NATION

PASSWORD

What is Raiding and Defending?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

What is Raiding and Defending?

Postby He Qixin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Sorry for being stupid and not asking this earlier, but I just want to know what is Raiding and Defending.
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Raiding and Defending: Two entirely needless ideologies that resolve around game mechanics.

Raiding and Defending also: Game mechanics that are used for regional Warfare in NS.

I prefer to call "Raiding", "Invading", it's closer to what it actually means: moving into another region with multiple WA nations to elect a candidate of your choice to take over that region.
Defending: Moving into an region which is being invaded like this to back up/support the resident Delegate.

This is a very simplistic, yet exact explanation.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm

He Qixin wrote:Sorry for being stupid and not asking this earlier, but I just want to know what is Raiding and Defending.

Read this short guide https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=940886
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
He Qixin wrote:Sorry for being stupid and not asking this earlier, but I just want to know what is Raiding and Defending.

Read this short guide https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=940886

Okay, thanks! :)
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

NotAtlantis
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NotAtlantis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:02 am

Pergamon wrote:I prefer to call "Raiding", "Invading", it's closer to what it actually means: moving into another region with multiple WA nations to elect a candidate of your choice to take over that region.
Defending: Moving into an region which is being invaded like this to back up/support the resident Delegate.

This is a very good explanation of what they are. When a region is raided it is when members from another region move a lot of their members to another region and gain political power in their new region. Once they gain enough power they start to ban, native of the new region and putting their own in power. This causes many people to lose their region and is why you may often see the Security Council Proposals asking to "Liberate _____" because some nations want to get their region back.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 am

It's dumb and arbitrary. Like most NS ideologies, then.
Last edited by Malphe on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Return to Gameplay