NATION

PASSWORD

The Enadian Herald

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Well, I have found out my side on this issue.

A user named imperialtime joined Osiris's server and spammed "HAIL ENADIA" many, many times. This is absolute bullshit and I'm sick of this region.

Any chance you could give me the discord handle of the user in question?
This is absolutely not the sort of action we want in the name of our region and if we can tell who, if anyone, in Enadia this is coming from we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. In future, please direct anything similar directly to me, or our president, Latman/Harry.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm

A user named imperialtime joined Osiris's server and spammed "HAIL ENADIA" many, many times. This is absolute bullshit and I'm sick of this region.

Yeah, it was really annoying.
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Benjabobaria wrote:

Yeah, it was really annoying.

Let me see if I can work out who this was and what they thought they were playing at. Like I said above, if we can work out who's doing this sort of stuff their will be consequences to those involved.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Benjabobaria wrote:Yeah, it was really annoying.

Let me see if I can work out who this was and what they thought they were playing at. Like I said above, if we can work out who's doing this sort of stuff their will be consequences to those involved.

It's imperialtime#7491.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Latman
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:02 pm

I am sorry to hear that. Contact us and we will see what we can do. Spam messages can be a pain, for many communities, but we surely do not allow such behaviour in the EU. Thank you for your understanding. :)

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the spammers were just annoying users from Layem.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Carolus Rex Francae
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Carolus Rex Francae » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Here's my question for Enadia: Are the posts and actions I've been seeing from your members for the past 2 months representative of your organization? I know I've had the displeasure of assuring my diplomats that nothing good can come from an embassy with you all. Is that an accurate assessment? Was the real Enadia the one I saw when you suddenly and inexplicably began cutting ties with UDS through improper means, the one I saw that nearly changed sides in the middle of the raid of the Union of Confederate Regions, or was that a mere coincidence, a half dozen peculiar members?
Before anyone asks, no, I do not speak Latin. However, I understand my nation's last word is incorrect. I do not need to be corrected. Thank you.
--Carolus Rex Francorum

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 am

Carolus Rex Francae wrote:Here's my question for Enadia: Are the posts and actions I've been seeing from your members for the past 2 months representative of your organization? I know I've had the displeasure of assuring my diplomats that nothing good can come from an embassy with you all. Is that an accurate assessment? Was the real Enadia the one I saw when you suddenly and inexplicably began cutting ties with UDS through improper means, the one I saw that nearly changed sides in the middle of the raid of the Union of Confederate Regions, or was that a mere coincidence, a half dozen peculiar members?

Hey, good morning from Europe. Apologies for not responding earlier, but I had an all-nighter studying for my big Surgery exam. :(

Hm, those are fine questions tbh as they alarm and interest several sides of NationStates. In order to respond properly, I would have to also talk about on, how a region that was a major contributor and was doing generally fine, lost all of its fame in a single night.

The truth is that the Enadian Union suffered two major Terrorist attacks. Attacks which destroyed nearly everything that we had worked on for a long time. The first attack came from our EU|02 Vice President where he destroyed the Military's Server and kicked out several Members from our Main server. The Enadian Union and our moderation team did an excellent job of recovering the EUF's (Enadian Unified Forces) server in less than 5 hours after the hit. The second terrorist attack came again from our EU|03 Vice President which seems to be connected with the first attack, as something that they had been planning for a long time ago. That one utterly destroyed our main server, kicking more than 70+ members out.

Of course, that didn't look good at all and certainly, a lot of Enadians were demoralized. But was it something that we wanted? Did we ask for it? Certainly not! But regardless that happened, it's part of our history and our only options were: 1) give up or 2) stand up and fight again to establish proper means of control and security.

Certainly, one can understand that the morale of plenty of Enadians was shaken. Our EU|03 President instead of fixing things, was angering a lot of foreign diplomats. And he even kicked several times a few from the EU's Discord because (They were pissing him off). Yet again, his claims were that he only did that to protect the sovereignty of the Enadians. We certainly didn't agree with that, we never asked for that. But yet again, it happened.

So regarding the respectful UDS Administration. They were aware of the occurred terrorist attacks, and they were also aware that we were doing everything in our power to fix that. Regardless, they chose to close embassies. Which is fine I guess, but it tells a lot about the nature of partnerships in NS. We had allies that stood up and helped us recover and we had allies that never spoke to us, had our support during their crisis and when our crisis came up, they turned their backs to us raising their shoulders internationally.

As for the UCR, aghh that was the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my NS time. (Pardon my language)

Ok certainly, there was no way that we would risk our International Position by liberating them. I mean come on, who would do that. But regardless, our Minister of Defense (Also a UDS member), went on and told the UCR command chain that we might liberate UCR for the Lols of it. That was actually his announcement and no I am not kidding. When we asked him on why he said what he said, and who told him to make that announcement. He admitted that he was uninformed and responded as best as he could, but please notice that he never asked for anyone's opinion or advise. Certainly, though, that single announcement caused a lot of confusion and miss communication was apparent.

Please notice that, these events did not happen in a single day, but they all build up to what caused Enadia's International Image to be shaken. Thankfully the today's Enadia looks nothing similar with the yesterday's Enadia.
Last edited by Latman on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enadia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Happy Pride Month 2018

Postby Enadia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 am

Gay pride or LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world. Pride has lent its name to LGBT-themed organizations, institutes, foundations, book titles, periodicals and even a cable TV station and the Pride Library.

An Annual LGBT Pride Celebration

Every year, during the month of June, the LGBT community celebrates in a number of different ways. Across the globe, various events are held during this special month as a way of recognizing the influence LGBT people have had around the world. Why was June chosen? Because it is when the Stonewall Riots took place, way back in 1969.

Barbara Gittings picketing the White House in 1965
Photo taken by Kay Tobin Lahusen

Who Started the June Celebration?

Known as the “Mother of Pride”, it was Brenda Howard who coordinated the first LGBT Pride march. As well as sparking the idea for a week of events around Pride Day. These events then developed into the annual LGBT celebrations held every June.

About the Pride Month

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month) is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots in Manhattan. The Stonewall riots were a tipping point for the Gay Liberation Movement in the United States. In the United States the last Sunday in June was initially celebrated as “Gay Pride Day,” but the actual day was flexible. In major cities across the nation the “day” soon grew to encompass a month-long series of events. Today, celebrations include pride parades, picnics, parties, workshops, symposia and concerts, and LGBT Pride Month events attract millions of participants around the world. Memorials are held during this month for those members of the community who have been lost to hate crimes or HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.

In 1994, a coalition of education-based organizations in the United States designated October as LGBT History Month. In 1995, a resolution passed by the General Assembly of the National Education Association included LGBT History Month within a list of commemorative months.

LGBT History Month is also celebrated with annual month-long observances of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, along with the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements. National Coming Out Day (October 11), as well as the first “March on Washington” in 1979, are commemorated in the LGBT community during LGBT History Month.

The Enadian Union & LGBT

Enadia was founded in the 4th of July 2017 aiming to become one of the biggest pro-member regions in NationStates. Enadia is committed to freedoms and liberties and most importantly towards its people and dear citizens of the Enadian Union.

The LGBT community of the EU has often played a major role in EU's development. The award, which recognizes contributions to the Enadian Union's culture, security and interregional interests, is the highest honor a civilian can receive, alongside the Presidential Gold Medal and has often being held by an LGBT member.

Enadia, prides itself, in its deep roots in Democracy, Liberty, and Human Rights. Our Constitution testifies our deep and fundamental responsibility and understanding in checks and balances. Major political and non-political figures of the Enadian Union are also members of the LGBT community and have often found themselves unable and afraid to come out in the real world, fearing the possible outcomes of it. To them, we have to say that the Enadian Union and surely plenty of other regions will stand next to you. It's easy to forget now when we've come so far as a society. How much courage is required for most Homosexuals to come out publicly!

This is a phenomenon which is still apparent in many countries across the world and often is reflected in NationStates gaming communities. But every evil can be defeated with the right amount of Love. Our dear friends, the Enadian Union would like to express its love towards you and we wish you a very Happy Pride's Month!

Last edited by Enadia on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Latman wrote:
Ah no? I clearly stated that I won't punish as a BoT/AIR, anyone for having their own dislikes in life. Now if those dislikes speak of death or any other violent mean, I will surely take action as we have already taken and proven to take, many times in the past.

Ofc it is also the democratic right of someone not liking something specific. Either that be, broccoli, pepsi or homosexuals. We can't force nor should we force CoIS to abandon their religion and beliefs so Gay (region) be happy about it

emphasis mine

Friendly reminder that this region harbors anti LGBTQ+ sentiments in their leadership

Also a friendly reminder Enadia opposed removing a homophobic region from AIR
Last edited by Blood Wine on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

emphasis mine

Friendly reminder that this region harbors anti LGBTQ+ sentiments in their leadership

Also a friendly reminder Enadia opposed removing a homophobic region from AIR

I'm very sorry that you can't walk past that sir, forcing yourself into the ugly possition of lying, publically and shamelessly.

You're far far away from making any or literal political sense. None of my statements have been discriminatory or unethical towards the LGBT community. I feel very disappointed to see that a political figure such as yourself would fall down to the level of causing controversy.

Let's analyse what I really said, maybe then you'll be able to move on with your life:

"Ofc it is also the democratic right of someone not liking something specific. Either that be, broccoli, pepsi or homosexuals. We can't force nor should we force CoIS to abandon their religion and beliefs so Gay (region) be happy about it"

It is crystal clear and leaves no room for interpretation. That it is the foundamental right of every individual on this planet, to be able to dislike anything in this world. Either that be broccoli, pepsi or homosexuals, bananas or religious people. It is everybody's right, to choose the things they want to deal with in their life, and exclude the things they don't deem healthy for themselves..

You Sir, came to AIR demanding... not asking, not requesting, but demanding that we "executed" publicly a member region without allowing us to finish our investigation.

The Enadian Union supported and respected the sovereignty of CoIS as we also respected your words, their words and the standard/mandatory procedure of investigation.

Investigation, which you shamelessly attacked several times by calling people who didn't agree with you bigots, homophobic and corrupt. A name calling and a witch hunt, which despite the fact that you were proven wrong several times, you keep up doing.

But here we are today and facts thankfully, speak otherwise.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 pm

There was nothing to investigate! all the evidence you needed was displayed clearly on their RMB, which I linked for the entire AIR discord to see - and you defended their "right" to call for the deaths of homosexuals

Not liking pepsi is a opinion
Calling for the stoning of homosexuals is a hate crime
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Blood Wine wrote:There was nothing to investigate! all the evidence you needed was displayed clearly on their RMB, which I linked for the entire AIR discord to see - and you defended their "right" to call for the deaths of homosexuals

And I clearly acted once I was assured of CoIS actual position on their posts. Both the Bible and Quran contain parts which can be considered by many a hate speech act. But regardless, one quoting the Quran and one actually supporting it and enforcing it, is two different and very distinct things.

We respect the right to personal belief, but not when that comes as hate speech or at risk of impeding others. As such, we were keen not to impede upon that freedom of religion until we had all the evidence sufficient to prove that the views held by CoIS were indeed unacceptable and firmly opposing our values. Upon receipt of this information, we then firmly supported their removal and ceased all ties with the region.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Latman wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:There was nothing to investigate! all the evidence you needed was displayed clearly on their RMB, which I linked for the entire AIR discord to see - and you defended their "right" to call for the deaths of homosexuals

And I clearly acted once I was assured of CoIS actual position on their posts. Both the Bible and Quran contain parts which can be considered by many a hate speech act. But regardless, one quoting the Quran and one actually supporting it and enforcing it, is two different and very distinct things.

We respect the right to personal belief, but not when that comes as hate speech or at risk of impeding others. As such, we were keen not to impede upon that freedom of religion until we had all the evidence sufficient to prove that the views held by CoIS were indeed unacceptable and firmly opposing our values. Upon receipt of this information, we then firmly supported their removal and ceased all ties with the region.

Both the founder and delegate expressed these ideas and you defended them, your leadership is utterly lacking and pretending you care about the LGBTQ+ people in your community is a insult

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Latman wrote:

Both the founder and delegate expressed these ideas and you defended them, your leadership is utterly lacking and pretending you care about the LGBTQ+ people in your community is a insult

Alright. You don't want to listen and it's clearly obvious at this point.
Last edited by Latman on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Africa
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

To BloodWine, and the IC as a whole.

Postby Green Africa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Latman wrote:

Excuse me for putting two cents where I probably shouldn't, but after combing this embassy thread and the AIR thread, while holding my tongue so as not to come out looking dumb, I think I've found my side in this issue not merely as the Minister of Culture, but as a human being.

Latrovia, our (or at least one who I would like to consider my) friend BloodWine here that I am quoting is right. You were, quite honestly, lax in this situation earlier in the month. Yes, everyone has their disagreements with things such as the LGBT community; I myself have grown up in a conservative Christian household, and feel it doesn't correlate with my religious morals. However, while people have the freedom to believe what they want to believe, stuff like stoning homosexuals does sound more than a bit wild and barely falls short of fundamentalism if it isn't already considered fundamentalism. Just because it is wrong in Christianity to be Gay does not mean you will see me telling the people such as the citizens of Gay to jump off a building, or better yet refusing a cake to their wedding; because that is wrong and backwards behavior and mannerisms to display, whether I am quoting my holy book or not. (and as for the cake, to the people that do that refusing, have fun losing your profits as a supposedly competent businessperson, lol.)

BUT....

However, I believe that that the Foreign Minister him/herself has made a great "insult" to a person who took the time to, granted, with the usual Fair-level English skills, to write this long post in celebration of the LGBT community by saying that he "pretended to care about the LGBTQ+ community" after, on the fly mind you, coming up with the idea of Enadia celebrating a Pride Month out of thin air in the middle of our general server. (or Pride's month according to the prez; lol, sorry Lat, you can fire me later)

I can get the evidence of that chat, albeit preferably DMed or TGed, where he is discussing events for LGBT pride to the approval of various government officials who the community has painted with a broad brush as having hateful views.

Please understand that I have been active in government chambers of Discord and RMBs and such for almost a month (granted, that may not seem very long) and I have not seen a word, a breath, one silent MILLISECOND of hatred from the founder, ministers, officers, grand poobahs...you name them, and I will tell you whether I have seen them. Granted, what they do when in private messaging is not known, but I can tell you this, I have not seen one hateful remark from the government you think only pretends to care about the community.

As Minister of Culture, I have made it my duty to make sure that a thriving, vibrant, and non-discriminatory cultural tapestry is weaved here in our region, and I wish people would stop going to the President, as much as he is important to making sure there is no hate, and come to me. The Buck Stops Here is my policy when it comes to the culture that is cultivated in my region and, from what I have seen, not just in Gov-Chambs but also as a citizen, there is no hate from the government or citizens anywhere.

You know what, BloodWine, in the past yes, the culture and attitudes expressed in the server might have been quite toxic, I did notice that a bit, but that has changed. I myself don't know how many regulations, restrictions, rules, zero-tolerance policies our President is going to have to put on the Enadian citizenry to make it a polished server or region fit for the use and citizenship of the Pennsylvanian Amish, but I believe you would be surprised to see how this new administration, minus the bad eggs that put a bad face with all the liberation and other international mix-ups, has striven to make strides in the international community.

Thank you for taking my opinion into consideration, and please note that Enadia (or I guess in your mind, at least me anyway), welcomes you.
In fact, I told the President he should consider the idea of a State Visit where, not the "Suits" as I would call them, but the blue collar region member comes and hangs out and brings issues back to the tables of their respective regions for discussion. I hope when I make that proposal, and/or give you all, not just my friend Blood Wine here, the invitation to SummerFest, that you put some of these issues aside and come together, then you can continue debating afterwards. Thank you.
Last edited by Green Africa on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Green Africa
Unity in Diversity | Una in Diversitate
We situate ourselves right next to the disposable so that the day will come when we stop throwing people away.
Reverend Gregory J. Boyle

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Green Africa wrote:However, I believe that that the Foreign Minister him/herself has made a great "insult" to a person who took the time to, granted, with the usual Fair-level English skills, to write this long post in celebration of the LGBT community by saying that he "pretended to care about the LGBTQ+ community" after, on the fly mind you, coming up with the idea of Enadia celebrating a Pride Month out of thin air in the middle of our general server. (or Pride's month according to the prez; lol, sorry Lat, you can fire me later)
You do realize that region building is far more than just wordy gameplay posts, right? :blink: Blood Wine wasn't insulting anyone. He was simply pointing out the incredible amount of hypocrisy within the Enadian Union—that it was extremely disingenuous of EU officials to even pretend to care for the LGBTQ+ community given their horrendous record.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Carolus Rex Francae
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Carolus Rex Francae » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:36 pm

So Enadia is as I suspected, after all. Well done with the nicely formatted platitudes, though. I'm sure the gays appreciate it.
Before anyone asks, no, I do not speak Latin. However, I understand my nation's last word is incorrect. I do not need to be corrected. Thank you.
--Carolus Rex Francorum

Green Africa
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Green Africa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:44 pm

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:
Green Africa wrote:However, I believe that that the Foreign Minister him/herself has made a great "insult" to a person who took the time to, granted, with the usual Fair-level English skills, to write this long post in celebration of the LGBT community by saying that he "pretended to care about the LGBTQ+ community" after, on the fly mind you, coming up with the idea of Enadia celebrating a Pride Month out of thin air in the middle of our general server. (or Pride's month according to the prez; lol, sorry Lat, you can fire me later)
You do realize that region building is far more than just wordy gameplay posts, right? :blink: Blood Wine wasn't insulting anyone. He was simply pointing out the incredible amount of hypocrisy within the Enadian Union—that it was extremely disingenuous of EU officials to even pretend to care for the LGBTQ+ community given their horrendous record.

Yes, I realize that region-building is more than just wordy gameplay posts, but alas, that is how we in our region have chosen to play this game, taking ample chances to spark our own creativity in the process.
Carolus Rex Francae wrote:So Enadia is as I suspected, after all. Well done with the nicely formatted platitudes, though. I'm sure the gays appreciate it.

I mean, I would hope that they do; but if I were a gambling man, I guess I should not place my chips down. :(
In the meantime I do hope that people like Thatcher, Blood Wine, and Carolus realize that there are some who should not be painted with the record Thatcher and the rest of the IC is referring to, as they had nothing to do with building this "record" and are just wanting to come in from day-to-day, play this game, and--as regional officials--do the tasks assigned to them whenever called upon to do so by their superiors and fellow citizens.

So, if it makes any difference, I myself,anyway, care for the LGBTQ community and nobody is going to be able to say anything otherwise unless they look through my personal life, my RMB posts, Discord chats, and other things. In which, they will find nothing to the contrary.

Oh well, I guess I could just be coming off as some yes-man, and if I am, I'm sorry for just wanting to defend my region and the friends that, sure, I may know nothing about, but in the short time I have spoken in conversations with them, have been nothing but nice at least to me anyway. And with that, I thank you for your time. :hug:
Green Africa
Unity in Diversity | Una in Diversitate
We situate ourselves right next to the disposable so that the day will come when we stop throwing people away.
Reverend Gregory J. Boyle

Carolus Rex Francae
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Carolus Rex Francae » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:56 pm

I understand regional pride, Green Africa. I just hope you can see past that pride to recognize that nearly all facets of gameplay have some beef with Enadia, and that the attitude that underlies those issues is still not resolved. I would ask you to make a change, but I told you all that a few months ago, and the issues are still there, so my hopes are not high for any of you. I was a yes man for years for Grand Central, a similarly inept region, and from that experience, I can tell you that your salvation will not come from making bold promises, dismissing past actions, and defending serious issues within the community. It will come from making serious alterations to the community. Until that day arrives, tell your founder you don't need an FA department--you've done enough foreign affairs for the next year, at least.
--Carolus Rex Francorum

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Green Africa wrote:Yes, I realize that region-building is more than just wordy gameplay posts, but alas, that is how we in our region have chosen to play this game, taking ample chances to spark our own creativity in the process.
Could you please translate this sentence into English for me? I honestly can't understand your message through the flowery language. :blink:
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 am

Or you can actually come in Enadia and see actually for yourself whats going on. Instead of making assumptions, you can actually come and see. You're just one click away.

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:25 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:You do realize that region building is far more than just wordy gameplay posts, right? :blink: Blood Wine wasn't insulting anyone. He was simply pointing out the incredible amount of hypocrisy within the Enadian Union—that it was extremely disingenuous of EU officials to even pretend to care for the LGBTQ+ community given their horrendous record.

Horrendous Record? Respecting someone's religious belief, makes up a horrendous record?
Horrendous Record? Respecting the process of investigation before giving a final verdict that would potentially change a region for worse, makes up a horrendous record?
Horrendous record? Not wanting to jump on arms without a proper communication being established first with the offended party, makes up a horrendous record?

Calling someone homophobic and a bigot for having opposing opinions to yours is not an insult?
Attacking the values of an entire region without any sort of evidence is also not an insult?
Tell me, have you ever seen ever any LGBT member being attacked, threatened or even discriminated within Enadia?
Last edited by Latman on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Latman
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Latman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 am

[quote=Carolus Rex Francae]I can tell you that your salvation will not come from making bold promises, dismissing past actions, and defending serious issues within the community. It will come from making serious alterations to the community.[/quote]

Okay, how do you exactly seriously alternate a community? Without dismissing past actions, defending serious issues and actually making pragmatic and planned moves?
Last edited by Latman on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Republic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Republic Empire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:44 am

Allow me to make something very clear to everyone here. Latrovia is very caring and supportive of the LGBTQ community. I myself am Bisexual and Lat has supported me through it all. I will even post mine and his conversation when I came out as Bi to him. Enadia has the nickname of Gaynadia because literally about 50% or more of our region mates are either gay or bisexual, (the poor straight folks are the minority in this case), but nonetheless all of the straight folks are really nice.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you 100% of the time doesn't mean they are a horrible person.

Also - for your information bloodwine - Lat's parents think that he is gay because of the way he is and how nice and suppotive he is to the LGBTQ community that resides in Enadia. If actually took the time to get to know Lat on a more personal level and not be so hostile, then you'd actually realize that Lat seems like he is in the magical rainbow closet. That's how most of us in Enadia feel anyways.

Thanks and try to have a better day sweetheart.
Separatist Peoples
OOC: Well, the GA is full of obstructionist elite, and the rules are just there to hold the OP back. Haven't you heard?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay