NATION

PASSWORD

NURight

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sicune
Civilian

Founded: Dec 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicune » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 am

*Tut tut* What do we have here? A Nazi Collaborator region pretending to be good? You should come out of the dark KREICH, and reveal yourselves for who you truly are. Till next time! ^_^ *twiddles her fingers as she walks out of the chat*
Who am I? Why, I'm Sicune of course! ^_^ <3 <3

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am

Caelapes wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:The game mod who visited didn't agree.

The game mod also isn’t the founder of the NURight member region in which that was posted, who was active on the RMB after it was posted.

edit: bigotry bonus round! The same NURight member region in which antisemitic posts are fine (until suppressed by game moderators) raised a random region and have defaced it with a homophobic poll and ableism in the WFE! http://archive.is/UcMhv

ableism in WFE?
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Caelapes wrote:The game mod also isn’t the founder of the NURight member region in which that was posted, who was active on the RMB after it was posted.

edit: bigotry bonus round! The same NURight member region in which antisemitic posts are fine (until suppressed by game moderators) raised a random region and have defaced it with a homophobic poll and ableism in the WFE! http://archive.is/UcMhv

ableism in WFE?

Either "ree" is now a slur against the disabled or else he sees something that no one else does, I'm pretty sure he's being silly there. Also, I don't see how the poll is homophobic. "Gay" is a common insult amongst teenagers and the immature, like the "Yer a poopy head"/"No U r" brand of insults.

A real homophobic poll would be about something like the extermination of homosexuals, not because someone used a word that is also used as an insult between kids in school.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Caelapes wrote:The game mod also isn’t the founder of the NURight member region in which that was posted, who was active on the RMB after it was posted.

ableism in WFE?

“REEE” is associated with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme. That’s not me “being silly.”

And thank goodness someone came along to defend childish, immature homophobia! Of course it’s not as bad as calling for the death of gay people, but it’s absolutely still homophobic.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

NURight
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NURight » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm

The operation you have noted Misley, was not authorized by NURight, and the region's membership in NURight is under review. Have a good day.
Last edited by NURight on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

NURight wrote:The operation you have noted Misley, was not authorized by NURight, and the region's membership in NURight is under review. Have a good day.

Good to hear.

Will NURight also be reviewing the membership of its member region that proudly places Nazi Europa in the #1 embassy slot?

aka Misley

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Caelapes wrote:
NURight wrote:The operation you have noted Misley, was not authorized by NURight, and the region's membership in NURight is under review. Have a good day.

Good to hear.

Will NURight also be reviewing the membership of its member region that proudly places Nazi Europa in the #1 embassy slot?

While this does concern me, perhaps the region could issue a statement why this is so, rather than presuming anti-Semitic intent?
Caelapes wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:The game mod who visited didn't agree.

The game mod also isn’t the founder of the NURight member region in which that was posted, who was active on the RMB after it was posted.

I'd like to clarify that I was told no Nazi or anti-Semitic regions would be welcomed in NURight.

At any rate, this is somewhat concerning news with Oak Ridge, but I trust NURight's leadership to get to the bottom of the issue.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Caelapes wrote:Good to hear.

While this does concern me, perhaps the region could issue a statement why this is so, rather than presuming anti-Semitic intent?

I'd like to clarify that I was told no Nazi or anti-Semitic regions would be welcomed in NURight.

At any rate, this is somewhat concerning news with Oak Ridge, but I trust NURight's leadership to get to the bottom of the issue.
I don’t.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:
ableism in WFE?

“REEE” is associated with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme. That’s not me “being silly.”

I'm not going to comment on the rest of this, but yes, this is in fact you being silly. "REEE" predates the autistic screeching meme, and is intended to mimic a screaming frog. It is literally the noise frogs make when they're agitated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnu4Fe5sIeQ
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Never make a frog angry. That is the noise they make right before they self destruct.
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:49 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:Also, I don't see how the poll is homophobic. "Gay" is a common insult amongst teenagers and the immature, like the "Yer a poopy head"/"No U r" brand of insults.

A real homophobic poll would be about something like the extermination of homosexuals, not because someone used a word that is also used as an insult between kids in school.

Both of those are examples of homophobia.

Reventus Koth wrote:
Caelapes wrote:“REEE” is associated with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme. That’s not me “being silly.”

I'm not going to comment on the rest of this, but yes, this is in fact you being silly. "REEE" predates the autistic screeching meme, and is intended to mimic a screaming frog. It is literally the noise frogs make when they're agitated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnu4Fe5sIeQ

Ya, I'm sure that they were going for the "screaming frog" meme there, Koth. :roll:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Tananat
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tananat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 am

Reventus Koth wrote:
Caelapes wrote:“REEE” is associated with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme. That’s not me “being silly.”

Further context, despite its origins and it predating the autistic screeching meme, mods have in the past ruled it illegal as trolling, so people should be very careful about its use, even outside of the forums.

NURight
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NURight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:40 am

To get back to some earlier questions:
United Massachusetts wrote:
  • Will the NURight attack and assault moderately left-wing regions?
  • Will the NURight cooperate with fascists intentionally or even consider welcoming a fascist region to its ranks?
  • Does NURight believe that having embassies with a region is equivalent to endorsing them?
  • Will the NURight attack leftist roleplay regions?
  • Will the NURight cooperate in anti-fascist operation?
This is an alliance of some of my region's best allies, though Right to Life is a firmly neutral region on all political issues except abortion.

• The criteria is still being considered, but the idea is to pursue those regions espousing violent left-wing ideologies. That would therefore exclude for the most part, long term operations against moderate left-wing and roleplay regions.
  • No, there will be no intentional cooperation with fascists, nor will fascists be invited to the organization.
  • Each region uses embassies for a different purpose. NURight is only planning to open embassies with member regions for instance, but other regions open embassies with everyone they can find. Again, context is important.
  • Although it is not the main focus of the organization, there is no reason why NURight would not be able to take part in an anti-fascist operation, provided that it is solely anti-fascist operation, and not ideologically tainted as a communist operation.
United Massachusetts wrote:I'd like to clarify that I was told no Nazi or anti-Semitic regions would be welcomed in NURight.

There will hopefully (time-permitting) be an announcement on this later in the day. Or tomorrow depending on your timezone.

Caelapes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 am

Reventus Koth wrote:

I’m also aware of the fact that the swastika predates the Nazi Party and was not intended to serve as a symbol of hate.

Things change. “REEE” is inescapably linked with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme regardless of its origin, and it’s considered trolling on NS on that basis.

aka Misley

McChimp
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby McChimp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

Caelapes wrote:Things change. “REEE” is inescapably linked with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme regardless of its origin, and it’s considered trolling on NS on that basis.

You're wrong.
'YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
"They're not the same at all!"
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.' - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Considering the massive failures and embarrassments on the part of NSRight, what exactly are you going to do differently revitalize the community.
Given you've decided to recycle most of the old branding.
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I'm not going to comment on the rest of this, but yes, this is in fact you being silly. "REEE" predates the autistic screeching meme, and is intended to mimic a screaming frog. It is literally the noise frogs make when they're agitated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnu4Fe5sIeQ

I’m also aware of the fact that the swastika predates the Nazi Party and was not intended to serve as a symbol of hate.

Things change. “REEE” is inescapably linked with the ableist “autistic screeching” meme regardless of its origin, and it’s considered trolling on NS on that basis.

I wouldn't base your entire argument for saying that "REEE" is considered trolling on one post by NERVUN where no warnings were handed out, especially considering the rest of the offending post in context. If there's more to back up that particular point, feel free to enlighten me.

It's a dangerous road to go down when you start calling harmless memes ableist. I assume you, the knight in shining armor coming to the aid of disparaged groups who never asked for your defense, have never called anyone "stupid"? Comrade Misley would surely never use such an awful slur that has been used time and time again to marginalize those of different intelligence, would he?

You can make anything sound bigoted with the right language. That doesn't mean it's right.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:I wouldn't base your entire argument for saying that "REEE" is considered trolling on one post by NERVUN where no warnings were handed out, especially considering the rest of the offending post in context. If there's more to back up that particular point, feel free to enlighten me.

Just a note: The autistic screeching thing is treated as trolling pretty consistently.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I wouldn't base your entire argument for saying that "REEE" is considered trolling on one post by NERVUN where no warnings were handed out, especially considering the rest of the offending post in context. If there's more to back up that particular point, feel free to enlighten me.

Just a note: The autistic screeching thing is treated as trolling pretty consistently.

Huh, well that last example is pretty unambiguous. Can't say I agree with the reasoning, but thank you for bringing it to my attention.

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Just a note: The autistic screeching thing is treated as trolling pretty consistently.

Huh, well that last example is pretty unambiguous. Can't say I agree with the reasoning, but thank you for bringing it to my attention.

No problem. It seems to be one that not many people are aware of.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I have to agree with Misley here. It's definitely sickening ableism.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm

We won’t cooperate with fascists! One of our signatories is definitely not a nazi collaborator region!
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

NURight wrote:[*]Each region uses embassies for a different purpose. NURight is only planning to open embassies with member regions for instance, but other regions open embassies with everyone they can find. Again, context is important.

Does NURight consider a region with an embassy to a NSLeft member a potential target?

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:
ableism in WFE?

United Massachusetts wrote:I have to agree with Misley here. It's definitely sickening ableism.

Calling it ableism would imply autism is a disability, while some on the spectrum might be considered disabled, the vast majority of people with autism have long fulfilling lives
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm

-
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay