NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdom of Great Britain | Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:13 am

Here's the reality of British Monarchy or Monarchy regions (UCRs only in this example), a lot of people use rl sounding names. Whether these names are based on actual historical figures like Monarchs, royal families, or common type of names in Victorian to present day.

Tim-Opolis would not be the usual fair, but Timothy Smith/Mountbatten/Stuart or something would be normal. If we think of normal regions as a PolSim instead of RP, these regions will PolSim, except Cosplay while doing it. It makes more sense to do so anyways as opposed to Spiritus. I would argue Mordor could do this in a sense. Since they're specifically thematic.

On to Families themselves. You can be a Montresor whatever in Spiritus, but that doesn't really matter. Being a Stuart that's Royal Family in a Monarchy region makes sense. Then you have other families, royal or not that exist there too. They get titles and all that blah blah. They're already sorto of playing a character. It fits the themes.

So all of this isn't unusual and neither is it particularly an OOC issue.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 am

Wabbitslayah wrote:Here's the reality of British Monarchy or Monarchy regions (UCRs only in this example), a lot of people use rl sounding names. Whether these names are based on actual historical figures like Monarchs, royal families, or common type of names in Victorian to present day.

Tim-Opolis would not be the usual fair, but Timothy Smith/Mountbatten/Stuart or something would be normal. If we think of normal regions as a PolSim instead of RP, these regions will PolSim, except Cosplay while doing it. It makes more sense to do so anyways as opposed to Spiritus. I would argue Mordor could do this in a sense. Since they're specifically thematic.

On to Families themselves. You can be a Montresor whatever in Spiritus, but that doesn't really matter. Being a Stuart that's Royal Family in a Monarchy region makes sense. Then you have other families, royal or not that exist there too. They get titles and all that blah blah. They're already sorto of playing a character. It fits the themes.

So all of this isn't unusual and neither is it particularly an OOC issue.

I mean, it has historically been incredibly problematic in KGB and has been used... manipulatively in the past, which is why it can be an OOC issue. The issue is when it's not treated as roleplay, which has happened quite a lot in KGB. If it was pure roleplay, then yeah, it would make some sense.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 am

Syberis wrote:I mean, it has historically been incredibly problematic in KGB and has been used... manipulatively in the past, which is why it can be an OOC issue. The issue is when it's not treated as roleplay, which has happened quite a lot in KGB. If it was pure roleplay, then yeah, it would make some sense.

Yeah, a lot of my skepticism comes from the fact that, in recent years, it seems that all the families that take it this seriously end up developing OOC issues from the whole affair. KGB, in particular, really epitomizes this.

Also, British regions are bland af.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 am

Tim Stark wrote:
Syberis wrote:I mean, it has historically been incredibly problematic in KGB and has been used... manipulatively in the past, which is why it can be an OOC issue. The issue is when it's not treated as roleplay, which has happened quite a lot in KGB. If it was pure roleplay, then yeah, it would make some sense.

Yeah, a lot of my skepticism comes from the fact that, in recent years, it seems that all the families that take it this seriously end up developing OOC issues from the whole affair. KGB, in particular, really epitomizes this.

I'd say it's more the community that makes a region interesting, rather than its theme. I dare say a lot of very new players have had really interesting ideas for regions, but they've been so niche that very few people took interest in them and so the communities died. Regions which just raid, regions which just defend and regions that just rp will always have a pool of potentially-interested new recruits, and so the community in those regions flourishes despite the idea for such a region being farely bland. The same is true for regions based on a generic idea, like Britain and its traditional nobility, and in the past (though less so atm) popular book/film series.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Tim Stark wrote:Yeah, a lot of my skepticism comes from the fact that, in recent years, it seems that all the families that take it this seriously end up developing OOC issues from the whole affair. KGB, in particular, really epitomizes this.

I'd say it's more the community that makes a region interesting, rather than its theme. I dare say a lot of very new players have had really interesting ideas for regions, but they've been so niche that very few people took interest in them and so the communities died. Regions which just raid, regions which just defend and regions that just rp will always have a pool of potentially-interested new recruits, and so the community in those regions flourishes despite the idea for such a region being farely bland. The same is true for regions based on a generic idea, like Britain and its traditional nobility, and in the past (though less so atm) popular book/film series.

That doesn't address any of the concerns we posted. Are you c/ping from a script or something? What we're saying is that KGB has had some serious issues with manipulation via OOC means that would mean that I would absolutely advise people stay away from it. You're defending them by ignoring the argument entirely.
An even stranger war

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Syberis wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'd say it's more the community that makes a region interesting, rather than its theme. I dare say a lot of very new players have had really interesting ideas for regions, but they've been so niche that very few people took interest in them and so the communities died. Regions which just raid, regions which just defend and regions that just rp will always have a pool of potentially-interested new recruits, and so the community in those regions flourishes despite the idea for such a region being farely bland. The same is true for regions based on a generic idea, like Britain and its traditional nobility, and in the past (though less so atm) popular book/film series.

That doesn't address any of the concerns we posted. Are you c/ping from a script or something? What we're saying is that KGB has had some serious issues with manipulation via OOC means that would mean that I would absolutely advise people stay away from it. You're defending them by ignoring the argument entirely.

I'm honesly not defending them at all, I only joined recently and I'm not a senior member. I'm not the best person to talk to about KoGB history.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Wentshire
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wentshire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Syberis wrote:How are these related to the individuals who declared a shadow war on Osiris and Euro?

Just so that I can update my own documentation.

Neither of us were even present in the region or on the game at the time
His Highness, Edward Somerset, the Viscount Beauchamp, KCB KCMG OM AK ISO

World Assembly Delegate of the Kingdom of Great Britain
Former
Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Foreign Secretary
Speaker of the House of Commons
Member of Parliament for Ireland
Member of Parliament for France

Kingdom of Great Britain

Discord: @brandoff1#7195

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:17 am

Can I just say I hate 100% of KGB's graphics work.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:21 am

Wentshire wrote:
Syberis wrote:How are these related to the individuals who declared a shadow war on Osiris and Euro?

Just so that I can update my own documentation.

Neither of us were even present in the region or on the game at the time

Yes, but how do your associations overlap with those individuals who decided that backing Don on his little crusade against those who busted his OOC behavior was worth their reputations? :P
Last edited by Syberis on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
An even stranger war

Isle of Rye
Civilian

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Rye » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Syberis wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'd say it's more the community that makes a region interesting, rather than its theme. I dare say a lot of very new players have had really interesting ideas for regions, but they've been so niche that very few people took interest in them and so the communities died. Regions which just raid, regions which just defend and regions that just rp will always have a pool of potentially-interested new recruits, and so the community in those regions flourishes despite the idea for such a region being farely bland. The same is true for regions based on a generic idea, like Britain and its traditional nobility, and in the past (though less so atm) popular book/film series.

What Don did is inexcusable, KoGB knows this, yes obviously those that were in 'power' back under his days have influence in the region still, what else would you expect? A purge of the entire royal family? That would just kill KoGB, the current King, Henry IX, has done wonders -- as have many politicians -- to make the region not Don's region. What I fail to see in your argument is the outcome of it, what do you hope to achieve?
Last edited by Isle of Rye on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Isle of Rye wrote:what else would you expect? A purge of the entire royal family? That would just kill KoGB

*shrugs* works for me

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Consular wrote:
Isle of Rye wrote:what else would you expect? A purge of the entire royal family? That would just kill KoGB

*shrugs* works for me

An absolutely disgusting point of view to hold.

Just kill off every community we don't like, right? KoGB has had a terrible history, yes, no one who pays attention to NSGP is going to deny that. But wanting a community to just die off instead of redeeming and improving itself is an absolutely disgusting point of view to hold.

I like seeing improvement in KoGB and hope you guys can keep improving your community.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Salvarity wrote:But wanting a community to just die off instead of redeeming and improving itself is an absolutely disgusting point of view to hold.

If its any consolation, no one listens to Consular so don't pay attention to him. He's only looking to get a rise out of you.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Salvarity wrote:
Consular wrote:*shrugs* works for me

Just kill off every community we don't like, right? KoGB has had a terrible history, yes, no one who pays attention to NSGP is going to deny that. But wanting a community to just die off instead of redeeming and improving itself is an absolutely disgusting point of view to hold.

I like seeing improvement in KoGB and hope you guys can keep improving your community.

I think they way the LKE invades and griefs innocent regions is pretty disgusting tbh.

You don't get to waltz on in here on some high horse when killing off communities, that exact thing you're throwing a silly tantrum over right now, is a celebrated activity in your garbage pile of a region.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Isle of Rye wrote:
Syberis wrote:

What Don did is inexcusable, KoGB knows this, yes obviously those that were in 'power' back under his days have influence in the region still, what else would you expect? A purge of the entire royal family? That would just kill KoGB, the current King, Henry IX, has done wonders -- as have many politicians -- to make the region not Don's region. What I fail to see in your argument is the outcome of it, what do you hope to achieve?

The permanent and irrevocable removal of the following individuals connected to Don's Curia Regis, and a public announcement of their removal in disgrace. Even if these people leave or have already left on their own, punitive measures should be levied after the fact:

Charles Lancaster
Victor Lancaster
Arthur Pendragon
Owen Bonaparte
Cornelius Talleyrand
Whatever you guys called Vac.

Due to their complicit behavior in the actions of King George Mountbatten VI, including planning and discussion of retaliatory actions against regions which housed players who exposed Don's behavior.

Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members.

Once these demands are met, I might consider that KoGB potentially is worth saving.
Last edited by Syberis on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An even stranger war

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 am

Syberis wrote:
Isle of Rye wrote:

The permanent and irrevocable removal of the following individuals connected to Don's Curia Regis, and a public announcement of their removal in disgrace. Even if these people leave or have already left on their own, punitive measures should be levied after the fact:

Charles Lancaster
Victor Lancaster
Arthur Pendragon
Owen Bonaparte
Cornelius Talleyrand
Whatever you guys called Vac.

Due to their complicit behavior in the actions of King George Mountbatten VI, including planning and discussion of retaliatory actions against regions which housed players who exposed Don's behavior.

Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members.

Once these demands are met, I might consider that KoGB potentially is worth saving.

You who have had little or no role in KoGB believe you can come in and demand ownership of the founder nation?
Who in their right mind would agree to this?

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:43 am

Consular wrote:
Salvarity wrote:

I think they way the LKE invades and griefs innocent regions is pretty disgusting tbh.

You don't get to waltz on in here on some high horse when killing off communities, that exact thing you're throwing a silly tantrum over right now, is a celebrated activity in your garbage pile of a region.

Grade A deflection attempt. But this isn't about the LKE or Albion or wherever.

We could go over semantics about how inactive founderless regions are barely communities, but we don't need to because in my seven years on NationStates; I have never participated in a region destruction/refounding operation. I kinda wish I wasn't making my case in defense of KoGB, but this vindictive dogpile is disgusting to watch.

Syberis wrote:Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members.

Jesus fucking Christ. Was that supposed to be a joke or something?

That is just such a beyond stupid request. But of course, that's the point. Set up an impossible standard, then just keep shit talking when no one (rightfully) steps up to that standard.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:10 am

Salvarity wrote:
Consular wrote:I think they way the LKE invades and griefs innocent regions is pretty disgusting tbh.

We could go over semantics about how inactive founderless regions are barely communities, but we don't need to because in my seven years on NationStates; I have never participated in a region destruction/refounding operation. I kinda wish I wasn't making my case in defense of KoGB, but this vindictive dogpile is disgusting to watch.

Syberis wrote:Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members.

That is just such a beyond stupid request. But of course, that's the point. Set up an impossible standard, then just keep shit talking when no one (rightfully) steps up to that standard.

If you were the least bit aware of Don's actions and behavior, the confirmation that he wouldn't sneak back in would be absolutely critical, wouldn't you think? I cannot trust a single member of that government to keep Don out, as it's been long established and confirmed by KoGB in the past that he maintained ghost accounts. For all we know, one of the boys climbing up the ranks is Don in disguise again. I do not trust that region to self-report, because of their history.

I suppose I'd be willing to negotiate that last bit if the removal of everyone else who enabled Don's behavior occurs and there's a consistent effort. :P
An even stranger war

Salvarity
Senator

Postby Salvarity » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:30 am

Syberis wrote:
Salvarity wrote:

If you were the least bit aware of Don's actions and behavior, the confirmation that he wouldn't sneak back in would be absolutely critical, wouldn't you think?

Don't patronize me, I've played this game long enough, and am more than familiar with who Don is, what he has done, and what he is capable of. I completely agree that he has no place in the game, but your patronizing is not appreciated

I cannot trust a single member of that government to keep Don out, as it's been long established and confirmed by KoGB in the past that he maintained ghost accounts. For all we know, one of the boys climbing up the ranks is Don in disguise again. I do not trust that region to self-report, because of their history.

I suppose I'd be willing to negotiate that last bit if the removal of everyone else who enabled Don's behavior occurs and there's a consistent effort. :P

Frankly you not trusting them is your own problem, that does not give you the right to play big brother. You and I both know that the out sourcing of administrative/real control will only kill the community; but that is your end goal.

Marquess of Winchester

Baron of Nassau

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 am

Syberis wrote:Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members..

And to ensure you play fair you can give me control of your main for the duration you hold that founder.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Syberis wrote:Oh, and as I've told John, to make certain Don cannot return, I have requested one last tool to make sure the region remains free of his influence; The founder nation, under my singular and distant ownership. I will not interfere with the region or it's behavior except to enforce good-faith practices and proper OOC behavior of its members..

And to ensure you play fair you can give me control of your main for the duration you hold that founder.

Ah yes, the false equivalency. I forgot that OOC terrible players have historically had access to my main and have had secret access to my main during false retirements before. :P
Last edited by Syberis on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
An even stranger war

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:42 am

Syberis wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:And to ensure you play fair you can give me control of your main for the duration you hold that founder.

Ah yes, the false equivalency. I forgot that OOC terrible players have historically had access to my main and have had secret access to my main during false retirements before. :P

Would you like to provide us with your proof that Don is accessing the KoGB founder?
Last edited by Greater vakolicci haven on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Several of us and our regions were threatened with pornspam, being doxxed, and worse by Don. These wounds are not going to heal soon and trusting regional leadership that strongly supported Don is not a thing that is going to happen anytime soon.

Some of us are hostile towards KGB and will continue to be because of it. Until there is tangible satisfaction that he out taking people's word for it who were party to malfeasance is not a thing!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

King Alexander
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 17, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby King Alexander » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:54 pm

I'd like to point out something here that some folks may not know, but about five months or so ago I offered(through an intermediary) Badger unrestricted access to the AdminCP so he could see for himself that Don and his shadow accounts had been banished, and that he was in fact not still hanging out on our previous forums. As far as I know he declined. I'm making that offer again, unrestricted access to both our old Zeta forums and our new Proboards, to Badger.

If you want to check IPs, search and make sure that Don isn't hiding somewhere, come on and do it. I'll be waiting. Send me a telegram here or a DM on Discord. I'd be happy to show you what plenty of people inside the Kingdom of Great Britain know to be the truth: that Don and Cephal Talleyrand, who were the chief architects of the plan, are gone, and have been since Don's abdication nearly a year ago.

I have continued to admit my part in the Shadow War as a supporter of its aims at the time. I had been told through Don, a person at the time I trusted, things I later found out to be lies. I didn't want the throne when it was offered to me by Victor, but I accepted it because I love the community I have worked hard to build and continue to work hard towards building. In the months since, the Kingdom of Great Britain has continued to grow stronger every day. The region that exists today only shares the name Don gave it when he founded it nearly five years ago. The political system has changed, the government has changed. Everything that was Don's creation no longer exists. It changed through the will and the actions of its citizens, who for the first time in this region had the opportunity to make the community something different, and you'll find, if you would do any serious work or research, that it is different.
His Royal Britannic Majesty
King Henry John Arthur Stuart-Mountbatten IX
By the Grace of God and Parliament, King of The Kingdom of Great Britain

WE CAN NOT BE CONFUSE

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:13 pm

I suggest that nobody take King Alex up on his offer of accessing the AdminCP of a community that has doxxed people in the past, since you'd have to trust them with your IP address.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay