NATION

PASSWORD

NSGP Historical Timeline

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:35 am

I could probably whip up some defender information for this, especially items surrounding my own timeline. Just give me a free afternoon that likely won't ever come.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 am

Does anyone remember the date of that big Nazi conference that all the GCRs went to a couple of years ago? Having almost all of them on the same page attempting to do something I would consider historic.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Harmoneia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Harmoneia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

October 19th, 2011 - Hours after being founded, the battle for Balder begins. Solorni from Europeia and Unibot from the United Defenders League both camp out in Balder. Eventually, the UDL secures Balder.

You might want to mention the same thing with Osiris. Wordy (10kI and their allies) secured the delegacy to ensure that a proper government and fair elections were established.

Also, you may want to consult with Fratt on many other things. He's really a walking history book with most of the data to boot. :P

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

Harmoneia wrote:
October 19th, 2011 - Hours after being founded, the battle for Balder begins. Solorni from Europeia and Unibot from the United Defenders League both camp out in Balder. Eventually, the UDL secures Balder.

You might want to mention the same thing with Osiris. Wordy (10kI and their allies) secured the delegacy to ensure that a proper government and fair elections were established.

Also, you may want to consult with Fratt on many other things. He's really a walking history book with most of the data to boot. :P

Got it, Harm. :P

I will talk to Fratt later today.

Feux wrote:Does anyone remember the date of that big Nazi conference that all the GCRs went to a couple of years ago? Having almost all of them on the same page attempting to do something I would consider historic.

Feux, do you mean the CAIN one? If so, I think it was in 2014/2015.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I could probably whip up some defender information for this, especially items surrounding my own timeline. Just give me a free afternoon that likely won't ever come.

That would be helpful, Thomas.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 am

It was before CAIN. There is a new anti-Nazi alliances every couple of years.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 am

Feux wrote:It was before CAIN. There is a new anti-Nazi alliances every couple of years.

Hm. Was it only antifascist or communist as well?

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 am

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
Feux wrote:It was before CAIN. There is a new anti-Nazi alliances every couple of years.

It was only antifascist, hosted by the Pacific, and it resulted in Liberate Nazi Europe.
Always Changing Shapes

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:35 am

Feux wrote:

It was only antifascist, hosted by the Pacific, and it resulted in Liberate Nazi Europe.

I'll do some research on it.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm

How's the research going, Marilyn? Do you plan to add more to the timeline any time soon?
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:17 pm

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:How's the research going, Marilyn? Do you plan to add more to the timeline any time soon?

The research is going great, thanks for asking. I'll be adding more soon once I'm on a computer. When I do edit my original post, I'll edit this post saying what I added.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:35 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:How's the research going, Marilyn? Do you plan to add more to the timeline any time soon?

The research is going great, thanks for asking. I'll be adding more soon once I'm on a computer. When I do edit my original post, I'll edit this post saying what I added.

Cool, should be interesting to see how this shapes up.
Malphe Vytherov

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:09 pm

November-December[?] 2017 - The region of Philippines is liberated by the defender forces.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Oakrugia wrote:November-December[?] 2017 - The region of Philippines is liberated by the defender forces.
December 23, 2017
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Oakrugia wrote:November-December[?] 2017 - The region of Philippines is liberated by the defender forces.
December 23, 2017

Just in time for Christmas Eve.
Last edited by Lenlyvit on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Odd that you kind of think of 2002-2007ish as the dark ages of NS, but it’s 2006-2011 where the five-year history gap is... although there are plenty of people who were around at that time who might know what happened
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 am

Fauxia wrote:Odd that you kind of think of 2002-2007ish as the dark ages of NS, but it’s 2006-2011 where the five-year history gap is... although there are plenty of people who were around at that time who might know what happened

I don't think of the 2002-2007 gap as the dark age. I personally believe it was the renaissance of NS, a golden age of some sort.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:21 am

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:October 23rd, 2013 - Belschaft declares Lazarus-TSP alliance defunct.

Kinda nice to see my name mentioned (yay, ego boost!) but this is a tad inaccurate. It was actually Milograd who ended the TSP-Lazarus alliance defunct, after I closed the in-game embassy in protest at his appointment as Delegate.
Last edited by Belschaft on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:38 am

Fauxia wrote:Odd that you kind of think of 2002-2007ish as the dark ages of NS, but it’s 2006-2011 where the five-year history gap is... although there are plenty of people who were around at that time who might know what happened

I don't think of the 2002-2007 gap as the dark age. I personally believe it was the renaissance of NS, a golden age of some sort.

NS was created on the 13th of November 2002. How, then, can a renaissance begin when the thing that's being Renaissanced has only just started? :blink:
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 am

Belschaft wrote:
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:October 23rd, 2013 - Belschaft declares Lazarus-TSP alliance defunct.

Kinda nice to see my name mentioned (yay, ego boost!) but this is a tad inaccurate. It was actually Milograd who ended the TSP-Lazarus alliance defunct, after I closed the in-game embassy in protest at his appointment as Delegate.

Oops, I'll tweak it!

Tinhampton wrote:

NS was created on the 13th of November 2002. How, then, can a renaissance begin when the thing that's being Renaissanced has only just started? :blink:

I mean the gap between, I don't mean the exact year. I believe it is the golden age of NS because of the great developments that took place in that period of time.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 pm

I just mean not a ton is known about it

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Belschaft wrote:

I edited it to say you were backing Milo.

Fauxia wrote:
I just mean not a ton is known about it

True, hopefully when this timeline has more info, it won't be considered the dark age.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:57 am

Belschaft wrote:Kinda nice to see my name mentioned (yay, ego boost!) but this is a tad inaccurate. It was actually Milograd who ended the TSP-Lazarus alliance defunct, after I closed the in-game embassy in protest at his appointment as Delegate.

That is even less accurate, to the point of being the exact opposite of what I was doing.
Last edited by Belschaft on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Belschaft wrote:

This was an amazing time. :p
Always Changing Shapes

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Belschaft wrote:

That is even less accurate, to the point of being the exact opposite of what I was doing.

I'll just mention Milo then.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Dear GPers,

I am resigning from every position I currently hold. I've not been feeling good in RL, and I probably won't really be active again until I feel better. Of course I'll login once a month to make sure my nations survive, however I won't participate in gameplay until I feel well again. Remember, this isn't because of anyone here. I'm seriously not feeling good, and I'll be gone for a while. I'll probably be inactive at least until April. This timeline will remain in its current state until I'm back. I'll miss you all! :)

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay