NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Makers/Requests II

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corinthina
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corinthina » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:11 am

Great Lakes Municipalities wrote:Hello all! Mine is very simple, I want the exact same flag as I have now but bigger, cleaner and the lakes centered. Thank you very much! I suck at photoshop so it's very much appreciated.

I saw there was some texturing on the green part of your flag. I wasn't sure if this was intentional (to represent forests) or not, so I made a design with a geometric forest pattern and one with just plain green. Let me know what you think.

Great Algerstonia wrote:Can my wolf + circle design be made larger, please?

Did you mean just the wolf or the entire flag? I have made a design with a bigger wolf and one with a wolf the same size.

Jarvikan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jarvikan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:24 am

Corinthina wrote:
Jarvikan wrote:Hello! Can I get a war flag that matches the idea of my current one? I am sick of using one I found of the internet. Thanks!

P.S. If writing is on it, Swedish would be best

Here's two designs for you...

Second one is great. Thanks!

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:30 am

Corinthina wrote:
Great Lakes Municipalities wrote:Hello all! Mine is very simple, I want the exact same flag as I have now but bigger, cleaner and the lakes centered. Thank you very much! I suck at photoshop so it's very much appreciated.

I saw there was some texturing on the green part of your flag. I wasn't sure if this was intentional (to represent forests) or not, so I made a design with a geometric forest pattern and one with just plain green. Let me know what you think.

To be honest, it looks like an anthropomorphic bunny taking a nap. lol

Great Lakes Municipalities
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Great Lakes Municipalities » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Corinthina wrote:

Thanks very much! You are a wiz! Cheers. :)
leader of the trans stoner anarchist mushroom witch bitch party

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:47 am

I'd recommend going to a lighter shade of blue for the lakes, for better contrast with their background here, as well: That or giving them a thin border in either white or yellow, which would be a bit trickier, anyway....
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Dod Nersialand
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dod Nersialand » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:10 am

Dod Nersialand wrote:Can i get a new war flag and emblem and probably a redesigned flag that is like blue and white?

Here

United Central
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby United Central » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:58 am

Spare Flagpole wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:More-or-less so, yes: I'll give it a try. What about the shade of blue?

This version has that element's length & breadth both increased to 120% of their original values. It isn't exactly a quarter of the flag as a whole, due to the ratio in in proportions between that element's original size and the overall flag, but it's within the range that I've seen used in RL flag.

Thank you so much!! It looks amazing

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:21 pm

United Central wrote:
Spare Flagpole wrote:This version has that element's length & breadth both increased to 120% of their original values. It isn't exactly a quarter of the flag as a whole, due to the ratio in in proportions between that element's original size and the overall flag, but it's within the range that I've seen used in RL flag.

You're welcome.
Your new alternative version, with the elements re-arranged, looks pretty good too.
Would you like to see the version with a different shade of blue?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Spare Flagpole
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Spare Flagpole » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 am

United Central wrote:
Spare Flagpole wrote:This version has that element's length & breadth both increased to 120% of their original values. It isn't exactly a quarter of the flag as a whole, due to the ratio in in proportions between that element's original size and the overall flag, but it's within the range that I've seen used in RL flag.

Here's your current design but with the different blue that I had in mind.
This is an OOC puppet of Bears Armed.

Prossinia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Prossinia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:10 am

Nevermind
Last edited by Prossinia on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaldtfjell
Secretary

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaldtfjell » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:37 am

Kaldtfjell wrote:

Thank you very much for this: would it be possible to get the first one but as a rectangular flag rather than the split please? I still want the cross to taper off at the end, but on a rectangular flag.

Is there anyone who would be able to do this for me please?
Puppet of the Licentian Isles

Small family dictatorship in the mountains of central Esportiva, run by the glorious Hovding

Corinthina
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corinthina » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:46 am

Kaldtfjell wrote:
Kaldtfjell wrote:Thank you very much for this: would it be possible to get the first one but as a rectangular flag rather than the split please? I still want the cross to taper off at the end, but on a rectangular flag.

You mean like this?

Keira
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 pm

Is this an appropriate place to ask for flag-making advice? I personally make my own flags, but sometimes get stuck, and so I'd appreciate advice from fellow flag-makers. :unsure: :blush:
⠀⠀⠀⠀Federation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ of ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Keira⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Social Liberalism - Keynesianism - Technoliberalism
Wiki | Map | President | Factbooks

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS
Main: Helvena | Other puppets: Ygria Osttera

Corinthina
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corinthina » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:28 pm

Keira wrote:Is this an appropriate place to ask for flag-making advice? I personally make my own flags, but sometimes get stuck, and so I'd appreciate advice from fellow flag-makers. :unsure: :blush:

You have a very intricately designed flag on the left there. It's very well done. Personally I prefer more minimalist designs, but we all have our likes and dislikes in vexillology, and the beauty of art is it is subjective. There is a short book called 'Good Flag, Bad Flag' that has the following five principles for a flag...

1. Keep It Simple. The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.
2. Use Meaningful Symbolism. The flag’s images, colours, or patterns should relate to what it symbolises.
3. Use 2 or 3 Basic Colours. Limit the number of colours on the flag to three which contrast well and come from the standard colour set.
4. No Lettering or Seals. Never use writing of any kind or an organisation’s seal.
5. Be Distinctive or Be Related. Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if my current flag lives up to all of these rules. The sun might be a bit too complicated on my current design, but I think there are generally good rules to go by for clean, simple but effective flags.

Keira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:48 pm

Corinthina wrote:
Keira wrote:Is this an appropriate place to ask for flag-making advice? I personally make my own flags, but sometimes get stuck, and so I'd appreciate advice from fellow flag-makers. :unsure: :blush:

You have a very intricately designed flag on the left there. It's very well done. Personally I prefer more minimalist designs, but we all have our likes and dislikes in vexillology, and the beauty of art is it is subjective. There is a short book called 'Good Flag, Bad Flag' that has the following five principles for a flag...

1. Keep It Simple. The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.
2. Use Meaningful Symbolism. The flag’s images, colours, or patterns should relate to what it symbolises.
3. Use 2 or 3 Basic Colours. Limit the number of colours on the flag to three which contrast well and come from the standard colour set.
4. No Lettering or Seals. Never use writing of any kind or an organisation’s seal.
5. Be Distinctive or Be Related. Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if my current flag lives up to all of these rules. The sun might be a bit too complicated on my current design, but I think there are generally good rules to go by for clean, simple but effective flags.

Oh, no - I was asking in general, not about Keira's current flag! I'm fine with Keira's flag even if it is hellishly complex. I'm also fine with breaking some of the well-known flag rules.

I actually wanted advice about a coat of arms I'm making to later be put on Osttera's flag. I'm done with the royal cape thingy, and now I'm working on the central shield. It's going to be inspired by this Big Body Love logo. Here's a sketch of what I've done so far - heart-shaped booty shield.

So, as you can see, I have the heart figured out, but I dunno how to incorporate the Bs. I was thinking about maybe having a key from each side - yano, a classic royal-ish symbol - with the heads of the keys being B-shaped. But the heads would need to be big, which would mean the key blade would need to be big and long as well, and that's not going to fit into the shield. :unsure: Of course, having a pair of breasts representing the B has also crossed my mind, but that would be against the rules on NS. :lol:

Any thoughts/suggestions?

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS

Kaldtfjell
Secretary

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaldtfjell » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Corinthina wrote:
Kaldtfjell wrote:

You mean like this?

Exactly, thank you!
Puppet of the Licentian Isles

Small family dictatorship in the mountains of central Esportiva, run by the glorious Hovding

Celestial American Republic
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Celestial American Republic » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:32 pm

I'd like it if someone could make a flag with a slightly different eagle design to what I have now with more rounded, wider wings and maybe have him clutching two rifles in his talons.
An American conservative nationalist from Texas. My discord is American Steve#8676. This nation represents all my views.
For God and Liberty We Stand, A Union of one thousand systems and three thousand planets, together we stand, united as one, we salute the banner of liberty.
HOLONET NEWS: Bresqi War ends with American victory | White Hole revealed to lead to other galaxy cluster, expedition planned | Volkan officials take to Chirper to complain about GA ultimatum | Border skirmishes between The State and Vista-Noris end with hundreds dead
NS Stats executed by firing squad

Banqubya
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Banqubya » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:07 pm

I would like a flag that has a line coming down from the upmost left corner to the lowest right corner. This line will be black. Then On the left side of line dark red and on the right yellow ( a bold bright yellow). The thickness of the line will be the same as the flag of Trinidad and Tobago.

Keira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Banqubya wrote:I would like a flag that has a line coming down from the upmost left corner to the lowest right corner. This line will be black. Then On the left side of line dark red and on the right yellow ( a bold bright yellow). The thickness of the line will be the same as the flag of Trinidad and Tobago.

It took me longer to figure out what you were asking for than to make the flag. :lol: Is this what you wanted?

Banqubya
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Banqubya » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Keira wrote:
Banqubya wrote:I would like a flag that has a line coming down from the upmost left corner to the lowest right corner. This line will be black. Then On the left side of line dark red and on the right yellow ( a bold bright yellow). The thickness of the line will be the same as the flag of Trinidad and Tobago.

It took me longer to figure out what you were asking for than to make the flag. :lol: Is this what you wanted?

Thank you so much! And sorry if I sounded too technical lol :lol:

Columbia and Louisiana
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Columbia and Louisiana » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:11 pm

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Columbia and Louisiana on Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Corinthina
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corinthina » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 am

Keira wrote:
Corinthina wrote:You have a very intricately designed flag on the left there. It's very well done. Personally I prefer more minimalist designs, but we all have our likes and dislikes in vexillology, and the beauty of art is it is subjective. There is a short book called 'Good Flag, Bad Flag' that has the following five principles for a flag...

Oh, no - I was asking in general, not about Keira's current flag! I'm fine with Keira's flag even if it is hellishly complex. I'm also fine with breaking some of the well-known flag rules.

I actually wanted advice about a coat of arms I'm making to later be put on Osttera's flag. I'm done with the royal cape thingy, and now I'm working on the central shield. It's going to be inspired by this Big Body Love logo. Here's a sketch of what I've done so far - heart-shaped booty shield.

So, as you can see, I have the heart figured out, but I dunno how to incorporate the Bs. I was thinking about maybe having a key from each side - yano, a classic royal-ish symbol - with the heads of the keys being B-shaped. But the heads would need to be big, which would mean the key blade would need to be big and long as well, and that's not going to fit into the shield. :unsure: Of course, having a pair of breasts representing the B has also crossed my mind, but that would be against the rules on NS. :lol:

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Oh my bad, friend. I wasn't sure about the context as you didn't mention any specifics. From what you have mentioned here, I definitely like the ideas of keys representing the Bs. That makes a lot of sense to me.

For the rest of you people asking for flags, I'm very sorry to inform you I have fractured my dominant hand at work and won't be able to help fulfil your wishes for a little while. Hopefully one of the other very talented people on here will be able to help out.

Crnarus
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Crnarus » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:00 am

Hello!

Excuse me for requesting something again. Could someone please remove the black background of the flag I made?

Thanks in Advance!

The Kamchatka Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kamchatka Republic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi.

I would like a bicolour flag in the ratio 3:5 that is white and blue with a red saltire over the white-and-blue field.

Spode Humbled Minions
Envoy

Founded: May 13, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Spode Humbled Minions » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Crnarus wrote:Hello!

Excuse me for requesting something again. Could someone please remove the black background of the flag I made?

Thanks in Advance!

"Sadly we do not have seven plagues to soften your hardened heart"
“Your existing state of mind is at caress to apocalypse.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay