NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdom of Great Britain | Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:19 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:Well then, I guess it's a good thing I'm a former admin of the region. They already have my info if they wanted it.

I wouldn't call that a good thing.

I don't see how that's so.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 am

People having your IP address really isn't that big of a deal.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Consular wrote:People having your IP address really isn't that big of a deal.

Unless you're tying to be a spy, then its bad.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 am

Consular wrote:People having your IP address really isn't that big of a deal.

There was some guy trying to ip farm so it's bad.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I've heard nothing back from my offer, so I'm assuming they were bluffing.

What a shock.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:00 pm

I genuinely don't understand why you guys are downplaying the obvious fact that a community with doxxing issues having your IP is a bad thing.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:07 pm

RiderSyl wrote:I genuinely don't understand why you guys are downplaying the obvious fact that a community with doxxing issues having your IP is a bad thing.

Don't feel bad Syl. Global idiocy has been on the rise for a long time, heh.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 pm

RiderSyl wrote:I genuinely don't understand why you guys are downplaying the obvious fact that a community with doxxing issues having your IP is a bad thing.

Well for me, it's because they would already have that info already if they looked. Nothing I can do about it, if it was used for nefarious means. Thus, it doesn't bother me in this context. I can't speak for the others and despite what I said, that doesn't mean I have to like it though. That make sense to you?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:36 pm

They would need a lot more than an IP address to doxx anyone.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Consular wrote:They would need a lot more than an IP address to doxx anyone.

They would have no problem getting the rest of the info they needed, judging by the reaction here.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

KhanterWinters
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KhanterWinters » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Isle of Rye wrote:What Don did is inexcusable, KoGB knows this, yes obviously those that were in 'power' back under his days have influence in the region still, what else would you expect? A purge of the entire royal family? That would just kill KoGB, the current King, Henry IX, has done wonders -- as have many politicians -- to make the region not Don's region. What I fail to see in your argument is the outcome of it, what do you hope to achieve?

No-one denies what Don did, one day was doing things that I saw as normal, the next day Badger and other friends quit KoGB, and then, about 1 week later Don, and Cephal gone (kicked), I literally had to ask around to know what was going on.
I Do respect Henry IX/John, I do clearly considerate him as friend, we had our differences, and most of time I am under crossfire, trying to not hurt him since I know that he is trying to do everything to clean KoGB image, took me (and hope you do not get mad John saying this here), but took me like 9 months to convince him to get rid the "Mountbatten" Legacy and change it to Stuart, a more-less fresh start, and even being out, because I quit them, I had a hard fight against Vac, and their actual PM "Rikki", but I still try to help, not because I care about the region, because I care about my friends, However I can not see what "wonders" you can see in the region, if the King is only Representative, with not actual power, everything must be approved by the Lords and Commons, and if he wants to remove a lord, needs the approval of the commons and Viceversa. That is not a wonder, that is a sentence to dead.

King Alexander wrote:I'd like to point out something here that some folks may not know, but about five months or so ago I offered(through an intermediary) Badger unrestricted access to the AdminCP so he could see for himself that Don and his shadow accounts had been banished, and that he was in fact not still hanging out on our previous forums. As far as I know he declined. I'm making that offer again, unrestricted access to both our old Zeta forums and our new Proboards, to Badger.

If you want to check IPs, search and make sure that Don isn't hiding somewhere, come on and do it. I'll be waiting. Send me a telegram here or a DM on Discord. I'd be happy to show you what plenty of people inside the Kingdom of Great Britain know to be the truth: that Don and Cephal Talleyrand, who were the chief architects of the plan, are gone, and have been since Don's abdication nearly a year ago.

I do not know if that worked, or if still there is difference between you both, but being honest and public, that must to end. However that is a good smart move to try to be transparent. I just hope that this offer if is taken does not cause you issues with your parliment monkeys.

King Alexander wrote:I have continued to admit my part in the Shadow War as a supporter of its aims at the time. I had been told through Don, a person at the time I trusted, things I later found out to be lies. I didn't want the throne when it was offered to me by Victor, but I accepted it because I love the community I have worked hard to build and continue to work hard towards building. In the months since, the Kingdom of Great Britain has continued to grow stronger every day. The region that exists today only shares the name Don gave it when he founded it nearly five years ago. The political system has changed, the government has changed. Everything that was Don's creation no longer exists. It changed through the will and the actions of its citizens, who for the first time in this region had the opportunity to make the community something different, and you'll find, if you would do any serious work or research, that it is different.

During a long time you did good John, I saw it, I lived that experience, I started to see changes, I do also tried to participate in that changes, but the problem is that you still holding users with the old customs, that do not want to change, that oppose everytime that others want to clean the name. And not saying you, because you persona, I mean you Region, you King. Thanks God, Vac is gone (even if his nation still there... someone must just give the kick of that nation) But still there is people like him. King Most recover his power and get again his advisors but not just people with thirst of power, people that would really care about the Region, Remember that we (others) can easily see changes. We do not need to do deep research mate. People talks.

RiderSyl wrote:I suggest that nobody take King Alex up on his offer of accessing the AdminCP of a community that has doxxed people in the past, since you'd have to trust them with your IP address.

Over all the people I genually hate, do not trust, and stuff, I just can vouch that Henry IX/John(Holder of King Alexander founder nation) that he is not about try anything wrong with people data.

Is not like people ignore your facts Syl, however, is not that easy to doxx someone. And not to offend no-one, but I highly doubt that KoGB peeps has the knowledge or capacity to do even a spam sending to someone, either then doxxing. You require a lot of knowledge and how I see the thing in US, they will not risk their freedom just to annoy someone or take a game revenge against someone, that would be a very dumb move, if peeps are scared about downloading by torrents, and you are worried about people just downplay facts of doxxing xD
"It is wise to follow proper channels of communication, but communication is a two lanes road. You evade it, and you will have a problem." ~ Khanter W. Molchaniye.

My Statements are under my own responsibility and without any official representation of the regions in which I belong.

Framed by a Browser Console and photoshop
Founder of The Empire of Aztlan

Roavin April/4/19 At 1:22 am
I CAN NEVER FIND MY F*****G SOCKS
Cormac June/4/19 12:11
We're talking about food in #neutral_ground, NS families in #military_gameplay, I'm uh not sure what in #security_council but not SC resolutions...
This server is anarchy! Anarchy I say!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay