NATION

PASSWORD

NSGP Historical Timeline

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

NSGP Historical Timeline

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

November 12th/13th, 2002 - NationStates is created.
December 31st, 2002 - The South Pacific is founded.
(The North Pacific was only a few days later at most)

February 11th, 2003 - Kandarin joins NationStates.
March 16th, 2003 - Atlantic Alliance (AA) is formed.
April 19th, 2003 - AA establishes The West Pacific as a forward base.
April 27th, 2003 - The Rejected Realms is created.
May 5th, 2003 - AA mission in Iraq ends in failure.
May 28th, 2003 - Rejected Realms Army (RRA) is formed.
June 2nd, 2003 - 1 Infinite Loop, a prominent Farker, becomes delegate of The East Pacific.
August 28, 2003 - Francos Spain coups The Pacific and forms The New Pacific Order.
December 25th, 2003 - The flag of the New Pacific Order (NPO) is created.

June 17, 2004 - UPS Rail, a NPO puppet, takes the Delegacy of The North Pacific
July 15, 2004 - Francos Spain goes inactive, never logging back on until 2011. Before ceasing to exist, NPO members pleaded with moderators to move him from The Rejected Realms back to The Pacific so he could CTE in peace. Even Francos Spain's biggest rival, Crazy girl, agreed with this request. However, the moderators did not.
July 28, 2004 - The NPO is deposed in TNP.

April 24th, 2005 - Lone Wolves United is founded.
July 2nd, 2005 - The Black Hawks is founded.

March 17th, 2011 - The Rejected Realms ratifies its constitution.
May 20th, 2011 - Sedgistan, using the nation Devonitians, coups the South Pacific.
October 18th/19th, 2011 - Balder and Osiris are created to resolve capacity issues in Lazarus.
October 19th, 2011 - Hours after being founded, the battle for Balder begins. Solorni from Europeia and Unibot from the United Defenders League both camp out in Balder. Eventually, the UDL secures Balder.
October 19th, 2011 - As Balder is being secured by the UDL, 10,000 Islands Treaty Organization (TITO) takes Osiris. Now protected, Osiris has time to become stable.
October 26th, 2011 - Luxembourg legally replaces Unibot (Robin Hood) as the delegate of Balder.
November 22nd, 2011 - After couping Balder and banjecting quite a few people, Luxembourg is removed as delegate

April 17th, 2013 - Solorni becomes the delegate of Balder.
April 20th, 2013 - Milograd coups The South Pacific
April 30th, 2013 - Milograd ousted from the South Pacific
July 28th, 2013 - Balder withdraws from the Pan-Sinker Security Pact.
July 30th, 2013 - Osiris withdraws from the Pan-Sinker Security Pact.
July 31st, 2013 - Europeia severs ties with The NPO.
October 23rd, 2013 - Balder severs ties with Lazarus.
October 23rd, 2013 - Milograd declares Lazarus-TSP alliance defunct.
November 18th, 2013 - Europeia severs ties with Lazarus.

June 10th, 2014 - Osiris severs ties with Lazarus.
July 21st, 2014 - World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) is created.
August 4th, 2014 - Kantrias severs ties with the South Pacific.
August 28th, 2014 - Osiris declares war on Lazarus.

April 2nd, 2016 - Predator punishments are handed out, DEN and Cimmeria are deleted.

April 18th, 2016 - The first Osiris Fraternal Order is coup’ed.

October 29, 2016 - Founderless Regions Alliance is dissolved.

July 24th, 2017 - Funkadelia coups Lazarus, and banjects numerous natives. Later, he abolishes the native government of the Celestial Union.

December 23, 2017 -Philippines is liberated by defender forces.

January 27th, 2018 - Westphalia, a member of the recently-launched defender organization, SWORD, is raided by a coalition of invader forces led by The Black Hawks.

March 13th, 2018 - Funkadelia hands the delegacy over to Aleister AKA Lamb Stone of Lone Wolves United. Lamb then proceeds to abolish Funk's illegitimate government and decorate the World Factbook Entry with Lone Wolves United propaganda. The government is changed from the Undead Dominion to the Khanate of Lazarus.

April 22nd, 2018 - Imkiville banjects Killer Kitty (Evil Wolf) and his cronies from Lazarus, toppling the wolfist regime and freeing Lazarus from Lone Wolves United.

So yeah, that's what I have so far. I'm open to suggestions of what to add. Remember, this is a work in progress!
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 am, edited 16 times in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:04 pm

#allregionsmatter #endGCRnewscycle
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

I get the desire to help write down history. I also get that it is cool to be the person to lead a thread that one hopes to be valuable and have good buzz. But honestly, I personally feel like this is getting ridiculous, MM. These constant historical threads of yours show minimal work. You haven't been playing long so you have a disadvantage in knowing a lot of things that happened. So why not actually take the time and reach out to players personally and build something substantial before posting it? Otherwise, I suspect this thread will turn out like basically all of your other threads. A few posts before being forgotten. Honestly, it's just becoming spam at this point. The GP forum should not be treated like the GA/SC forum.

I would personally value much more a OP of a thread with a lot of information and citations. Like actual substantial research. To actually make a good GP timeline probably will take at least several months. So if you want the glory of being the OP who puts it together, actually do the work. I don't see how these threads are helping anyone otherwise.
Last edited by Jakker on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:05 pm

I wouldn’t be as harsh about it, but I kind of agree with Jakker. There should be a lot more before this goes to the forum.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Jakker wrote:I get the desire to help write down history. I also get that it is cool to be the person to lead a thread that one hopes to be valuable and have good buzz. But honestly, I personally feel like this is getting ridiculous, MM. These constant historical threads of yours show minimal work. You haven't been playing long so you have a disadvantage in knowing a lot of things that happened. So why not actually take the time and reach out to players personally and build something substantial before posting it? Otherwise, I suspect this thread will turn out like basically all of your other threads. A few posts before being forgotten. Honestly, it's just becoming spam at this point. The GP forum should not be treated like the GA/SC forum.

I would personally value much more a OP of a thread with a lot of information and citations. Like actual substantial research. To actually make a good GP timeline probably will take at least several months. So if you want the glory of being the OP who puts it together, actually do the work. I don't see how these threads are helping anyone otherwise.

I have researched past GP, so I am going to see this project to the end. Also, I don't care about the glory. I just wish to help future GP understand it's roots. Lastly, my past projects have been abandoned because they were deemed "unneeded" by other players. I'd love it if you could provide some notable raiding events of the past. :)

I DMed you on Discord.

Fauxia wrote:I wouldn’t be as harsh about it, but I kind of agree with Jakker. There should be a lot more before this goes to the forum.

Faux, I posted it because I'd like the input of other players who could possibly help me on organizing this and adding more events.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
Jakker wrote:Faux, I posted it because I'd like the input of other players who could possibly help me on organizing this and adding more events.

If you actually want help, take the initiative and reach out to players. It just comes off as lazy if you post minimal info with the hope that others will put more for you.

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Lastly, my past projects have been abandoned because they were deemed "unneeded" by other players.

Then I am going to assume that you actually reached out to players this time and got confirmation that a timeline is needed? If so, those players who said yes are a good place to start with.
Last edited by Jakker on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Jakker wrote:

If you actually want help, take the initiative and reach out to players. It just comes off as lazy if you post minimal info with the hope that others will put more for you.

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Lastly, my past projects have been abandoned because they were deemed "unneeded" by other players.

Then I am going to assume that you actually reached out to players this time and got confirmation that a timeline is needed? If so, those players who said yes are a good place to start with.

Yes, I have reached out to other players. Also, I don't hope that others will put for me. I posted it early so I could brainstorm what to include and what not to. Well, I'm getting off now.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 pm

July 2005 - The Black Hawks is formed.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Why is the date of the creating of the NPO flag listed but the August revolution not, anyway?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Oakrugia wrote:July 2005 - The Black Hawks is formed.

To expand:
Lone Wolves United: 24 April, 2005
The Black Hawks: 2 July 2005
Unknown: 12 January 2009
Souce: All 3 regions RMBs
And I've been told that those are the 3 oldest raiding orgs still in existence.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Oakrugia
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Oakrugia wrote:July 2005 - The Black Hawks is formed.

To expand:
Lone Wolves United: 24 April, 2005
The Black Hawks: 2 July 2005
Unknown: 12 January 2009
Souce: All 3 regions RMBs
And I've been told that those are the 3 oldest raiding orgs still in existence.

Yep, I totally forgot those regions too.
Bye.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:33 am

Fauxia wrote:Why is the date of the creating of the NPO flag listed but the August revolution not, anyway?

I couldn't remember the exact date.

Remember it's a work in progress.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Sammuramat
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Sammuramat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:18 am

Fauxia wrote:Why is the date of the creating of the NPO flag listed but the August revolution not, anyway?

Was it really that difficult to look up? Or would looking it up have taken more time than you spent on the rest of it together :P

I honestly don't understand why you're posting a work in progress when it needs a lot more progress, even things that would take just a couple hours, like finding dates of the August Revolution or the establishment of the Pan-Sinker Security Pact, dates for various other important treaties, coups, important delegacy changes... it seems like this was just done off the top of your head. If you want to make a significant project from this, it would really help to put a little more work and research in, because if you don't care enough to put in that work, why would other interested historians do that for you instead of putting work into their own timelines?

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:28 am

Sammuramat wrote:

Was it really that difficult to look up? Or would looking it up have taken more time than you spent on the rest of it together :P

I honestly don't understand why you're posting a work in progress when it needs a lot more progress, even things that would take just a couple hours, like finding dates of the August Revolution or the establishment of the Pan-Sinker Security Pact, dates for various other important treaties, coups, important delegacy changes... it seems like this was just done off the top of your head. If you want to make a significant project from this, it would really help to put a little more work and research in, because if you don't care enough to put in that work, why would other interested historians do that for you instead of putting work into their own timelines?

I have other things to do than this, and also, it's not that hard. Other historians don't have to do that for me.

I already have other things compiled in a personal Google Document that I'm going to place on here. I'll edit my post once I get even more dates. It was not done off the top of my head, :rofl:

If I knew all of this off the top of my head, I would already have a completed timeline.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 am

This looks like something you could have put a lot more effort into before posting.

I'm in general agreement with Jakker on the topic.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am

06/02/2003

1 Infinte Loop becomes Delegate of TEP

08/16/2008

Empire invades TEP
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:37 am

Might want to add some things about UCRs, specifically, you should probably add TRE, Firehelm, Spirtitus, some other regions I can't think of... Good start, but needs work. HyCom should be on. TBR, Den, Predator, etc.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Vulturret wrote:Might want to add some things about UCRs, specifically, you should probably add TRE, Firehelm, Spirtitus, some other regions I can't think of... Good start, but needs work. HyCom should be on. TBR, Den, Predator, etc.

I'm currently trying to find the date DEN members were deleted for using Predator.

The Atlae Isles wrote:06/02/2003

1 Infinte Loop becomes Delegate of TEP

08/16/2008

Empire invades TEP

Thanks, Atlae.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Galiantus III
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus III » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:12 pm

On the subject of UCRs, you should include Gatesville.
The goal of Socialism is Fascism.
#JKRowling #realfeminism #libertarian #conservative #christian #nomandates

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

Fratt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Vulturret wrote:Might want to add some things about UCRs, specifically, you should probably add TRE, Firehelm, Spirtitus, some other regions I can't think of... Good start, but needs work. HyCom should be on. TBR, Den, Predator, etc.

I'm currently trying to find the date DEN members were deleted for using Predator.

It's not particularly hard.
In this specific case you could:
a) search the NS forum for all topics in the GP subforum with 'Predator' in their title;
b) look at the RR population graph and see when there was a spike due to DEN and its related puppet dumps getting shut down;
c) look up in the Boneyard when any of the players who got puppetswept because of it ceased to exist.

Repeat with this or similar methods for other dates you're interested in. :P
A spambot wrote:
You said that the NPO should not change it's core culture.

Literally everyone else, including the NPO, realizes and understands that NPO culture is the problem.
I'm sure these are the best towel warmers and it will come in handy here.
So you either don't realize that the NPO's core culture caused a war and the subversion of countless regions, or you just don't care.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm

All you had to do was look up "NationStates Predator Deletions" on google amd the first search result is correct. April 2, 2016

Coraxion was DOSed on March 18, 2016. Texasa was punished on May 31, 2016, and his appeal was granted July 1, 2016. Then, he eventually got DOSed anyway...
Last edited by Fauxia on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 am

Okay, all these dates will be added tommorow, and I will add some other things.

Currently, I'm going to go out and celebrate a friend's birthday with him.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Oakrugia
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 pm

June[?] 2017 - The “Lazarene Civil War” begins.
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 pm

August 28, 2003- Francos Spain takes the Delegacy of The Pacific
June 17, 2004- UPS Rail, an NPO puppet, takes the Delegacy of The North Pacific
July 15, 2004- Francos Spain goes inactive, never logging back on until 2011.
July 28, 2004- The NPO is deposed in TNP

The First actual LazCoup thing (Coup Stopped in Lazarus) was on July 24, 2017

April 18, 2016- The first Osiris Fraternal Order is coup’ed.
April 2, 2016- Predator punishments are handed out, DEN and Cimmeria deleted
April 20, 2013- Milograd coups The South Pacific
April 30, 2013- Milograd ousted from the South Pacific
October 29, 2016- Founderless Regions Alliance is dissolved

May 20(?), 2011- Devonitians (I believe that’s Sedgistan, correct?) coups the South Pacific
April 16(?), 2013- Solorni/Rach elected Delegate of Balder for the first time
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 am

Fauxia wrote:August 28, 2003- Francos Spain takes the Delegacy of The Pacific
June 17, 2004- UPS Rail, an NPO puppet, takes the Delegacy of The North Pacific
July 15, 2004- Francos Spain goes inactive, never logging back on until 2011.
July 28, 2004- The NPO is deposed in TNP

The First actual LazCoup thing (Coup Stopped in Lazarus) was on July 24, 2017

April 18, 2016- The first Osiris Fraternal Order is coup’ed.
April 2, 2016- Predator punishments are handed out, DEN and Cimmeria deleted
April 20, 2013- Milograd coups The South Pacific
April 30, 2013- Milograd ousted from the South Pacific
October 29, 2016- Founderless Regions Alliance is dissolved

May 20(?), 2011- Devonitians (I believe that’s Sedgistan, correct?) coups the South Pacific
April 16(?), 2013- Solorni/Rach elected Delegate of Balder for the first time

Yes, Devonitians is Sedge.

I'll add those and more dates in a second.

(In 2008, Pierconium/Ivan retires and ejects around 1000 nations)
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay