NATION

PASSWORD

Calling all New Englander's! About the Region Boston!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Terra Voltera
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Terra Voltera » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Stratagem wrote:I am Gemma. I do not understand the mystery on this one? Seems like you all care a lot though. Weird, since there is so much “fluidity” with names, allegiances, truth, gender, etc that is freely accepted in this game. However yes, Gemma is me!

I was in Boston for roughly 6months so you had plenty of time to watch me, weirdo. Did you watch me ask TITO and Grey Wardens for help, and they were all silent. Naaaaah, Psssshhh, no glory, no effort by “greater gameplay.”

I doubt you asked either org for help, as right from the get-go your delegacy in Boston was deemed suspicious. Like I said before Apostate, I had to dig into stuff to get records about you to convince defenders you weren't trustworthy. As to the screenshot, why don't you ask yourself what in the world Apostate would gain by saying they were you or what would New Ex Patria gain by faking a screenshot? I trust Siege a million times more than I would ever trust you, and I never once saw any evidence of who you really were until Siege revealed that screenshot.
Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Former three time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Stratagem wrote:At this point you are sort of thread hijacking. Please stop NOW. Go post your random thoughts in your own thread.

Stratagem wrote:Thanks, but please do not spam with useless comments so we can actually do something here.

It is not your place to determine what breaks forum rules. If you believe someone is spamming or threadjacking, you report it. Otherwise, don't try to act like a mod in the thread.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

So...I'd like Boston to be returned to native hands and would do little to accomplish that, armchair defender that I am.
However, from the discussion in this thread I doubt OP is a native and/or has the best intentions for the region, so I'll be giving this one a pass.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Stratagem wrote:
Kurnugia wrote:grabs popcorn

Nobody is going to let you take Boston. Also, how is TEP now in there too? I thought only TGW and TITO were?

Fendaspam, disregarded.

Malphe wrote:You posted this thread after that DM was leaked. Didn't you notice?

Oh I saw it, and what can I say? I am not Apostate. Maybe the guy was trying to fake you out, I do not know. Ask him.

Kurnugia wrote:Today in alternative history: What if Tibet had sea access?

More spam.

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Calling all New Englander's what?

It’s a call for attention, we say that up here, calling all (fill in the blank). If you are not one of us then....the message was not really for you sweet cakes. Thanks for playing though!

Kurnugia wrote:What is NSIDC?

At this point you are sort of thread hijacking. Please stop NOW. Go post your random thoughts in your own thread.

The Greatest Bestest Nation wrote:
(Bold is mine.) Can confirm, their nickname was definitely Gemma at the time.

I am Gemma. I do not understand the mystery on this one? Seems like you all care a lot though. Weird, since there is so much “fluidity” with names, allegiances, truth, gender, etc that is freely accepted in this game. However yes, Gemma is me!

I was in Boston for roughly 6months so you had plenty of time to watch me, weirdo. Did you watch me ask TITO and Grey Wardens for help, and they were all silent. Naaaaah, Psssshhh, no glory, no effort by “greater gameplay.”

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Share the chicken plz. Yankees like that stuff too.

Glad you are a fellow yank. Help out Boston!

Communist Taxachusetts wrote:
Oh, and let's all go around and say things we didn't do, so if anyone asks, we all know we're innocent, right? Right! I'll start.

I did not shoplift the Nirvana album In Utero on November 4th, 1993, from the Tower Records in Harvard Square, and I certainly didn't eat lunch at the Bertucci's on Brattle Street right afterwards!

I do not understand the point of this post...but if you are eating Bertucci your judgement is....questionable. And 1993? Other than it being a year in time what is the point of this?

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:This thread is lit.

Thanks, but please do not spam with useless comments so we can actually do something here.

Kurnugia wrote:Oh boi :blink:

Now that's what I call spicy :lol:

Seriously, hop off my thread, you are spamming.

Scardino wrote:I think I speak for everyone in NationStates when I say that you have our full support in this endeavor. Please let me know what I can do to assist.

Thanks!

My comment was pointing out your horrible grammar. Also, this isn't threadjacking lmao. You don't determine what is considered spam. If you have a problem, file a report in moderation. I sincerely hope Boston is secured far away from the clutches of fascists such as yourself. - Manson

Edit: Jakker already pointed that out. My apologies if my post now is redundant.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 pm

OP is definitely not native and that's a wrap. Lol as if RL residency is relevant. Hell, if RL residency had anything to do with anything, then give me Boston! I've been a New Englander for longer than many NS players have been alive. It should totally be mine!
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Conquerus
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Conquerus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Stratagem wrote:Also, this is typical of the responses I got for help and inquiry, a few people running their mouths and thinking they were oh so funny. So clever. So entitled to judge others.

I am looking for the real folks, this is my last ditch attempt to help Boston, come on folks!

I'll help you refound Boston! :p (trust me, it's better that you refound it my way)

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 am

Vincent Drake wrote:OP is definitely not native and that's a wrap. Lol as if RL residency is relevant. Hell, if RL residency had anything to do with anything, then give me Boston! I've been a New Englander for longer than many NS players have been alive. It should totally be mine!

Just saying, England belongs to me now, because I'm English. I deserve England, and If you deny me ownership of the region you're being obtuse.
Malphe Vytherov

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 am

Stratagem wrote:snip

1) I am not longer a fenda

2) To say in the words of NSG: "Go get a blog"

3)Maybe you want to talk with this with Apostate? Siege sure as hell has more credibility than you ever could dream of.

4) That salt though.
Last edited by Kurnugia on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:04 am

Vincent Drake wrote:OP is definitely not native and that's a wrap. Lol as if RL residency is relevant. Hell, if RL residency had anything to do with anything, then give me Boston! I've been a New Englander for longer than many NS players have been alive. It should totally be mine!

I used to be a New England Patriots fan before DeflateGate, so I too would like to throw my hat in the ring for Delegate of Boston.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:45 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

I used to be a New England Patriots fan before DeflateGate, so I too would like to throw my hat in the ring for Delegate of Boston.

Cormac -- resident of everywhere, native of none.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I used to be a New England Patriots fan before DeflateGate, so I too would like to throw my hat in the ring for Delegate of Boston.

Cormac -- resident of everywhere, native of none.

He still has a more solid case than apostate :p

Author of issue 1201

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 am

Kurnugia wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:Cormac -- resident of everywhere, native of none.

He still has a more solid case than apostate :p

Even a sregguh has a better case.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

The Greatest Bestest Nation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greatest Bestest Nation » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 am

Stratagem wrote:
The Greatest Bestest Nation wrote:
(Bold is mine.) Can confirm, their nickname was definitely Gemma at the time.

I am Gemma. I do not understand the mystery on this one? Seems like you all care a lot though. Weird, since there is so much “fluidity” with names, allegiances, truth, gender, etc that is freely accepted in this game. However yes, Gemma is me!

So you are Gemma, and Gemma is Apostate... So you are Apostate? We know for a fact that the person in the DM logs is the real Gemma.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 am

As nutmegger it pains me to see the home of our country's second best baseball team under foreign rule. :p
Last edited by Aclion on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am

Kurnugia wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Now whenever I see this nation I'm going to picture sherpas commanding Civil War ironclads.

Today in alternative history: What if Tibet had sea access?

For a few years 1300 years ago, it did.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Auze wrote:
Kurnugia wrote:Today in alternative history: What if Tibet had sea access?

For a few years 1300 years ago, it did.

But no ironclads. We need Tibetan ironclads!
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:55 am

Good afternoon.

I am writing as I stand on the T, orange line between Chinatown and downtown crossing. I’ve spent the day walking around the city with my little sister as she looks at the places she may soon be attending school. I sat this morning through two hours of traffic on 93 to get into city from RI, becuase I’m not quite from the city itself, though there’s pictures of me at various Sox games from before I could talk through present day. I’ve attached as proof a brand new picture of me at Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall this morning, though I can also provide pictures ranging from when the snow on the sidewalks was taller than trucks to the height of many summers along the way.

With all this taken into consideration, I think I should be given the right and support of defenders to refound Boston. As an additional bonus, everyone knows exactly who I am and what to expect of me. I have a long history of safe regional stewardship.

Thank you.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm

USS Monitor wrote:

But no ironclads. We need Tibetan ironclads!

I must correct the title then: What if the Tibetian empire still EXISTS?!

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:snip

Indeed. TBH should have Boston then. The rock solid case of souls cannot be disputed.
Last edited by Kurnugia on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author of issue 1201

Latman
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:31 pm

I guess we're not refounding Boston

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Latman wrote:I guess we're not refounding Boston

Yeah, no don't think so.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:35 pm

I fully support Souls' claim to Boston
Ooh, can I came it, I spent a week visiting it a couple years ago :p

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Pfft. DeflateGate is what made me a Patriots fan.
User formerly known as United Islamic Commonwealth and al-Ismailiyya.
Also known as Khosrow, Zarhust, or Lanian Empire.
Praetorian Prefect of EMN
Senator of EMN
Legatus of the Marian Legion
Integrator of EMN
A GCR Supreme General of the Contrarians
Iranian civic/cultural nationalist
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Can I have it? I like boston cream donuts, the dropkick murphys and I'm half-irish. You also through my ancestors tea out their.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:...I’ve attached as proof a brand new picture of me at Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall this morning, though I can also provide pictures ranging from when the snow on the sidewalks was taller than trucks to the height of many summers along the way.

That's the Old South Meeting House. Quinzee Mahkit's a couple blocks to the north, opposite City Hall.

:clap:
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 pm

I mean in addition, anyone who has played Fallout 4 can claim it. They have after all exp. in rebuilding stuff.

Author of issue 1201

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay