NATION

PASSWORD

What's with all the WA liberations lately?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
SchoolHouse Rock
Secretary

Founded: Oct 10, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

What's with all the WA liberations lately?

Postby SchoolHouse Rock » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:38 am

Can someone please explain why liberations have become a high priority for the WA? I'm not against it, I'm just curious as to what is going on. Aren't most nations role-playing or is something going on that I don't know about?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:57 am

SchoolHouse Rock wrote:Aren't most nations role-playing

Not at all. There are many different sub-games going on within NationStates. The honor of "most nations" almost certainly goes to the raiding/defending community, who can sometimes create 50 puppets a night for EACH player. I suspect that roleplayers actually comprise a higher number of "unique players", but there's no way to measure that. Then there are various other forum communities, such as the GA proposal authors, the political arguing Generalites, and the somewhat spammy F7ers. There are dozens of other subgroups as well.

I suspect the single largest community is the ones we never see on the forums - a mix of school friends chatting on RMBs plus quiet, "hermit" players who just answer issues.

SchoolHouse Rock wrote:Can someone please explain why liberations have become a high priority for the WA?

People vote on what authors post. A few SC authors decided to propose some Liberations, so that's what we're voting on. It's a phase. Something else will come along eventually.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 am

The main use of a liberation is to "free" a region occupied by raiders

However, a recent trend has seen liberations used against groups that are considered evil such as fascists/nazi's - this is because the prevailing gameplay culture sees condemnations as a badge of honour, much like a commendation would be used to praise someone
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Return to Gameplay