NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Makers/Requests II

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Can combine the finnish (Tilting left part) and british (The X part) flags, make the stripes all blue, put a light blue background and put the shield in the intersection

Shov Scien
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shov Scien » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Romextly wrote:Can combine the finnish (Tilting left part) and british (The X part) flags, make the stripes all blue, put a light blue background and put the shield in the intersection

Like this?
....EVER VIGILANT.....
/ Please excuse the mess! This nation's lore and information is still under construction. Thank you for your patience! /
If I post in a thread that my factbooks are too unfinished to properly interact with me in, you're allowed to yell at me.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Shov Scien wrote:
Romextly wrote:Can combine the finnish (Tilting left part) and british (The X part) flags, make the stripes all blue, put a light blue background and put the shield in the intersection

Like this?

Yes, thank you

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 am

United Soviet Federation wrote:
Ayverin wrote:Ight, finished.

Thank you, but there seems to have been a slight miscommunication. I was looking to replace the symbol within the gear with the one on my flag and have that be in the centre. I do appreciate the effort though.

Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

United Soviet Federation
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Federation » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
United Soviet Federation wrote:Thank you, but there seems to have been a slight miscommunication. I was looking to replace the symbol within the gear with the one on my flag and have that be in the centre. I do appreciate the effort though.

Thank you, that is excellent.
|U N I T E D - S O V I E T - F E D E R A T I O N|
Accept no Limits

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Shov Scien wrote:

Like this?

Actually can you make the lines thinner?

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:50 am

I have no requests, but what would you do to improve my current flag without changing the colors scheme?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:50 am

-Ocelot- wrote:I have no requests, but what would you do to improve my current flag without changing the colors scheme?

There's a thread for that.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Republic of Junin
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Junin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:55 am

Here's another very good page: https://tennessine.co.uk/flags/

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
-Ocelot- wrote:I have no requests, but what would you do to improve my current flag without changing the colors scheme?

There's a thread for that.

Thanks.

Airthabmennae
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Airthabmennae » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:37 am

Howdy,

I've been trying to work my current 'flag' (A rendition of a semi-heraldric reference to Hengest and Horsa) into a proper banner, but I fear my lack of experience when it comes to using actual digital effects and artwork have brought my attempts to a rather aggravating deadlock, hence why I've decided to show my face here, in the hopes that someone could perhaps help me out with creating an aesthetically pleasing flag for my nation.

I've got the design figured out in my head, and I was thinking of something akin to this:

I would like to use an Oriflamme as a base, mostly because I feel that it encapsulates this nation's features, and because that type of flag has seldom been used on NationStates. I don't have a specific aspect ratio, and I'm fairly neutral when it comes to that; my nation does not have any standarized systems of measurement anyway, and I feel that I would take away from the artistic freedom of the lovely people in this thread if I was to make demands on the exact ratio of width to length.

Regarding the flag proper; I was thinking of placing this 'thing' that I've currently got for a flag onto a crystal-shaped white field with dark black corners. That would then be placed on a field of grey, surrounded by gouttes, a term commonly used in heraldry to describe tiny droplets. In my example, the 'spots' meant to symbolize those gouttes are coloured in a bright red, but I think a dark burgundy would fit the flag better. The layer of colour behind the grey would be a bronzish colour. I chose "antique bronze", but I wasn't really satisfied; If you could make it look like actual, metallic bronze, that'd be real cool, as that would signify that the flag would actually be adorned with metal accessories. If that's not possible, a simple dark brown would suffice. On the most outer ring, I wasn't quite sure whether I should use "liberty blue", a very dark blue that closely resembled grey, or whether I should have gone with a green colour.

Either way, these colours are far more of a suggestion than a demand; I highly encourage anybody willing to work on this piece to mend it to their own personal taste, as I quite dislike the colour scheme that I've come up with myself, mostly because it looks very unappealing. I just took it as I thought it would convey some things about the nation, i.e. life is somewhat bleak, bright colours aren't extremely common, people tend to use more natural dyes, etc etc.

There's still some space to be filled on the banner, but I'm currently dry on ideas, so I'm hoping to add in some more thoughts later. If you're working on this and you think you might think of a cool addition or two (swords, shields, lions, what have you) feel free to throw them in! The more people's feedback I get, the better my flag would be, so please don't hold back!

I apologize if I haven't been very concrete in denoting what I would want my flag to have, and I fully understand if the stance isn't particularly popular. Therefore, I would want to add in something that I think gives the flag a bit more personality and flavour. Whilst browsing the web for Oriflammes (there's not that many of them, I'm afraid) I stumbled upon this picture of an Oriflamme with wee knots at the end, and I thought it looked cool and fairly authentic. I'll be sure to link that, too, and it would be great if those could be added into the final flag design.

Alright, here's the pictures I mentioned (My own sketch is horrendous, you've been warned :p)
Image The Frankish Oriflamme, aka the base that I want to use for my nation's flag
Image my own sketch
Image The knots attached to the ends of said Oriflamme that I would love to have bungling beneath my nation's flag

As I mentioned earlier, I greatly appreciate all the help that I can get for this flag, so even if you feel like you might not want to draw / create it, do feel free to give me some tips or feedback on how you would make the banner more bearable.

Thanks a bunch for reading, and thanks so much for helping out!
ᛒᚢᚺᚱᛇᛞᚨᚱᛒᚢᛜᛇᛞ ᚺᚾ ᚠᛇᛚᚲᚢᛋᚨᚱ ᛋ'ᛇᚱᚦᚨᛒᛗᛖᚾᚾᛇ
buhrïdarbungaid hn faelkusar s'airþabmennae
The Fraternal Confederation of Nations / Peoples / Tribes / Armies of the Lands of the Moon

A Nation of Indo-European Tribes thrust into the modern world. NS Stats are not applicable.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:33 am

Airthabmennae wrote:Howdy,

I've been trying to work my current 'flag' (A rendition of a semi-heraldric reference to Hengest and Horsa) into a proper banner, but I fear my lack of experience when it comes to using actual digital effects and artwork have brought my attempts to a rather aggravating deadlock, hence why I've decided to show my face here, in the hopes that someone could perhaps help me out with creating an aesthetically pleasing flag for my nation.

I've got the design figured out in my head, and I was thinking of something akin to this:

I would like to use an Oriflamme as a base, mostly because I feel that it encapsulates this nation's features, and because that type of flag has seldom been used on NationStates. I don't have a specific aspect ratio, and I'm fairly neutral when it comes to that; my nation does not have any standarized systems of measurement anyway, and I feel that I would take away from the artistic freedom of the lovely people in this thread if I was to make demands on the exact ratio of width to length.

Regarding the flag proper; I was thinking of placing this 'thing' that I've currently got for a flag onto a crystal-shaped white field with dark black corners. That would then be placed on a field of grey, surrounded by gouttes, a term commonly used in heraldry to describe tiny droplets. In my example, the 'spots' meant to symbolize those gouttes are coloured in a bright red, but I think a dark burgundy would fit the flag better. The layer of colour behind the grey would be a bronzish colour. I chose "antique bronze", but I wasn't really satisfied; If you could make it look like actual, metallic bronze, that'd be real cool, as that would signify that the flag would actually be adorned with metal accessories. If that's not possible, a simple dark brown would suffice. On the most outer ring, I wasn't quite sure whether I should use "liberty blue", a very dark blue that closely resembled grey, or whether I should have gone with a green colour.

Either way, these colours are far more of a suggestion than a demand; I highly encourage anybody willing to work on this piece to mend it to their own personal taste, as I quite dislike the colour scheme that I've come up with myself, mostly because it looks very unappealing. I just took it as I thought it would convey some things about the nation, i.e. life is somewhat bleak, bright colours aren't extremely common, people tend to use more natural dyes, etc etc.

There's still some space to be filled on the banner, but I'm currently dry on ideas, so I'm hoping to add in some more thoughts later. If you're working on this and you think you might think of a cool addition or two (swords, shields, lions, what have you) feel free to throw them in! The more people's feedback I get, the better my flag would be, so please don't hold back!

I apologize if I haven't been very concrete in denoting what I would want my flag to have, and I fully understand if the stance isn't particularly popular. Therefore, I would want to add in something that I think gives the flag a bit more personality and flavour. Whilst browsing the web for Oriflammes (there's not that many of them, I'm afraid) I stumbled upon this picture of an Oriflamme with wee knots at the end, and I thought it looked cool and fairly authentic. I'll be sure to link that, too, and it would be great if those could be added into the final flag design.

Alright, here's the pictures I mentioned (My own sketch is horrendous, you've been warned :p)
(Image) The Frankish Oriflamme, aka the base that I want to use for my nation's flag
(Image) my own sketch
(Image) The knots attached to the ends of said Oriflamme that I would love to have bungling beneath my nation's flag

As I mentioned earlier, I greatly appreciate all the help that I can get for this flag, so even if you feel like you might not want to draw / create it, do feel free to give me some tips or feedback on how you would make the banner more bearable.

Airthabmennae
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Airthabmennae » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Airthabmennae wrote:Howdy,

(Image) The Frankish Oriflamme, aka the base that I want to use for my nation's flag
(Image) my own sketch
(Image) The knots attached to the ends of said Oriflamme that I would love to have bungling beneath my nation's flag

Looks fantastic! Thanks so much for the helping hand.
ᛒᚢᚺᚱᛇᛞᚨᚱᛒᚢᛜᛇᛞ ᚺᚾ ᚠᛇᛚᚲᚢᛋᚨᚱ ᛋ'ᛇᚱᚦᚨᛒᛗᛖᚾᚾᛇ
buhrïdarbungaid hn faelkusar s'airþabmennae
The Fraternal Confederation of Nations / Peoples / Tribes / Armies of the Lands of the Moon

A Nation of Indo-European Tribes thrust into the modern world. NS Stats are not applicable.

Sanaq
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanaq » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 am

disregard
Last edited by Sanaq on Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Can some one put this

in the brazilian flag, replacing the blue world? Thank you

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Can someone also put this in a spanish flag, but instead of red, let it be black

Eiran
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eiran » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Romextly wrote:Can some one put this

ImageImage

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Eiran wrote:
Romextly wrote:Can some one put this

ImageImage

Can you also take off the stars and the words plz. Sorry for not being specific

Eiran
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eiran » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Romextly wrote:Can someone also put this in a spanish flag, but instead of red, let it be black

Are you sure about the colors?

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Eiran wrote:
Romextly wrote:Can someone also put this in a spanish flag, but instead of red, let it be black

Are you sure about the colors?

WEll, inverse the flag. Black where it was yellow and yellow where it was red

Eiran
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eiran » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:05 pm

Romextly wrote:
Eiran wrote:Are you sure about the colors?

WEll, inverse the flag. Black where it was yellow and yellow where it was red

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Eiran wrote:
Romextly wrote:WEll, inverse the flag. Black where it was yellow and yellow where it was red

I meant no red. That black be the middle and yellow the edges. Sorry for the miscommunication

Eiran
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eiran » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Romextly wrote:
Eiran wrote:

I meant no red. That black be the middle and yellow the edges. Sorry for the miscommunication

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Eiran wrote:
Romextly wrote:I meant no red. That black be the middle and yellow the edges. Sorry for the miscommunication

Thank you

Sahyun
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahyun » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:02 am

Hello. I'd like to request for a change to this flag. Make it vertical with the stars facing topward, while the crescent and the star in the middle are to be realigned towards the bottom. Change the green to a deep red (I don't really care which shade of deep red it'll be, as long as it doesn't clash with the yellow and not too bright).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay