blacklisting entire regions because they were slow to cut relations with forum destroyers* and not removing a CCD citizen (presumably someone who didn't know how shitty CCD was and had done no harm to the community) is foolish, in my opinion. If the region poses an OOC threat, then yes, your admin have every reason to say they should be blacklisted. But I don't think this counts as such. It is, of course, up to the regional admin - but calling for blacklisting in this scenario is unwise. It rather cheapens the entire point of blacklisting. These are, of course, merely personal thoughts.

*yes, they should have done that immediately, and Salvarity's rant was awful. I hope he thinks long and hard about IC/OOC stuff regarding Onder.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:34 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:A splinter region from the LKE might have had a CCD member in the server for a day or two and they're dead to everyone now? I remember when half the active membership of the LKE was made up of people who had dual citizenship with Nazi Europa and nobody said a damn thing. Pull your head in.

This is a categorical lie. At no point has this or anything like it ever - at any point in time - been the case.

There was one individual (who joined other regions as well as the LKE), who was a member of Nazi Europe unbeknownst to us and who was subsequently banned. That was one individual, not "half the active membership". The LKE has always maintained a strict prohibition on membership of such regions.

As part of the United Imperial Armed Forces, the LKE is one of the regions which captured and destroyed Nazi Europe.

Insofar as Mare Nostrum is concerned, I have no significant comments to add beyond the disappointment I previously noted in the LKE's embassy. I hope that others learn from the serious error of opening an embassy with those responsible for the acts of forum destruction. In particular, South Reinkalistan has gained prominence given his membership of CCD and his later departure from their region, but I hope that his previous actions are not overlooked.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:52 am

Onderkelkia wrote:Insofar as Mare Nostrum is concerned, I have no significant comments to add beyond the disappointment I previously noted in the LKE's embassy. I hope that others learn from the serious error of opening an embassy with those responsible for the acts of forum destruction. In particular, South Reinkalistan has gained prominence given his membership of CCD and his later departure from their region, but I hope that his previous actions are not overlooked.

In case you were unaware, St Abbaddon - a region both the Land of Kings and Emperors and Balder has an embassy with - up until very very recently (9 days ago, in fact) was home to Brother Bishop, a known 94 Block puppet since at least the back half of 2019. I'm giving y'all the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're unaware, but if LKE or Balder was aware, why did LKE or Balder do nothing about it?
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay