NATION

PASSWORD

KGB (Unofficial) Investigation Findings on Vac Mercer

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Wentshire
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

KGB (Unofficial) Investigation Findings on Vac Mercer

Postby Wentshire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Unofficial Investigation Findings on Allegations against Vac Mercer
18 January 2018

Introduction

Over the past week, I have been undertaking an informal investigation on the claims against Prime Minister Vac Mercer that he allegedly commanded three of his troops to impersonate other NS players as Deputy Commandant and the lead of a particular raid, then allegedly lied about his knowledge of the said troops to the NSGP community when it was brought to his attention. My investigation has led me to question almost all involved in the operation that night, and His Majesty the King and Commandant Owen Bonaparte have been cooperative granting me the clearance to the proper military channels to obtain evidence.

The reason why this investigation had been undertaken after so long is because it was brought to my attention from the announcement made by the Prime Minister of New United Kingdom that they would minimize their relations with the Kingdom of Great Britain because of the lack of an official inquiry or statement regarding the issue, despite several attempts made by other members of the NSGP community requesting remarks in our NSGP Embassy. As Deputy Prime Minister and a member of the EFAAC, I was concerned that the fallout from the controversy would continue to affect our relations with like-minded British regions and our relations with other regions that we have been working diligently to recover since the shameful and inexcusable actions of our former King George VI. While some consequences were given at the time of the operation, it was clear that the NSGP community was dissatisfied from what we had done so far and it was clear that we did not yet have all the answers. I reached out to Prime Minister Charles Watson-Turing-Donald of NUK to understand the root of the allegations, and launched an informal investigation myself to avoid potential conflicts of interest or obstruction.

My original purpose of this investigation was to find the answers we needed to hopefully clarify the circumstances of that night, and to understand whether the issues between Vac Mercer and other members of the community were simply personal squabbles or if they were legitimate allegations. I did not expect to find out as much as I have about the situation, but I was fortunately able to compile a vast array of evidence and read accounts of those involved with the situation in order to complete a thorough investigation. After several days of rigorous probing and analyzing everything to understand the allegations as an outsider by gathering logs and testimony from both sides of the issue, I hope that these findings will shed light on what exactly happened and provide answers to the NSGP community. This investigation was not officially sanctioned by the Government of the Kingdom of Great Britain.

The Night of the Operation

That night, then-Deputy Commandant Vac Mercer served as as the trigger and commanding officer of the operation. Khanter, Owen, and Xemt created fake puppets to impersonate defenders Vinny/Drake, Merlin, and Unibot from their jump point Spear Danes for “fun” or “propaganda”. When it was brought to Mercer’s attention that they had made those puppets in the NSGP Discord server, he assured everyone that “ass chewings [were] commencing” and that he would speak to King Henry about initiating court martial proceedings against them. King Henry himself had to reassure Khanter that he wasn’t in trouble with him or that he was angry with him (additional logs can be provided upon request for this). From his reaction in the server, it seemed to be surprised about the revelation. However, this was misleading since my review of the Operations Room where the mission conversation took place has shown that Mercer did have knowledge that they were doing so as he asked what their “fenda identities” were and proceeded to tell them “this is going to be f**king great… I look forward to the hate mail… and if any of you get any, do share for the lulz”.

Truth and Consequences

After Owen and Khanter took the fall gameside, Khanter posted a resignation with an explanation of the night of the operation in KGB’s that was deleted since its content was probably considered confidential. When the King was notified of the situation at one o’clock in the morning, he was in the process of finishing comprehensive exams as he was finishing up grad school, told people to sort it all out, and went to bed, thinking it was sorted by the next day. Apologies were made to those impersonated, and Mercer suffered a full demotion from Deputy Commandant to Marine and stopped raiding for some time.

What I have been attempting to clarify is whether Mercer himself explicitly commanded them to create impersonation puppets or if it was simply a suggestion. This was important if I was going to determine the degree of responsibility that Mercer has in his actions. Attempting to clarify this was a difficult task. While Khanter firmly asserted that Mercer commanded them to do so, Owen and Xemt stated that “it was an idea of his”. From what I have reviewed from the Operations Room log, there is no explicit command to make impersonation puppets from Mercer, but direct messages may suggest differently. Owen had told Khanter to make puppets that look like known defenders. I was told that Khanter has a history of “tantrums” and emotional outbursts, but if he has been upset over this, it has not been without reason- this couldn’t be the reason to dismiss his claims against Mercer outright. While it may have been entirely possible that Khanter may have misinterpreted a statement by Mercer himself as a command due to the language barrier, it could be said that the commanding officer is responsible for his/her troops and their actions. I have not been able to determine for certain if an explicit command was made, but it is hard to believe that impersonation puppets was anything like a casual suggestion from a commander.

While I cannot for certain hold Mercer responsible for it based on the question of command and leave the determination of that to the opinion of the reader, it is evident however that Mercer did lie in the NSGP community on his knowledge of the impersonation when he acted surprised when confronted, then proceeded to let the others take the fallout under the premise that it was saving the region face. If anything, the lie only made things worse. As Altino and others had to investigate the issue themselves, the obscurity revolving around this issue has lead to mutual distrust and confusion. With the lie and allowing this information to be covered up or unanswered for so long, this has forced those in TWP and other regions around NationStates to distrust us. It is this lack of trust and the lack of an adequate response that has lead many under the impression that this region has not learned from its mistakes under the old king, that “Don politics” is still business as usual here. As a result, our foreign relations cannot recover unless we take and hand down responsibility, and be transparent between ourselves and with the NSGP community. I will not recommend any charges since this is only an informal investigation into what happened, but this has opened to door to possible legal ramifications for those involved in KGB. If we can address this issue whether by a court of law or by the ballot of public opinion, we may finally be able to restore friendly dialogue with other regions in the community and allow KGB to grow once again.

I would like to thank His Majesty King Henry IX for his support throughout this entire process, and to all of those that provided logs and their accounts of what happened. On behalf of the Kingdom of Great Britain, I deeply apologize for the delay in investigating the allegations and in our response, which was long overdue. I hope that this will be the start of redemption and forgiveness from the NSGP community, and that this will satisfy many of your questions.

Signed,
The Hon. Sir Edward Stuart KCB AK
Deputy Prime Minister, MP for France
Kingdom of Great Britain

His Highness, Edward Somerset, the Viscount Beauchamp, KCB KCMG OM AK ISO

World Assembly Delegate of the Kingdom of Great Britain
Former
Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Foreign Secretary
Speaker of the House of Commons
Member of Parliament for Ireland
Member of Parliament for France

Kingdom of Great Britain

Discord: @brandoff1#7195

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Yes I did it. And I'm sorry that I did it. Whatever action the mods decide to take against my various nations is what it is, I won't appeal anything.

We honestly weren't trying to be malicious with anything,we figured it'd be entertaining to run a few little raids out of the defender JP Spear Danes jokingly pretending to be defenders, I think by some of the puppet names it was pretty obvious that most of the nations weren't actually owned by any defenders, some of whom weren't even active that evening. (Keep in mind, I had no puppets active that night, it is well known that I despise switching and triggering at the same time, you can ask Kleo and Fest in TRE about this).

The Kingdom of Great Britain did take action against me. I wasn't going to remain on the generals staff so I decided to leave raiding for a while, I recently decided to head back onto the battlefield and hold the rank of Marine in the military of The Kingdom of Great Britain. This is the lowest rank in the military outside of the rank of cadet, the training rank of the military.

At this point I will not be resigning as Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain, that would be pointless, and it would probably do more harm to the region than good as some last things in Parliament are getting cleaned up during the waning days of the term.

At this point I think KGB has done what it will against me, the military did in fact act against me, as stated above, whatever NS moderation wants is what it is. Even if it means losing this nation, which was my first nation in the game.

Again, I apologize to the community for the mistruths spoke by myself, and I repeat my apologies in another public forum to both Khanter and Drake for the events carried out that evening.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 pm

this has forced those in TWP and other regions around NationStates to distrust us.

I mean, no, it's your historical behavior as a region that's caused that. The sad thing is, when these allegations came forward, the entire NS community basically shrugged and went "Eh, sounds like KGB." Which is even worse. Your image wasn't shattered by this, the region essentially lived up to the expectations set back when Don was King.

What would shock me, pleasantly, is if any action was taken in this case. But, because of this region's historical behavior... I'm not going to hold my breath. I hope this region shows that it's begun to change for the better.

EDIT: I mean more than a slap on the wrist that allows the individual to maintain political power. >.>
Last edited by Syberis on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Allow me to clarify that I am NOT requesting the Deputy Prime Ministers resignation, what he wants to do on that front is 100% his decision, and he can verify that I even explicitly stated that there isn't even a point to him resigning.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 pm

On the bright side, the investigation just got much easier. With a confession of "Yes, I did it." It would take a special level of regional incompetence to muck it up.
An even stranger war

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:Yes I did it. And I'm sorry that I did it. Whatever action the mods decide to take against my various nations is what it is, I won't appeal anything.

We honestly weren't trying to be malicious with anything,we figured it'd be entertaining to run a few little raids out of the defender JP Spear Danes jokingly pretending to be defenders, I think by some of the puppet names it was pretty obvious that most of the nations weren't actually owned by any defenders, some of whom weren't even active that evening. (Keep in mind, I had no puppets active that night, it is well known that I despise switching and triggering at the same time, you can ask Kleo and Fest in TRE about this).

The Kingdom of Great Britain did take action against me. I wasn't going to remain on the generals staff so I decided to leave raiding for a while, I recently decided to head back onto the battlefield and hold the rank of Marine in the military of The Kingdom of Great Britain. This is the lowest rank in the military outside of the rank of cadet, the training rank of the military.

At this point I will not be resigning as Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain, that would be pointless, and it would probably do more harm to the region than good as some last things in Parliament are getting cleaned up during the waning days of the term.

At this point I think KGB has done what it will against me, the military did in fact act against me, as stated above, whatever NS moderation wants is what it is. Even if it means losing this nation, which was my first nation in the game.

Again, I apologize to the community for the mistruths spoke by myself, and I repeat my apologies in another public forum to both Khanter and Drake for the events carried out that evening.

Back when I was a raider, the leader who ordered low-rank troops to break rules (mistakingly) would have owned up to it, confessed publicly, and apologized immediately. I do not admire that you took 3 weeks to publicly own up to it.
What have you to say about when you threw those low-ranked troops under the bus, thinking the truth wouldn't come out? And deleting posts to try and keep it under wraps.
While I do feel sympathy for you, accidentally ordering troops to make a fatal mistake; trying to cover it up that it was your orders, and not apologize and blaming it on the troops was a shitty move. You caused outrage in some of my low-ranked friends (who had their nations deleted) and only now you confess it.
Talk about irresponsible.
To summarize, it was a bad move to tell one's underlings to impersonate, but what was worse was that you tried to hide your involvement.

Khanter Winters, Owen, and Xemt have my condolences and hopefully not have to be put in a situation where one has to distrust their superiors ever again.

~yuno
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016

Postby Vincent Drake » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:We honestly weren't trying to be malicious with anything,we figured it'd be entertaining to run a few little raids out of the defender JP Spear Danes jokingly pretending to be defenders, I think by some of the puppet names it was pretty obvious that most of the nations weren't actually owned by any defenders

You're still lying to us, though. Those puppets were intended to be as close as possible to real ones, and they were good enough that we accidentally endorsed them, as can be verified in the activity logs. The Merlin line used his regular naming scheme, and the Drake line used my flag with the secret microtext that I have in them. More than one outsider did think those people were us and messaged about it. I was very concerned that people might think we were multiing, and the potential reputational damage involved what that.

You're also old enough in GP to know that Scieca did this before, on a much smaller scale. In what world does "Let's act like DoS players" sound like a good and entertaining idea?
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Wentshire
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wentshire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 pm

I can confirm that the PM did not accept my resignation when I offered.

@Syberis, the evidence shows that he told Khanter "Did I lie? Yes". I'm exploring legal options.
His Highness, Edward Somerset, the Viscount Beauchamp, KCB KCMG OM AK ISO

World Assembly Delegate of the Kingdom of Great Britain
Former
Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Foreign Secretary
Speaker of the House of Commons
Member of Parliament for Ireland
Member of Parliament for France

Kingdom of Great Britain

Discord: @brandoff1#7195

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Vincent Drake wrote:
Vaculatestar64 wrote:We honestly weren't trying to be malicious with anything,we figured it'd be entertaining to run a few little raids out of the defender JP Spear Danes jokingly pretending to be defenders, I think by some of the puppet names it was pretty obvious that most of the nations weren't actually owned by any defenders

You're still lying to us, though. Those puppets were intended to be as close as possible to real ones, and they were good enough that we accidentally endorsed them, as can be verified in the activity logs. The Merlin line used his regular naming scheme, and the Drake line used my flag with the secret microtext that I have in them. More than one outsider did think those people were us and messaged about it. I was very concerned that people might think we were multiing, and the potential reputational damage involved what that.

You're also old enough in GP to know that Scieca did this before, on a much smaller scale. In what world does "Let's act like DoS players" sound like a good and entertaining idea?

I'm telling you that we were simply trying to amuse ourselves, we weren't really trying anything more than that. What happened with y'all accidentally endorsing the pups was not our intent. Why would we want that? That means that you see where we're going and can start tracking us and trying to intercept us.

Syberis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Wentshire wrote:I can confirm that the PM did not accept my resignation when I offered.

@Syberis, the evidence shows that he told Khanter "Did I lie? Yes". I'm exploring legal options.

Apologies, I've learned not to follow google apps links from your region. Wasn't sure :P
Last edited by Syberis on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An even stranger war

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016

Postby Vincent Drake » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:I'm telling you that we were simply trying to amuse ourselves, we weren't really trying anything more than that. What happened with y'all accidentally endorsing the pups was not our intent. Why would we want that? That means that you see where we're going and can start tracking us and trying to intercept us.

The activity feed makes everything trackable on its own. The sets were spottable the moment they were founded in the feeders. I'm not buying this explanation, as simple gameplay mechanics say it's bull.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Aeneas Prime
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeneas Prime » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 am

Vac, you have been playing since at-least 2012. Surely, the repercussions of doing something shady like this would have been immediately apparent to you and the fact that you are so willing to throw your troops under the bus and demean them to this level is frankly disgusting. I am aware that KoGB wishes to change the World view of their region, and I respect that. Do what is right, and convict this individual for misconduct, before he ends up getting all of your updaters deleted for breaking the rules on a whim because it is "amusing" to him. If someone made a bunch of switchers that impersonated my friends and I and used my JP, I would be much more upset as well. All of the individuals involved in this wrong-doing are being very restrained publicly, and I suspect that is because this is pretty much par-for-the-course as Syberis mentioned above. Please, KoGB. Prove us all wrong for once.
Aeneas Rahl

Vizier, Arbiter -The East Pacific

Also known as Dream Killers
Discord: Cain#7912

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 am

Vac, since I have known met you last year you have tried to impress upon me your knowledge of the game; whether it be in diplomacy, politics, or game mechanics. You insist that people have a personal vendetta against you. But the truth is you put yourself in this position with the way you treat people and the disrespect you continue to show for the game and our community. You ask for forgiveness but then continue to disrespect at nearly every opportunity. That is not how it works in life man!

To the people of the Kingdom of Great Britain, this is your opportunity to show the NSverse that you are working toward becoming a changed region and that you no longer house ne’er-do-wells, rule breakers, or harassers. To echo what many have said, it is no shock to see this happen under your watch. The question I have for you is will you continue to allow this or will you act?

HEM and the officials and admin of Europeia, how long will it be before this senator with his proven track record does something in your region? I hope that you will choose to act before Vac’s actions cause damage to your great region.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

Big Bad Badger wrote:HEM and the officials and admin of Europeia, how long will it be before this senator with his proven track record does something in your region? I hope that you will choose to act before Vac’s actions cause damage to your great region.

Retweet.

As for Vac. Come on, dude. If you claim to be so experienced and knowledgeable about this game, then you should sure as hell know what the rules are and specifically the rules regarding malicious impersonation. Please be aware that the warning records that your troops have are your fault. Lesser experienced players trusted you because you were in a position of authority and you proved that not only do you not have a grasp on this game's rules but that you're willing to order your troops to break those rules. It's a shame that this is indeed par for the course with KGB's entire history as of late, so it is likely that nothing will be done there, but I sure as hell hope Europeia looks to preserve their community standards that they hold so dear.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Intelligeneria
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Intelligeneria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

The New United Kingdom's official Government response can be found here.
Charles Watson-Turing-Donald,
Prime Minister of New United Kingdom,
Grey Warden

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:00 pm

The Crown will be coming out with an official statement on behalf of the region later today I believe, but I will say that the King did ask for my resignation and I did provide it. At this point it is up to the Deputy Prime Minister to gain the confidence of both Houses of Parliament to continue governance for the remaining six days left in the term.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Big Bad Badger wrote:HEM and the officials and admin of Europeia, how long will it be before this senator with his proven track record does something in your region? I hope that you will choose to act before Vac’s actions cause damage to your great region.

Speaking as a Europeian citizen...

If there is OOC evidence against Vac that is actionable, the admins will act. If anyone has such evidence, they should send it to the Europeian admins.

If Vac breaks Europeian law, he will be punished. If his nation is deleted, he will lose citizenship.

We hold our community standards dear, and for that very reason we cannot take action extrajudicially. Our citizens have rights that will be upheld to their fullest extent. Of course, that doesn’t preclude punishment at the ballot box for these actions.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Coffee of the Day
Civilian

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee of the Day » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Since 2012, this player has fully devoted himself to the study of the depth, intricacy, and nuances of NS knowledge. His tireless efforts to revolutionize the player base's rigid interpretation of gameplay, as well as efforts to control the problem of over-population in used-created regions, along with his impressive track-record of proven leadership proves he is a true master of our beloved game. For this, the West Pacific humbly bestows upon Vac Mercer, Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Senator of Europeia, the Order of the Koala. May we all learn from your example.
Last edited by Coffee of the Day on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Coffee of the Day wrote:

Since 2012, this player has fully devoted himself to the study of the depth, intricacy, and nuances of NS knowledge. His tireless efforts to revolutionize the player base's rigid interpretation of gameplay, as well as efforts to control the problem of over-population in used-created regions, along with his impressive track-record of proven leadership proves he is a true master of our beloved game. For this, the West Pacific humbly bestows upon Vac Mercer, Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Senator of Europeia, the Order of the Koala. May we all learn from your example.

Highly doubt this is legitimate, and is intended as a joke??
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:
Coffee of the Day wrote:

Highly doubt this is legitimate, and is intended as a joke??

Given that the koala is a marsupial and how TWP feels about marsupials, I really can't reach any other conclusion.

Cuddly Koalas
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuddly Koalas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Lenlyvit wrote:Highly doubt this is legitimate, and is intended as a joke??

Given that the koala is a marsupial and how TWP feels about marsupials, I really can't reach any other conclusion.

Unfairly so, if I do say so myself. Marsupials are harmless. Usually.

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Cuddly Koalas wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Given that the koala is a marsupial and how TWP feels about marsupials, I really can't reach any other conclusion.

Unfairly so, if I do say so myself. Marsupials are harmless. Usually.

I don't see any bias here at all.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

Saint Draig
Secretary

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Draig » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

On the bright side, as of Thursday, 18 January 2018, Vac Mercer's knighthoods were revoked by His Royal Britannic Majesty, King Henry IX of the Kingdom of Great Britain (K.o.G.B.)/(K.G.B.). Action was to be taken against him for his role in that evening's debacle, and it is with his cooperation by admitting fully to and owning up towards his wrongdoings, that his Order of the Garter and Order of the Bath were rescinded back to the hands of the Crown, and his Victoria Cross was stripped from him.

In addition, both Vac Mercer and the Commandant General of His Majesty's Royal Marine Corps (H.M.R.M.C.), Owen Bonaparte, are currently facing court marshal, this comes merely two days after the revocation of the former Deputy Commandant's regional chivalric and militaristic honours.

What is important to note in this instance is that these repercussions were administered by the Crown in light of the investigation's results. Following the conclusion of the Right Honourable Deputy Prime Minister's inquiry, Henry IX of Great Britain exercised the reserve powers given to him under Article III, Section D, entitled "ROYAL PREROGATIVES and ceremonial duties shall be bestowed upon the crown:", clause twelve.

This clause of the Constitution reads, and I quote: "§ 12. TM shall have the right to distribute awards and orders of chivalry to honour the people of Great Britain.". Which, in accordance with this established prerogative and duty bestowed upon him, it was the desire of His Majesty to enact consequences in reaction to Vac Mercer's actions.

Let it be known that the Kingdom of Great Britain is not a region that is accepting of such advances, and the actions taken by Vac Mercer in this situation are not condoned by His Majesty's Civil Executive Government, nor were they tolerated.
The Perfect Imperfection of Saint Draig

A Reborn Feederite Pacifican GamePlayer

The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (One-Term, Formerly)
The Apprentice/Assistant/Deputy Minister of Recruitment and Citizenry Affairs (One-Term, Formerly)
Proud Citizen of The West Pacific

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby King HEM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Big Bad Badger wrote:Vac, since I have known met you last year you have tried to impress upon me your knowledge of the game; whether it be in diplomacy, politics, or game mechanics. You insist that people have a personal vendetta against you. But the truth is you put yourself in this position with the way you treat people and the disrespect you continue to show for the game and our community. You ask for forgiveness but then continue to disrespect at nearly every opportunity. That is not how it works in life man!

To the people of the Kingdom of Great Britain, this is your opportunity to show the NSverse that you are working toward becoming a changed region and that you no longer house ne’er-do-wells, rule breakers, or harassers. To echo what many have said, it is no shock to see this happen under your watch. The question I have for you is will you continue to allow this or will you act?

HEM and the officials and admin of Europeia, how long will it be before this senator with his proven track record does something in your region? I hope that you will choose to act before Vac’s actions cause damage to your great region.

This is where we arrive in very dangerous territory, because it's within this territory that we give credibility to NS staff concerns that gameplay politics will mix with higher level violations and cause them to become more conservative with on-site bans based on off-site evidence (if that is possible). Seeing as this has become my cause in Nationstates the last several months, I take it very seriously.

So let me be clear: being a dick does not result in an administrative ban in Europeia. Making a fool of yourself with a crude, impersonation during a raid certainly does not result in an administrative ban in Europeia. Administrators in Europeia act when there is a pattern of abusive, harassing behavior that threatens the safety or privacy of our members. If anybody has evidence of that here, I ask, I implore them to come forward.

Otherwise, I'd just as much appreciate not being @-ed.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:20 pm

King HEM wrote:<snip>

This is an outsider opinion, and I'm sure it will be valued as such, but I feel Europeia administrators should take greater initiative in protecting their community from toxic elements.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay