NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Makers/Requests II

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Egyptosian
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Egyptosian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:22 pm

can i get my flag but with a golden eagle on the cross section
WE ARENT BASED OFF OF EGYPTTTTT
embassy program - pls setup embassy
We use ns stats if they favor us

Temosia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Temosia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:28 pm

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:
Temosia wrote:Would you rather hear my feedback on the designs here on the thread or via telegram?

On the thread. I can't guarantee a telegram won't be deleted because I almost never clear them out. Sorry for late reply, by the way.

Also, thanks for the compliment!

Got it. :p So your flags' designs are indeed very "crisp" and "modern" looking! They're great flags in and of themselves, and I especially liked the way the white of the Byzantine Cross cuts across the flag (I had actually contemplated a similar design at one point before deciding against it). That being said, I'm looking for something that looks a bit more medieval to fit Temosia's theme. My nation is a very traditional society; the last time it had any major influence from outside was between the World Wars, and even then it wasn't much. So I think the flag should look more "ornate" for lack of a better word, like a holdover from an earlier century.

Here are some links to some different flags to give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Even though some of these have the cross at the side or whatever; I'm thinking it would look best if the Byzantine Cross was in the middle, especially since religion is pretty central to the life of the citizens of Temosia. It's also okay if you take creative liberties in order to make the Byzantine Cross look more ornate. The flag doesn't have to be as utterly complicated as the Kingdom of Two Sicilies or Republic of Venice flags; I just wanted to demonstrate how the detail makes the flag look less "20th century". I also like how the Republic of Venice flag has some nifty stuff going on at the sides. If you want some further inspiration for patterns, you can take a look at some Ancient Greek pottery patterns like these that could be on the side of the flag: https://www.google.com/search?q=greek+p ... fiy4w8DrlM:

I hope you found my feedback helpful! :)

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Temosia wrote:
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:On the thread. I can't guarantee a telegram won't be deleted because I almost never clear them out. Sorry for late reply, by the way.

Also, thanks for the compliment!

Got it. :p So your flags' designs are indeed very "crisp" and "modern" looking! They're great flags in and of themselves, and I especially liked the way the white of the Byzantine Cross cuts across the flag (I had actually contemplated a similar design at one point before deciding against it). That being said, I'm looking for something that looks a bit more medieval to fit Temosia's theme. My nation is a very traditional society; the last time it had any major influence from outside was between the World Wars, and even then it wasn't much. So I think the flag should look more "ornate" for lack of a better word, like a holdover from an earlier century.

Here are some links to some different flags to give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Even though some of these have the cross at the side or whatever; I'm thinking it would look best if the Byzantine Cross was in the middle, especially since religion is pretty central to the life of the citizens of Temosia. It's also okay if you take creative liberties in order to make the Byzantine Cross look more ornate. The flag doesn't have to be as utterly complicated as the Kingdom of Two Sicilies or Republic of Venice flags; I just wanted to demonstrate how the detail makes the flag look less "20th century". I also like how the Republic of Venice flag has some nifty stuff going on at the sides. If you want some further inspiration for patterns, you can take a look at some Ancient Greek pottery patterns like these that could be on the side of the flag: https://www.google.com/search?q=greek+p ... fiy4w8DrlM:

Alright, thanks for the input. I'll try to stay more to the ornate and decorative aesthetic. Expect some more designs later today.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Temosia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Temosia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Temosia wrote:Got it. :p So your flags' designs are indeed very "crisp" and "modern" looking! They're great flags in and of themselves, and I especially liked the way the white of the Byzantine Cross cuts across the flag (I had actually contemplated a similar design at one point before deciding against it). That being said, I'm looking for something that looks a bit more medieval to fit Temosia's theme. My nation is a very traditional society; the last time it had any major influence from outside was between the World Wars, and even then it wasn't much. So I think the flag should look more "ornate" for lack of a better word, like a holdover from an earlier century.

Alright, thanks for the input. I'll try to stay more to the ornate and decorative aesthetic. Expect some more designs later today.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Definitely not looking to stifle your creativity, which you clearly have plenty of. :lol:

I'm just amazed at how many amazing artists are on here, as well as creative ideas for nations. The NationStates community is definitely something else.

The Isle of Beithe
Envoy

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of Beithe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 pm

Brusseldorf wrote:
The Isle of Beithe wrote:I would like a more professional quality version of my current flag.

"The Dutch weren't ready,
https://i.imgur.com/BS9g7lS.png
the defence wasn't steady,
https://i.imgur.com/ZdGLgfx.png
and there was good old Teddy!
https://i.imgur.com/bC7jR8T.png
And toast tonight with a glass of Sherry!"

Wonderful! Thank you!
Last edited by The Isle of Beithe on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE ALLIED STATES OF THE ISLE OF BEITHE
MAIN FACTBOOK | SIDE FACTBOOKS | EMBASSY PROGRAMME | NEWS | CURRENT POLITICS
Head of State: President Ehrich W. Kemp | World Location: Australasia | Government Type: Constitutional democratic federation (official), meritocratic authoritarian democracy (unofficial)
Level 7 World Power according this index. Member of INTERPOL. Current RPs: 1. Political Views.

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Temosia wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Definitely not looking to stifle your creativity, which you clearly have plenty of. :lol:

I'm just amazed at how many amazing artists are on here, as well as creative ideas for nations. The NationStates community is definitely something else.

I have a design here that I want you to critique.

Higher quality.

It's still kinda simple. I was trying random designs, but this one I liked. I want you to review it and tell me if you like the general idea.

If you like the general design, I also want you to tell me what kind of design you want me to replace the outer red rectangle with, and what colors you want rather than red and gold, if you want different colors or designs.
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

The United Chinese Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Chinese Republic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
The United Chinese Republic wrote:Hi there. I have a very simple request.

Just put the seal in a completely white background with a resolution of 320 x 212, then copy it and make the copy twice the size.

Much appreciated!

(Image)

No. Bad idea. Starting small and scaling up is a recipe for horrible low-quality results. Start large (e.g. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... al.svg.png) and scale down.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Can you downscale that into a 320 x 212? I need it for small previews and stuff. Thanks!
Last edited by The United Chinese Republic on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
A 13.7 civilization, according to this index.

PRO-GUAIDO (Venezuelan chair of parliament...)
OPTION 1 (Denounced)
CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHIST PARTY (though not Trump) (Time for a Monarchist Party in the USA?
DELICIOUS AND TASTY (Meatless burgers are Satan's work)

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusseldorf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:25 am

The United Chinese Republic wrote:320 x 212?

http://www.picresize.com
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

The United Chinese Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Chinese Republic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 am

Brusseldorf wrote:
The United Chinese Republic wrote:320 x 212?

http://www.picresize.com

Many thanks.
A 13.7 civilization, according to this index.

PRO-GUAIDO (Venezuelan chair of parliament...)
OPTION 1 (Denounced)
CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHIST PARTY (though not Trump) (Time for a Monarchist Party in the USA?
DELICIOUS AND TASTY (Meatless burgers are Satan's work)

Temosia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Temosia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Temosia wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Definitely not looking to stifle your creativity, which you clearly have plenty of. :lol:

Higher quality.

It's still kinda simple. I was trying random designs, but this one I liked. I want you to review it and tell me if you like the general idea.

If you like the general design, I also want you to tell me what kind of design you want me to replace the outer red rectangle with, and what colors you want rather than red and gold, if you want different colors or designs.

You have no idea how much I like this flag! :clap: The cross looks very well placed too. Simple but elegant. ;)

As for colours, I'm thinking some kind of blue for the backdrop and some white, and maybe some gold if you feel like. Feel free to play with the colours. You have a good artistic eye given how well you pulled off the red and gold combo.

As for the sides, maybe you could do some kind of "meander" around the edges where the rectangles are right now. That's a very Greek-y thing to do. L.o.l.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meander_(art)

I was kind of having a bad day but you cheered me up considerably, La Paz de Los Ricos. Thanks for that. :)

P.S. Do you speak Spanish, by the way? Thinking about what your name means always cracks me up. :lol2:

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Temosia wrote:

Higher quality.

You have no idea how much I like this flag! :clap: The cross looks very well placed too. Simple but elegant. ;)

As for colours, I'm thinking some kind of blue for the backdrop and some white, and maybe some gold if you feel like. Feel free to play with the colours. You have a good artistic eye given how well you pulled off the red and gold combo.

As for the sides, maybe you could do some kind of "meander" around the edges where the rectangles are right now. That's a very Greek-y thing to do. L.o.l.

I was kind of having a bad day but you cheered me up considerably, La Paz de Los Ricos. Thanks for that. :)

P.S. Do you speak Spanish, by the way? Thinking about what your name means always cracks me up. :lol2:

Hey thanks for the compliments! I'll take those ideas into consideration. I'm gonna experiment a bit with the gold and white parts of the flag, but I'll keep the blue as the background.

I'll try and do the meandering pattern for the outlining as well. Expect some designs to come within the next few hours. You can give feedback when they're up.

By the way, yes I do speak Spanish. I know "the peace of the rich" isn't exactly a name that makes that much sense, but I think it works.
CURRENT PROJECT . . .

Temosia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Temosia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Temosia wrote:You have no idea how much I like this flag! :clap: The cross looks very well placed too. Simple but elegant. ;)

Hey thanks for the compliments! I'll take those ideas into consideration. I'm gonna experiment a bit with the gold and white parts of the flag, but I'll keep the blue as the background.

I'll try and do the meandering pattern for the outlining as well. Expect some designs to come within the next few hours. You can give feedback when they're up.

By the way, yes I do speak Spanish. I know "the peace of the rich" isn't exactly a name that makes that much sense, but I think it works.

I think "peace of the rich" does make sense in a humorous sort of way. I like it! :p

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do next! :)

Deltanium
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltanium » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Cam someone put a blond anime girl on my flag and tg me the name

Link to flag in sig
Last edited by Deltanium on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Deltia
"As He died to make men holy, let us die 'cause we want to!"

I have joined the light theme war against the dark theme.

Death is a preferable alternative to communism, death is a preferable alternative to democracy. Death is a preferable alternative to fascism. I just wanna die.

Discord server!

Christian Atheists are Atheists who behave like Christians... I guess that makes me an Atheist Christian?

I created a leader template with the stolen ideas of SC and Zitravgrad.

Radio Łódź:Sabaton- To Hell And Back|Der Warzau Telegraf: BREAKING: Valentine Z says the N-word!|American troops arrive in France

Danelaw Scandinavia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 19, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Danelaw Scandinavia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Hey can you guys make a war flag? Make the star a broken heart and the bottom right a light black and top left the same. Make the Black already around the cross cyan. Make those stripes Blood red.

Shy Guyia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shy Guyia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:37 am

Deltanium wrote:Cam someone put a blond anime girl on my flag and tg me the name

Link to flag in sig

Searches for "transparent blonde anime girl" on google
Here you go. Girl is apparently from the anime the Idolmaster.
Danelaw Scandinavia wrote:Hey can you guys make a war flag? Make the star a broken heart and the bottom right a light black and top left the same. Make the Black already around the cross cyan. Make those stripes Blood red.

Could we get the flag without the ripple effect?

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 am

All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Kashtyria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashtyria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:29 am

Danelaw Scandinavia
Civil Servant

Postby Danelaw Scandinavia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:40 am

Shy Guyia wrote:
Deltanium wrote:Cam someone put a blond anime girl on my flag and tg me the name

Link to flag in sig

Searches for "transparent blonde anime girl" on google
Here you go. Girl is apparently from the anime the Idolmaster.
Danelaw Scandinavia wrote:Hey can you guys make a war flag? Make the star a broken heart and the bottom right a light black and top left the same. Make the Black already around the cross cyan. Make those stripes Blood red.

Could we get the flag without the ripple effect?

K

Deims Kir
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2018

Postby Deims Kir » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 am

an ornate flag for an esperanto speaking country please
Proud Lands End Member, Cards Player and More

The Margaritas
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Margaritas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am

Egyptosian wrote:can i get my flag but with a golden eagle on the cross section

I tried my best

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 am

Temosia wrote:

I think "peace of the rich" does make sense in a humorous sort of way. I like it! :p

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do next! :)

Okay, here I have several designs that I personally liked. I haven't posted high quality versions because I want you to look over the designs, then tell me which one you like best, or if none of them is appealing, what color combinations or changes you want me to make. Then, once you tell me your selection, I'll clean and polish it (because right now there are some random pixels and mistakes everywhere I want to get rid of.)

Sorry for the wait, though.

Hope you like 'em!
CURRENT PROJECT . . .

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:06 am

All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Intercosmos
Attaché

Founded: Jun 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Intercosmos » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:59 am

Album:https://imgur.com/a/YQ4951f

Version A:

Version B:
The Intercosmical Empire, or simply, Intercosmos,
IC year is 20019

A Tier 12, Level 11 and Type 11 civilization, according to this index.

East USSR
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Flag

Postby East USSR » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:04 pm

If you have time could you make me a flag with an silver ouroboros(serpent biting it tail) with 4 quadrants coloured black and green.

My email is ethansiemens@gmail.com

Thank you if you decide to take my request

Temosia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Temosia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:Okay, here I have several designs that I personally liked. I haven't posted high quality versions because I want you to look over the designs, then tell me which one you like best, or if none of them is appealing, what color combinations or changes you want me to make. Then, once you tell me your selection, I'll clean and polish it (because right now there are some random pixels and mistakes everywhere I want to get rid of.)

Sorry for the wait, though.

Hope you like 'em!

Yo, I do like them! :blush:

I'm not trying to meet a deadline or anything so feel free to take your time. :lol2:

My favorite design is actually the white on blue without the gold. After seeing the designs with gold it feels like the gold is too overwhelming for the border and for the cross it makes it not stand out as much as a white cross. So let's go with the white on blue design. 8)

I think it's almost perfect now! My last nit-pick is I'm thinking that the borders could be a teeny bit smaller. Like just a little bit, like a milimetre smaller.
After that I think the flag's good to go :!:

Thanks for all of your creative help! :)
I hope this was a usefully challenging project.

Also, do you still have the original blue and white flag that you did? The one with the white cross cutting across the flag?
I was thinking I could use that one as a military flag! So I'd like to have that one too in addition to the final design, if that's okay.

P.S. Do you have any interest in vexillology in real life? I feel like people underestimate how much work goes into making flags that both look good and that people can connect with. Like in New Zealand pretty recently, they were trying to get a new flag that would look more unique, like Canada did in the 1960's, and which looked less like Australia's flag. People were saying that they ought to hire vexillologists to aid with the process of helping to pick out and tweak submitted flag designs. Instead they let a committee of career politicians do it. The designs they picked were, in my opinion, totally ugly. :shock: Most of them were monochrome black-and-white too. And then they asked the public to vote for the best design. Of course the New Zealanders voted down all the designs and chose to keep the original flag, and they all complained that the government was run by idiots and they had wasted a ridiculous amount of taxpayer money. I don't live in New Zealand but I thought the whole incident was hilarious. :lol: Just goes to show that a lot goes into making a good flag! :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay