NATION

PASSWORD

The Communist Bloc

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Trabardia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Communist Bloc

Postby Trabardia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm

The Revolutionary Republic of
The Communist Bloc

Forums - Discord

The Communist Bloc, founded in 2014 by Kovatsk, is a flourishing democracy with three branches of government as well as a growing roleplay and roleplay legislature. We are the largest leftist region in the world, and our military, the People's Revolutionary Armed Forces, works to defeat fascism and capitalism in NationStates.

This thread will be used for official publications from the Bloc, including but not limited to government press releases, foreign update, news from the Ministry of Information, and military & intelligence operation dispatches. Stay tuned!
Last edited by Trabardia on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samsonyte
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Samsonyte » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm surprised a region of this size is only now getting an NSGP thread. Glad to see you getting more involved in the greater community.
Signed,
Samsonyte
Prince of The First Rank of The Ragerian Imperium
Admiral of The Ragerian Armada
If life doesn't give you lemons, can you still make lemonade?

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Samsonyte wrote:I'm surprised a region of this size is only now getting an NSGP thread. Glad to see you getting more involved in the greater community.

This. 'Bout time people.....
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Samsonyte wrote:I'm surprised a region of this size is only now getting an NSGP thread. Glad to see you getting more involved in the greater community.

IIRC they had one once but it was forever ago.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Feux wrote:

IIRC they had one once but it was forever ago.

Back during the Zenny days.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:55 pm

Back when they had an active military.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 am

I always wonder about this region, apart from Zenny's era it was mostly forgotten in GP.

The founder is gone for over a year and half, so they probably won't return any time soon and it is truly a founderless region like the feeders and sinkers. Endorsements wise, it was 261 endorsements which is more than any of the Sinkers.

So why do we care about the going ons in Lazarus/Osiris/Balder/TRR more than TCB? It just as vulnerable and WA powerful. If it is military projection then some of the Feeder/Sinker armies aren't that great either.

(I kinda want them to come to NS GP discord, cause there's no excuse to not give them Cabalist when they are greater by every objective measure while facing greater vulnerabilities :P )
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Becuase it’s NS left, and doesn’t spawn nations.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Becuase it’s NS left, and doesn’t spawn nations.

The mods obviously has a right wing bias. #commierevolutionwhen
Last edited by Kyorgia on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Becuase it’s NS left, and doesn’t spawn nations.

Didn't TCB specifically gain flak from the NSleft for not standing with them on some issues? They might've stepped in line sine then though, to be fair.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:49 pm

They’ve definitely had their differences with the wider NS left - meant more that most players either jump to join, or don’t really feel like sticking their noses into the “communist region” side of things at all.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Well at one point they were more a raider region than a member of the NS left, and caught flak for raiding leftest regions. I do think they tried to correct that though, and it was all a while ago.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Trabardia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Announcement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Postby Trabardia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:29 am

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Communist Bloc hereby condemns the illegal and unethical suppression of universal democratic rights in the East Pacific by Eastern Loligarch Order. We are asking for stronger opposition from various world leaders to condemn the illegal coup d'état by Queen Yuno and the ELO.

The Communist Bloc stands strong with all the people of the East Pacific who refuse to bow down to autocracy and totalitarianism. We will work tirelessly to restore the universal right to equality for all East Pacifians. This systematic denial of fundamental freedoms will not be tolerated. We are very pleased to see nearly a 10:1 ratio in the most recent votes expressing a keen rejection of the ELO, and thus showing the relentless strength of the people over the illegal monarchy. The Communist Bloc shall not and will not recognize Queen Yuno nor this organization in any way as the legitimately elected government of the East Pacific by the people of the East Pacific.

The Communist Bloc shall exercise its international duty in voting FOR the World Assembly Proposal to liberate the East Pacific.

Queen Yuno, who leads the illegal organization of ELO, shall also be named a persona non grata of the Communist Bloc for masterminding the treason to the legitimate government of the East Pacific. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be ceasing diplomatic relations with the East Pacific and the Embassy in the East Pacific shall be closed with immediate effect.

Signed,

Trabardia
General Secretary

An Xiu
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Kethania/Micha
WA Delegate
Trabardia
Editor-in-Chief of NationStates Today
Minister of Defense of the Communist Bloc

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:43 am

You realize you have an historical embassy with the Pacific as well? If you are going to close your consulte in public with TEP over this, please close the embassies with the Pacific all together. The Pacific is the most authoritarian among all GCR. So you might want to fix your embassies, or reconsider your FA decisions.
Last edited by Pergamon on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 am

ELO is a government. Organizations are something else entirely. Can you at least try to get your terminology correct in a Foreign Affairs public announcement?

Also, TEP refused embassies with you. :)
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 am

I wonder why there wasn't an announcement about your founder coming back....
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Aeneas Prime
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeneas Prime » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:17 am

Hello there. As Minister of Foreign Affairs for The East Pacific,

- Your consulate is closed forever. You were on probation from 2015 on wards and this is the final offense we will tolerate.

- We will not pursue continued diplomatic relations even in the event that you remove our Delegate from your superfluous list.

- We refuse to acknowledge a lowly backwater UCR as having any actual bearing on the global stage.

- Per new citizenship guidelines any cross-membership with your region shall be denied citizenship within TEP.

Good day.
Last edited by Aeneas Prime on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeneas Rahl

Vizier, Arbiter -The East Pacific

Also known as Dream Killers
Discord: Cain#7912

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:03 pm

"- We refuse to acknowledge a lowly backwater UCR as having any actual bearing on the global stage."

Does this clause apply to all UCRs or just as a jab against The Communist Bloc? Rather rude thing to say as a general statement in an official communique :(

What does The Communist Bloc define as universal democratic rights?
Last edited by Sarakart on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Glorious Comrade
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Comrade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Lowly backwater UCR is definitely an interesting choice of words to describe the 2nd largest non puppet storage UCR in the world with 260+ endorsements on their delegate, more than some GCRs.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Glorious Comrade wrote:Lowly backwater UCR is definitely an interesting choice of words to describe the 2nd largest non puppet storage UCR in the world with 260+ endorsements on their delegate, more than some GCRs.

And yet until today's post most people forgot they existed, which is not something that ever happens to any GCR. That's the difference.

That said, they're right about the ELO and they took the right steps. It just doesn't at all matter. :P

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:59 pm

They don't need people to remember they exist when they're a self-contained region with hundreds of endorsements :v
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Fedele
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedele » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:03 pm

To be fair, they are probably the most notable communist role play region I can think of off the top of my head.

Glorious Comrade
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Comrade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glorious Comrade wrote:Lowly backwater UCR is definitely an interesting choice of words to describe the 2nd largest non puppet storage UCR in the world with 260+ endorsements on their delegate, more than some GCRs.

And yet until today's post most people forgot they existed, which is not something that ever happens to any GCR. That's the difference.

That said, they're right about the ELO and they took the right steps. It just doesn't at all matter. :P

Sure, but you can credit that to their policy of not doing anything outside their own region. If their policy was to change and they focused more outwards i don't think you could really say that they'd have no impact.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Surprising since you guys were big fans of the NLO.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Feux wrote:Surprising since you guys were big fans of the NLO.

That's what I said :P
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay