NATION

PASSWORD

2017 Miniluv Awards: Cancelled, Sorry for the Inconvenience

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:I’d simply rather not see next year have 3 different awards, because you run another protest with your biased newspaper, then somebody runs their own in protest of yours because you’ve happened to pull yet another Cormac controversy or whatever. Then the next year, add on another award contest because why the hell not, there are 3 already.

The Gameplay Awards have been run the same way since 2015. It’s a light-hearted superlative contest, that you, Souls, Tim, and whoever else have turned into just another bitter Gameplay drama. So raiders flooded the TG votes last year to get their team to win, who cares?? Y’all act like Souls proved everything was a sham, when in reality all but a couple awards matched the public vote and the discrepecies were with raider categories. You yourself pointed out in the 2016 awards that it was likely just raider groups getting their members to TG votes.

Can you please go away with your whining? You're the only one having a problem with this. Thanks.

If the OP of the other awards had listened to anyone's suggestions, including simply disclosing their identity or making voting public, this wouldn't be a problem. For all we know the OP is Ivo, and that's why The Invaders won last year, though I think you're making a good case that you're the OP.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:I’d simply rather not see next year have 3 different awards, because you run another protest with your biased newspaper, then somebody runs their own in protest of yours because you’ve happened to pull yet another Cormac controversy or whatever. Then the next year, add on another award contest because why the hell not, there are 3 already.

The Gameplay Awards have been run the same way since 2015. It’s a light-hearted superlative contest, that you, Souls, Tim, and whoever else have turned into just another bitter Gameplay drama. So raiders flooded the TG votes last year to get their team to win, who cares?? Y’all act like Souls proved everything was a sham, when in reality all but a couple awards matched the public vote and the discrepecies were with raider categories. You yourself pointed out in the 2016 awards that it was likely just raider groups getting their members to TG votes.

Can you please go away with your whining? You're the only one having a problem with this. Thanks.

If the OP of the other awards had listened to anyone's suggestions, including simply disclosing their identity or making voting public, this wouldn't be a problem. For all we know the OP is Ivo, and that's why The Invaders won last year, though I think you're making a good case that you're the OP.

Retweet.

Miniluv Awards for the win 8)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:So raiders flooded the TG votes last year to get their team to win, who cares??

So raiders flooded the region to get the delegacy, who cares?? :lol2:

I like this new logic you're using, GR! Maybe you'll see the light yet.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:06 am

Personally, I'm just looking forward to seeing everyone else's nominations :)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:07 am

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Cormac, Astarial or Todd McCloud. I'm unsure.

Gameplayer of the Year: Solorni

Gameplay Group of the Year: idk

Defender of the Year: the Honest Defender

Defender Group of the Year: Royal Legion of Alexandria

Raider of the Year: Siwale

Raider Group of the Year: The Black Hawks

Independent of the Year: Solorni

Independent Group of the Year: Europeia

Liberation of the Year: Idk

Raid of the Year: idk

Non-R/D Event of the Year: NSWF

Media Outlet of the Year: TRR times - written in crayon and spite.

Quote of the Year: idk

The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:18 pm

I've decided to cancel these awards for personal reasons. Apologies for the inconvenience.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I suggest checking out the Play of the Game awards thread for those who were interested in this.
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm

The Miniluv Messenger wrote:I've decided to cancel these awards for personal reasons. Apologies for the inconvenience.

That's a shame. Thanks for giving it a try Cormac.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Can you please go away with your whining? You're the only one having a problem with this. Thanks.

Don't try making your own awards (on your own personal tabloid) (and then cancelling them) if you don't want to hear criticism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's funny because you started all of this due to the whining about the Gameplay Awards
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Can you please go away with your whining? You're the only one having a problem with this. Thanks.

Don't try making your own awards (on your own personal tabloid) (and then cancelling them) if you don't want to hear criticism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's funny because you started all of this due to the whining about the Gameplay Awards

Or you know the Gameplay Awards is garbage.What's your investment in this other than possibly just to be petty towards Cormac? They looked quite fair and better than the Gameplay Awards.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am

I don't really need an "investment" to point out how ridiculous the complaints about the Gameplay Awards are, especially when one of the least trusted players tries to be the answer to those weak complaints

These are frivolous things that don't matter. People comment on things that don't matter all of the time.

Miporin
Attaché

Founded: Jan 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Miporin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:especially when one of the least trusted players tries to be the answer to those weak complaints

Except that player trustworthiness is an entirely moot point if the votes are public. Feel free to grasp at a different straw, though :roll:
Ex-Delegate, Yggdrasil
Ex-Delegate, Valhalla
Sergeant, The Black Hawks
Warden-Constable, The Order of the Grey Wardens :)

I make raidy tools too! TG me for more info.

Lugus Triune
Attaché

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lugus Triune » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Well, that's disappointing. Better luck next year? :)
HEADWEAR =/= HATS YOU SEMI-LITERATE BARBARIANS

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Not seeing a huge need to keep this open. If the OP intends to restart this or something they can ask for it to be unlocked. As it is, iLock.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay