NATION

PASSWORD

How to raise civil rights?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

How to raise civil rights?

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm

So, for awhile, my civil rights were below average.
I wanted to raise them, because I want to get more civil rights for my citizens. Then, I found that one issue made my civil rights go up to average, and I was so happy. I was just happy to be average, and I could allow it to go up from there.
However, with an issue about depression, I funded depression counseling, and it made my civil rights go back to below average.
So, just a question: How do you raise civil rights? And, how do you tell which issues and which options in those issues affect civil rights? If so, how do you tell if they would affect it positively or negatively?
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm

U gotta think like a conservative. Depression counseling funding should not restrict rights unless it's compulsory. Any time u oppress the peeples it lowers rights any time u let them do they want it's high. But but groups and different interest groups make it hard to know who's rights is oppressed so no easy. If u get gypsy issue u might them do they want gypsy rights go up but u trample house owners. It lowers rights but u may not think that! Everyone rights will trade off

This case issue similar to scouts decision when property owners get money to house destroyed for a hotel. Sara day oconner the swing justice said property rights r more importantly than the interest of the community or state.
Last edited by Cosmopolitan borovan on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:U gotta think like a conservative. Depression counseling funding should not restrict rights unless it's compulsory. Any time u oppress the peeples it lowers rights any time u let them do they want it's high. But but groups and different interest groups make it hard to know who's rights is oppressed so no easy. If u get gypsy issue u might them do they want gypsy rights go up but u trample house owners. It lowers rights but u may not think that! Everyone rights will trade off

This case issue similar to scouts decision when property owners get money to house destroyed for a hotel. Sara day oconner the swing justice said property rights r more importantly than the interest of the community or state.

Okay, thanks.
Yeah, I did make depression counseling compulsory, but I didn't think it'd affect anything.
You see, the problem with issues is, even though there can be more than two options to solve it, all of the options normally take extreme positions on the issue, and realistically, real life governments wouldn't normally take such extreme positions. They'd most likely compromise. Not one position or the other, but something in between.
There wasn't really a compromise, expect an option to give schools more funding that they can use for depression counseling, but I was thinking that there'd be no guarantee that they'd use the funding for counseling. I guess I need to watch out for things like "mandatory" and "compulsory".
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Return to Gameplay