NATION

PASSWORD

The East Pacific // Updates & News..

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Carolus Rex Francae wrote:Wew lad, that's a pretty spicy leak. Cormac, is that you?

Thanks for the compliment.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue May 29, 2018 11:31 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Carolus Rex Francae wrote:Wew lad, that's a pretty spicy leak. Cormac, is that you?

Thanks for the compliment.

It's nice for comparison to me to be considered a compliment. That is increasingly rare these days. :P

Also, yes, it would be swell if The East Pacific and the West Pacific could either explain themselves or fix the silliness. Not that I'm holding my breath for it.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 am

Public explanations would be cool indeed.

Also, I head Yuno is running for a third term. TEP monarchy/dictatorship when? ;)

Devi Vytherin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Devi Vytherin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

A) Heads-up that the OP nation has CTE'd ^^
B) Friendly reminder that doing nothing isn't a permanently viable course of action, and letting acknowledged misrepresentations stand without comment reflects dismally on the region as a whole.
~Devi Skollvaldr
Subversive Userite Raider

Wonder Woman I
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Revocation

Postby Wonder Woman I » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:38 pm

The East Pacific hereby revokes the proscribed status of The Black Hawks.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Wonder Woman I wrote:The East Pacific hereby revokes the proscribed status of The Black Hawks.

Very minimalist announcement, thought it wasn't legit for a sec. Looks like it is though.
Last edited by Malphe on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Malphe wrote:
Wonder Woman I wrote:The East Pacific hereby revokes the proscribed status of The Black Hawks.

Very minimalist announcement, thought it wasn't legit for a sec. Looks like it is though.

Considering TWP did too, and they have no reason to lie
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Devi Vytherin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Devi Vytherin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 am

Malphe wrote:

Of course. Any higher level of detail would by necessity require acknowledging the inherent problems with the original proscription.

Not that I'm unhappy about its removal at all, just the lack of public accountability. Half a loaf is better than none, though :blush:
~Devi Skollvaldr
Subversive Userite Raider

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 am

Okay cool.

But y tho.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:34 am

Syberis wrote:

Okay cool.

But y tho.

^

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016

Postby Malphe » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Syberis wrote:
Okay cool.

But y tho.

^

I don't have any opinion on the matter, but quietly removing the proscribed status of TBH like this makes it look like TEP and TWP are caving into the backlash and accepting their arguments without wanting to admit it. Not saying that's the case, but that's what this makes it look like.
Malphe Vytherov

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Malphe wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:^

I don't have any opinion on the matter, but quietly removing the proscribed status of TBH like this makes it look like TEP and TWP are caving into the backlash and accepting their arguments without wanting to admit it. Not saying that's the case, but that's what this makes it look like.

Don't see it quiet when both regions make some sort of announcement in their threads. Seems like they all got together and talked. What more do you want?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:
Malphe wrote:I don't have any opinion on the matter, but quietly removing the proscribed status of TBH like this makes it look like TEP and TWP are caving into the backlash and accepting their arguments without wanting to admit it. Not saying that's the case, but that's what this makes it look like.

Don't see it quiet when both regions make some sort of announcement in their threads. Seems like they all got together and talked. What more do you want?

They probably want some coherent explanation for why the proscription happened in the first place, and why it has now abruptly been rescinded. That said, they don't seem likely to get that explanation from either region, so if I were them I would stop bothering and be content it was rescinded.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying anyone should be happy with the lack of explanation, or that either TEP or TWP should now be treated like everything is all good. I think this entire situation has been completely unprofessional of them, and if TBH or anyone else treats them as unprofessional now and declines to have anything to do with them in the future, that would be understandable. All I'm saying is that they're not likely to provide any explanation for why the proscription happened or why it was rescinded, so it's pointless to keep barking up that tree. I think the time has come to accept that no coherent explanation is ever going to be provided, but also to remember how this all went down and how unprofessional the entire ordeal has been.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Especially considering the only statement made when pressed was that TEP was proscribing TBH "so they could remove the proscription later." Which... What?
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Syberis wrote:Especially considering the only statement made when pressed was that TEP was proscribing TBH "so they could remove the proscription later." Which... What?

I guess we can be happy for that?

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Dunno, I think sometimes you just really really really want to proscribe someone :p
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Eastern Pacific News Service
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

August 2018 EPNS Issue

Postby Eastern Pacific News Service » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:59 pm

ImageEditor's Note: This article was edited especially for forum readers. The original, unedited version may be found here.

The East Pacific News Service
August 31, 2018

TEP Aligns with UPPERCUT in case of Nuclear Apocalypse
By Tretrid

As the one-year anniversary of N-Day2 rolls around (and the expectation for an N-Day3), TEP has decided to join the faction UPPERCUT for when N-Day3 comes to pass.

UPPERCUT, which placed second in N-Day2, consisted of TNP, TP, and TSP. It, among other things, had a non-aggression pact with Syberian Badgers w/ Caek (essentially agreeing not to nuke each other), which in turn consisted mainly of TEP, TWP, and Osiris.

On August 11, Svezjacael, on behalf of the NPO, reached out to Minister of Foreign Affairs Wonder Woman and said that the NPO was looking to unite all five feeders under the UPPERCUT banner. Wonder Woman said that TEP is open to working with UPPERCUT.

TWP is also expected to join UPPERCUT once N-Day3 comes.

Florencia Conquered
By Tretrid

On September 21, a password was placed on the region of Florencia, ending the 26-day occupation of the region.

It started when raiders from a fascist region hit the region on the major update of July 25, even though the same organization had previously hit the region.

EPSA and Legio Pacifica quickly set up an op to take the region and demonstrate, according to the WFE they set up, "when impotent update skills and arrogance meet professionalism and actual ability". They, led by Xoriet and Kurnugia, seized Florencia the following update, with Kurnugia becoming Delegate.

They proceeded to banject the fascists. When it became clear to the natives that the region was not going to go to them, they founded a new region, which is hopefully more secure than the old one. After removing all the fascists (and the natives had left to their new region), Xoriet became Delegate and eventually had enough influence to password the region. All but 4 remaining nations have since either left or been ejected.

Summary of RMB and its Role Play
By Nation of Elementia

In the past couple weeks of the RMB RP, many things have happened to changed the way RMB RPers are, and also many changes to the RMB RP itself.

For the past couple weeks, there has been a map crisis, involving the ''official'' maps of the RMB RP. The Valsora map (named after the account that was shared by the council of mapmakers), was disbanded and would not be updated any longer due to a fallout between some map members and other events that took place. After a lot of debate, both maps (Zukchiva's old map along with the Valsora map) were considered canon. After some more debate, it has been decided the new RMB RP map would be Zukchiva's map, and with this happening, Libertanny became the right hand man of Zukchiva, with him updating the map now, and it is now canon. You can find the new map here.

During the map crisis, RP quality and such was questioned, and, after a vote, the MTRP and FTRP barrier was abolished, bringing all the RPs together and unifying them as one. (MTRP stands for Modern Tech RP, while FTRP stands for Future Tech RP)
This has resulted in many happy players, who can both use spaceships and such, but be in both worlds and have post-modern tech.

Along with the new RMB RP changes, a new alliance has emerged, called the Free Pacific Alliance, or known as FPL.
Even though it is a young alliance, with it being only a week or so old, it has many members. The founders of the FPL are Libertanny and Fellon.

Along with the FPL, a new organization, called the UEP, or the United East Pacific, where it is similar to the WA. It was founded by Fraxhemark. The Secretary General that was elected was Aytovis Bauge from Wiranath.

An RP event by Nation of Elementia has started recently, where it has started off with an alien invasion on one of the Elementian galaxies. No other news has been known on what happened, except three RP posts made by her.
You can read more about the RP event here.

Discussing the Future of EPNS with New Wisconsin Empire and Serge
By The New Wisconsin Empire

In a backroom of the EPNS Pub, otherwise known as the East Pacific News Service's headquarters, the user behind all the major decisions of the New Wisconsin Empire, Chunky Monkey, meets with our beloved Minister of The East Pacific's most prominent publication, Serge. You could swear seeing the cigar smoke coming out from under closed doors, and lucky for you we bugged the whole place. So, without further ado, here's how the meeting went down.

CM: Hello Serge. Nice to meet you. It is of our understanding that you are the new Minister of EPNS, is this correct?

Serge: Nice to meet you too, and yes, you are right. I am the new Minister of EPNS. However, if I had to be honest, EPNS itself is not a Ministry; I am Minister until I am officially voted in as the head of EPNS as Editor, but until then, and with Mecovy leaving, I am to be temporarily called a Minister.

CM: You have said it yourself: you plan to take EPNS into a new direction. What does this entail exactly?

Serge: Well, I believe that we are one of the most influential departments in the government. We are the ones who bring information to people. I believe that we should strengthen the governmental influence in our region, and use our sway to make our fellow East Pacificians more politically involved. But to answer your question, I believe that EPNS needs reorganization, and a new life. I see many ambitious people who want to work in EPNS but have nothing to do. I am planning to set up a few new departments alongside EPNS that will help our government cooperate with greater efficiency. But it's going to be a lot of work. So much in fact, that dare I say it'll be far too hard to describe all I have planned in just one of these meetings.

CM: Surprise me. What new departments are you planning to set up?

Serge: I was talking with Aelitia about EPNS and EPNS-related things. From our little chat, I found out that there's a few revisions to the EPNS Act that may need to be made. So theoretically, for now we'll set-up the departments as being unofficial, which is a process that has been approved by our Delegate Yuno. By setting up these departments, I am planning to split some more specific responsibilities between EPNS workers, hopefully decreasing the chaos within this very establishment along the way. There'll be a department for coding; another for data distribution; one for cooperation with other ministries; and, a few others. Now, since we started working on these departments, I've noticed that people have been a little more interested in working in EPNS. You know, everyone have different skills, so now we don't only recognize the writers.

CM: Do you plan to bring EPNS into other regions?

Serge: You know, each region tends to have its own news service, or a ministry responsible for writing newsletters. I am not planning to set up a secret TEP newsletters in other regions, but I am planning on promoting EPNS outside of TEP. So far, due to the high upvote numbers on our newsletters, we have managed to recruit some people from other regions. They either joined our region with their main account or with a puppet account. I think that that alone is an achievement worthy of celebration, is it not?

CM: It certainly is. Do you think that EPNS should only deliver unbiased news?

Serge: If I were to be honest, no. I don't mean that I want EPNS newsletters to become governmental propaganda, but, I think, that we should beef up some information. To either make people more interested in some topic, or to show that it was kind of an important event or happening. But as I said in the past: I don't support turning EPNS into clear propaganda.

CM: Do you believe that EPNS will reach the goals that you have set for it?

Serge: As long as I am the Minister, have as awesome of a staff as I have now, and continue to have Yuno's support, I believe it is within the realm of possibility. Although it does not look like there's much going on in EPNS right now, I assure that there is much being done behind the curtains. We are reorganizing our Ministry, and, when we are done, I believe that we will be one of the most efficient and active bodies of our government. That being said, we've already managed to achieve some of the goals.

CM: One finale question. What are your personal goals and aspirations within the government?

Serge: There are two goals that I have. One is more personal, and one is more EPNS-related. Let's start from the second. My end goal here is to convert EPNS into something I'd like to call the Ministry of Information, however, the East Pacific News Service Act is currently stopping that. We will need the Magisterium to rewrite or repeal this act. And there's one simple reason behind my arguing of this being a necessity: we currently have twenty-five people on the EPNS server, most of which are indeed EPNS workers. With such a big and ambitious team, we should be allowed to do more than what we are currently tasked and thus retrained into doing. But returning to my first more personal goal, I first had, let's call it, a secret dream of becoming a Regional Officer. You know, enforcing the law and getting to act like a policeman in the RMB. But, as I just said, at first it was a secret dream. Surprisingly, as I have now found out, some Ministers and ROs have already said that I would make a good RO within their circles. So, for now, let's say that this is the goal I'm currently prioritising. But it means putting in the hard work, and make that long at that. Then we shall see if I will become one.

CM: Very well, I think our time is up. Is there anything else you should put on the table?

Serge: Well there's one last thing I should say, or repeat actually. I will try to reach my goal of making EPNS the most active and influential Ministry possible and I'd love to be doing that alongside it being renamed to the Ministry of Information. Honestly, that's probably all I have to mention in the here and now. Thank you for your time.

CM: Thank you and have a great day, and I hope you find success in your future.

Magisterium Debate on Repealing the EPNS Act
By Zukchiva

Passed on November 6th, 2013, the East Pacific News Service Act has been a staple law which legalized the EPNS of the East Pacific for the past 5 years. Under multiple Editors, the EPNS has written multiple successful and informative articles about the going ons within the East Pacific.

Recently however, the law has fallen forgotten by the wayside, with no new Editors appearing to take the role. The EPNS soon became a Ministry that was passed on to Libertanny, as the previous Minister, Penndragonia, resigned.

Libertanny, upon accepting his role, began implementing immense changes into the Ministry. EPNS became active again, and its whole structure was reorganized. It became the Ministry of Information, and its job is set to help our the other Ministries of the East. The EPNS act fulfilled its duty in creating the News Service, yet did not allow any changes to be made to it. For that reason, Minister Libertanny has officially proposed discussion in the Magisterium to repeal the act.

At first facing mixed support and criticism, the repealing of the EPNS act is now supported by the majority of the Magisters and citizens who participated in the discussion. If the act is repealed by the Magisterium, EPNS will become a wing of the new Ministry of Information. This Ministry will help gather intel and data to ultimately help the other Ministries perform their duties to their highest potential.

Scientific Interview between Wersh and Analyst Prole
By Wersh

In one of scientific lodges, next to the University of East Pacific, a science student decided to have a long interview, or story-telling, wth one of experienced veterans of Nation States Science.

Wersh: What is it we are discussing today?

Analyst Prole: That is an excellent question Wersh. I've been thinking about what I could possibly use as the starting article. Something that is a foundation and fairly scientific, butable to meet the needs of our readers...Who are said to be between 13 and 20.I know exactly where to start, "NS MT" Technology, the kind of stuff that is wellunderstood, but not cost effective or properly prototyped in the real world.

Wersh: Ah, the basics. The perfect place to start in any scientific study.

Analyst Prole: Now I heard you suggest the wire mesh idea earlier, but what I was specificity talking about, are mostly stuff straight out of NS Draftboard.

Wersh: Ah, great topic. Plenty of things to discuss here!

Analyst Prole: Indeed.

Wersh: Which piece of tech are we dissecting today?

Analyst Prole: Before we get into that, would you explain what the NS Draftboard is to readers? Or do you not know?

Wersh: I unfortunately am not familiar to the draftboard. Could you remind me what it is?

Analyst Prole: Well, if you talked to really old users on NS, they will tell you that NS wasn'talways what it is today. There was the Jolt era, and periods were NS didn't have forums or had clunky ones. Somewhere around this time, the NS Draftboards was started, so the story goes. I've been there and read around, it's a place where some of NS finest weapon
designers and thinkers passed ideas and information around, before giving feedback to each other.Some of the reading is rather dry, but it's very long and well documented.

Wersh: Wow. How many weapons were designed?

Analyst Prole: I have not the slightest idea, but what I do know is there was a series of debates, discussions, and examinations that led to one of the most common "NS MT"technologies of all. A technology widely used in NS MT but not in real life. You want to guess what is it?

Wersh: Would that be the Nuke?

Analyst Prole: I'm talking about something that we haven't mass produced yet.

Wersh: Ah. A Rail-Gun?

Analyst Prole: Closer, but not quite there. Rail Guns are usually considered to be PMT, postmodern tech, the era that most cyberpunk RP takes place. Be less ambitious, you are close.

Wersh: Hm... I'm truly stumped.

Analyst Prole: ETC guns in tanks.

Wersh: Ah. Mind explaining for our readers?

Analyst Prole: Well, on NS Draftboard there were a solid series of discussions about trying tomake guns bigger and more powerful. NS MT is said to be a place of "19th century politics, with 20th century wars, and 21st century technology." The wars of NS MT were a super arms race that made our Cold War look like two kids trying to out-design each other with waterguns. Now then, as a layman, if I asked you how to make a gun more powerful then 120mm, what would you say?

Wersh: I would take a gun off of a Battleship and put it on a tank.

Analyst Prole: So you would make the gun bigger yes?

Wersh: Yes. And in turn the tank bigger.

Analyst Prole: And this is what real life nations did. 40mm, 75mm, 76mm, 85mm 88mm, 90mm,100, 105, 115, 120, 125mm. Bigger, bigger, and bigger. The tanks got bigger too.

Wersh: And we ended up with a surplus of oversized and impractical machines.

Analyst Prole: Almost. In Real Life there was talks of of 140mm NATO Leopard 2s and Abrams, of Russian 155mm T-14s and Black Eagles. None of these machines went past rumorsor prototypes due to cost, size, and the Cold War ending.

Wersh: Like the Ratte Super Tank prototyped by the Nazi's in WWII?

Analyst Prole: In a way yes, or like the Super Tiger.

Wersh: Too large to be effective.

Analyst Prole: Well, someone on NS Draftboard crunched the numbers. They found that tanks with larger barrels would be very expensive, very heavy, and have very low numbers of rounds. They found that they needed an auto-loader, a machine, justto get the ammunition into the gun. Too heavy for roads, too heavy for bridges, too heavy for railroads.

Wersh: The size made them too ineffective for real life.

Analyst Prole: NS Draftboard wanted things to be at least scientifically plausible, so they lookedat US military research. ETC Guns were what they found. You know what ETC stands for or how it works?

Wersh: No. Could you explain for me?

Analyst Prole: ElectroThermal-Chemical

Wersh: Ah. So like a precursor to plasma?Electrical heat weapons?

Analyst Prole: The electric heat part is to spark the propellent, which is conventional.

Wersh: Ah, so a large fire-explosion based cannon on the modern scale.

Analyst Prole: A 120mm gun, just like the last one, but with a stronger barrel, stronger propellent, and a very hot spark to ignite the propellent, to send a heavy metal atrapid speed to the target.

Wersh: Wow.So like a Rail-Gun without the Electro magnetism.

Analyst Prole: The sabot is something like a needle, it goes right through things, this has beenaround for decades. According to research, rail-guns waste lots of energy to get comparatively low speeds.

Wersh: So this is, in theory and practice, better than a Rail-Gun?

Analyst Prole: Until you can produce and store vast amounts of electricity at low cost, yes. You might be wondering however, why this is different from the old guns or how it is.Would you say that?

Wersh: This seems like if you took a shotgun and shot a single, massive hypodermic needle at the speed of a shotgun slug.

Analyst Prole: Which is what has been done for decades and decades in most tanks, that is old technology. The speed achieved is amazing, much faster then a shotgun slug.

Wersh: It is amazing. How does it compare to a Rail-Gun?

Analyst Prole: Well, Rain-Guns would need gigantic batteries and massive guns to get heavy metals up to the speed needed. This is why people are considering putting them on naval ships that cost over a billion dollars.

Wersh: That is incredible. What kind of damage does this gun cause?

Analyst Prole: It either sends the heavy metal sabot through the tank like it's butter or it actually gets past armor that was thought impossible to get past. If the heavy metal isdepleted uranium, due to a chemical reaction, the cabin of the tank bursts intoflame. Again, this has been around for decades and decades. Goes to show that in 2018,we live in very advanced times.

Wersh: Indeed. Why is this not better known?

Analyst Prole: Sadly, not everyone on NS, or even MT RPers look into these kinds of things. However, this article is thus prepared to teach a bit about MT, before it pushespast it, which it is doing right now. Exciting stuff.

Wersh: Yes it is.

Analyst Prole: However, Wersh, while you were comparing this to WW2 technology and technology in sci-fi books, I think we missed something.

Wersh: And what is that? Modern Day?

Analyst Prole: Yes, modern day. Specificly, "why are ETC guns better then non ETC guns" and "why I brought up the failures of larger 140mm guns".

Wersh: The bigger the gun, the bigger the tank. The bigger the tank, the less practical. A syou said, roads become unusable, Bridges break, ammo is harder to manage andput into the gun itself. If a tank could deal that amount of damage with a 120 mmbarrel why go bigger?

Analyst Prole: Well, remember when I said the tank gun fires a sabot, something like a needle?

Wersh: Yes. Is that not what most tanks fire? Needle shaped projectiles?

Analyst Prole: Against other tanks, yes. The thing is, a sabot is a projectile or bullet smaller then the opening in the barrel it is fired out of.The 140mm gun and 120mm guns might have the exact same size of sabot.

Wersh: Hm; And why is that?

Analyst Prole: Making the sabot bigger isn't the point of making the gun bigger. The sabot is smaller then the barrel because it's meant to be like a fast needle, speed is key.

Wersh: As spoken like a famous YouTuber. Anyway, if it can go so fast, are there ways to counteract this? Every upside to anything has drawbacks.

Analyst Prole: The only drawback is recoil, cost, and factors like that.

Wersh: Really?

Analyst Prole: Yes.What I am trying to get here, is why the 140mm barrel is better then the 120mm barrel, despite maybe using the same projectile.

Wersh: I see. Anything else about this gun we need to know?

Analyst Prole: I'll give you a hint, speed is key.

Wersh: Just how speedy is the projectile? We never got to that.

Analyst Prole: Over 5,000 feet a second.

Wersh: Wow. Just wow.

Analyst Prole: The 140mm gun fires possibly the same projectile, but faster.

Wersh: That is almost a mile a second.

Analyst Prole: It is.That's what modern warfare demands.

Wersh: Jeez.

Analyst Prole: You see, the 140mm gun has a bigger barrel and that means you can cram more propellent in it. Which makes the sabot faster.

Wersh: Exactly. Newton's Laws in action! Equal and Opposite.

Analyst Prole: The faster the sabot goes, the harder it smacks into something. So, back to ETC, it's meant to do the 140mm in 120mm.

Wersh: And so it does. Amazing what technology can do.

Analyst Prole: You see, ETC uses denser propellent and thus gives more oompf then even the140mm guns would, in a smaller package.But, the issue is that propellent is harder to ignite.

Wersh: What is this propellant anyway?

Analyst Prole: I only know it's a denser, more powerful type of gunpowder, which is made in a labfrom a series of complex chemicals.

Wersh: Ah, so Classified.

Analyst Prole: Gunpowder has been very complex for something close to 80 years, even I don't understand it.

Wersh: Neither do I.

Analyst Prole: You see, ETC is needed to spark the powder. You need incredible heat to set this propellent off.

Wersh: Just how hot are we talking here? In the hundreds *C?Also known as the Thousands *F.

Analyst Prole: Hot enough that gas is turned into plasma, which the sun and lightning is madeform, it's a state of matter.

Wersh: Wow. It takes a state change to ignite this stuff. It must be very stable if that is thecase.

Analyst Prole: And, on top of that, ETC can spark liquid propellent.

Wersh: It can light Kerosene on fire?

Analyst Prole: Something more advanced then normal propellent.

Wersh: Ah.Still amazing.

Analyst Prole: Liquid propellent means you might be able to decide in the field how much propellent to use. A gun using it might use lots of propellent or very little, and thushave perfect control what speed it's ammo is fired out at.

Wersh: That also would help with range control.

Analyst Prole: And so, NS Draftboard figured out ETC, got it to a reasonably well explained standard, and then decided to unload it right onto the NS forums.

Wersh: What was the public reaction?

Analyst Prole: Lyras and VMK, the largest and former second largest miliary giants, built their storefronts off of technology like this.

Wersh: And how was this tech used in Role Play, as this site is so fond of it.

Analyst Prole: They and other industry giants got something close to 90-95% of all military contracts on the NS economics board.This tech was used to make the arms race worse and worse, till tanks started tocost 20 million dollars and use 140mm ETC guns or larger.

Wersh: Wow. So many nations went bankrupt making their army capable of defending themselves?

Analyst Prole: Most buyers actually could afford this technology, and many of them used it oneach other. The nations that released this stuff became the richest nations on NS. The technology soon got cheap enough that it cost almost what normal guns cost,with tanks in the 6-8 million NSD range being normal.

Wersh: Wow. That is a good price point.

Analyst Prole: Indeed and it will be a long while in NS or RL till we get anything better. NS MT isso extreme, that they did the 120mm ETC instead of the 140mm gun, and then just made the 140mm ETC anyways.

Wersh: This is truly an enlightening experience. Thank you for this chance to discuss this.

Analyst Prole: And thank you for your help.

Wersh: Don't mention it. I was happy to come on.

Analyst Prole: Tune in next time, where I try to explain the mysterious of Dauntless armor, ...and maybe have to explain how modern body armor works as well... because Dauntlessis really really good modern body armor.It'll be like how ETC and standard guns are.

Interview with Regional Officer Zukchiva
By Libertanny

Once again, EPNS Pub was hosting an interview between two famous executives of the East Pacific. Both Zukchiva and Libertanny (Serge) entered the pub, choosing a place next to the garden. Serge oppened his pack of cigarettes and proposed one of them to Zukchiva. With a hand gesture, Zukchiva refused to take one. Then, the interview has started.

Serge: Good evening Zukchiva, or shall I say, Officer Zukchiva? I've been waiting and observing your for quite a moment and I am more than happy to have an interview with you.

Zukchiva: That's cool! What's your questions?

Serge: So, as it's known, I have been in Nation States for more than year now, however, my East Pacifician career is relativey short. Would you mind telling me your story of how you became an executive in East Pacifician Government?

Zukchiva: Basically, I was on a TEP server one day. I forgot which server, but I was talking with our Delegate Yuno, along with citizen, and now Magister Trukya. Yuno said that me and Trukya should try out the Culture Ministry. So I decided to follow her advice, and I signed up and was accepted! Honestly it still to this day is my favorite ministry!

Serge: Mhm. Would you mind telling our readers how is it to be a worker of Ministry of Culture? What does a "culture man" do?

Zukchiva: Well, being a part of Culture means I have to help plan out events. Lots of drafting polls and ideas. it's a pretty neat and creative Ministry!

Serge: Mhm. And so, after you got started with Culture, what was your next steps?

Zukchiva: Well, at first I was not going to join any other Ministry. But then I realized that I wanted to do more things in the East Pacific. So I applied to Foreign Affairs, and later to Immigration. I also began doing my duty in the East Pacific Police Service.

Serge: Seeing that you work in so many Ministries. Do you think that the government lacks new workers or it's just your love to region? If it's the first option, do you think that new executives are welcome?

Zukchiva: It definitely lacks new workers. As older workers leave the East Pacific and/or take lesser roles, we do not have an influx of new executive members ready to work as what used to be the norm when I joined. New executives are definitely always welcome. However they should be prepared to work, have fun, and most importantly contribute to their ministry and be active.

Serge: Hm. So thank you for answering this question, but, do you have any ideas on how to recruit new people?

Zukchiva: Honestly, I don't have any ideas based on long term recruitment. However I do believe you were the one who proposed the idea of checking the citizen application threads. I believe you wanted to have the ministry members recruit the citizens who wanted to join their specific ministry, and I agree with you. However, I do plan one day to make a telegram explaining why joining the executive branch is a good thing to do, and how it benefits you. As well as a forum navigation tutorial for new people who find it hard to navigate the forums and become discouraged, and ultimately do not join the government. Hopefully, this will spark some interest in the executive.

Serge: Seems very interesting. I am glad to hear we have such an ambitious workers in Government. However, the main reason I decided to mett with with you is you becoming a Regional Officer. Many East Pacificians have no clue on who is an RO and how does one become one. Can you explain our readers how it all works on your example?

Zukchiva: Well, basically a Regional Officer is a person granted powers by the Delegate in a region. The powers can vary depending on what the Delegate gives: Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, Polls. To become an RO, you need to prove you are worthy to the region. You need to be active, work hard, and try to do your best for the East Pacific. The region is a meritocracy, the only way you can become an RO is through hard work and dedication.

Serge: Mhm. And since we have many ambitious executives, do you think that there is a place for a new RO?

Zukchiva: Currently, I do not know. Assuming the Vizers need to keep their abilities to help fend off coupers, there really is no spot left I believe. However it is obvious a spot will open up in the future. When it does happen, the people who work hard and actively rather will become an RO.

Serge: Okay, sadly the end of the interview is coming. Is there anything you would like to add?

Zukchiva: Mainly just do the best you can. If you try, you can do it obviously. Willpower is the best virtue to have.
Thanks for having me.

Serge: Thank you for the interview. Hope to see you again in the nearest future!
The official source for information from the government of The East Pacific.
Forum | Discord | Dispatch

Minister: Rosari

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:59 am

Any WFE I write after a KR liberation is bound to be snarky on some level. Also, technically Sev set the password. I spent the vast majority of all the influence I got purging.

Credit also to TWP for early support in Florencia. They had to leave to support their Delegacy transfer, but their help was appreciated when they were present.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Good evening, The East Pacifc.

I write this post as an individual. While I draw on my administrative experience in writing this, I am not writing as an administrator, member, or other representative of any region.

I’m posting in your thread today because you maintain an embassy with The South Pacific, which according to their forums, means you are an ally.

I’d like to bring to your attention, should they not already be in it, some recent events that have been happening in The South Pacific, that I’d hope would concern you.

1) 6 weeks ago, The South Pacific issued several proscriptions. Among those proscriptions was one aimed at me. Within that proscription, the cabinet:

>Repeats a claim they’ve made concerning an interaction I once had with Imkitopia, which Imki herself says she does not wanted used, because it is a “non-issue.” Bonus.
>Puts words into TWP’s mouth while vaguely accusing me of “ill-suited conduct.”
>Puts words into your own region's mouth while accusing me of “blackmail,” something their criminal code solidifies as a very serious accusation, something they’ve shown no evidence for, and something which one of you officials confirms is nonsense.
Items 2 and 3 there have been quietly walked back to a degree in my suit on the matter in their court system (which you may find useful to read for more detail), but remain in the official Proscription, and without public withdrawal/correction.

2) Nearly 2 weeks ago, the administrative team in The South Pacific issued an administrative ban of prominent members (and political enemies of sections of the admin team) Tim and Escade, shortly after both they and several admins received a 48 hour discord posting ban. In the announcement, they are accused by a root admin of “clear and ongoing harassment,” a claim that the Prime Minister supports, and which another root admin adds a claim of “targeted bullying” to. These are very serious claims, of course, and several members of The South Pacific reasonably asked for evidence of. The admin team has, instead, refused to share evidence or even specific details of claims with the accused or anyone else outside their team, largely only saying that “various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.” When pressed further, the only details provided are entirely to do with regional politics and not harassment, and even name a political recall process against the banned players as an example of an administrative warning. Other administrators have confirmed that no evidence has yet been forwarded to them.

This whole process, accusations of harassment without evidence or intent to provide evidence (as repeatedly stressed), is not only against TSP’s own Forum Moderation Policy which states ” Do not make false accusations in order to tarnish the reputations of other people. If you make an accusation, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient proof,” but is also against the basic standards of good moderation. For example, TSP’s most recent prior announced administrative ban in their operations center mirrored the result of a Europeian investigation which, while on the less detailed end of the spectrum for Europeia’s investigative work, still makes clear and specific accusations, explicitly mentions that they have specific and relevant evidence that *supports* personal testimony, and which presumably in line with Euro’s usual administrative processed, is available for further inquiry by other admin teams. Meanwhile, TSP makes excuses not to share evidence that include “The admins aren't going to do anything that will just give Tim and Escade ammo from wherever they plant their feet after TSP,” and (paraphrasing this time), ‘it’d be too hard to draw specific evidence out of a litany of quotes without context.’ Historically, the spread of such unverified claims, even with expressed intent to provide verification in the near future, has been met with incredible (and rightful) backlash. In this case, the only intent shown has been to avoid going into any detail at all. Regardless of the debate as to whether or not bans were warranted, I think we can generally agree that accusations of harassment with no intent to provide proof in the present or future are not something we support.

3) In the course of this matter being brought into the public light, it’s come out that three out of the four administrators in TSP, along with the current Prime Minister, hang out with the player Unibot in a private server. As you likely know, Unibot is a player that, for good reasons that cannot be discussed here, is banned from most every large region and their offsite communication areas with extreme prejudice, including your own, and who is near-universally barred from even attending public offsite Gameplay community events. The fourth, uninvolved administrator effectively confirms this, in a post mentioning the fact that Tim once brought this matter up, in a post that can best be summed up as (not an actual quote) "questioning this association is fine, but also not fine, because we're using questioning it as one of our few explicit reasons why you deserved your ban, because it's 'smearing,' and you're questioning it in bad faith because you were asked to calm down about it but did not." While policing who others associate with is not often a level to which we go as a community, there are indeed individuals whom we strive to isolate from Gameplay, and the majority of those running TSP associating closely with such an individual seems to me like cause for concern.

Further complicating all of these issues is that the chance of internal action occurring to resolve any of them is incredibly low. The only two bodies in TSP that can potentially provide consequences like removing an admin under current TSP law are “the admin team” and “the high court.” Two out of the three high court justices *are* involved administrators, and for bonus points, the third involved administrator is the chair of TSP legislative body, and the fourth involved person is the Prime Minister, head of the Cabinet (executive).

For more information on all of these matters and more, I would suggest taking the time to read threads I have linked throughout in full, notably, the one announcing the administrative ban, as well as either the last 13 pages of the TSP thread (including the proscriptions) or the last 6 pages (including just the bans+unibot). I would also be happy to do my best to point you at existing prior posts that might answer questions you may have.

As mentioned, it has been nearly two weeks since the latter two issues have come to light, with no visible movement on them in over a week. As a region with notable diplomatic ties with TSP, do you condone this sort of not-typically-acceptable behavior in both foreign interactions and administrative policy? If you do not find it acceptable, do you plan to take any actions expressing such, such as a public condemnation of these activities, and/or consequences for not resolving them?

Thank you for your time.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:54 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Good evening, The East Pacifc.

I write this post as an individual. While I draw on my administrative experience in writing this, I am not writing as an administrator, member, or other representative of any region.

I’m posting in your thread today because you maintain an embassy with The South Pacific, which according to their forums, means you are an ally.

I’d like to bring to your attention, should they not already be in it, some recent events that have been happening in The South Pacific, that I’d hope would concern you.

1) 6 weeks ago, The South Pacific issued several proscriptions. Among those proscriptions was one aimed at me. Within that proscription, the cabinet:

>Repeats a claim they’ve made concerning an interaction I once had with Imkitopia, which Imki herself says she does not wanted used, because it is a “non-issue.” Bonus.
>Puts words into TWP’s mouth while vaguely accusing me of “ill-suited conduct.”
>Puts words into your own region's mouth while accusing me of “blackmail,” something their criminal code solidifies as a very serious accusation, something they’ve shown no evidence for, and something which one of you officials confirms is nonsense.
Items 2 and 3 there have been quietly walked back to a degree in my suit on the matter in their court system (which you may find useful to read for more detail), but remain in the official Proscription, and without public withdrawal/correction.

2) Nearly 2 weeks ago, the administrative team in The South Pacific issued an administrative ban of prominent members (and political enemies of sections of the admin team) Tim and Escade, shortly after both they and several admins received a 48 hour discord posting ban. In the announcement, they are accused by a root admin of “clear and ongoing harassment,” a claim that the Prime Minister supports, and which another root admin adds a claim of “targeted bullying” to. These are very serious claims, of course, and several members of The South Pacific reasonably asked for evidence of. The admin team has, instead, refused to share evidence or even specific details of claims with the accused or anyone else outside their team, largely only saying that “various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.” When pressed further, the only details provided are entirely to do with regional politics and not harassment, and even name a political recall process against the banned players as an example of an administrative warning. Other administrators have confirmed that no evidence has yet been forwarded to them.

This whole process, accusations of harassment without evidence or intent to provide evidence (as repeatedly stressed), is not only against TSP’s own Forum Moderation Policy which states ” Do not make false accusations in order to tarnish the reputations of other people. If you make an accusation, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient proof,” but is also against the basic standards of good moderation. For example, TSP’s most recent prior announced administrative ban in their operations center mirrored the result of a Europeian investigation which, while on the less detailed end of the spectrum for Europeia’s investigative work, still makes clear and specific accusations, explicitly mentions that they have specific and relevant evidence that *supports* personal testimony, and which presumably in line with Euro’s usual administrative processed, is available for further inquiry by other admin teams. Meanwhile, TSP makes excuses not to share evidence that include “The admins aren't going to do anything that will just give Tim and Escade ammo from wherever they plant their feet after TSP,” and (paraphrasing this time), ‘it’d be too hard to draw specific evidence out of a litany of quotes without context.’ Historically, the spread of such unverified claims, even with expressed intent to provide verification in the near future, has been met with incredible (and rightful) backlash. In this case, the only intent shown has been to avoid going into any detail at all. Regardless of the debate as to whether or not bans were warranted, I think we can generally agree that accusations of harassment with no intent to provide proof in the present or future are not something we support.

3) In the course of this matter being brought into the public light, it’s come out that three out of the four administrators in TSP, along with the current Prime Minister, hang out with the player Unibot in a private server. As you likely know, Unibot is a player that, for good reasons that cannot be discussed here, is banned from most every large region and their offsite communication areas with extreme prejudice, including your own, and who is near-universally barred from even attending public offsite Gameplay community events. The fourth, uninvolved administrator effectively confirms this, in a post mentioning the fact that Tim once brought this matter up, in a post that can best be summed up as (not an actual quote) "questioning this association is fine, but also not fine, because we're using questioning it as one of our few explicit reasons why you deserved your ban, because it's 'smearing,' and you're questioning it in bad faith because you were asked to calm down about it but did not." While policing who others associate with is not often a level to which we go as a community, there are indeed individuals whom we strive to isolate from Gameplay, and the majority of those running TSP associating closely with such an individual seems to me like cause for concern.

Further complicating all of these issues is that the chance of internal action occurring to resolve any of them is incredibly low. The only two bodies in TSP that can potentially provide consequences like removing an admin under current TSP law are “the admin team” and “the high court.” Two out of the three high court justices *are* involved administrators, and for bonus points, the third involved administrator is the chair of TSP legislative body, and the fourth involved person is the Prime Minister, head of the Cabinet (executive).

For more information on all of these matters and more, I would suggest taking the time to read threads I have linked throughout in full, notably, the one announcing the administrative ban, as well as either the last 13 pages of the TSP thread (including the proscriptions) or the last 6 pages (including just the bans+unibot). I would also be happy to do my best to point you at existing prior posts that might answer questions you may have.

As mentioned, it has been nearly two weeks since the latter two issues have come to light, with no visible movement on them in over a week. As a region with notable diplomatic ties with TSP, do you condone this sort of not-typically-acceptable behavior in both foreign interactions and administrative policy? If you do not find it acceptable, do you plan to take any actions expressing such, such as a public condemnation of these activities, and/or consequences for not resolving them?

Thank you for your time.

Why didn't I get such a fancy message? Not even via TG? Are regions being discriminated based upon having an embassy thread? You sent this to all GCRs which share embassies with TSP, all but TP. Reasons?
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:10 am

He seems to have handpicked 4 regions only.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:20 am

Consular wrote:He seems to have handpicked 4 regions only.

Doesn't handpicking defeats the purpose of it being such a "concerning issue"? - I do not want to draw any assumptions at this point, but handpicking would actually indicate strategical motives instead of moralist ones :roll:
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:13 am

I did the same thing. Time constraints are a thing.

Pergamon wrote:

Doesn't handpicking defeats the purpose of it being such a "concerning issue"? - I do not want to draw any assumptions at this point, but handpicking would actually indicate strategical motives instead of moralist ones :roll:

Meh

Would you feel better if I sent you a tele containing my concerns about the matter?
Last edited by Aclion on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:22 am

It's no surprise TRR got one. We've been TSP's best friend for years. :P
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay