NATION

PASSWORD

The Enadian Herald

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon May 25, 2020 12:29 pm

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:
Mofritoi wrote:https://imgur.com/a/he5pzx2

I just took a screenshot, I hope that is okay. I honestly don't know how to show a time stamp. It's from 20 days ago, which is May 5th.
Thanks for the screenshot. This was covered in the NST article concerning the deliberate effort of the Enadian government to poach nations from UCRs. Thank you.

Well shit..
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Enadia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Today in Enadia

Postby Enadia » Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Today In Enadia

Is an Enadian regional project created by the Technical EU Department providing classes to new Discord users as well as EU forum users to assist them in getting more familiar with these two services. Additionally, our classes are now becoming available publicly for all NationStates users that are unfamiliar, especially with the Discord platform and our Luxford Academy team is happy to assist them through their new beginnings over Discord's UI and general functionality. We will also be extending our classes over topics, such as Discord's general administration as well as roles, permissions, bots as well as we will assist them to dive into the world of NationStates as well, providing them with information and group discussions of the World Assembly, Regional Managements, regional hierarchy, NationStates roles and how to manage their nations better or develop their personal play style. Classes on the topics of General Assembly & Security Council, as well as, regional development will also be included.

The classes can be and will be hosted via Voice Chat or Text Chat, whichever the class attendees are more comfortable with and Screen Sharing sessions, as well as Public Presentations, which will become available in the upcoming weeks, with general FAQ's as well Photo Presentations. The classes will be held in two separate and public Discord Servers and users will be able to interact as well as get their hands on the platform to test Discord's and the EU's forums functionality and interface as well as have a better-focused approach in NationStates platform and services.

For more details visit: https://enadiaeu.wixsite.com/enadiaplus
Or EU's main discord: https://discord.gg/Jw4vTk3
Last edited by Enadia on Tue May 26, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Tue May 26, 2020 12:04 pm

This doesn't really have much to do with nationstates.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Boda wrote:This doesn't really have much to do with nationstates.

Neither did the COVID19 Safety Package, "It is one of those nights," or... whatever that International Womens' Day article about art by female Aboriginal Australians was.

Today in Enadia sounds like a new newspaper, not an ongoing "Let's help new people get started with Discord and enadia.xyz" resource.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Tue May 26, 2020 2:58 pm

I hope they're not charging real-life money for these "classes". I wouldn't put it past Enadia.
Last edited by Yokiria on Tue May 26, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Yokiria wrote:I hope they're not charging real-life money for these "classes". I wouldn't put it past Enadia.

In fairness, I very much doubt they would be. It's something I once proposed in Enadia myself, especially with the amount of very young users we were getting. However, I didn't have the time to pull it off, and it's a lot of time and energy to dedicate to something that nobody might be interested in. I wish Enadia good luck however.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Tue May 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Yokiria wrote:I hope they're not charging real-life money for these "classes". I wouldn't put it past Enadia.

In fairness, I very much doubt they would be. It's something I once proposed in Enadia myself, especially with the amount of very young users we were getting. However, I didn't have the time to pull it off, and it's a lot of time and energy to dedicate to something that nobody might be interested in. I wish Enadia good luck however.

Why are we even considering paywalls for NS??? NS of all websites???

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 pm

Boda wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:In fairness, I very much doubt they would be. It's something I once proposed in Enadia myself, especially with the amount of very young users we were getting. However, I didn't have the time to pull it off, and it's a lot of time and energy to dedicate to something that nobody might be interested in. I wish Enadia good luck however.

Why are we even considering paywalls for NS??? NS of all websites???

I don't think we are?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed May 27, 2020 12:34 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Boda wrote:Why are we even considering paywalls for NS??? NS of all websites???

I don't think we are?

The way you framed your reply to Yokiria made it look like you suggested charging real life money when you were in Enadia. But I assume your suggestion was simply to start a similar class for newbies to discord etc.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed May 27, 2020 1:07 am

What if I'm so bad at discord, I don't know how to access the discord server where I will learn about how to access a discord server
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed May 27, 2020 1:27 am

Boda wrote:This doesn't really have much to do with nationstates.

It's about training people to use a couple of offsite resources that are used widely by NS communities, and also training on aspects of NS itself. I'm not sure how you've arrived at this conclusion.

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Wed May 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Enadia wrote:The classes can be and will be hosted via Voice Chat or Text Chat, whichever the class attendees are more comfortable with and Screen Sharing sessions,

ImageImageImageImageImage

Here you dropped these

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Republic Empire » Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Dr ac wrote:
Enadia wrote:The classes can be and will be hosted via Voice Chat or Text Chat, whichever the class attendees are more comfortable with and Screen Sharing sessions,

ImageImageImageImageImage

Here you dropped these

Do you really have nothing better to do with your free time than to go around and try to start shit with people by spamming and harassing others ??. Obviously the Teacher would share their screen for anyone watching to learn, that's basic common sense right there. - It also says Text Chat, whichever the attendees are comfortable with - but I guess you somehow completely skimmed over that part.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed May 27, 2020 3:34 pm

United Republic Empire wrote:Do you really have nothing better to do with your free time than to go around and try to start shit with people by spamming and harassing others ??. Obviously the Teacher would share their screen for anyone watching to learn, that's basic common sense right there. - It also says Text Chat, whichever the attendees are comfortable with - but I guess you somehow completely skimmed over that part.

It looks like you're just accusing a frequent critic of your region of harassment because they dared to critique you again, but if there really is harassment going on, it should be reported to moderation.

For the record, I totally agree that there are multiple red flags in the Today in Enadia announcement, but your region is practically one giant red flag, so it's to be expected.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed May 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Enadia has no right to act affronted for people assuming the worst of their initiatives, when the precedent they've set indicates that expecting the worst of Enadia is an entirely reasonable assumption.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Yokiria wrote:
United Republic Empire wrote:Do you really have nothing better to do with your free time than to go around and try to start shit with people by spamming and harassing others ??. Obviously the Teacher would share their screen for anyone watching to learn, that's basic common sense right there. - It also says Text Chat, whichever the attendees are comfortable with - but I guess you somehow completely skimmed over that part.

It looks like you're just accusing a frequent critic of your region of harassment because they dared to critique you again, but if there really is harassment going on, it should be reported to moderation.

For the record, I totally agree that there are multiple red flags in the Today in Enadia announcement, but your region is practically one giant red flag, so it's to be expected.

Yuss!

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Republic Empire » Wed May 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Yokiria wrote:

It has been reported to moderation previously, it is why the user in question is using a different account. The difference is that you all actually have a discussion and are actually debating and communicating verses the other person only coming around to create a toxic environment and to harass and entire region for that person's entertainment. If you go somewhere and cause problems and get told to stop and then keep repeatedly going back to cause problems and repeatedly told to stop then something is wrong.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed May 27, 2020 4:37 pm

United Republic Empire wrote:
Yokiria wrote:

It has been reported to moderation previously, it is why the user in question is using a different account. The difference is that you all actually have a discussion and are actually debating and communicating verses the other person only coming around to create a toxic environment and to harass and entire region for that person's entertainment. If you go somewhere and cause problems and get told to stop and then keep repeatedly going back to cause problems and repeatedly told to stop then something is wrong.

Look, URE, you either need to report Dr ac for rule-breaking, or stop publically accusing them of breaking the rules.
Last edited by Yokiria on Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed May 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Yokiria wrote:

So Enadia's staff is indeed aware of the context of how PB's seat went down?

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Republic Empire » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Boda wrote:

So Enadia's staff is indeed aware of the context of how PB's seat went down?

Not of the context, just that it happened. Why, do you have some Intel to share perhaps...??

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed May 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Boda wrote:So Enadia's staff is indeed aware of the context of how PB's seat went down?

Not of the context, just that it happened. Why, do you have some Intel to share perhaps...??

heh.

The Federal Government of Iowa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 am

For the love of all that is good, why can't this page be free from any of this nonsense for more than a few days?
STOP HARASSING EACH OTHER
Last edited by The Federal Government of Iowa on Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Right-leaning American Christian. Guns are fun. Space is fun too.
gender and biology are the same thing, sorry
I respect your right to ruin your life, but I don't have to celebrate it

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Dr ac
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Fri May 29, 2020 9:48 am

Criticism isn't harassment.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:Enadia has no right to act affronted for people assuming the worst of their initiatives, when the precedent they've set indicates that expecting the worst of Enadia is an entirely reasonable assumption.

Respectfully, I disagree. Enadia retains and has every right to respond harshly towards any so-called "critic" that feels the need to act as a justice warrior when the precedent they have set leaves no room for interpretation.

Dr ac wrote:Criticism isn't harassment.

That's funny coming from a "critic" that has been calling me a fascist, nazi and lately a sexual predator because they think, I am shit. Try again.
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main Nation Latrovia || Proud Member of Enadia
- Enadianly Yours -

Dr ac
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am

I don't think you're shit Harry, I think your region is harmful to the NS community

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay