NATION

PASSWORD

What is actually going on in gameplay??

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Balder is totally weak and unimpressive but also Balder controls Europeia
6%
Rach/Solorni is a bad diplomat but also she controls tons of players
23%
Europeia is under the thumb of imperialist userites in Balder (hailing from LKE) but also controls Balder
4%
Actually, The Land of Kings and Emperors controls Balder and it is they who controls Europeia
8%
Actually, Europeia controls Balder which controls the Land of Kings and Emperors
4%
Evil Independent, Entryists, Imperialist Userites unfairly control the game but would actually be better off if they read "Proper Francoist Thought"
14%
The New Inquisition isn't actually dead and has controlled Europeia since 2007
32%
Europeia has to listen to people complain about "entryism" despite being one of the only real victims of entryism at the hands of insidious defender orgs
10%

Total votes : 79

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

There seems to be a lot of confusion about who controls who these days, and who is controlled by who. Wondering if by asking the audience I can actually discover The Truth!!!1
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 pm

It's all a UIAF plot.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Consular wrote:It's all a UIAF plot.

I'm almost convinced of this!!!!
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm

The real truth here is that this is all a long term plot from the NS queer community to take over; distracting everyone with trivialities while we strike from the shadows.
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm

edited after I read the rules.
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:If your not asking about gameplay mechanics or how something works in gameplay then move it to general.

gameplay isn't just for discussing gameplay mechanics? this thread would be so random in general lmao
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:If your not asking about gameplay mechanics or how something works in gameplay then move it to general.

Nope.jpg

Gameplay isn't just mechanics

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Taken straight from the gameplay forum rules themselves

What doesn't belong in the Gameplay forum:

Roleplay

No roleplay in the gameplay forum. Roleplay generally happens here on the forum, and involves making up stuff about your nation and the people within it. These threads should go into one of the roleplay forums - read their stickies to find out which is suitable for your thread. Out of character RP discussions, RP signs up, and any actual roleplaying, should not go in the Gameplay forum.

Issues specifics

Questions on managing your nation's stats are fine, but threads on how to answer specific issues should go in the Got Issues forum.

Tech questions/suggestions

Questions about how game mechanics work go in the Technical forum, while questions about how players use these game mechanics to their advantage (such as invaders and defenders) go in the Gameplay forum.If you want the game changed, ask in the Technical forum. Discussion of the impact of previous technical changes on gameplaying is acceptable in the Gameplay forum

Moderation/rules questions

Questions about the rules or Moderator actions should be asked in the Moderation forum.

Real world discussions

Real-world discussions should not be posted in the Gameplay forum, unless directly relating it to gameplay. An example of one thread that manages this is The Shadow War, which relates the invader/defender game to the TV program 'Babylon 5'.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Webus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Webus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Outside is a game where the devs take a really long time to update the gameplay, it will probably be limited to what it is now for the next few 1,000,000 years, or next few decades if the human players manage to be able to buff themselves.
They/them

Gibraltarica
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibraltarica » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

If you feel this is off-topic, feel free to report in Moderation instead of arguing with someone with years more GP experience than you about it, aggies.
Colloquially known as "Jinkies"
I’m a gal :)

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Taken straight from the gameplay forum rules themselves

What doesn't belong in the Gameplay forum:

Roleplay

No roleplay in the gameplay forum. Roleplay generally happens here on the forum, and involves making up stuff about your nation and the people within it. These threads should go into one of the roleplay forums - read their stickies to find out which is suitable for your thread. Out of character RP discussions, RP signs up, and any actual roleplaying, should not go in the Gameplay forum.

Issues specifics

Questions on managing your nation's stats are fine, but threads on how to answer specific issues should go in the Got Issues forum.

Tech questions/suggestions

Questions about how game mechanics work go in the Technical forum, while questions about how players use these game mechanics to their advantage (such as invaders and defenders) go in the Gameplay forum.If you want the game changed, ask in the Technical forum. Discussion of the impact of previous technical changes on gameplaying is acceptable in the Gameplay forum

Moderation/rules questions

Questions about the rules or Moderator actions should be asked in the Moderation forum.

Real world discussions

Real-world discussions should not be posted in the Gameplay forum, unless directly relating it to gameplay. An example of one thread that manages this is The Shadow War, which relates the invader/defender game to the TV program 'Babylon 5'.

lol you quoted that but this thread literally isn't any of those things!!! :p
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm

>No Balder controls both Europeia and LKE option

Animals.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Gibraltarica wrote:If you feel this is off-topic, feel free to report in Moderation instead of arguing with someone with years more GP experience than you about it, aggies.

I quoted the rules just because someone has years more time spent doesn't make them more qualified then me unless that person is a gameplay mod or mod in general (not the general thread) or forum mod. Nothing about the op resembled anything close to gameplay therefore I think it most likely goes to general.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Gibraltarica wrote:If you feel this is off-topic, feel free to report in Moderation instead of arguing with someone with years more GP experience than you about it, aggies.

I quoted the rules just because someone has years more time spent doesn't make them more qualified then me unless that person is a gameplay mod or mod in general (not the general thread) or forum mod. Nothing about the op resembled anything close to gameplay therefore I think it most likely goes to general.

This poll is 100% about gameplay! I am so confused haha
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Gibraltarica
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibraltarica » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:

Unfortunately for you, this is the internet, and your opinion means nothing unless you make a post in the right place.
Colloquially known as "Jinkies"
I’m a gal :)

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Mockery is a good way to evade the underlying point, which is that all of these regions (except The New Inquisition, lol) have formed an insurmountable bloc that is detrimental to gameplay. The gameplay world is dominated by this unbreakable independent-imperialist-raider axis, which is basically reducing gameplay to either going along with this bloc and trying to derive amusement from winning everything with no competition, or engaging in a futile effort to compete against this bloc because you would rather do that than win by default. It's sucked the air out of gameplay. Completely.

This bloc is now so confident that it doesn't even bother to engage in meaningful debate, discussion, etc. We're in a post-gameplay era of gameplay.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Mockery is a good way to evade the underlying point, which is that all of these regions (except The New Inquisition, lol) have formed an insurmountable bloc that is detrimental to gameplay. The gameplay world is dominated by this unbreakable independent-imperialist-raider axis, which is basically reducing gameplay to either going along with this bloc and trying to derive amusement from winning everything with no competition, or engaging in a futile effort to compete against this bloc because you would rather do that than win by default. It's sucked the air out of gameplay. Completely.

This bloc is now so confident that it doesn't even bother to engage in meaningful debate, discussion, etc. We're in a post-gameplay era of gameplay.

I didn't realize we were so powerful. Does this mean you'll be doing my bidding?
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby King HEM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Mockery is a good way to evade the underlying point, which is that all of these regions (except The New Inquisition, lol) have formed an insurmountable bloc that is detrimental to gameplay. The gameplay world is dominated by this unbreakable independent-imperialist-raider axis, which is basically reducing gameplay to either going along with this bloc and trying to derive amusement from winning everything with no competition, or engaging in a futile effort to compete against this bloc because you would rather do that than win by default. It's sucked the air out of gameplay. Completely.

I think this post got me drunk.

I literally don't know what to do with this...we aren't responding to arguments, but we are dominating the game. We are too successful, but have resorted to low-brow mockery?? It's really awkward because I don't think we're doing as well as you think we are, but I still feel compelled to be giving you a pep talk lmao? Get off the mat man, you can do it!

Honestly, I don't think we are achieving nearly as much as we could be. I really hope Europeia a year from now is even stronger than we are today. NS Gameplay faces a lot of changing times at the moment, and I hope we lead the charge in addressing those.
HEM

Founder of Europeia

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm

King HEM wrote:I think this post got me drunk.

HEM, you say this about everything. You must be hella lightweight. :p
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

Drexlore
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Drexlore » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm

All of them. At the same time. And GB&I are pulling the strings as well.

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 pm

I thought I would be edgy picking the TNI option, seems everyone else has the same idea.

What's actually happening in gameplay is that nothing interesting is actually happening so we're going for the lowest hanging fruit.

I do not believe the LKE/Euro/Balder/Moon Nazis have an insurmountable control bloc of NS, it's just nothing else it's going on and we happened to be involved in the one thing happening, Lazarus. (aside from Euro, y'all are guilty by association).

Frankly, it's not even that many people involved in the arguments. The members of each community defend themselves and Cormac and friends are the ones attaching. Just a whole lot of debate by the same people once nothing.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Aexnidaral wrote:The real truth here is that this is all a long term plot from the NS queer community to take over; distracting everyone with trivialities while we strike from the shadows.

Can confirm this is exactly what is happening.
J. Alexander Vytherov | they/them
Colonel of The Black Hawks, now retired

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 pm

King HEM wrote:
Consular wrote:It's all a UIAF plot.

I'm almost convinced of this!!!!

The United Imperial Armed Forces

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Ambrella wrote:

I didn't realize we were so powerful. Does this mean you'll be doing my bidding?

No. I'm in the "engaging in a futile effort to compete against this bloc" camp.

King HEM wrote:I literally don't know what to do with this...we aren't responding to arguments, but we are dominating the game. We are too successful, but have resorted to low-brow mockery?? It's really awkward because I don't think we're doing as well as you think we are, but I still feel compelled to be giving you a pep talk lmao? Get off the mat man, you can do it!

Honestly, I don't think we are achieving nearly as much as we could be. I really hope Europeia a year from now is even stronger than we are today. NS Gameplay faces a lot of changing times at the moment, and I hope we lead the charge in addressing those.

You're dominating the game, therefore you don't have to respond to arguments. You're so successful that you can engage in low-brow mockery of any criticism or debate, because there are no consequences for that kind of immature and empty response. When you have a bloc that acts in lockstep with each other in everything from piling each other's military operations to providing each other what now passes for "diplomatic" support to vote stacking each other's WA resolutions, there is absolutely no reason for you to engage with any criticism or debate. Why would you? It's not like the criticism or debate will make any impact, because when you control an insurmountable bloc, there's no impact to be made. You've won before you started.

You can pretend this isn't happening all you want, but we've all seen the sky high piles for military operations supported by your bloc, we've all seen the totally flippant response to the situation in Lazarus in contrast to the very different 2015 response to nearly identical circumstances, and we've all seen your bloc ram through WA resolutions that have no business passing and block WA resolutions that you oppose, without any debate beyond the massive "WALL" you've constructed around the World Assembly (which even extends beyond WALL's actual signatories).

What I can't understand is how this is anymore fun for participants in this bloc than it is for anyone else. Do you really derive that much amusement from winning by default, in all matters? I would find that dreadfully boring. I did find it dreadfully boring, in fact, when I was in Osiris.

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 pm

NationStates Administrator

Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay