NATION

PASSWORD

[DO NOT POST HERE, THREAD DONE]

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

[DO NOT POST HERE, THREAD DONE]

Postby Fauxia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Just kind of an idea here, but does anyone think there is merit to making an index that measures game influence? I don’t mean regional influence, I mean a thing that measures how important a region (or I guess a player too) is to the game. It could include delegate endorsements, military activity and adeptness, political influence over other regions, etc.

Do you think this is a good idea? Please explain. If you do, any suggestions as to what should be in it?
Last edited by Fauxia on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Pretty sure this belongs in technical.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:43 pm

It seems really hard to calculate

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Please read the op, guys. It’s not regional influence, it’s an player-made stat that measures the influence of nations. Hard to calculate? Yeah, probably, that’s why I’m aking y’all
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Fauxia wrote:Please read the op, guys. It’s not regional influence, it’s an player-made stat that measures the influence of nations. Hard to calculate? Yeah, probably, that’s why I’m aking y’all

Oh, player-made. I thought it was a value assigned to all nations by the game. My bad

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm

I think it'd be too subjective to pull off well. We all tend to have our own very differing opinions on how influential we all really are, due to how many big egos, fragile egos, trolls, and justified egos we have among our GP community :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm

I would think that the best you'd be able to do is assign very broad (and what would end up being pretty arbitrary) categories of players that have different influence over different areas, or tiers of influence over seemingly all parts of GP. It's ridiculously subjective, and it would be an absolute fucking salt mine in practice because as Tim said, lots of fragile egos and people with very strong opinions about themselves, their regions, and their regionmates. And that's not a bad thing in a metagame founded on political discourse. You'd have an equally tough time mapping the influence of politicians in the real world.
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:45 am

Yeah, I don't see this going very far due to GP's inability to agree on the facts of its history and even the basics of the game, let alone the roles we play(ed) in shaping past and current events.

"It was a coup! It wasn't a coup!"
"You couped that region! I didn't coup that region!"
"I was purged! You weren't purged!"
"It was a liberation! It wasn't a liberation!"
"They were native! They were not native!"
"They are independent! They are not independent!"
"I did all this stuff for my region! Dude, you didn't do shit!"
"We are subverting them! No, they are subverting us?"
"Cormac came in from the east! Cormac came in from the west! No, the north! Wait, the south?"

Influence is almost impossible to map when the goalposts move at such a furious pace. You can always try, but I only see a salt mine and a vineyard coming out of it.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah, I was worried that there would be too much subjectivity in this. If y’all think so, too, then I think we’ll close this

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay