NATION

PASSWORD

The Enadian Herald

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Enadia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Enadia Newsletter #7

Postby Enadia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 am

THE ENADIAN NEWSLETTER
By Lincoln

Preamble:
"Welcome World to the seventh issue of the Enadian Newsletter. This time I've decided to switch things up both graphic wise and with what sections we'll be covering. What we do cover will change depending on the events of the weeks preceding each new issue, so expect small changes in format going forward. The government and the region's other shining stars care about how connected our citizens feel to the wider structures of Enadia, and I hope I can make you feel more in the loop and encourage you to take up the helm and get involved with the exciting things taking place! Enjoy, and have a fantastic week!"

House of Commons business
It's been a busy few weeks in Parliament as the Reformist government continues to deliver regional change. Legislation, however minor, impacts every citizen and we at the Enadian Newsletter want you to know the business of the House and engage with its processes. On the 31st of May, MPs (Members of Parliament) convened to pass a motion to affirm confidence towards the region's latest High Court Judge: Valois. Delivery of justice and the ability to file a charge in Enadian courts is an essential service that allows citizens to seek recourse when they feel they have been wronged.

The Parliament:
Following the first motion, MPs moved to consider a second motion presented by the member OrangeMain to welcome a foreign visitor and allow them to speak in Parliament when they feel they can. Enadia, following its exit from the Assembly of Regions, continues to push for open and friendly diplomatic relations and the government signalled with this motion that this is still a huge priority going forward. Moving on from motions, MPs then considered a bill which hopes to set out official terms for warrants, writs, levies and other judicial and parliamentary mechanisms. This act clarifies technical terms, and we hope all citizens will find it useful when confronting governmental matters. The plenary session just covered can be found on the region's official YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP75N2B0BhA&t=2s.

The latest parliamentary session on June 7th was opened with a visit from the newly elected King Craiggy Land who called for unity in the dark times of the pandemic and gave hope to all those listening as he made his inaugural speech. Further to that, the new member of the House Roma Sparta took his oath of office and we are all glad to welcome new political talent to the scene. In a momentous occasion, the House rejected the controversial Manchester Speaking Bill with even the creator of the Bill: Helvetiorus voting against it. The government clarified to the House that they will bring forward a Parliamentary procedures BIll to cover this area with more distinction and ensure free speech is upheld. Finally, the government passed a motion to signal to the region that they will create MP surgeries so citizens are more engaged and interact more with the government and other MPs. The government recognised that citizens often feel disconnected and want to put that right. The second session can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOld5UWaBpg.

Government Updates
The Foreign Affairs Minister Aexodius returned from leave due to real-life matters, and we're all glad to see him back in the fray representing the region with distinction. The Open Enadia policy will continue to be worked on, and the roleplay has gained new members. We encourage everyone who enjoys nation-based modern-day RP to join the region's roleplay as it continues to grow.

World Events
Enadia as a region, although every citizen is entitled to their own view, recognises the protests Worldwide and Pride Month as two important moments. We wish everyone well who feels impacted by these issues. In regards the coronavirus, please stay safe and take precautions!

Technical Updates
Some forum accounts were deactivated due to inactivity, but tickets can be submitted in the feedback area of the Discord. Musical talent in the region was also encouraged to come forward to the technical team for a new project in the works by Rorschach so get in touch if you are interested! I hope this has helped in engaging with Enadia, and stay safe out there! The forums also have a new theme, called "Flex your Pride" to celebrate Pride Month. The server almost everyday hosts movie nights, streaming the best stories that have motivated and moved us all. Feel free to join us!

Final Post has been edited and does not include the topics emojis.
Last edited by Enadia on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Potchen
Secretary

Founded: Dec 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Potchen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Some forum accounts were deactivated due to inactivity,

Just for clarity, do you mean the accounts were completely deleted or that their roles/perms were removed?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Enadia wrote:
THE ENADIAN NEWSLETTER
By Lincoln

Preamble:
"Welcome World to the seventh issue of the Enadian Newsletter. This time I've decided to switch things up both graphic wise and with what sections we'll be covering..."

Over the years, Enadia's central aesthethic has gone from "totally not the British Empire, we swear" to "rose volleyball thingy" to "sleek modern monarchical aesthetic" to "some Spartan warrior in a fancy hat wearing a facemask." Could you please find one image to project to the outer world and stick with it?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:26 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Enadia wrote:
THE ENADIAN NEWSLETTER
By Lincoln

Over the years, Enadia's central aesthethic has gone from "totally not the British Empire, we swear" to "rose volleyball thingy" to "sleek modern monarchical aesthetic" to "some Spartan warrior in a fancy hat wearing a facemask." Could you please find one image to project to the outer world and stick with it?

Of all the things you complain about to enadia... No one cares bout that...
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Enadia wrote:
THE ENADIAN NEWSLETTER
By Lincoln

For the love of [violet] Tin, this is your complaint against Enadia?
As opposed to the whole, not so fantastically worded statement about forum account deactivation?
Gotcha
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Potchen wrote:

Just for clarity, do you mean the accounts were completely deleted or that their roles/perms were removed?

If they're still using anything based off of phpbb, you can move accounts to a status called inactive. It's what I did when I was self-hosting so I could get better usage data on how many accounts were being actively used.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Potchen
Secretary

Founded: Dec 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Potchen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Potchen wrote:Just for clarity, do you mean the accounts were completely deleted or that their roles/perms were removed?

If they're still using anything based off of phpbb, you can move accounts to a status called inactive. It's what I did when I was self-hosting so I could get better usage data on how many accounts were being actively used.

To the best of my recollection: the tech. issues section of this announcement originally said "deleted," hence the phrasing of the post in reply stressing the or as to which scenario occurred; being either; A. The accounts were totally deleted; or B. The accounts merely had their masks/roles revoked but the actual accounts remaining.

"Deleted" was also what my quote originally said, but that seems to have been changed by someone other than myself and without the "edited by" line being added to the post. I know not how as a cursory search of the recent moderation subforum does not seem to find any request which redirect to this post nor could I find any references to it being cited.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 am

Potchen wrote:"Deleted" was also what my quote originally said, but that seems to have been changed by someone other than myself and without the "edited by" line being added to the post. I know not how as a cursory search of the recent moderation subforum does not seem to find any request which redirect to this post nor could I find any references to it being cited.

Posts cannot be edited (whether by users or staff) without displaying the "Last edited by" line. You must have misremembered what the quote said.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:12 am

Potchen wrote:

Hello! The announcement never said that accounts were being deleted, I think you might be a bit confused there bud. Accounts that have never contributed to more than a post or have not been active at all in a period of 2 months have been deactivated, but can be reactivated again. Forums posts and permissions are not affected.
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main Nation Latrovia || Proud Member of Enadia
- Enadianly Yours -

Enadia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Newsletter #8

Postby Enadia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 pm

THE ENADIAN NEWSLETTER
By Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington

Preamble:
[i]"Welcome back to the Enadian Newsletter. It's been a busy few weeks in the region and myself in real life so please do excuse me for not being as regular as I would like with these regional updates. With elections coming up, it's going to be an important time for all Enadians so strap in and let's find out what's around the corner!"

House of Commons business
Parliament in the past few weeks has been lesser on the legislation passed but plenty of important statements and developments with foreign relations have taken place. Due to real life, many Minister including Ontario himself couldn't make the 21st of June session so Foreign Affairs Minister Aexodius passed motions relating to election scheduling and took statements from Denver and other foreign visitors. It was a brilliant session that shows the Parliament's friendly relations with other regions. The session can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFmfNFFzdlk

The next session had the whole government in attendance to deliver statements on the Roleplay, the Open Enadia Policy and the new Judicial Qualifications Bill. The Judicial Qualifications Bill established how those practising law in Enadia may gain their qualifications and how they may be disbarred if they break judicial rules. The detailed and comprehensive bill fleshed out the legal system in the region further.

The session can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deoKpJm36jM
And the new Act can be viewed here: https://enadia.xyz/forum/viewtopic.php? ... b38ccd1bf3

Government Updates
The Open Enadia policy to establish new relations with other regions got underway with the opening of new embassies and continued diplomatic outreach. Further to this, the Roleplay started a new second season which is expected to bring in new players to engage with it and all its mechanics.

Election Update
The elections for the Parliament of Enadia will take place on 4th of July 2020 at 20:00 GMT. Candidates will have until 19:30 GMT to campaign before the polls open. This election in the event of the registration of a single party or grouping may take place under Single Transferable Vote, currently, polling is expected to be conducted under Party List Proportional Representation. The Reformists will be running for a second term, more candidates are expected to join the running in the coming days.

Other
There was a few new videos on the Enadian YouTube channel that you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqStHB ... JRN6U5-dvw

Furthermore, United Austrlian States won the Envision Song Contest with Everything I Wanted by Billie Ellish. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next issue!
Last edited by Enadia on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Enadia wrote:Due to real life, many Minister including Ontario himself couldn't make the 21st of June session

Have you considered organising your legislature on text-based platforms where people can debate at their own pace - like, you know, literally every other region on NationStates (the fucking CCD included)?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Enadia wrote:Due to real life, many Minister including Ontario himself couldn't make the 21st of June session

Have you considered organising your legislature on text-based platforms where people can debate at their own pace - like, you know, literally every other region on NationStates (the fucking CCD included)?

Hey Lincoln here!
The Enadian Parliament in VC is a really fun experience for everyone, and we think it's a unqiue cool way of doing things. Citizens listen in the channel and can type things into the voice channel and MPs can do the same if they prefer. Proxy votes can be used if someone can't attend also. Our aim is not to be like "every other region in NationStates" and when someone can't attend, it's no bother. We upload all our sessions to YouTube and they can cast their votes after the session and they are counted. Your desperate attempts to insult a region you no nothing about is good comedy, please do continue.
Last edited by Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Tinhampton wrote:

Yes, we have and no we are not planning to switch to a text-based platform.
- Enadianly Yours -

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm

that makes absolutely no sense.
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Enadia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

We turned 3

Postby Enadia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:57 pm

On Tuesday, July the 4th 2017, Latrovia, Iloiada and Henadia founded Enadia. The first produced product was "Global Citizen", a program which allowed Enadians and Foreigners to intern and gain experience working in third party regions. Global Citizen was the first product that introduced for the first time cross-user-experience and a new way to conduct pragmatic Foreign Affairs with developing regions.

Now Enadia is 3 years old. 36 Months – 156 Weeks, 1,095 Days, 26,280 Hours of existence. In the years since its founding, the region has released groundbreaking projects pushing always the boundaries of innovation and creativity. Projects such as EU|AID which assisted in the development and funding of underdeveloped regions, #EnadiaFromHome, Today-In-Enadia, Enadia+, EU Cinema, Arcade and Arcade Global are some of the most recognizable projects. The EU Cinema entertained people and players from more than 60+ regions and EU|AID assisted in the development of more than 15+ small-scaled regions.

Projects such as Arcade entertain currently about 30+ EU members with more than 20+ members having access to the pre-released Arcade Global Server. #EnadiaFromHome allowed creative talents to entertain and provide creative content to users during the quarantine. And Today In Enadia, provided virtual training sessions and assisted new players and NationStates gamers, to learn the basics of the NationStates Game and Discord Platform.

Today, we look back with both pride and gratitude for the generations of Enadians that committed to providing our community and others with the best user experience and we look forward in wonder of what the future will hold for us. New key events and milestones are currently under development starting our own first entertaining Late Night Shows streams, Radio podcasts and launching Arcade for public use. More will be shared with you with our first-ever Global Keynote event.

We couldn't have come all this way without you,

Thank you!
Latrovia

King Denver
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King Denver » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm

Glory to Enadia!

Cheers to many more years of long lasting friendship!

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Here's to many more years to come! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Enadianly Yours -

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 am

"product"

lmao enadia is literally a company

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Dr ac wrote:"product"

Yes sir, looking forward to our Global Keynote as well <3
- Enadianly Yours -

Kuriko
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:08 pm

God-King Rorschach wrote:
Dr ac wrote:"product"

Yes sir, looking forward to our Global Keynote as well <3

So are you actually admitting to being a company, or what? O.o
WA Secretary-General
TITO Tactical Officer of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Whelp time to report enadia for violating the commercialization rule
obvious joke is obvious
Last edited by Dr ac on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Dr ac wrote:Whelp time to report enadia for violating the commercialization rule
obvious joke is obvious

Have fun
- Enadianly Yours -

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Dr ac wrote:Whelp time to report enadia for violating the commercialization rule
obvious joke is obvious

Obvious joke is obvious.
- Enadianly Yours -

Enadia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Public Round Table (As hosted on the 26th of July 2020)

Postby Enadia » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:58 am

The regional round table kicked off with Rorschach greeting Enadians, Foreign dignitaries and interested parties. The floor was given initially to Paxi, an American student that visited Enadia to observe how online interactions shape relations between people. She explained the project she is working on and for the next two weeks, she will be observing closely the way Enadian facilities, teams and departments work.

Soon after, the regional Round Table took place. The floor was given to Rorschach who gave a short introduction of himself and explained the purpose of the Round Table. On this meeting, the SSE (Site Support Engineering) team presented statistical reports of Enadian activity and explained that as Enadia is constantly evolving new challenges and issues will arise, that have to be dealt with responsible actions and wide community engagement.

The statistical report showcased a drop off activity where previously, more than 140+ nations would log in every single day on the NationStates platform, replaced now with 100+ nations that log in every day and an increased number of users or nations that log in every two to three days and in other occasions after eight days.

The alarming rate of nations losing interest in NationStates has alarmed the Technical department that explained that countermeasures had to be taken in order to carefully: Research, Analyze and Sequence the reasons for loss of interest and finally Drafting and Implementing changes via integrations, utilities and recruitment strategies to counter inactivity.

Rorschach provided several examples of the changes and projects the Site Support team has created after constant feedback. He explained that after the Drewapocalypse an alarming number of new nations spawned in NationStates, where it became apparent that a lot of them were quite unfamiliar with the use of forums or Discord or the game itself. As Discord is the primary way of instant communication between many regions, a lot of new users were inexperienced with the platform. In order to combat this phenomenon, the Enadian Tech team introduced #Today-In-Enadia a project that provided users that resided in Enadia but soon became a hit for many new users on the NationStates, with online coaching classes, explaining the Discord User Interface, how to communicate effectively on Discord, how to use properly the forums and finally how to engage and play NationStates. Rorschach ended by saying that these changes would have never become possible without the constant feedback Enadians were sending out to the Technical Team.

Procedural & Embassy
Changes

The presentation followed up with the upcoming changes in all procedural guidelines and embassy interactions. Rorschach explained that as Enadia is constantly growing and the community trends constantly change, a certain amount of adaptability and flexibility in moderation is essential to combat internal and external challenges. That encompasses Enadia's 2020 Vision, where changes in moderation and the normal support chain will have to be implemented. Followed as well with On-Site support, constant feedback and finally with changes and updates of the Bots and general Cyber Advancing.

Empowered as well by the government's "Open Enadia" policy, the Technical Team introduced a new way of how Enadia aspires its Embassies to look worldwide. The team explained that Enadia is looking to remodel the structure of its worldwide embassies to provide a sense and a feeling of community, by providing On-Site services. More concretely, Enadian embassies on the upcoming weeks will be providing On-Site support to users, making easier registrations and participation in Enadian projects.

Arcade Global

Finally, updates for the upcoming Arcade Global were made available to the public. For some time now, it's been speculated when will Arcade Global be launched, but the development team made no word of that. Instead, they spoke about how the project is planning to expand beyond just NationStates, introducing thus the "Enadia Global Community" initiative. This initiative aims to bring gamers not just from NationStates but also from third-party games and platforms as well by allowing users and members to use the #Refer-A-Friend system. The project aims to start development by the end of 2020 and early 2021.

Finally, the technical team also spoke of how they are looking to integrate users in-game and on Discord via a webhooks and integrations, making in-game communications with the outside world easier, avoiding having to switch screens or load wide Discord panels while playing games with your friends and teams.

Well, folks, that was all for now!

See you soon in our Global Keynote Presentation!
Last edited by Enadia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 pm

Enadia wrote:The floor was given initially to Paxi, an American student that visited Enadia to observe how online interactions shape relations between people. She explained the project she is working on and for the next two weeks, she will be observing closely the way Enadian facilities, teams and departments work.

Of all the what-the-actual-fuckery in the above post, this is very possibly the table-topper. Which region uses the demonym "American" (just as Enadia uses "Enadian"), why would you go to Enadia "to observe how online interactions shape relations between people" instead of anywhere else, what is this project you speak of, and why do you have to employ a student called Paxi to observe how "Enadian facilities, teams and departments work" instead of just creating an official organisation chart? :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay