NATION

PASSWORD

The Enadian Herald

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sat May 09, 2020 7:19 am

God-King Rorschach wrote:there's a whole technical department who work constantly on the background.

It's alright to admit failure here, Lat. But now you're telling me that Enadia has a technical department that is working constantly to check these sorts of things out? Clearly there was an oversight failure here. With, as you say, constant oversight it should not have been acceptable to expect a new player to purchase upwards of $117 in telegram stamps for a telegram only intended for WA nations in the feeders. With such constant oversight a typo in the address box should have been made amply clear. This is clearly a failure of the technical department of Enadia as this new player was not given adequate guidance. This entire fiasco comes off as Enadia using a new and impressionable player to skirt the Arnhelm rules to mass recruit.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sat May 09, 2020 11:46 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:
God-King Rorschach wrote:there's a whole technical department who work constantly on the background.

It's alright to admit failure here, Lat. But now you're telling me that Enadia has a technical department that is working constantly to check these sorts of things out? Clearly there was an oversight failure here. With, as you say, constant oversight it should not have been acceptable to expect a new player to purchase upwards of $117 in telegram stamps for a telegram only intended for WA nations in the feeders. With such constant oversight a typo in the address box should have been made amply clear. This is clearly a failure of the technical department of Enadia as this new player was not given adequate guidance. This entire fiasco comes off as Enadia using a new and impressionable player to skirt the Arnhelm rules to mass recruit.

Either Enadia didn't give oversight to a new player which allowed them to accidentally spend way more money than intended, Enadia deliberately used the new player to skirt the rules, or Enadia sets the expectation that anyone wishing to engage in recruitment, new or old, should spend real money for the sake of Glorious Enadia. All of those options are shit.

I'd help with a TG campaign informing new Enadians of the shitty behavior engaged in by the region that puts them in financial risk.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Sat May 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Syberis wrote:

Either Enadia didn't give oversight to a new player which allowed them to accidentally spend way more money than intended, Enadia deliberately used the new player to skirt the rules, or Enadia sets the expectation that anyone wishing to engage in recruitment, new or old, should spend real money for the sake of Glorious Enadia. All of those options are shit.

I'd help with a TG campaign informing new Enadians of the shitty behavior engaged in by the region that puts them in financial risk.

And none of those options is the correct one.
Main Nation Latrovia || Proud Member of Enadia
- Enadianly Yours -

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sat May 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Please tell us what happened latrovia...
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sat May 09, 2020 9:56 pm

God-King Rorschach wrote:
Syberis wrote:

*visible confusion*

So... What happened? Please enlighten us, Latrovia.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Sun May 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Syberis wrote:

But, those options cover what you guys are saying happened and what everyone knows actually happened, unless your going to change your reasons again Harry, so, what is it then?
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Wymondham wrote:

But, those options cover what you guys are saying happened and what everyone knows actually happened, unless your going to change your reasons again Harry, so, what is it then?

My theory is that there was no new member involved and this was someones puppet. The guy sounds a lot like Harry, so I suspect it's Harry, URE or Harry's brother occasionally shows up.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Wymondham wrote:But, those options cover what you guys are saying happened and what everyone knows actually happened, unless your going to change your reasons again Harry, so, what is it then?

My theory is that there was no new member involved and this was someones puppet. The guy sounds a lot like Harry, so I suspect it's Harry, URE or Harry's brother occasionally shows up.

This would be the funniest and saddest option, but at least wouldn't involve shitty behavior towards an actually existent new player.
An even stranger war

Comlogical
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Comlogical » Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 am

LMFAO can't believe I'm witnessing Enadia having issues with their recruitment ethics (again). Y'all peeps never learn, do you? The team that manages TGs should fix the tags in the telegram, otherwise that would be dollars down the drain.
Comlogical (genpasaporte#4975)

Minister of Defense of the Union of Democratic States | UDSAF Commander | RP Mediator of the UDS RP Ministry | Citizen of the South Pacific
Anything I say does not represent the views of the UDS as a whole.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 11, 2020 5:49 am

Syberis wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:My theory is that there was no new member involved and this was someones puppet. The guy sounds a lot like Harry, so I suspect it's Harry, URE or Harry's brother occasionally shows up.

This would be the funniest and saddest option, but at least wouldn't involve shitty behavior towards an actually existent new player.

The guy knew I wrote the recruitment tg. It appears unlikely that Harry would decide to inform his new recruiter that there was a former president currently residing in trr who wrote the recruitment message, it seems like very strange information to share.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Enadia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Newsletter (21/05/2020)

Postby Enadia » Thu May 21, 2020 4:30 am

The Enadian Newsletter - Issue 6
By Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington

House of Commons business

The last House session focused on statements and procedural business to begin to shape the future of the region. A new member of Parliament Helvetiorus took their oath of office as the latest MP. The government welcomed Helvetiorus to the elected benches and the oath of office ceremony should hopefully show the citizens of Enadia what's possible within the region. Further to that, the Foreign Affairs Minister Aexodius delivered a statement regarding the government's intention to continue a positive outreach to other regions and hoping to build up Enadia's reputation, dispelling some of the mistruths spoken on RMBs across NationStates and elsewhere. Citizens who have been in Enadia know how friendly the community is and, with new arrivals continuing to enter the region after the stellar recruitment effort, this legacy will hopefully continue. Other than that, the rest of House business consisted of updates on the progress of the roleplay and future efforts to consolidate Enadia's standing. The session is on YouTube for your personal viewing.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY8BjeO ... e=youtu.be).

Technical updates

The technical team continues to work hard to welcome new citizens to the region and new banners have been given to all forum members. This is part of an ongoing effort to ensure Enadia has recognisable and staple characteristics that could come to underpin the region as it ventures into a future independent of multi-regional organisations like the Assembly of Regions. Changes are afoot, watch this space and have a great week!

Last edited by Enadia on Thu May 21, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu May 21, 2020 5:37 am

Enadia wrote:The session is on YouTube for your personal viewing.

Why would you need to place your legislative sessions on YouTube when you already have enadia.xyz handy?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Gorundu
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 am

Enadia wrote:Citizens who have been in Enadia know how friendly the community is and, with new arrivals continuing to enter the region after the stellar recruitment effort, this legacy will hopefully continue.

Poorly disguised propaganda effort is poorly disguised.

Also appreciate how the two images took up twice the space of the actual text.
Former Delegate of The North Pacific

Badge hunter (x3)
Former lurker of WA forums
Author of GA#485, GA#516, SC#337 and the other one we don't talk about
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Thu May 21, 2020 12:09 pm

*visible confusion*

So this is just going to be ignored? classic Enadia

Domais
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domais » Thu May 21, 2020 1:48 pm

If I had the misfortune of being the Foreign Affairs Minister of Enadia, I would apologize for the recent faux pas, yeah faux pas is what I'm going to call it. Instead the Foreign Affairs Minister or the founder or Enadia as a whole, I don't know and it doesn't really matter, seem to think that the recent flack they have been getting is not in anyway shape or form because of Enadia's fault what-so-ever and it is in fact just "mistruths" about Enadia.
Former Prime Minister of Lazarus!
Delegate Emeritus of Warzones, Australia, Asia, Airspace and Africa
Voted Best Delegate of Warzone Airspace for the year 2019!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am

Domais wrote:If I had the misfortune of being the Foreign Affairs Minister of Enadia, I would apologize for the recent faux pas, yeah faux pas is what I'm going to call it. Instead the Foreign Affairs Minister or the founder or Enadia as a whole, I don't know and it doesn't really matter, seem to think that the recent flack they have been getting is not in anyway shape or form because of Enadia's fault what-so-ever and it is in fact just "mistruths" about Enadia.

I've had that job. From random recruitment messages I wasn't warned about in advance, to embassy closures for no apparent reason (from the Enadian side), to people deciding to put nsfw stuff on the discord and a government minister threatening to doxx one of our allies, my job was very interesting.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Enadia wrote:The session is on YouTube for your personal viewing.

Why would you need to place your legislative sessions on YouTube when you already have enadia.xyz handy?

Hello, our parliament sessions are open to all members of our Discord server, we get quite the numbers on every single session and following our "Enadia for all" policy we also stream our sessions on our official channels.

Gorundu wrote:
Enadia wrote:Citizens who have been in Enadia know how friendly the community is and, with new arrivals continuing to enter the region after the stellar recruitment effort, this legacy will hopefully continue.

Poorly disguised propaganda effort is poorly disguised.

Also appreciate how the two images took up twice the space of the actual text.

You can come and ask around if you like. Nobody has shut the door to you.

Dr ac wrote:
The Noble Thatcherites wrote:*visible confusion*

An official response has been given and there is no need to drag the discussion futher. Also a new nation? What happened to the last one? Deleted?

Domais wrote:If I had the misfortune of being the Foreign Affairs Minister of Enadia, I would apologize for the recent faux pas, yeah faux pas is what I'm going to call it. Instead the Foreign Affairs Minister or the founder or Enadia as a whole, I don't know and it doesn't really matter, seem to think that the recent flack they have been getting is not in anyway shape or form because of Enadia's fault what-so-ever and it is in fact just "mistruths" about Enadia.

Well if you've had the misfortune being EU's MoFA, you wouldn't be a very good one. You can come and check the mistruths or whatever you're referring about yourself.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

I've had that job. From random recruitment messages I wasn't warned about in advance, to embassy closures for no apparent reason (from the Enadian side), to people deciding to put nsfw stuff on the discord and a government minister threatening to doxx one of our allies, my job was very interesting.

Yeah, respectfully you're wrong. Winning office, lying and being inactive is hardly an achievement.

No follow up responses will be provided. Thank you! :)
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Fri May 22, 2020 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Enadianly Yours -

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Dr ac wrote:

An official response has been given and there is no need to drag the discussion futher. Also a new nation? What happened to the last one? Deleted?[/quote]

Quite a disrespectful response

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Harry: Enadia for all
Also Harry: 'No follow up responses will be provided.

You're sending out mixed messages here, is Enadia an open and transparent region or not?

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Harry: Enadia for all

You're sending out mixed messages here, is Enadia an open and transparent region or not?

It's open and transparent to Enadians. Not to others.
An even stranger war

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why would you need to place your legislative sessions on YouTube when you already have enadia.xyz handy?

Hello, our parliament sessions are open to all members of our Discord server, we get quite the numbers on every single session and following our "Enadia for all" policy we also stream our sessions on our official channels.

We would at least feel somewhat less... baffled if Enadia just had a text-based debate-at-your-own-pace regional legislature like almost everywhere else does.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Tinhampton wrote:

We would at least feel somewhat less... baffled if Enadia just had a text-based debate-at-your-own-pace regional legislature like almost everywhere else does.

What? I thought these would just be powerpoints or something.

They're on voice chat?

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Fri May 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Boda wrote:
Dr ac wrote:

An official response has been given and there is no need to drag the discussion futher. Also a new nation? What happened to the last one? Deleted?

Quite a disrespectful response[/quote]
That was pretty genuine, he surely must have done something really bad to be deleted.

Syberis wrote:

Tinhampton wrote:

@Syberis with all due respect, you can join any EUP Session or review them on a public forum such as our YT channel. All our laws are open for public review or you can check declassified govt documents directly under our transparency act in our website. So in essence, I think that your argument is quite senseless taking into consideration that you can find almost everything about us in public areas, even our Discord is public and have public logs.

@Tinhampton, the EUP session is free for Voice debate and Text debate. The elected MP's are happy to address the public and a variety of bills via voice and they find what you're suggesting simply, boring for our taste. It takes a degree of confidence and courage to stand to the Enadian parliament and from our experience, it produces more confident and better representatives (Also it holds the government accountable for their actions as they have to justify almost immediately their actions). We're not like all other regions and it is in my impression that neither we intent becoming part of the norm. :)
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Fri May 22, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Enadianly Yours -

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Boda wrote:

Quite a disrespectful response

That was pretty genuine, he surely must have done something really bad to be deleted.

Syberis wrote:

Tinhampton wrote:

@Syberis with all due respect, you can join any EUP Session or review them on a public forum such as our YT channel. All our laws are open for public review or you can check declassified govt documents directly under our transparency act in our website. So in essence, I think that your argument is quite senseless.

@Tinhampton, the EUP session is free for Voice debate and Text debate. The elected MP's are happy to address the public and a variety of bills via voice and they find what you're suggesting simply, boring for our taste. It takes a degree of confidence and courage to stand to the Enadian parliament and from our experience it produces more confident and better representatives. We're not like all other regions and it is in my impression that neither we intent becoming part of the norm. :)[/quote]
I might get active in enadia again with my puppet in the region, see just how weird it's gotten. It's like when you watch disaster docs to see how they'll end.

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Fri May 22, 2020 4:18 pm

@Harry you probably know what got pb DEAT in the first place and your just using it as a sly jab against him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay