NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdom of Great Britain | Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ric Sagnant
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ric Sagnant » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 am

Deladara wrote:Khanter, I really feel like you should give these a read https://imgur.com/a/MZm7P

It may surprise you to know that your all new and benevolent King was part of these negotiations. I will not forgive someone for being weak. I stuck my neck out for people in the Commons on multiple occasions until I finally got fed up and left. Victor could have easily done the same, but didn't. He didn't do it because all he cared about was a title, he didn't and doesn't give a rats ass about anyone in the region. The screenshots I've provided only prove that the entirety of the curia was full of puppets to do Don's bidding.

I did the Read, now, and before. I was about to leave to, but I didn't. And unless Don come back from Ashes, I won't (Since I personally I dont wan't nothing with that guy.) You read my post of leaving. I am not regret of my words to the Prince Royal, or to William V. I will not say further Jay, I respect you. But should be clear my point. If others want to say that is not an apology, well, then I need the Oxford Dictionary Meaning of "Apology" in English. You left under your conviction, its okay, no-one is saying other wise.
Now the rest depends on those who remain inside with the commitment to try to reform the region. But one thing is very certain, Errare Humanum Est.
We are not going to force anyone to give a forgiveness.

I wish that this was in my hand to solve the crap of others. But it is not. But for those who know me, I give second chances both in life and in a game. And what if it is in my hands is to stand here with my head held high and try to defend as little as I can. Read the signature that I have for the forum, without Fear, and without doubt, I am here. And my only condition to still be here is not accept the cancer come back, for me the Main Cancer is Don, and I dont blame him for all, The Prince Royal needs to put his effort to recover my Trust, at the same time The King William V, Although I am aware that many of the people I Care and Love, at this point or in this section, do not agree with me.

I just hope they know that although I am showing loyalty to this region, I also owe them respect and loyalty. Since this is a break point. Julius Caesar said it when he arrived in Gaul:

Alea Iacta Est

This is not a final post for me, keep in mind that here I will be on a diplomatic foot even if I am not an official emissary. That's the difference between everyone and me. In the same way that if I notice that you are attacked, I will be by your side, or if Souls is, there I will be even if it does not belong to his Organization. Or if Altino or any of the people I care about.
======

:p I know Souls. I know.
Khanter W. Molchaniye
Framed by a Browser Console.

Winterain
Civilian

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Winterain » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 am

Altino wrote:I'm seeing a lot of condemning Don and a lot of apologizing on behalf of the new PNG members of your group - namely Cephal and Don - but I think anyone who read those logs can see that you were all in agreement there, applauding wildly. You're calling Don a creep for the things he's done now, but look at you in those logs. You were eating it up. You loved it.

The fact of the matter is Don has now been "banned" from KGB simply to save face. The chances that he isn't already back in the region under another persona are very slim. How many secret voting accounts does he have set up as citizens on the forum now so that he can swing votes in his favor when just telling the Curia/family how to vote isn't enough? Something like 7? Can't wait to see when they start becoming active and loyal citizens of the region out of nowhere. And I heard that Kaston came back, too, with a completely new nation. What surprise, given his last outgoing statements on the region.

This all continues to be very sketchy business. Don is banned to try to restore your image. Cephal is banned because he asked to be the scapegoat and decided to use fascism to achieve your region's goals. JJ is banned for being the only member of your Curia to abide by the treaties that your region holds and give your allies evidence of certain dangers against them. Vac is banned after honestly doing nothing wrong in reaction to the insistence of other regions that Don entirely made up. Now that it's been revealed that no one was calling for Vac's removal, he continues to be "banned," even while openly supporting and defending KGB, another attempt to save face. If you don't feel that Don's claims were true, you're still just using Vac for your own purposes as if he were a tool and not a person. If you do feel that Don's claims were true and his being banned is the only way to keep Euro, TBH, and TRE from uniting and blacklisting you, then these apologies mean absolutely nothing and you're still in Don's pocket. If Vac has agreed to remain banned for a certain amount of time until things blow over, then his banishment is just a sham to try to make us believe that something has changed when it hasn't.

These attempts to push off blame and use people to cover your own tail is business as usual in KGB. Evidently with or without Don, this is your MO. Accept responsibility for what you did, don't simply push off blame and excuse yourselves. No amount of diplomatic speeches will be able to hide what the logs released clearly tell us. None of you are any less guilty than Cephal or Vac or Don, and they've been banned from the region entirely. Thinking that we will all just forget your involvement and go back to hugs and kisses with KGB when you're still clearly just playing the same old game is madness.

From what I know, they've had what, 3 or 4 former Prime Ministers and several other former high ranking royals whistleblow on the corruption from the elite of the region? Seems toxic to me... business as usual with the leaks from the top. Question is whether or not they'll seriously change this time.

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:10 pm

For the record, re: Kaston's return. He sent me a text message around six hours after the NSGP post with the leaked logs that started it all asking what was going on. I explained to him the situation, and mentioned that if he wished to return to the region he would be welcomed back with open arms most likely. He asked me to do what I could, and after conversations with His Majesty and the Prince of Wales, it was decided he would be allowed to return.

Furthermore, regarding Don's ghost accounts, I'm in the process of banning them all. I can provide evidence in the form of pictures if that'd make you happy.

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Altino wrote:... Vac is banned after honestly doing nothing wrong in reaction to the insistence of other regions that Don entirely made up. Now that it's been revealed that no one was calling for Vac's removal, he continues to be "banned," even while openly supporting and defending KGB, another attempt to save face. If you don't feel that Don's claims were true, you're still just using Vac for your own purposes as if he were a tool and not a person. If you do feel that Don's claims were true and his being banned is the only way to keep Euro, TBH, and TRE from uniting and blacklisting you, then these apologies mean absolutely nothing and you're still in Don's pocket. If Vac has agreed to remain banned for a certain amount of time until things blow over, then his banishment is just a sham to try to make us believe that something has changed when it hasn't.

I cannot agree more. Just so everyone knows I have not agreed to remain banned for a certain amount of time and am not entirely sure as to why they keep the ban in place.

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Today We were notified by Our beloved brother William V of his intention to abdicate in favor of Us, citing Our experience and dedication to the region. He remains beloved to Us, and will remain Our dearest friend forever. We thank him for his long service to Our Realm, and wish only that he might have stayed a little longer.

On to business. His Royal Highness Charles, Prince of Wales, will remain in his position should he wish to. We hope that he remains as he has Our complete and total trust and always will. Over the next days and weeks, there will be many changes made to the Monarchy, not least of which the upcoming constitutional convention. Prince Charles will succeed me in my former position as Lord High Chancellor, and shall lead the Joint Session with excellence.

We have chosen to take the regnal name Henry IX, and will soon issue proclamations regarding Royal Styles. Suffice it to say that many changes will be made regarding the Royal Family and introducing humility is one of them.

Finally, I wish to issue a full and frank apology to Europeia, The West Pacific, and Osiris. Previous monarchs have wronged you, I personally have wronged you, and do endeavor to make things well again. I realize that this shall take time and effort on my part and I shall not shy away from putting in the work that must be done to repair relations. A more detailed statement regarding this will be issued in coming days.

Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Henry IX

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:Finally, I wish to issue a full and frank apology to Europeia, The West Pacific, and Osiris. Previous monarchs have wronged you, I personally have wronged you, and do endeavor to make things well again. I realize that this shall take time and effort on my part and I shall not shy away from putting in the work that must be done to repair relations. A more detailed statement regarding this will be issued in coming days.

Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Henry IX

I think you forgot someone in your apology.
Last edited by Neo Kervoskia on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:08 pm

I previously apologized completely and totally to Brunhilde here. I have not heard from her personally, and do not expect to, but I do state again that I am sincerely sorry for the slur I used against her.

Edit: word choice
Last edited by Wesstmoorland on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:I previously apologized completely and totally to Brunhilde here. I have not heard from her personally, and do not expect to, but I do state again that I am sincerely sorry for the slur I used against her.

Edit: word choice

The slur is the least of the insult.
The Great Satan

- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

There will be a formal apology to all the regions offended soon. I've only just now become king. Please give me time to sort through everything. In the meantime, enjoy this rather excellent song.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:There will be a formal apology to all the regions offended soon. I've only just now become king. Please give me time to sort through everything. In the meantime, enjoy this rather excellent song.

Yes, such as pardoning Vac as your very first act as monarch of a region who's credibility and reputation you desperately hope to rebuild.
Last edited by Neo Kervoskia on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Satan

- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Formal Statement of Apology to Europeia, The West Pacific, and others:

After reading the responses and hearing the concerns of those who question the conviction and truthfulness of the apology issued earlier this week, it has been decided to issue a more comprehensive and full-bodied apology so that we might make clear our future intentions.

We, Henry IX, King of Great Britain issue direct apologies to The West Pacific, Europeia, and Osiris for the previous plans of our father George, and our brother Cornelius(Cephal) Talleyrand. They were actions bred out of conceit and paranoia rather than reality. There are zero plans to continue with the war plans as developed by Cephal Talleyrand and our late father. We desire only to make amends for the mistakes of the past, and will dedicate ourselves to making this right.

Our former father and later our brother, George and William respectively, have surrendered formally the ownership of the Discord Server, the Root Forum Account, and the Founder Nation. The passwords on the last two have been changed, and he has been made a persona non grata in the region and subjected to banishment. George is forever gone from the Kingdom of Great Britain and will never be allowed to return. William, I am less sure of, but I feel that he shall never return to NationStates.

Furthermore, to those who have criticized the authoritarian and autocratic system which has governed the Kingdom of Great Britain from its founding to present, this too will change. Repeatedly in the past few days calls have been made for a constitutional convention. Through discussion with the elected leadership in the House of Commons, and the appointed leadership of the House of Lords, an agreement has been finalized for a Joint Session of Parliament to author a new constitution for the Kingdom of Great Britain.

It is our desire, and the desire of our citizens who have remained despite struggle, bring our region into a new era. One of greater equality, of less shadowy dealings, and one in which the Kingdom of Great Britain stands for everyone, not just the privileged elite.

I sign this as an act of goodwill, and in the hopes that it will be taken as it is meant: in good faith.

Henry IX

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:We, Henry IX, King of Great Britain issue direct apologies to The West Pacific, Europeia, and Osiris for the previous plans of our father George, and our brother Cornelius(Cephal) Talleyrand. They were actions bred out of conceit and paranoia rather than reality. There are zero plans to continue with the war plans as developed by Cephal Talleyrand and our late father. We desire only to make amends for the mistakes of the past, and will dedicate ourselves to making this right.

Henry IX

Last edited by Neo Kervoskia on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Satan

- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor

Ric Sagnant
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ric Sagnant » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Neo Kervoskia wrote:
Wesstmoorland wrote:There will be a formal apology to all the regions offended soon. I've only just now become king. Please give me time to sort through everything. In the meantime, enjoy this rather excellent song.

Yes, such as pardoning Vac as your very first act as monarch of a region who's credibility and reputation you desperately hope to rebuild.

Who understands you? I do not, If because Vac was banned, bad, if because Vac was forgiven Worse. I think that Vac deserves at least a few weeks of proof and that his name is less mentioned. In this section, Vac has shown, at least to us it was worth and Friend, and he did not know that he would be forgiven.
Khanter W. Molchaniye
Framed by a Browser Console.

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 pm

I admit my own wrongdoing. It was wrong of me to support the war. It was wrong of me to enable Don and believe the lies that we were told about our allies, and it was wrong of me not to see it for what it was. I am still sorry. I will continue to be sorry. I will do whatever I can to make right the wrongs that have been done against Europeia, The West Pacific, and Osiris. I realize that none of you know me, and none of you have cause to believe a word that I say, and I don't expect everyone here to accept immediately any apology that I make. I will however, continue on. I will continue working and continue to endeavor to make good what I have said previously. I have a lot of work cut out for me here, but I am also more than willing to do whatever it is that I must.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote: I realize that none of you know me, and none of you have cause to believe a word that I say, and I don't expect everyone here to accept immediately any apology that I make..

Don't be so modest.

After reading the logs I feel like I've known you for years.
The Great Satan

- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Ric Sagnant wrote:Who understands you? I do not, If because Vac was banned, bad, if because Vac was forgiven Worse. I think that Vac deserves at least a few weeks of proof and that his name is less mentioned. In this section, Vac has shown, at least to us it was worth and Friend, and he did not know that he would be forgiven.

>The original ban = Good
>The pardon for the original ban = Bad
>The idea that TWP, Osiris, TBH, Euro, and TRE were going to fight KGB over the appeal = Very Bad
>The ban that originated because of that belief = Bad
>The plans for war = Very Bad
>The pardon for the second ban = Bad because the original ban was good
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:
Ric Sagnant wrote:Who understands you? I do not, If because Vac was banned, bad, if because Vac was forgiven Worse. I think that Vac deserves at least a few weeks of proof and that his name is less mentioned. In this section, Vac has shown, at least to us it was worth and Friend, and he did not know that he would be forgiven.

>The original ban = Good
>The pardon for the original ban = Bad
>The idea that TWP, Osiris, TBH, Euro, and TRE were going to fight KGB over the appeal = Very Bad
>The ban that originated because of that belief = Bad
>The plans for war = Very Bad
>The pardon for the second ban = Bad because the original ban was good

Doesn't quite hold water since KoGB was getting dogged on for the second ban. But whatever, I'm to tired for this. Say what you people will, I'm done running in circles with you folks.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Just noting that TBH and TRE *still* haven't been apologized to by name for the accusation that we were somehow plotting against KGB behind their backs while working alongside them to their face.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Wesstmoorland
Lobbyist

Postby Wesstmoorland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Souls,

I'm sorry I neglected to apologize to you and to TRE. I had planned to release a whole separate statement apologizing to TRE and TBH for this, but I just haven't written it yet. I'd like to again say that I'm sorry for the plans involving TRE and TBH. I don't know you personally, and you don't know me at all I suspect, but I am sorry, and I do desire to make amends. If you'd like to DM me on Discord or TG me here, please feel free and we can talk more in depth later.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:Souls,

I'm sorry I neglected to apologize to you and to TRE. I had planned to release a whole separate statement apologizing to TRE and TBH for this, but I just haven't written it yet. I'd like to again say that I'm sorry for the plans involving TRE and TBH. I don't know you personally, and you don't know me at all I suspect, but I am sorry, and I do desire to make amends. If you'd like to DM me on Discord or TG me here, please feel free and we can talk more in depth later.

It'd just have been nice to include your long-running military allies somewhere in the first few formal statements, y'know?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Neenee
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neenee » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Wesstmoorland wrote:Souls,

May have been a decent idea to apologize to everyone all at once in one statement, and note that individual apologies would be coming along. Instead of looking a bit inept or forgetful or something like that. Take it as a suggestion for next time, I suppose.
Glittery Cookie Queen
Neenee
Minineenee
Lady Phedre
Melisande Rahl, House Rahl

"I am a mental virus." -- Evil Wolf

Rigels Light
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2016

Postby Rigels Light » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 pm

It's a sad moment when you realize that there will be a next time in KoGB's future.

In other news, I'm taking bets on how long this king lasts, hot money is on 48 hours.
Rigel Asteorra
Hasal Pharaoh of Osiris
Matriarch of Asteorra Fam

"Look at the Stars. Look how they shine and junk"

Altino
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Altino » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Just noting that TBH and TRE *still* haven't been apologized to by name for the accusation that we were somehow plotting against KGB behind their backs while working alongside them to their face.

Two monarchs later, TBH/TRE finally get their apologies. Poor Souls. </3
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes.☮

King Avalon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby King Avalon » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 pm

You lot can keep apologising all you like, but as a word of advice, I am not convinced that the rest of NS will find such apologies and supposed efforts credible, especially given the victim-blaming and the last remarks of Krim. Not until all of those that were in those logs are out of power, including yourself, old friend (and I really do hate to say that to you, John). Don caused this mess and tainted all of you with it, to leave you to try to clean it up. The remedy was not to issue a pardon (sorry Vac), but rather to find someone who is competent enough to lead the region and wasn't involved with the plans discussed.

Rigels Light
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2016

Postby Rigels Light » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:03 pm

King Avalon wrote:You lot can keep apologising all you like, but as a word of advice, I am not convinced that the rest of NS will find such apologies and supposed efforts credible, especially given the victim-blaming and the last remarks of Krim. Not until all of those that were in those logs are out of power, including yourself, old friend (and I really do hate to say that to you, John). Don caused this mess and tainted all of you with it, to leave you to try to clean it up. The remedy was not to issue a pardon (sorry Vac), but rather to find someone who is competent enough to lead the region and wasn't involved with the plans discussed.

But that won't happen. Because when Don comes back (When, not If) he's gonna want to be king again, and a Monarch that wasn't under his thumb won't work for that.
Rigel Asteorra
Hasal Pharaoh of Osiris
Matriarch of Asteorra Fam

"Look at the Stars. Look how they shine and junk"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay